PDA

View Full Version : KING OF THE RING - January 15th, 2012. @ 3pm EST (FFA zp.ig.DM)

PACO
01-07-2012, 03:14 PM
http://globalunreal.com/kingofthering/KINGOFTHERING.png

What is the: KING OF THE RING?
A free-for-all DeathMatch with several brackets, heats of 10 and a chance to claim UT superiority over your competition. Each map will be zp.ig.DM with 20 minutes and no frag limit. This tournament will start and finish on the 15th.

When is the: KING OF THE RING?
Sunday, January 15th @ 3pm EST. The final time and maplist will be official one week before the tournament commences, however the time will remain the same as long as we can fill the necessary slots.

What are the minimum number of signups needed for this tournament?
40. If there are less, the tournament will be cancelled and a new tournament will be organized for a later date. Additional heats/rounds can be added depending on interest however the first 40 signups are guaranteed a spot in the tournament. Signup 41 will have priority placement if one of the first 40 decide not to show, etc.

What is the: KING OF THE RING?
Players will initially be split up into heats of 10. For each round, the tournament will see a total of 10 players eliminated.
60 players (60-50-40-30-20-10-1) = 6 rounds, 21 maps total.
50 players (50-40-30-20-10-1) = 5 rounds, 15 maps total.
40 players (40-30-20-10-1) = 4 rounds, 11 maps total.

Ideally, I'd like to see 50 signups, 60 might be too much to manage for a one day tournament however it is still a possibility.

Hypothetically, what will the tournament look like with 50 signups?
5 heats of 10, top 8 in each heat are guaranteed to move onto the next round.
4 heats of 10, top 7 in each heat are guaranteed to move onto the next round with 2 wildcards*.
3 heats of 10, top 6 in each heat are guaranteed to move onto the next round with 2 wildcards*.
2 heats of 10, top 5 in each heat are guaranteed to move onto the next round.
1 heat of 10, a champion will be crowned.

*A wildcard player will be the highest frags outside of the top guaranteed slots.

What will the maplist be?
You decide. When you signup for the tournament, you can either vote for a new map pack or a classic map pack. The new map pack will be a surprise concocted by me and n0b whereas a classic map pack will have maps like Deck, Tempest, Phobos etc.

What if I signup but can no longer attend the tournament?
Let an admin know or post in this thread in advance or you will be withheld from signing up for the next tournament.

How will you deal with aliasing?
Players who alias and players who allow people to alias as them will receive a two week ban from #iPug and be withheld from the next two tournaments.

Will demos be required?
Yes.

How much time should I set aside for this tournament?
If you plan on winning, I'm hoping for the tournament not to exceed 4hrs. We have plenty of servers and should be able to run several if not all of the heats at the same time.

How can I join?
Post in this thread. The earlier the post, the higher you are on the list and you can guarantee a slot in this tournament.

Questions?
Post them here or pm me on IRC.

Signups:

PACO
csnafk
insanity
kyaxiz
Sponge
Rum
pawpur
kud
holdup
Shotman
Veritas
R1cKJam3s
Sakura
Omeganova|^
crunk
blackout\\
HuMPtY
Bryan
torch
faithless
FALLACY
detox
BiGbOsS
Szamchu
InfamousRaider
Carras
Kappa|^
FreAK
Dem`
Joschde
Ingela
Imperious
toymac
Larmor
Ayande
rootsoft
Bear
Jerry's_Sweater
CrashedMC
n0b
sas*VeC
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----

** The heats will be randomized. These numbers will be used to keep track of signups.

*** To join, post in this thread: http://globalunreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=48

If you have any questions, post them or hit me up on irc.utchat.com #iPug.

Happy fragging.

|uK|Grimreaper
01-07-2012, 06:49 PM
the pic reminds me of the movie real steel lol

|uK|Tomahawk
01-08-2012, 12:33 PM
hmmm FFA dm Insta? sounds good sign me up !

JR_ALI
01-09-2012, 07:18 AM
allright am in

PACO
01-10-2012, 12:52 AM
*** To join, post in this thread: http://globalunreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=48

Easier to keep track of who has priority in the event that slightly more than 50 or 60 people show up.

Cheers.