Choosing maps [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Choosing maps

|uK|Rays
08-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Since we got over to #mlsg there's been a lot more puging, sometimes like 5-6 daily. Pugs are getting better as far as people getting into teamspeak and server, but the biggest problem has got to be choosing the maps. Anyone who pugs often knows what I mean, you can blame the other person as much as you want but seriously we need to come to an agreement here on how we choose map. I know blaze said to just vote, but plain and simple, it doesn't work out. If there was any way to implement some kind of roulette that could choose one map for us that would be great. Otherwise let's make a set-in-stone rule so we can all stop yelling at each other!

<|Pius|>
08-11-2011, 05:02 AM
I'm with you man, Civilwar2 ALL THE TIME!!!
No, in all seriousness, we should just got back to 2 maps, blue picks one and red picks one.

|uK|Rays
08-11-2011, 06:30 AM
1 map is way better and less time consuming, id like to keep it the way we have it as far as matches played.

HIGH+CAMILO
08-11-2011, 07:45 AM
No, in all seriousness, we should just got back to 2 maps, blue picks one and red picks one.

I thought the same thing Pius, but it would take too long ... almost always there are others players waiting for the next pug.

HIGH+CAMILO
08-11-2011, 07:46 AM

I thought the same thing Pius, but it would take too long ... almost always there are others players waiting for the next pug.

MonsterBeast
08-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Just make it second pick gets to pick the map there we go.

|uK|MiniWick
08-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Make a roulette of all the maps that is playable and good for Siege Pugs . So witch either one it's gonna be you guy's can play it and not always be the same maps,?

<|Pius|>
08-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Well the second player pick thing doesn't work either, as sometimes there's only 3 really skilled players in the pugs. Then the second pick gets 2 skilled players and map pick. We need to figure out some kind of a roulette, or random map selecter. I can't believe this is so retarded and difficult. I mean, we should just be able to vote a map and play the damn thing, but then some loser shows up late and bitches because he didn't get to vote the map. WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST PERSON ON THE SERVER IF THE MAP CHOICE REALLY MATTERED TO YOU. I'm sick of pugging with a BUNCH OF KIDS. I'm thinking we say to hell with it, open the pug server to the public and disable all pugs. Fuck it.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
i thought sw said it was already in the rules that its a one map pug and majority votes wins the cliche being 8 players have to be on the server when voting commences

EDIT:
i looked and sw didnt edit the rules

anyway they have been revised now

|uK|Rays
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
i don't think that's a good rule blaze, we have people that joke around and vote siege4 or kick votes along with taking 15 minutes to get in the server. Pugs are active and I don't think you should remove them at all, but if they started faster and felt more organized it would only make it better. Consider finding some kind of random map selector

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-11-2011, 01:02 PM
it would be a map cycle which is gay

rule

Voting a Map
As this is a one map PUG, everyone must wait for there to be 8 players or more on the server before voting for a map, if for any reason there wasnt 8 players or more on the server while the map was being voted, a revote will take place once there are 8 players or more on the server.

You are entitled to vote for any map you like, but it is advised you vote for your teams choice of map. VOTE SENSIBLY DONT BE AN IDIOT.

|uK|Tomahawk
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Consider finding some kind of random map selector

Simpe. Have a admin force a map vote and then have them disable our abilty to vote so no one votes. Then random map lol:P I know you can do it ive had it happen to me before a long time ago but havent seen that recentaly

|uK|Rays
08-11-2011, 03:38 PM
that's doable, but it might end up choosing a siege4 map or something because of all the maps we have on the server, lol. pugs today have been pretty terrible, valleyofsiege & noshows, i feel like i got some payback for valleyofsiege though. hehe.

Pie
08-11-2011, 05:36 PM
that's doable, but it might end up choosing a siege4 map or something because of all the maps we have on the server, lol.

If the columns separate siege4 from the other maps, then someone can make it specifically pick a map at random from one or so columns not including siege4.

|uK|Anthrax
08-11-2011, 05:58 PM
If the columns separate siege4 from the other maps, then someone can make it specifically pick a map at random from one or so columns not including siege4.

