PDA

View Full Version : Dear Siege Ultimate devs,

Feralidragon
09-17-2011, 10:46 AM
do you guys consent this?
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3493

This guy just registered and posted "that". So far I didn't delete his links since I wasn't sure what is exactly your standing on this.

So, do you know or at least consent what this guy did, or did this guy just stole your hard worked mod?
(I didn't even add a single credit)

PS.: In case he does not have the devs consent, I ask you to not post there bashing or flaming the guy, I ask you let me do my job there instead, clean and simple

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-17-2011, 05:10 PM
no there was no consent to this

can you deal with it please thanks

also could you give me this persons ip so i can found out who this was

Feralidragon
09-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Hmm... I thought so. Knowing that this project wasn't officially released yet, I found it very strange a new user popping up with a new version of this, yet I wanted to clarify first to not misjudge the issue.

Either ways, the issue was dealt with: I removed his links, and explained why.
Now it all depends on him, either he learns or ignores and does not post it again, or in case he tries to play the smartass role with me I will ban him imediatelly.

He made the mistake to post about a mod I actually know quite well.

Well, Blaze, check your PM folder :)

Pie
09-17-2011, 07:05 PM
It's not publically released, but I DO know that WildCard gave his version out to more than just uK for testing purposes, etc. Do you think it has anything to do with that, or that they just jacked uK's?

|uK|MiniWick
09-17-2011, 07:49 PM
or that they just jacked uK's?

No I think scar did something with the sever so no one could take it from it . I think

|uK|Rays
09-18-2011, 04:20 AM
Why did ahm3t just send me all that info from the post on ut99.org in pm?

Feralidragon
09-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Why did ahm3t just send me all that info from the post on ut99.org in pm?
He did send me that too.

Blaze, can you confirm me if this guy is the same from ut99.org? If so, I will *gladly* ban him from there since the guy is obviouslly retarded and a troll, and I have zero patience/tolerance with this kind of people.

nOs*Wildcard
09-18-2011, 05:47 AM
SK has my source code follow the foot prints from there. but anyone can get it by exporting and if they are smart enough with package manipulaton get it to work. I have kept my unfinnished works under lock and key I saw the code in it that removes the copy protection on the map and I know how to fix that IN FUTURE MAKES OF MAPS

Scar talk to me about this.

Don't worry thou, eventualy that siege will eventualy be obsolete anyways >:D
I haven't TOUCHED Ultimate ran it or distributed it or its code anywhere.

I got a PM too and they posted on my servers gametracker page

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-18-2011, 11:56 AM
they are the same person

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/1260-Recent-PM-s

|uK|Tomahawk
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
dont click the links everyone THEY ARE VIRUSES

Feralidragon
09-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Ok, thanks for confirming Blaze.

The user is now banned from ut99.org as well.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
xxx might be a good idea for you to mass email the users on ut99.org telling them the links are viruses i dont think people will be happy to be looking at pms, clicking the links and then having there pc's acting up

sketchturner
09-23-2011, 12:09 AM
It's only necessary batch export and recompile it (kaboom!), jumping some textures and sounds, I did it months ago for "testing purposes" (xD) and published it here, but Sam removed my post inmediatly LOL, btw, UT is open for develop, so... even if you try to keep the code as "secret" it will not be possible... remember!

// Mine
// Written by nOs*Badger
// Revised for Monster Madness by nOs*Wildcard
// Revised by SK

and also this...

function PostBeginPlay()
{

Super.PostBeginPlay();

if (Team == 1)
Texture = Texture'SKFlare';

if (Team == 0)
}

That remembers me one of the best UK players :D

nOs*Wildcard
09-23-2011, 02:35 AM
It's only necessary batch export and recompile it (kaboom!), jumping some textures and sounds, I did it months ago for "testing purposes" (xD) and published it here, but Sam removed my post inmediatly LOL, btw, UT is open for develop, so... even if you try to keep the code as "secret" it will not be possible... remember!

// Mine
// Written by nOs*Badger
// Revised for Monster Madness by nOs*Wildcard
// Revised by SK

and also this...

function PostBeginPlay()
{

Super.PostBeginPlay();

if (Team == 1)

if (Team == 0)
}

That remembers me one of the best UK players :D

um, interesting and logical code there... http://wildcard.tigzone.com/images/Emoticons/MSN/Sarcastic.png

Feralidragon
09-23-2011, 05:46 AM
btw, UT is open for develop, so... even if you try to keep the code as "secret" it will not be possible... remember!
Actually it is, it's called "code removal and obfuscation".
Plus, if you use custom models and procedural textures, you cannot simply batchexport and recompile.

So yeah, there are several ways to protect code and the whole mod altogether, and unless you already know some a bit more advanced topics in programming, you cannot possibly make it work.

