Ok stop it please... [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Ok stop it please...

|uK|Chronox
08-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Whats with all of you ppl ?

Clicking "Dislike" for every post in the forums... Did i miss something ?

I know i have been away for a while but seriously, 50 notifications ? all were Dislike notifications...

For God sake, this isnt facebook !..

This goes for some fellas (Cube, SheHunter, Grimreaper), did you all got hacked or something ?
Stop doing crack or whatever ur using...

Now spam this thread up, someone might get banned.

|uK|Grimreaper
08-01-2011, 12:57 AM
hahahahaha i said i was gonna be number 1 there so im number 1 xD

Top 5 Dislikes (Given)

Grimreaper (1126)
|uK|Cube (1007)
|uK|She-Hunter (591)
SogeKing (153)
YDT10 (97)

Feralidragon
08-01-2011, 05:47 AM
Yeah, same here Chronox. I got 14 notifications from dislikes from these two in 2 topics: "|uK| are they lame?" and "Nali Weapons 3".

One thing is disliking because you're being honest, I'm fine with that, another is spamming the forum with dislikes taking out the whole purpose of the system scar had the fucking trouble to build for you guys and then using it in a retarded childish competition between you.

Imo, scar or any other admin should now ban you both from the forum for a while, or at least remove you guys the right to like/dislike a post and remove all the likes/dislikes you have given.

Grow the fuck up, will ya?

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
08-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Whats with all of you ppl ?

Clicking "Dislike" for every post in the forums... Did i miss something ?

I know i have been away for a while but seriously, 50 notifications ? all were Dislike notifications...

For God sake, this isnt facebook !..

This goes for some fellas (Cube, SheHunter, Grimreaper), did you all got hacked or something ?
Stop doing crack or whatever ur using...

Now spam this thread up, someone might get banned.
got 18 notification for i don't know what some people will really get annoyed from this :)
and i was thinking they had a party and they did this coz of the amount of alcohol they had :P

|uK|Cube
08-01-2011, 07:06 AM
got 18 notification for i don't know what some people will really get annoyed from this :)
and i was thinking they had a party and they did this coz of the amount of alcohol they had :P

We got a winner!
http://morgamic.com/img/no-more-tears.jpg

terminator
08-01-2011, 08:30 AM
We got a winner!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1X2JsAqB2o

HIGH+CAMILO
08-01-2011, 08:32 AM
We got a winner!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt42/highcamilo/notifications.jpg

Most of Grim.

<|Pius|>
08-01-2011, 08:35 AM
http://www.unrealkillers.com/thanks.php?do=statistics
GG

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
i got 200 and something notifications can you please fucking quit it theres a section for spam use that section not the forums that are actually used by everyone else

|uK|kenneth
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
ban for a month.

|uK|She-Hunter
08-01-2011, 09:48 AM
thats what they are here for to piss off a few peeps

HIGH+CAMILO
08-01-2011, 11:47 AM
TWO!!! :p

kron
08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Lol at Moko with the most recieved dislikes.

|uK|Grimreaper
08-01-2011, 01:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHA epic xD

Sakura
08-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Turn it off for people who spam it.

SAM
08-01-2011, 03:22 PM
This isn't funny. Going to ban you guys if you carry on.

|uK|MiniWick
08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
This isn't funny. Going to ban you guys if you carry on.

Thank you..Childs play

Keith
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Just desactivate it. Problem solved

|uK|She-Hunter
08-01-2011, 04:53 PM
yeah what he said ..........

|uK|She-Hunter
08-01-2011, 04:58 PM
hey we didnt say it was funny it s there for us to use is it not so we used it whats wrong with that .

terminator
08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
use not abuse

<|Pius|>
08-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Calm down you ape.

|uK|Chronox
08-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Can i start banning ? dislike this post if you wish, i wanna ban someone here for the first time. As someone said, it is there to use it.

|uK|DeathHunter
08-01-2011, 09:32 PM
i didnt get none :(

NVM .. . ... ...

|uK|She-Hunter
08-01-2011, 11:06 PM
go ahead ban us or i can just not use the web anymore or i can just delete my account . its up to u

|uK|Grimreaper
08-02-2011, 03:44 AM
ban ydt.

|uK|She-Hunter
08-02-2011, 09:53 AM
hey i realize this is the most I've been on the forums

Feralidragon
08-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Ok, for the ones who think this is "ok", somewhat, let me ask you this:
- Do you know anything at all about PHP?
- Do you know the concepts and knowledge needed to make something like this work?
- Do you know what Ajax or JS even is?

