SiegeUltimateRC11RET and SiegeUltmateRC11PUG [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : SiegeUltimateRC11RET and SiegeUltmateRC11PUG

SilverWing
02-23-2012, 07:02 PM
kk so tell me the bug and issues on the siege version on the public version and also bug and issues in the pug version

Also would it be better with limits on super protecter on the public server to reduce lag like 7-10 super protector per team ( i perfer 7)

Public version Fixes
- Inukes in wall (Done)
- Kick the player after removing someones container (Done)
- Supplier ammo increase
- RC Fix (Done)
- Reduce Nuke Siren Area

Pug version Fixes
- Reduce Nuke Siren Area
- No supplier ammo increase

SAM
02-23-2012, 07:16 PM
PUG version fix should be in a seperate thread. Stop making it a huge spam fest.

How many containers and then kick did you set? Make it a global announce as opposed to normal chatbox announce, as it is easy to miss.

Disagree with you about the super pros, larger maps require more coverage, as such you should not limit.

Also, RC11RET? Retards??

SilverWing
02-23-2012, 07:32 PM
PUG version fix should be in a seperate thread. Stop making it a huge spam fest.

How many containers and then kick did you set? Make it a global announce as opposed to normal chatbox announce, as it is easy to miss.

Disagree with you about the super pros, larger maps require more coverage, as such you should not limit.

Also, RC11RET? Retards??

can i get comments from people who play siege?
and relax its not going to be called RET its going to be RC11B

SAM
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Just because I don't play siege, actively. Does not mean to say I have no clue as to reccommendations or what would be good and what not so. ;)

SilverWing
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Sam if ur still on get on xfire and set the server for me

|uK|kenneth
02-23-2012, 09:21 PM
rc11 with the new stuff in it?:D

ChanClan
02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
The Supplier, Super SUpplier and SuperHealthPod need the radius for serving the players expanded... so we don't have to BUNCH up so close...

ChanClan
02-23-2012, 10:38 PM
¿

A^3
02-24-2012, 01:17 AM
I think Ive mentioned this before. What about making the supplier accessible to all like the super supplier. That would prevent people standing in the supplier or being boosted out. It would make for an even start at the beginning of the game.

SilverWing
02-24-2012, 01:48 AM
I think Ive mentioned this before. What about making the supplier accessible to all like the super supplier. That would prevent people standing in the supplier or being boosted out. It would make for an even start at the beginning of the game.

i could do that for public and not for pugs

SAM
02-24-2012, 02:07 AM
No do not do that you will mess up the fun and hard work at the beginning and there'd be no progression into the game or need to build SS

audiosonic
02-24-2012, 08:27 AM
-Did you/ are you gonna fix the rocket cannons for public version as well?

-Make the public version so that the core doesn't give out so many points (the RU it gives is fine, it gives 3x the RU you get from hitting another building), so that the Auto teambalancer (Abot jeje) would actually work.

-Super protectors I'm not sure about that even though you don't need more than 5, what do you do with people that build them at wrong spots, will you make them removable (create more controversy) etc.

-Supplier to supply more than 1 person, maybe make it for 2-3 person max if that's possible. It would balance teams out if I could get a weapon without enforcing everybody out of my way. Not that much of a problem when teams are balanced though.

Since it's a RET version the platform bug, the speed in poison guardian bug and jump boots bug should still be in tact.

|uK|kenneth
02-24-2012, 09:01 AM
make the mini shield removable as well people make it on wrong spots (=big leech)

terminator
02-24-2012, 10:02 AM
I would leave suppliers the way they works now. Maybe just points u get for the hitting core should be a bit lower(though not the RU u get from it)

If possible, restore ALL RU for removing a wrong built fortification (perhaps in first 10 seconds after it has been built , since then people would abuse it for removing damaged fortifications and restoring complete RU)

SilverWing
02-24-2012, 12:04 PM
-Did you/ are you gonna fix the rocket cannons for public version as well?

