Reduce the Area of the Nuke Siren [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Reduce the Area of the Nuke Siren

SilverWing
02-26-2012, 07:57 PM
What you guys think? Nuke Siren is so OP and for some reason i dont remember how people took nukes down without it... LOL

terminator
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
reduce imo or remove :P

ChanClan
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Indeed... seem's like it's useless to upgrade the nuke sire. Works with only 1 upgrade... change the radious of each upgraded level..

Moskva
02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
You said in the beginning you would like to make siege like it was before which was "harder". IMO isn't harder, is just different, and if in this version you limit the sp's and reduce nuke siren area, whats the point of defending.

|uK|Rays
02-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Remove or reduce, do not leave as is.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Reduce, maybe make it cost alot more aswell.

SilverWing
02-27-2012, 12:19 AM
You said in the beginning you would like to make siege like it was before which was "harder". IMO isn't harder, is just different, and if in this version you limit the sp's and reduce nuke siren area, whats the point of defending.

if u want hard version of siege .. ill show u hard ill make version with stuff that would make the game hard and people will cry.

Moskva
02-27-2012, 12:27 AM
That's not the point.
For example there was no nuke siren before ye?
But at the same time mines were unlimited and core didn't give that much RU, so people nuked the supplier as a not that bad option.
As I said, it's different

SilverWing
02-27-2012, 01:13 AM
idk if ur think as if the nuke siren is going to be a motion alarm or something

how i wanna c nuke siren work is as if it was bathrooms and u wouldnt know until they get to the middle of the map... and i dont think its that hard to set up to defend the core by the time they get to the core...

and i dont think this work against defense but rather help them in telling them someone is coming incase of waiting 3 mins for someone to come... it pretty much comes down to reaction.

Moskva
02-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Yeah that shows if a defense is ready and also the offense to call it out.
But the only thing I think about is, in a map like the big CivilWar, where everyone nukes with jetpack after using the super booster, would be kind of late to call it out because the nuke siren as it is now it starts working when the enemy is already in mid and with high momentum

EDIT: CIVILWAR SUX!

|uK|chiseller
02-27-2012, 02:46 AM
4000 or remove it

HIGH+CAMILO
02-27-2012, 07:20 AM
how i wanna c nuke siren work is as if it was bathrooms and u wouldnt know until they get to the middle of the map...

If i´m nuking with trans, in 5 seconds the core is gone!! there is no time to make a single mine or to leave door and get to the core...

Feralidragon
02-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Let it be.

I played hundreds of matches, and the nuke siren actually makes players wake up and try to avoid it, yet 70% of the times the player succeeds nuking the enemy base or even the core anyway.

The nuke is something powerful and relatively easy to build, so there should be countermeasures, and the siren is a perfect one, it makes you to pay more attention in how you are going to attack with your nuke, otherwise the whole game ends up being a complete nuke spam after 30min of gameplay or less.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
02-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Look this

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/highadrian/SirenBath.jpg

It's the area of nuke siren 5.0 in Bathrooms Fixed, for who has notion of size in UED the siren works that way:

SirenRange = 2048*(1+Grade);
TurnOffRange = SirenRange + 1024;

So:

Nuke Siren 0.0 collision radius is 2048
Nuke Siren 1.0 collision radius is 3072
Nuke Siren 2.0 collision radius is 4096
Nuke Siren 3.0 collision radius is 5120
Nuke Siren 4.0 collision radius is 6144
Nuke Siren 5.0 collision radius is 7168

The area siren is good for me, but you can increase the value for up that :D

audiosonic
02-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Nuke siren in enemy base, QQ

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
reduce it to the radius of a level 3 siren its stupid to have the siren go off when the enemy is in their own base and hasnt even made his way to yours or even thought about how hes going to attack your base. this would stop idiots sitting in base at the first sight of the siren going off and sitting their for 5 minutes which in turn is defined as camping because that person will without a doubt shoot any enemy player coming in that doesnt actually hold the nuke.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
it takes more skill to stop a team from nuking then being spoon fed and being told when someone is nuking, ask soldado, osyris, or anyone else whos suffered the most when they were trying to nuke in siegexxl and they will tell you the old siege is WAY better because it works both ways, enemy wont know your nuking for sure, and you have to keep track of whos built what nukes and a lot of other factors which come into it

terminator
02-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Signed on what blaze said.
Either remove or reduce as much as possible.