PDA

View Full Version : COMMENTS ON NEW SIEGE

|uK|Shiva
03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Please drop your comments on the new version of siege here.
What you like and dont like.
Please be gentle as SW is emo.

|uK|Sponge
03-04-2012, 06:06 PM
This "NEW" siege is BAD.

the screen is always full of msgs that never go away.
Its way more laggy than the previous siege.

I don't like it

|uK|kenneth
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
i dont feel lag...

SAM
03-04-2012, 06:15 PM
SW

The biggest improvement you can make to siege is this:

Take out the HD gfx that UT can't disaply that Koala put in. Replace them with lower res and you will see no difference.

SilverWing
03-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Anyone else feeling lag?

Moskva
03-04-2012, 06:34 PM
well when the server moved I had 15 more ping than what I had, now its +50 than my original ping

SAM
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
We will probably move location soon. We were relocated to NY from VA.

SilverWing
03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
This "NEW" siege is BAD.

the screen is always full of msgs that never go away.
Its way more laggy than the previous siege.

I don't like it

Fixed the chat box... it now goes away

SilverWing
03-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I NEED FEED BACK ON SUP and NSIREN

|uK|Grimreaper
03-05-2012, 04:17 AM
i think the nukesiren is fckedup i was playing simplex and it showed nuker inc but after 1 sec the nuker came and nuked

Feralidragon
03-05-2012, 07:09 AM
@$carface (and others): Let me be very clear in something:
The problem isn't and never were the used textures. The textures are what, 512x512, 256x256? That's nothing and that doesn't influence a single thing besides on fog and lighting.
You guys have maps with more textures and with higher resolution and they don't affect gameplay, and a mesh texture is no different from a bsp texture.

The only problem is that the new siege versions have more and more new buildings, which are built close to each others, and since every single one of them is translucent (and since the very first version of siege another thing didn't change: the fact that each building has 2 or 3 of these meshes in the exact same place just rotating at different speeds and with different orientations, more rendering slowdown), that's where *some* of the "visual" lag may be coming from.
Plus, in maps like Bathrooms, you can see lots and lots of buildings at the same time and there's a huge ass mirror rendering the whole thing TWICE (2x overhead), together with players shooting loads of projectiles, and having tons of effects in view due to some spam.
If they were masked or opaque (and had some LOD applied), you wouldn't have that much of a problem.

Translucent faces/polys slows down the rendering, because the process itself is slow and like the 99% of the features for UT, they are processed in the CPU instead of the GPU (so it doesn't matter if you have a better or worse GCard unless you use S3TC high-res textures, which is not the case here since S3TC is not even used in meshes afaik).
Also, each time someone EMPs or flames the buildings, more effects are spawned, however the problem is that at least in the case of the flames they have dynamic light on in a great radius (hence the redish walls around in each glame), and dynamic light is another thing the engine takes a looong time to render.

So, bottom line, buildings like: containers, protectors, boosters, nukes, etc shouldn't be translucent, they should be either opaque or have their LOD settings adjusted in each client depending on framerate.
Only buildings like: forcefields, suppliers, teles, and a few others should remain translucent, since you need to pass and see through them, but even so they should have their LOD settings applied per client depending on framerate.
Dynamic light from some effects should turn off once the framerate drops on the client.

Also, the siege server crashes sometimes (and no, this has nothing to do with the client, this is server related only), and it always seems to be some kind of extreme bandwidth overflow (idk the actual reason since no one ever told me, just assuming).
I have looked at Koala's coding a long time ago when PMed me with some doubts when he developed the last versions, and I alerted him in a few things relative bandwidth and replication when he was trying to implement some stuff. He told me he was going to try anyway, and the result was a laggier game and some of his features were removed later, which greatly improved the online play once again.

Plus, given his deceptive last story (know to all), I don't know if he implemented some stuff there to give him some sort of advantage in-game (since he did so with many of his maps as well), and which could affect performance as well.

So, although I didn't check the rest of the code, I believe this whole "siege ultimate" was made with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever on replication (and I don't blame anyone for that, replication is a complex subject afterall), and they were simply done with "brute force" until they just "worked" online, independently on the performance, and therefore I think there are many things there that are being "over-replicated" without any need, thus overflowing the server with processing and the bandwidth with data each tick (perhaps around 30 to 60 times a second in some actors, I don't know the server settings).

Plus, all the buildings in siege are "pawns", and a pawn has a special kind of replication in UT and an totally unnecessary shitload of data do replicate (look at MH servers for instance, the monsters are pawns, and the buildings in siege come from the same kind of class), and in each spawn they go to the "pawn list", a list that should only be used for players and true pawns in-game, not buildings, so another flaw might be the very concept behind it and which needs to be changed.

The only viable solution to fix and improve this gametype is the total remake of it and a total new architecture thinking in all of these issues, but maintaining "somewhat" the original gameplay. As it is now it's not either scalable, fixable and will just work "well enough" for the times to come, and it will just become worse and worse.

|uK|Cube
03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
told you my textures werent causing lagg

|uK|Shiva
03-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Ferali.. thank you for the excellent explanation...

would someone like to take up this work? Help SW out instead of just sit here and bitch about it?? (spongo?).

We are trying to make this thing work better. Make public games more fun, challenging and something that requires skill.

Grim was the NS upgraded to 5? It sounds like the NS was lvl0.

