PDA

View Full Version : Textures

=)LSD(=MonkeyDJeta
12-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Dude, In siege, i didn't loaded me some textures as super container D: So, i treat teleffraged a enemy sc with a teleport but as i didn't see the sc, wrong me and teleffraged a my team's sc near of enemy sc ---> kicked for 450 matches >.< :( i 'll have to wait :p
How i could see those textures? :confused: From now, thanks

Current nick: GoddessOfDestruccion
:)

PS:I speak spanish, i have a noob english xd
PS2: greetings for uk

terminator
12-16-2011, 08:07 PM
If i got it right.. enemy made glitched invisible SC near his team's SC , so he telefragged the wrong SC (of his own team)
rofl

|uK|chiseller
12-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Cool story bro but I don't believe you. It was me who banned you.
We had two invisible super containers at their door and he telefragged one of it. There was no enemy super container around whatsoever.

|uK|Grimreaper
12-17-2011, 05:58 AM
lol..

Keith
12-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Funny read.

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
12-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Cool story bro but I don't believe you. It was me who banned you.
We had two invisible super containers at their door and he telefragged one of it. There was no enemy super container around whatsoever.
wow, this is hard !!! how can we know if its ours or its for the enemy is there anyway we could tell?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j9oDqG2zBGE/SLitQ7Mgz_I/AAAAAAAABnQ/LgqI3Nj6WFI/s400/i'd+hit+it.jpg

:D try to hit it and see if you got some ru! if you got ru its for the enemy, you Telefragge it with no Question if not than thats yours walk away from it :D simple as that :D

=)LSD(=MonkeyDJeta
12-17-2011, 06:11 PM
wow, this is hard !!! how can we know if its ours or its for the enemy is there anyway we could tell?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j9oDqG2zBGE/SLitQ7Mgz_I/AAAAAAAABnQ/LgqI3Nj6WFI/s400/i'd+hit+it.jpg

:D try to hit it and see if you got some ru! if you got ru its for the enemy, you Telefragge it with no Question if not than thats yours walk away from it :D simple as that :D

kk thanks LZNYS, i wait some answer for see those textures, if this is possible :)
i believe that there was a sc enemy that 's why use a teleport and don't a builder lol
i know the rules: if some way for destroy a sc or container of self team, this lawbreaker will is banned :/ how annoying! >.<
cya
PS:well, it doesn't matter that you believe me or no, only search don't fall in self error. :/

|uK|Grimreaper
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
you can only get ru with a glitched sc with some weapons

Feralidragon
12-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Wait.... why the hell you can still telefrag a building anyway? Wasn't that accounted for in any of the Siege updates? o.O

|uK|Anthrax
12-20-2011, 07:23 AM
its allowed i think.

Feralidragon
12-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Well, "allowed"? That doesn't even make any sense for Siege, really.

I mean, I know why "technically" you can telefrag buildings (because they are subclasses of Pawn, and Pawns can be telefragged), however that could be EASILY avoided from the very beggining.

Besides being easily fixable, it doesn't even make any sense by being allowed as that would be like "look, I am going to telefrag a tower... TROLOLOLOL", it simply doesn't make any sense at all as buildings aren't supposed to be "living things that can be telefragged".

I really hope Wildcard look at these details in his new version and release it asap, and sorry for being a bit harsh, but it's quite "pathetic" that a building can still be telefragged at all, honestly (I always assumed they couldn't).
This gametype has years already, and I keep finding that this gametype is full of fairly "basic" holes anyone can exploit and nothing is done about it (bans come too late in general as 2 hours games can get ruined because of this and other factors, as it's not a simple 20 minutes CTF or DM or AS to finish, forget and play the next one), and some of them are being allowed.

Wildcard, wherever you are, you better finish your version very very soon. I know that lack of time is a b*tch (living it right now myself), and the admins are doing the best they can, but it's this kind of small things that lead a server slowly to death as people start to get frustrated from those said details (thankfully player bans and warnings do work, but it can be waaaaaaay more effective if made within the mod itself and avoid this stuff in the first place).

Just my 2 cents

|uK|chiseller
12-20-2011, 08:38 AM
I agree with you there and you're welcome to fix it! ;)

|uK|Anthrax
12-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I agree with you there and you're welcome to fix it! ;)

^

Feralidragon
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
I would fix it, however I have a mod to release for ages already so I have to release it first before I do anything relative other mods, otherwise instead of releasing my mod in Jan or Feb, I would only release it by April or May, which is unacceptable for me.

Also, the Siege problems go way beyond this. I can help pointing out the solutions coding wise, but I cannot use my time to make anything on it yet (and trust me, everytime I see something wrong in the gametype I like the most I feel like doing something about it), besides I won't lie to you guys: I am planning to redo my own version of Siege from scratch eventually, from zero, as the way I see it Siege like many mods suffer from the "hammered code syndrome", which basically means, it was build for "now" and not for the "future" (I cannot blame anyone for this, I did my stuff that way as well in the past), and therefore it's not flexible for changes, removals or addons in a simple way, and so it has to be fully rebuilt to "prevent" many problems instead of being "fixed" (there's a difference).

Also, by remaking it, I don't mean the code only and so you can guess how the rest would turn out, I can't help it: I would change the "graphicz" (well, containers would still be boxes, but boosters or protectors would have a total different look, since as a new player I don't know what the hell those are until someone says to me).

Since I would make it all differently (but retaining the core gameplay and buildings balance and all of course), I prefer Wildcard to finish up a kickass version instead and solve many issues the current one has, as he keeps the old visuals as they are, but better.
The thing is, he has to release it asap, as I don't want to see the server getting slowly degraded over things like this.

|uK|DeathHunter
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
this has nothing to do with the map or map making there for unrelated to this section of the fourms.