-Make the public version so that the core doesn't give out so many points (the RU it gives is fine, it gives 3x the RU you get from hitting another building), so that the Auto teambalancer (Abot jeje) would actually work.

-Super protectors I'm not sure about that even though you don't need more than 5, what do you do with people that build them at wrong spots, will you make them removable (create more controversy) etc.

-Supplier to supply more than 1 person, maybe make it for 2-3 person max if that's possible. It would balance teams out if I could get a weapon without enforcing everybody out of my way. Not that much of a problem when teams are balanced though.

Since it's a RET version the platform bug, the speed in poison guardian bug and jump boots bug should still be in tact.

-RC fix is done

- the core is like that to promote more attacks on the core and not the supplier

- yeah i know u dont need more then 5 super protector but i think 7 is enough ... but i might just go over all the maps and c howmany super protector r need for each map.

- i think that a good idea making the supplier give ut to 2 people at once... or what i was think was to increase the speed it gives out by a lil

-what bugs? i know the platform bug and even wildcard doesnt know how to get around it.

SAM
02-24-2012, 12:53 PM
SW don't noob it up by giving several players. Speed up a little is fine.

The core not giving out so much points is actually a good idea. A huge part of calculating player strength is linked with score/final score of the player.

Leave super protectors the way they are. Noobs will always build them in random useless spots. Just because you are pro and know where they should go doesn't mean everyone else will. And chances are someone on the team will disagree or feel there is a better spot to place it.

audiosonic
02-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I don't like the idea of 2 people per supplier either but it would somehow balance things, however speeding up the supplies would also has this effect.

Plus if you nuke sup now you get nothing anyways so you'll find out yourself. You can keep the RU you get off the core, just not the points you get for hitting it.

SilverWing
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM

The core not giving out so much points is actually a good idea. A huge part of calculating player strength is linked with score/final score of the player.

Leave super protectors the way they are. Noobs will always build them in random useless spots. Just because you are pro and know where they should go doesn't mean everyone else will. And chances are someone on the team will disagree or feel there is a better spot to place it.

relax child... its just an idea... let everyone talk about it... its not set on paper to do it...
and SAM STFU u dont play and im not going to take anything u say seriously

SAM
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
And I'll not take your recompile seriously? Active or not, don't forget who made this place what it is. Certainly wasn't you.

SilverWing
02-24-2012, 03:29 PM
And I'll not take your recompile seriously? Active or not, don't forget who made this place what it is. Certainly wasn't you.

certainly wasn't u.

SilverWing
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
GOT THE MOTHER FUCKEN KICK CODE TO WORK!!!!!!!

ChanClan
02-24-2012, 04:57 PM

That would not make the opening round ... so much FUN. Those that pool thier resources and upgrade the proper build first (the supplier) shall prevail. The opening slaughter rounds are my favorite parts. Set's the TONE for the match. and get's lot's of blood on the walls too...

say, why doesn't the blood stay on the walls anymore.

ChanClan
02-24-2012, 05:10 PM

ouch, referee says... below the belt , but asked for it... Talking is Talking ... let's all just talk and NOT tell people to STFU.

SAM
02-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Exactly, SW's getting shirty. Looks like he finally grew some balls.

ChanClan
02-24-2012, 05:16 PM

I hvae to agree with $carface... a big Part of the game is the learning curve. We can't infringe on people right to chose SO MUCH, then it's not a game... might as well put a sign on the wall [ PUT SUPER PRO HERE -:>] and it loses is "game" format.

Perhaps leaving the supplier at the same speed, but allowing more teammates in it would work. but the RADIUS that it SERVE's must be increased... IT's too easy to throw 2 or 3 rockets into the suplier and get a multi kill. Spread em out ... not so easy. or make the rockets bounce off the supplier.