I do PHP/JS/Ajax/HTML/CSS and even some image editing as my job, and let me tell you that doing something like this is not as easy as it looks.
The problem is not exactly the implementation (that part is the easiest), the problem is when you care about the fiability of the service and its performance, and if the cost vs usage is good enough to actually make it, and once you get javascript involved, there's the problem of working in all the browsers.

Basically said, everything this forum has was hard work from scar afaik.
When he created this like/dislike system he was aiming for the users to use it "correctly", meaning giving your opinion in a post with a simple click, an honest opinion.

From the moment you use it to "play" or in some sort of retarded competition, you're spitting in scar's hard work which he made for you guys so the forum could be better, and he clearlly isn't happy with that.

Plus, did you know that by doing this shit you're decreasing the forum's performance little by little? By each like/dislike an entry is created in a table in a database, the bigger the table the slower the query, specially since I am certain that "joins" are being used to link the users table to the likes table which consequently is linked to a posts table.

So by using it this way, if scar lets you keeping it up, scar will just have to disable the system he actually CARED TO MAKE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And we go even further, what if scar wanted to implement a "karma" or "reputation" system per user where the likes/dislikes were the base to calculate this? He just CAN'T now because you FUCKED UP THE ENTIRE LIKES/DISLIKES CREDIBILITY WITH YOUR CHILDREN PLAY!
In another words, he would have to create yet another table with its own reputation points system, which means slower forum and it wouldn't be effective anymore.

You guys just fucked up the whole purpose of scar's hard work and spitted in his face. Congratulations.

If this sort of bs happenned over at ut99.org, I wouldn't threat twice, the culprits would be banned (for some time) faster than a blink of an eye.

BTW: Nothing against you guys who did this, it's simply that you fucked up in this one.

SAM
08-02-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not going to warn again. Grim's been banned. The rest of you...pack it in.

Sakura
08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Oh cool you do html xXx? I made my first page with movements, music, and everything :D Its an easy language to learn. And cross site scripting too? Dude I do not get java script at all but I will :|

and omfg scar you made the like and dislike buttons?! You can code?!?!?!?! wow your a defense guy and a coding guy now. all hail to scar now he knows everything

I feel like a noob now I can only make pages lol and scar can make that down there

->

|uK|kenneth
08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
remove the fucking sit relly 1 people are abusing it 2 it makes webshatt fucking laggy nobody need o talk on forum etc you have fb and msn for tath JESUS

SAM
08-02-2011, 03:29 PM
remove the fucking sit relly 1 people are abusing it 2 it makes webshatt fucking laggy nobody need o talk on forum etc you have fb and msn for tath JESUS

English?

|uK|kenneth
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
wow i cant type rofl

|uK|chiseller
08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
No Shit Sherlock!

terminator
08-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I think it's slightly unfair to ban just grim. What about all the others rule breaker? Hope u temp banned him. Not because of him but because it's not fair toward other forum members that were laming on this forum as well.
Also i agree with YDT. Like and dislike system can reduce unnecessary posts.

edit: i liked kenneth's post just because his speech is just awesome and easy to understand :P

|uK|kenneth
08-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I think it's slightly unfair to ban just grim. What about all the others rule breaker? Hope u temp banned him. Not because of him but because it's not fair toward other forum members that were laming on this forum as well.
Also i agree with YDT. Like and dislike system can reduce unnecessary posts.

edit: i liked kenneth's post just because his speech is just awesome and easy to understand :P

rofl?

pzowned
08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
the like and dislike are dumb and the fact you guys are making this big fuss over it is making it worse stop crying

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Now i like you more termi :P

SAM
08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
There is no need for you guys to spam the likes and dislikes. I banned grim because I got 150 notifications, all from him. I don't have time to sit here sifting through who did what. I could, but I refuse to.

