PDA

View Full Version : Some siege questions and observations

Feralidragon
10-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Well, I have some questions and observations to make:

1 - When I build a Mini-Shield, Super Protector and some other buildings, sometimes the one I built doesn't automatically recover after being damaged unlike the rest of the buildings. Is is a bug or a limitation imposed in siege?
Either ways is very annoying and can trully destroy an entire defense or attack strategy to a team, since everytime I build one of those I never know if they're going to recover from damage, it's quite random.

2 - Balancing is screwed, please get another balancer or someone to fix it please. From the moment I have to check if the other team has 2 extra people without the mod warning to balance teams and when the teams are perfectly balanced and it annoys with the unbalanced message, it's not just about cookies and database, it's the mod itself which isn't indicated for siege or any other gametype if it bugs out so badly, making it nearlly useless.

3 - About the Neutron bomb, I still didn't get exactly how it works when exploding... sometimes it looked like it worked like EMP (blast radius ignoring walls and other obstacles), but when I attempted one it didn't seem to work that way... so how exactly does it work blast-wise? Is it like an overpowered regular nuke with simply more damage and radius or has more to it?

4 - Please remove the CTF-BathroomsEQ1 map from Siege Ultimate voting (I guess the original Bathroom map). It's fun for SiegeXXL, but in Siege Ultimate the Red team can get easilly get the upper hand due to the way the map is built and how easilly the Red team can severelly and, more importantly, *safelly* spam EMPs against Blue, while Blue team simply cannot.
If you don't know what I mean, just check the map layout, and knowing how an EMP works just think if you were in Red where you would put an EMP, and then the same in Blue, and you will get what I mean.
Yesterday we played this map, and I was in Red team (curiouslly we lost, but mostly because our team wasn't neally giving a f*ck about winning or making a team effort, they didn't take the advantages I gave to them over and over), and I notice this design flaw (NOT exploit, it's perfectly legal, the map layout wasn't well thought, that's all) and I surelly spammed over 20 EMPs *easilly* and *safelly*, and I certainlly wouldn't like to play in Blue team if I knew this since the beggining of the game.

Btw, all the questions and statements I made, I did so fully aware it may not be easy to fix each one due to technical limitations or simply lack of time, but they had to be made anyway.

However I trully hope someone steps forward and fix it all once and for all.
I am seriouslly inclined to "reinvent the wheel" myself after I finish current developments of my own stuff as I cannot stand to look and know this could be way better by now.

I just don't code an entirelly new siege and fully compatible and working balancer (taking 4 teams and even leeching games into account) because I have no time right now, but it has to be done by someone asap.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
think were just waiting on wildcard to come out with sx3 and just making minor edits to siege ultimate for pugs....

audiosonic
10-31-2011, 06:59 PM
1 - Recovering has all to do with containers, regular lvl 5 containers repair buildings up to (max) 1 dodge size, so do a front flip from the container and run back just a little to get the maximum range on your container. It's not random, you probably build the shield too far off so it wouldn't recover.

2 - Balancer has messed up since the core gave away so much points, so while someone holds down the other team by killing them and a noob goes for the core, the noob will be rated higher according to the balancer.

3 - Neutron bomb drops from the point where you build it till it hits something solid (usually you dont notice because you build it on the floor). It's just like a nuke, but then 3x stronger and goes partially through walls. The damage done is dependent on the position of your neutron obviously.

4 - Then again in Bathrooms blue has the advantage of super boosting right into red base, so who benefits the most ;)? Plus those EMP's hardly reach the blue base, they only disable the buildings directly against the wall (ss+shp) and the most commonly build super protector in the tub.

Feralidragon
11-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the info Blaze, nice to know WildCard is doing something about it. :)
Does it include a better balancer (question 2)?

However, none of my other questions got answered by anyone... :\

EDIT: In the past weekend, CTF-BathroomsEQ1 got voted again. I forced myself to stay in red team and I proved the huge advantage red had over blue. We won the match quite easilly thanks to my EMPs, as I used this advantage to its max extent.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-02-2011, 02:43 PM
i have an idea as to what is conflicting and test it on the pug server to see if im correct if i am the changes will be made on pub to fix the fake unbalanced teams

audiosonic
11-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I posted something but it needed to be approved...

Feralidragon
11-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Damn, so many "siegers" and no one is able to answer me.... :confused: :(

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-04-2011, 01:07 PM
well making some changes on pug server today and do some testing i think this will work brb

Feralidragon
11-04-2011, 08:24 PM
@Blaze: Ok, thanks for the info. :)

@audiosonic: Finally I see your post. Thanks :D
1 - Damn, I feel like a noob now. I never realized that the containers were the ones actually making the buildings recover. Thanks for the info. :)

2 - Well, that's something that could be corrected in future versions of siege (or the balancer itself).

3 - Ok, roger that. :)

4 - Last saturday, me and about 3 other guys in our team made a hell of a team work, I EMPed Blue, and they nuked/attacked, then I leeched a bit from blue with rockets (and attention, it was difficult to get points from them, there's was no direct leeching point), then coordinated to EMP, then I EMPed and they attacked with nukes and whatnot. We won the match in about 5 minutes from the moment I was able to build EMPs, and if you put them in the right place, your EMP range is astonishing (I already could EMP most of their buildings, not just the ones near the tub).
The only way Blue has any shot at Red is if either the balancer screws up and makes them too strong, or if they get and keep the upperhand in building development from the beggining of the match, otherwise they're screwed.

As for boosting, Red can also boost to Blue quite easilly, no so directly, but directly enough for me to be sent flying to the point I entered their base and fired at their ss still in middle air, it's harder to build and keep a booster than is to build EMPs in that map if you know what to attack to get most RU.

In resume that's arguable, but truth is that we already won quite easilly (as Red) due to my EMPs (which I made to prove my point about that map).