PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting an Apple "computer"?

Lee_Stricklin
10-19-2011, 03:03 PM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8551/applevspcneweggcomparis.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/applevspcneweggcomparis.png/)

|uK|MiniWick
10-19-2011, 03:19 PM
?

Lee_Stricklin
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
?

Did you actually look at the image?

|uK|MiniWick
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Did you actually look at the image?

I did but it's not funny..seems like every one doesn't find it funny either ? just assuming

Keith
10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
He's just saying that with the price of a high end mac you can get way better parts for pc than the mac, 2 ips screens, 2 GTX 580 and a gaming laptop

nOs*Wildcard
10-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Yes1 this is funny! I laughed! Looking at this comparison! it's great!

|uK|MiniWick
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
He's just saying that with the price of a high end mac you can get way better parts for pc than the mac, 2 ips screens, 2 GTX 580 and a gaming laptop

Yea but doesn't the mac come with allot of pretty good software ?

Keith
10-21-2011, 06:13 PM
Think so... but the prices of their hardware parts are ridiculously high

UNrealshots
10-21-2011, 07:09 PM
you can torrent the software.... you cant torrent the hardware.

|uK|chiseller
10-22-2011, 05:03 AM
How's that funny? It's a well known fact that Macs are way more expensive.

<|Pius|>
10-23-2011, 05:18 AM
AND way less compatible...I'm pro PC.

|uK|MiniWick
10-23-2011, 12:57 PM
AND way less compatible...I'm pro PC.
hes pro Personal computer. ^

nOs*Wildcard
10-23-2011, 01:46 PM
you can torrent the software.... you cant torrent the hardware.
WIN
COLD HARD FACT VICTORY

Feralidragon
10-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Yea but doesn't the mac come with allot of pretty good software ?
Good software? Well, if we consider that their OS and programs only have to run in their own hardware, it's quite difficult to not make it "right", and even so their software has lots and lots and lots of incompatibilities with most software worldwide (specially but not limited to games and tools for making them), and they never cared to fix it up, they only cared in getting more money through all possible means.

If we consider Windows or Linux for instance, they both have to work in all the possible imaginable hardware parts from all the different companies, so it's way harder to make software that works in this case than for Macs, so hats off to both Windows and Linux for providing compatibility for almost everything (they may have their problems, but Linux is free and pretty much everything actually works in Windows, I see many bashing Windows worldwide, but 99% of them doesn't know what exactly they're talking about and how hard is to develop an OS to run everywhere in all possible architectures, I wanted to see them doing it).
Plus, each company have their proprietary software such as drivers for the hardware and such, so it becomes even harder to make it right.

I don't know how to make an OS exactly, but I know the difference between developing something for 1 machine and developing for 1000 machines even within the same OS, so, take your own conclusions.
Plus I work in a place where there are Linux developers, so I see in first hand the kind of stuff they have to deal with, and I guarantee it's not noob stuff for sure.

|uK|MiniWick
10-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Good point their dragon..but wasn't their music software what really made it nice ?

<|Pius|>
10-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Fuck iTunes!
Can't even put music on an iPod like you can with most .mp3 players...Have to download THEIR software. That shit is gay.
Winamp + removable media = win.

Feralidragon
10-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, I don't think anyone would buy Macs only for a music software. Do you know how really the IPod thing started up? Guess what: it started exactly like any mp3 player, with some more features and "Mac" stamped all over it, and what made people start to buy it were just the headphones which were white. Given that it was the only mp3 player with white phones, many people bought it because it was "cool looking", and that's all.

Mac simply makes everything "nice" (not to say "stolen", many things in their OS are ripoffs from some Linux distros, which are free), you have to buy everything from them, and yet you're NOT free to use what you bought at all, they keep chains and locks on you and your stuff. ITunes is a perfect example of that, if you want to hear the music from a CD or a Pen Drive in a car with USB support or in another OS, or even use it for a domestic video for your personal stuff (to show only to friends and all), you can't (unless you find some not-so-legal software to do the convertion).

ACF
09-03-2012, 05:02 AM
Apple products are high quality and really durable, but they are overpriced and shit. Compatability issues etc.. I have an ipod touch , i dont use it for music because of stupid itunes, i had ot jailbreak it and just play games on it and browse the web. I advise anyone not to get it, their just hyped up fancy pieces of shit. You can build a pc better than it for half the price.

papercoffee
09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Pretty old thread ....and you bumped it.

I work with Mac in my office ...but at home I prefer a dual boot system, Windows for games and Linux for everything else.

.seVered.][
09-28-2012, 05:32 AM
Pretty old thread ....and you bumped it.

I work with Mac in my office ...but at home I prefer a dual boot system, Windows for games and Linux for everything else.

LOL are you serious... mine is the opposite... My linux box is quite elite and I hardly ever get to use it anymore (RedHat 10.0)

Neff
09-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Most Mac users in which I've encounterd know little to nothing about computers and act like it's better because it costs more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s15e01-humancentipad

^ Funny South Park episode about Apple :)