Stop creating needless work for me. Everything you post and like dislike etc needs maintainance.

|uK|Chronox
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
go ahead ban us or i can just not use the web anymore or i can just delete my account . its up to u

Tried and can´t, lucky you.... "Moderator".

terminator
08-02-2011, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't like to see any of you banned , but if Grim was banned then honey bee should be banned as well :/

Moko
08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
How long is he banned exactly? lol
I knew sth bad was gonna happen. :S

|uK|She-Hunter
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
waytogo grim take one for the team

Sakura
08-02-2011, 10:49 PM
^

?!?!?

You talk waaaaay different then you do on forums.

Like on ts, your like normal? But when you come on the forums your just all-over, repulsive, and you don't even act like your from uk?

Is this you? Maybe you sound normal, and I don't pay attention to what your actually saying. But you never caught my attention like you do on forums.

<|Pius|>
08-03-2011, 01:22 AM
On TS you can hear her laughing...

SogeKing
08-03-2011, 02:44 AM
waytogo grim take one for the team

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/SogeKing_USA/Funny/SogeLikesThis.jpg

Feralidragon
08-03-2011, 05:29 AM
@Sakura: Yes, I do that for a living. I don't know UScript only lol, I know a bunch of other languages as well (ActionScript 3, a bit of python, a bit of bash, assembly, java, php, etc).
The only language I didn't even touch yet and I want to learn someday is C++, so far I just hadn't any time so far to play with it...

Doing a "template editor" from scratch right now in JS/PHP/Ajax for about 3 weeks already latelly, as for the first time the boss just put in my hands the hardest and most critical business feature of our service in the near future (specially since in everyone else's opinion they thought what I wanted to pull out would be too difficult to do, at least for them, funny thing is that this is working so far and almost finished and fully flexible for further development and features, but I digress...), and have to have the prototype finished in the next week (and this includes the whole concept, design and all the code), so I have an a bit of an ideia on how each web feature can be implemented and the hard work involved, and the security you must add and the optimizations you must do. It's not as easy as it sounds.

That's why this sort of thing annoys the hell out of me: people do some work for fucking free asking nothing back, and when the developer asks just "maturity" in using it, the "users" spit on the developer's/admin's face, like pzowned and some others showed in his last post for example, which shows that he clearlly doesn't know the work behind it (and funny thing is that the like/dislike system was already adopted worldwide, so dumb or not, it actually works and is usefull, if you don't like it, don't use it).

The day pzowned, SheHunter, Grim and a couple others get to know what "real work" actually is, they will perhaps respect more its usage.

|uK|She-Hunter
08-03-2011, 09:34 AM
work whats that ...... is it something sweety to eat ....

<|Pius|>
08-03-2011, 10:24 AM
...did you hear it?
Didn't think so. :D

pzowned
08-03-2011, 04:00 PM
i dont use like and dislike because i dont care if you like or dislike my post that just sounds dumb to me caring about some ones post like that its a nice thing but i wont go to all that effort to say your post is awesome im going to like it. but thats just me

|uK|MiniWick
08-03-2011, 08:34 PM
^

?!?!?

You talk waaaaay different then you do on forums.

Like on ts, your like normal? But when you come on the forums your just all-over, repulsive, and you don't even act like your from uk?

Is this you? Maybe you sound normal, and I don't pay attention to what your actually saying. But you never caught my attention like you do on forums.

I actually agree..this "game " is childish

|uK|She-Hunter
08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
here what ......... sorry i had a brain fart

|uK|She-Hunter
08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
wait i think it went over my head.

kron
08-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I also agree with Sakura here, as much as I hate to admit it.

Why are you so different on the forums then on ts?
Do you have two personalities like that blonde girl from heroes? :)

|uK|She-Hunter
08-04-2011, 07:08 PM
nope just 1 head not 2 ......

SogeKing
08-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I also agree with Sakura here, as much as I hate to admit it.

Why are you so different on the forums then on ts?
Do you have two personalities like that blonde girl from heroes? :)

Most chicks are psycho it's just an understood fact of life. :)

|uK|She-Hunter
08-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Hector you ass ........ ahhahahahhahah

|uK|Grimreaper
08-07-2011, 11:05 AM
rofl xD

Keith
08-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Lol

|uK|Chronox
08-08-2011, 01:18 PM
No notifications, hurray ?

Moko
08-08-2011, 05:36 PM
rofl xD
No1 asked you.

Keith
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeh no more like/dislikes wtf?

Moko
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
lol?

|uK|Rays
08-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Most chicks are psycho it's just an understood fact of life. :)

+1