Btw, agree with WildCard, that piece of code does not make any sense at all, and that's why I said that the Siege code should be cleaned up, it reminds me of BlackCheetah's code lol (Velocity = Velocity; anyone?).

nOs*Wildcard
09-23-2011, 06:20 AM
LMAO Nice one FerailDragon! that's just.... great! :D Velocity = Velocity;? WTF? hahahaaha
With my work with SiegeXtrems sometimes the previous programmers belive indenting their code is for chumps thruout the code you will see me leaving angry commens going WHY!?!?! Why the trouble? I cannot even read this! I got to indent everything all nice before I can even work with it! lol

Feralidragon
09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
So for them indenting code is for chumps hein?
I would like to see them coding in Python, then we would check the real chumps lol (Python is pretty much the most powerfull and faster interpreted language in the world, and it doesn't use curly braces, it uses indentation instead, so you're literally obligued to make it indented or it won't work at all).

Indentation is actually a good programming practise and avoids hundreds of bugs and makes bug fixing much faster (besides looking much better), whoever says otherwise shouldn't call himself a coder at all imo (and not only imo, in every professional coder's opinion who I know of).

nOs*Wildcard
09-23-2011, 08:07 AM
I indent obsessively! And Yes it is a very good programming practice. My Programming instructor would be all over us if we did not indent our code (which is fine because she was kinda hot...@##@) Cough cough... [clears throat] I mean was a good instructor and I have not slipped on indenting since. Hahaha that is funny that in python its mandatory

sketchturner
09-23-2011, 10:00 AM
that piece of code has no sense, the purpose was to show that all the classes are decompiled, and yes, you can join some objects with the classes to make it harder to be decompiled (idk if is the correct word i'm not native english), but not impossible. Siege has many classes but with a bit of knowledge about java or c they can be modified and re-compiled, i can't understand how you let koala write his shit in there :S

but in some instances... it should be

this.Velocity = Velocity; // xD

and i expected to find something like this:

koalas_Hook.getWeapon("SpeedFireEnforcer");

xD

nOs*Wildcard
09-23-2011, 10:40 AM
that piece of code has no sense, the purpose was to show that all the classes are decompiled, and yes, you can join some objects with the classes to make it harder to be decompiled (idk if is the correct word i'm not native english), but not impossible. Siege has many classes but with a bit of knowledge about java or c they can be modified and re-compiled, i can't understand how you let koala write his shit in there :S

but in some instances... it should be

this.Velocity = Velocity; // xD

and i expected to find something like this:

koalas_Hook.getWeapon("SpeedFireEnforcer");

xD

SiegeXtreme 3 is still under development and WILL not be based off of Siege Ultimate!
I'm still bitter about the SK thing, Recently he beat everyone on my server in Gauntlet and was like just a few points behind Necrosis_MHS in almost no time! while Necrosis_MHS the leader on Gauntlet top ten and it took months to earn his million points! And he just comes in and blows everyone away in like a week or 2 >:( he was aliasing as Volthomas and Voldermort and just to test if he still if given the chance would cheat I baited him with BadNeighborsUltimateV2 just to test to see if he would take it in a normals siege game I aliased as somone else nobody knew and in no time he used the cheat in his map and I had a mutator I call "Supervisor" running server side that detected him engage his cheat and he was sent thru a rollar coaster of my cruel and unusual admin punishments automaticallly by the Supervisor mutator at the same time Broadcasting it to everyone and placing him in the sky for everyone to see yeah.... you can see where it went from there. I gave him the chance to cheat and he took it imediately and he never knew any admins were online and did it in a siege game with players.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-23-2011, 11:13 AM
lol doesnt surprise me wildcard will you be implementing things like emp ? flame thrower? dont add the neutron bomb

also is anyone interested in "cleaning up" siege ultimate for me

nOs*Wildcard
09-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Everything I make will be optional and or adjustable ;) that is the key. Yes, I originaly was going to implement it in my Orb concept along with fire null and ice orbs but SK beat me to it.

nOs*Wildcard
09-25-2011, 07:23 AM
lol doesnt surprise me wildcard will you be implementing things like emp ? flame thrower? dont add the neutron bomb

also is anyone interested in "cleaning up" siege ultimate for me

Everytime he gets caught he gets better and better at hideing it I looked really hard into siege utimate can you really trust siege ultimate will be ultimately clean?

|uK|chiseller
09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
I had a mutator I call "Supervisor" running server side that detected him engage his cheat and he was sent thru a rollar coaster of my cruel and unusual admin punishments automaticallly by the Supervisor mutator at the same time Broadcasting it to everyone and placing him in the sky for everyone to see yeah....

lolwhat?

But nicely done wildcard ;)

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-25-2011, 12:25 PM
well no i dont trust siege ultimate at all but its really popular and i dont know the first thing about coding which is why i was asking if you will implement some of the things from ultimate into x3

any sort timescale when your gona be finished on it?

nOs*Wildcard
09-25-2011, 12:43 PM
persuade me with money because this shit it costs me time! Or sit back and let me continue passively developing it :)
In the meantime if you all would like to spy on my gametracker it has loads of spoilers which is constatly uploaded everytime I hit printscreen photos of my devlopments

http://www.gametracker.com/wildcardx/image.php?id=185331
It updates freqently!

nOs*Wildcard
09-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Haha, well I'm only partially kidding by that last post. I'm glad were in agreement about how trustfull SiegeUltimate is. I will try to focus my efforts on SiegeXtreme 3 when I have more time :)

nOs*Wildcard
09-25-2011, 01:20 PM
tripple post for no reason