PDA

View Full Version : Malicious forum

Feralidragon
10-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Today when accessing this forums, I got the follwing red screen with something along the lines of:
www.unrealkillers.com includes content of xfactorservers.com, a known website for distributing malicious software, ....

Basically, your x-factorservers ad is making your site being considered malicious. Please remove the ad or fix this asap, otherwise I will have to take off your link from my blog temporarilly so visitors do not think I am sending them to a malicious website.

Thanks

SAM
10-14-2011, 01:03 PM
xfactorservers is a gameserver host...not anything malicious?

Feralidragon
10-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I know, but when I accessed the forum today a message appeared saying that xfactorservers had malicious content of some sorts (and it went on for about 2 or 3 hours from my first access), and since your forum was accessing it (the ad), it was unsafe to view this forum.
I accessed through Linux btw, so it wasn't any AV of mine.

Anyway, I guess they already fixed the problem as I can now access without any malicious messages. I was just giving you guys heads up to either remove the ad or do something about it since I didn't know how much time this would go on without fixing, and to avoid any bigger trouble to your side.

It all seems fixed, but I will be visiting the forum today a couple more times to check if it gives me the same msg again, and if so, I will post about it :)

Pie
10-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I got the message as well. Might have just been a glitch on xfactor's website that made it seem like there was malware on there. However, Chrome said a message was sent to them letting them know there's malware. So, they could've just fixed it themselves.

Sakura
10-14-2011, 11:11 PM
lets investigate this guys