It's true

HIGH+CAMILO
08-12-2011, 07:13 AM
I got one idea.

Captains are picked randomly right? So we use the same rule to choose the map!! Thank you... thank you... :p

You guys put a list of maps on IRC and it will be chosen randomly.

And its not allowed to change it.

When we live IRC we already have teams and map chosen.

Yes i know... i´m a genious.

SilverWing
08-12-2011, 09:01 AM
how hard is it for a team to pick a map.... just vote when there is 8 or more people on the server

if u didn't get to vote then fu ...ur to fucken slow...

SogeKing
08-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Yesterday we played Chase's Balls and Nalitown....nuff said.

<|Pius|>
08-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Hector, now you're gonna tell me you're mad about that? YOU VOTED IT AND LAUGHED FOR THE ENTIRETY OF BOTH GAMES MAN.:mad:
hypocrasy@itsfinest

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-12-2011, 12:40 PM

your a fucking idiot everything is a joke to you, hell i can laugh and joke around but theres a time in which you dont continue to joke and fuck around and if you and kron continue to fuck around on the channel i will strip kron of his admin and ban you both from the channel permanently.

heed the warning

|uK|kenneth
08-12-2011, 12:51 PM

funny lol it was good for 1 time but now vote serious

SogeKing
08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
It was the best Pug matches u have ever played and you know it kenneth! lol :D :D :) ;D

@Blaze, I just find it hard to take a Video Game as a "Serious" matter. I play for fun, however, I understand that my Fun ends where yours begins. Pugs are supposed to be serious and am I can't be, that's why Puggin' is not my thing (it's never been) I'll stick to playing with the noobs in pubs. :D That's always fun.

Everyone Wins! :)

kron
08-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah I am sorry, but we play for fun and as Hector said, where one person's fun begins, the other person's fun ends.

I am sorry that we are the only two people being blamed for this, even though we weren't the only two to vote, since it takes majority to vote for a map. Not only that, but everyone except Freeze had a great time in those pugs we played, thus resulting in Freeze being the only one to complain about it. but after we repugged right away for a serious pug.

If you want to ban both of us that's fine. Take away my admin that's fine. But you won't take away our love of the game and how we like to have fun.

So me and Hector have agreed to stop pugging, in order to preserve everyone else's fun and games.

|uK|Rays
08-12-2011, 02:23 PM
wowwww guys, just gonna say I probably would have put my whinepants on if I had to play dodge_chase's_balls on siege too, but I would either mute my mic when I had said whinepants on or try to giggle it off.

anyways back on topic, this majority vote thing sucks, can we try what Pie and lotrfan said please? Make a collumn of the mapvote with maps we can all agree are fun and balanced and do a roulette style pick. If this is considered I'll make another thread about what maps are worth puging.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah I am sorry, but we play for fun and as Hector said, where one person's fun begins, the other person's fun ends.

I am sorry that we are the only two people being blamed for this, even though we weren't the only two to vote, since it takes majority to vote for a map. Not only that, but everyone except Freeze had a great time in those pugs we played, thus resulting in Freeze being the only one to complain about it. but after we repugged right away for a serious pug.

If you want to ban both of us that's fine. Take away my admin that's fine. But you won't take away our love of the game and how we like to have fun.

So me and Hector have agreed to stop pugging, in order to preserve everyone else's fun and games.

no one asked you to stop pugging it was just an addressing to you and hector there are other people i have talked to in private asking them to behave themselves otherwise there would be consequences. your not the only ones

Moko
08-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I have an idea that will be ignored! :D

An admin picks 3 maps from the list and after the teams are picked they put up the map names in IRC, then the captains pick the map they want.