ChanClan
02-24-2012, 05:25 PM
http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/951-Five-ways-to-improve-this-dumb-server

|uK|Rays
02-24-2012, 06:00 PM
I like that idea reducing the points you get for hitting the core for public, i get its promoting offense when you get all those points, but when attacking the sup doesnt give you any points or ru (unless you catch people in it with a 6 pack lol) then that's kind of sending the same message anyway.

theres always some problem with the team balance apparently, so if core damage and frags were somewhat even in the stats that might help for pub games.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
02-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Public version Fixes
how many conts we can remove? several times we need remove very conts cause some newbie player make leech

- Supplier giving out to 2 people?

3?

- Protector Limit?

Only if the players can remove the protectors, if the limit is 7 protectors, and in the base has already this count, when we make a tele will be impossible defend it using protectors, so the solution is remove 1 from the base

- Reduce Nuke Siren Area?

good ask, i think not

Merciless
02-25-2012, 03:58 AM
U could also make it so that the sup gives an amount of ammo instanly to 1 person at a time, that way u wont have to wait and fight over the sup.

Moskva
02-25-2012, 12:26 PM
If you make super protectors removable, here we go again with the removing apes

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
02-25-2012, 03:50 PM
I think is good too 1)change the system mine cost, 1- 3 mine alive in the map per PLAYER = 125 RU
4- 6 mine alive in the map per PLAYER = 250 RU
7- 9 mine alive in the map per PLAYER = 375 RU
10-11 mine alive in the map per PLAYER = 500 RU

2)Reduces SUper Container resistance? it's almost indestructible, the one way for kill a SC is using teleporters, change de resistance from 7000 to 5000? (71,42% of current resistance)

SilverWing
02-25-2012, 04:00 PM
AdRiaN;23834']Public version Fixes
how many conts we can remove? several times we need remove very conts cause some newbie player make leech

- Supplier giving out to 2 people?

3?

- Protector Limit?

Only if the players can remove the protectors, if the limit is 7 protectors, and in the base has already this count, when we make a tele will be impossible defend it using protectors, so the solution is remove 1 from the base

- Reduce Nuke Siren Area?

good ask, i think not

- it set to if u remove 3-4 containers u will be kicked

- for the supplier i might make it give ammo a lil faster

- if we were to limit the protector we will have to make it removable... Like SC FF AND PG

- we can take a vote if the area should be reduced

ChanClan
02-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Maybe we could create a whole new forum section for voting... since there are LOTS of ideas? OR we could leave it up to your final say... I like both ideas, but ultimately, the latter hold true. (your final say)

terminator
02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
I'd just leave the suppliers! They are meant to be that way :)) No matter how much i hate sup campers

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
oh so now were taking singular credit for "what this place is"

throwing money at things doesnt solve the problems.

ChanClan
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
I'd just leave the suppliers! They are meant to be that way :)) No matter how much i hate sup campers

I disagree. The radius of service for the supplier's and Super Health Pod both need to be increased...

ChanClan
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
oh so now were taking singular credit for "what this place is"

throwing money at things doesnt solve the problems.

? could you elaborate? I'm confused as to what post this is in reference too..

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Perhaps limit the amount of protectors per player, rather than per team.
And also -ru for spamming the sup.

|uK|Grimreaper
02-26-2012, 05:15 AM
If possible, restore ALL RU for removing a wrong built fortification (perhaps in first 10 seconds after it has been built , since then people would abuse it for removing damaged fortifications and restoring complete RU)

this is actually a good idea.. cause of the lag (emp) while you want to build something you always skip the thing you want to build but then you want to remove it and you lose ru in that progress so yes.. removing within an amount of seconds giving full ru back is a good idea!

A^3
02-28-2012, 03:54 AM
No need for all these topics. The only thing needed to be changed on the server is the team balancer, RU for removing your accidental builds and the supplier able to give 2 or 3 players ammo. No need to give ammo quicker either.

Had another suggestion. I hate when someone can just telefrag our Super container in the public server.