<|Pius|>
08-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Moko4tehWinz!
thats a great idea, I'm down for it. Make a poll since it was your idea.

|uK|Rays
08-13-2011, 02:54 AM
I don't get it, why an admin and why 3 maps? If any one specific person is going to pick it should be one of the captains and we only play one map. I see where your coming though, it's a step in the right direction.

|uK|Cube
08-13-2011, 04:39 AM
what about you simply vote a DECENT map instead voting stupid maps wich leads to more drama and more work for SAM or anyone else?

|uK|Anthrax
08-13-2011, 08:15 AM
what about you simply vote a DECENT map instead voting stupid maps wich leads to more drama and more work for SAM or anyone else?

totally agree...it's just have common sense

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-13-2011, 08:38 AM
there will be an irc script coming soon with a revised pug maplist contained inside it where everyone casts votes on the map in the pug channel the one with most votes would then of course be the map played, players would then be required to go on the server and just vote the map that won or the admin can force it to the map which won on voting in irc

SAM
08-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Finally. As everyone who has played a real pug with a real pugbot has seen, pugs are much easier when captains choose maps before the match starts. No bitching. No complaining. If captains are willing to sign up, pick teams and give tactics they deserve the luxury of picking the maps they play.

YD unless you have something a bit more than complain constantly to contribute then don't contribute your complaints at all. All I ever hear you say is "xyz is so much better" If you are so fed up about it then do something about it or just shush.

Thanks

|uK|Rays
08-15-2011, 12:53 AM
sounds good blaze.

SAM
08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
The fact is YD nothing comes free, correct. However, I think we pay enough out of our pockets with all the servers, websites etc for you all to have a free service for us to carry on forking out for ungreatful trolls like you.

If you want something improved, take it upon yourself to improve it. The basic structure is here, we have promoted siege and got it to where it is today. I am not saying that is the limit. However, in terms of IRC no one here has knowledge of that stuff, nor do I and I am not going to start gaining any because I have alot more on than to just sit here and be making myself familiar.

All I ever see from you is "things over here and there is so much better" blah blah blah. If you have the exact pugbot or whatever you are recommending then post it. If you don't have it and since you know where to get it from, make furthe enquiries on behalf of siegepug. I am sure puggers would appreciate it. If I have majority of the work done I could look at the script and modify it to suit siege. It wouldn't take me long to figure out. Other than that, IRC pugbot won't be impoving unless someone takes ownership and that is because I do not have time to write one from scratch nor does anyone here have knowledge.

<|Pius|>
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
and quit callin people nazis troll...

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-15-2011, 10:06 PM
well chis is working on a mapvoting bot which will work in tandem with ABot or any bot which we happen to use in siege pugs so can we either help improve things or shut up about it already

SAM
08-16-2011, 05:04 AM
YD, what I have said is quite simple. Either start doing things that show you are helping or don't say anything. All it ever sounds like you do is complain and call us Nazi which won't be taken to kindly. So any 'treatment' you have received is self inflicted I personally have overlooked your posts many times just because you should be able to say and post what you like regardless of who it would possibly offend. However when majority are offedbed and call for your ban this being a community I have to ban you.

ChanClan
08-16-2011, 02:30 PM
It does take a bit to get one going...what About scheduled event's....Map of Day or Lunch Hour Pug (depending on country) or Happy Hour.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-16-2011, 02:50 PM
pugs work fine people just need to get a move on in getting on the server and ts and voting and clicking in once all that has been done i dont see how hard it is to do 4 simple things

Moko
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I miss Abot. :S

TDNConvict
08-16-2011, 05:01 PM
pugs work fine people just need to get a move on in getting on the server and ts and voting and clicking in once all that has been done i dont see how hard it is to do 4 simple things

you needs to to edit the server so one of the columns only has the maps listed at prounreal that are going to be used for the mlsg season..then let people pick

the maplists in their current form are too intimidating for people who havn't played a lot of the maps and are new to siege and there are a lot of stupid maps.... plus everyone needs to practice mlsg maps for the season anyway

SAM
08-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Post the maplist I will change it to reflect what is posted.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-16-2011, 07:17 PM
its not finalized yet il get the maps that are good for pugs and post them

|uK|kenneth
09-17-2011, 06:17 AM
NOVEMBER CE ?