Feralidragon
02-28-2012, 05:37 AM
I hate when someone can just telefrag our Super container in the public server.
This. Telefragging buildings is only possible because they are actually "pawns", however the whole concept of "telefragging buildings" is ridiculous imho and should be one of the things fixed.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
this is actually a good idea.. cause of the lag (emp) while you want to build something you always skip the thing you want to build but then you want to remove it and you lose ru in that progress so yes.. removing within an amount of seconds giving full ru back is a good idea!

your pc is shit stop talking already.

to talk about A^3's problem of telefragging super conts i agree but it is only gay when that super container is VISIBLE AND NOT BUILT INTO THE FLOOR. personally i dont see why a super cont should be allowed to be built into a floor when its a damn SUPER container the whole concept of it was to be much more stronger than a normal container and heal things on a bigger radius which it does, but once you build that into the floor and its not visible to anyone but the builder is when that super container becomes INVINCIBLE and the only way to kill it is telefragging it so basically its a catch 22 for faggots telefragging it and faggots building it in the floor. simple fix? do what feral said and take away the super conts being able to be built in the floor

|uK|Rays
02-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree, keeping the sconts from going underground would be a nice change.

SilverWing
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM
the only reason its like that is the scont can block off the doors in blackriver, civilwar, clarion, and etc

what i can do is make the container smaller and remove the code that makes it go threw the floor

ChanClan
02-28-2012, 06:04 PM
GOT THE MOTHER FUCKEN KICK CODE TO WORK!!!!!!!

MOTHERFUCKING RIGHT ON !!! now, what about ... just kidding...

:)

SilverWing
02-28-2012, 08:46 PM
KK so i updated my first post from the polls and comments

Public Version:
I will be increasing ammo speed of the supplier and also reduce the area of the nuke siren

Pug Version:
I will on reduce the nuke siren and not increase the ammo speed of the supplier

Why? Because we arnt noobs that boost people out the supplier and wait for 50 ammo. Unless u r .. ill put the increase.

ChanClan
02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
KK so i updated my first post from the polls and comments

Public Version:
I will be increasing ammo speed of the supplier and also reduce the area of the nuke siren

Pug Version:
I will on reduce the nuke siren and not increase the ammo speed of the supplier

Why? Because we arnt noobs that boost people out the supplier and wait for 50 ammo. Unless u r .. ill put the increase.

That sounds wonderfull... you too are Greatly UNDER Apreciated.

|uK|Grimreaper
02-28-2012, 11:16 PM
stfu a3 you can stop that shit if your build your base good enough

A^3
02-29-2012, 01:06 AM
stfu Grim. I'm forced to build up the base when I have a teammate like you who only builds nukes instead of base construction.

|uK|Grimreaper
02-29-2012, 01:42 AM
lol i always build up the base wtf

A^3
02-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Obvious lie is obvious grim.

terminator
02-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Fix the bug of building SC underground! +1 :))
I'd still leave telefragging sc though and allow it for pugs :D

audiosonic
02-29-2012, 02:01 PM
No invisible shit and no telefragging =>

TDNConvict
02-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I agree with most of the changes - especially making it so super containers can't be glitched and that you shouldn't be able to telefrag them... I also like reducing the range of the nuke siren to that of like a level 4 or 3

speeding up regular supplier will help.. its really not that hard to just boost the noobs that sit in it out tho...

Also I don't see how limiting the points you get from hitting the core is going to change anything or do any good.. its hardest to hit the core so why wouldn't you get the most points and ru for that? if you change it people that nuke the buildings in mid like u2 chile are going to be topping the server lol

Moskva
02-29-2012, 09:49 PM
YO YO YO DONT MESS WITH U2 OK?

SilverWing
03-03-2012, 12:21 PM
EVERYTHING IS DONE AND READY TO BE UPLOADED TO THE SERVER NUKE SIREN AND SUPPLIER AMMO NEED TO BE BETA TESTED!

terminator
03-04-2012, 08:10 AM
Also fix the efficiency prob .
Last time we played everyone had 100% eff :cool: everyone kills but no one dies

|uK|Grimreaper
03-05-2012, 04:28 AM
fuick u a3