Anyways.. I hope someone read through ferali's post and can help us with that... unless ferali you want to help us yourself... or WC is reading this secretly without commenting you old bastard... POST!.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
ferali if possible would be an incredible asset, i have watched him go from novice coder to super elite coder in less than a year and his work in UT to date is unchallenged as far as mods go.

the only thing i found that i didnt like was the scoreboard and the additional text on screen for each build and upgrade amount, blocks more of the screen, i dont like the scoreboard because it looks very squashed together and small.

i dont get any lag either but then i have a high end pc.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
03-05-2012, 02:46 PM
No, today was one of the few days that i dont feel terrible lag then fuck my mouse
i like the new verison, sup is now, Rocket cannon value is just, but there are very thinks for improve yet

Feralidragon
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
@|uK|Shiva: I won't lie to you, I have "some things" planned (like the actual remake from scratch of the whole thing with a new architecture).

However, everything is still on my head only, and I intend redo all the visuals as well (each building with a new model, the constructor as well with a new model with visuals close to what you can see in my current WIP mod, etc, but everything optimized so you can be able to see many at once), and therefore I believe many may not like it because they are so used to the "old" and can't bare something "new" (although I am a regular siege player myself at uK and I know what works and what doesn't gameplay and visual-wise like most players around).
And I have my current mod to finish first (within one month or two).

Plus, with a new version, some new concepts, new buildings (perhaps some controllable stuff, or stuff like airstrikes instead of just nuke, nuke, neutron, nuke...), etc (which can all be added/removed by the admin later).

So, in resume, don't wait for me, it's indeed better for someone to step up first or have WC releasing a new version and keep with it (which would be the ideal).

Moskva
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Ehmm... well the nuke siren is indeed bad because we were playing BlackRiver (original one), and I made a nuke siren and upgraded it to level 5.
A minute later I upgraded it I noticed that M1K3 was nuking, because I was outside waiting and he had boots, but the nuke siren started working when M1K3 was already in the entrance (the wall) and it was too late for everyone

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Fixed the chat box... it now goes away

unless a new version of siege with the fix was uploaded and put on the server its still fucked up so no its not fixed it sucks ass to put it bluntly

personally we should fuck ultimate off the server and run xtremeliterc2 because its built way better and just wait for wildcard or feral/XxX to make their own siege versions. sw i know your limited to time/knowledge of coding so dont cry after seeing this post <3

SilverWing
03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
unless a new version of siege with the fix was uploaded and put on the server its still fucked up so no its not fixed it sucks ass to put it bluntly

personally we should fuck ultimate off the server and run xtremeliterc2 because its built way better and just wait for wildcard or feral/XxX to make their own siege versions. sw i know your limited to time/knowledge of coding so dont cry after seeing this post <3

the version didnt get updated... im waiting for feedback on sup and nsiren and ill release the new version

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-05-2012, 05:06 PM
k

|uK|Grimreaper
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
nah it was lvl5

CadaverJuice
03-06-2012, 02:16 PM
New Simplex map, downloaded ok, but when DL Flukepack (whatever the hell that is) UT crashes everytime.

Keith
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Not anymore

SAM
03-06-2012, 03:30 PM
As Keith said I fixed it within 5 minutes?

mostro
03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
tried this new version yesterday on mcshwartzly (too many letters... hahaha)

loved it, didn't feel any lag or whatsoever, great idea the percentages indicator.

hate the plattform i think is useless

great work guys, thanks for keeping this mod alive!!!

|uK|Rays
03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I think the changes to pub are going good, actually has got me playing a little more. No building in the walls or telefragging is the biggest plus, can't say I feel a huge difference with the sup, and the nuke siren is better now too!

Elf
03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
@|uK|Shiva: I won't lie to you, I have "some things" planned (like the actual remake from scratch of the whole thing with a new architecture).

However, everything is still on my head only, and I intend redo all the visuals as well (each building with a new model, the constructor as well with a new model with visuals close to what you can see in my current WIP mod, etc, but everything optimized so you can be able to see many at once), and therefore I believe many may not like it because they are so used to the "old" and can't bare something "new" (although I am a regular siege player myself at uK and I know what works and what doesn't gameplay and visual-wise like most players around).
And I have my current mod to finish first (within one month or two).

Plus, with a new version, some new concepts, new buildings (perhaps some controllable stuff, or stuff like airstrikes instead of just nuke, nuke, neutron, nuke...), etc (which can all be added/removed by the admin later).

So, in resume, don't wait for me, it's indeed better for someone to step up first or have WC releasing a new version and keep with it (which would be the ideal).

I'm pretty sure you will do very good. All the developments that i've played of yours were pretty stable and pretty cool.
I'm still testing my self in the server to see how smooth it is, i can't tell the difference yet. It wasn't letting me repair from long distance, it would lag then let me do it.

ChanClan
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Anyone else feeling lag?

are you kidding. I have lag at the same spot's on all the maps... mostly when leaving a zone or entering a zone. VERY annoying... it's probably my old PC causing it, or the HD graphics that require so much CPU.. someday i'll get my old computer back my the ex-wife. But until then, maybe look into what $carface said.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/1763-COMMENTS-ON-NEW-SIEGE?p=24293&viewfull=1#post24293

Elf
03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I actually was playing and I did feel some lag.

SilverWing
03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I think the changes to pub are going good, actually has got me playing a little more. No building in the walls or telefragging is the biggest plus, can't say I feel a huge difference with the sup, and the nuke siren is better now too!

what u talking about... u still telefrag and build shit in the wall

Moskva
03-07-2012, 12:20 AM
watch out SW...
the thricky_leprechaunt always gets the LAST CARD

|uK|Rays
03-07-2012, 07:18 AM
was that change only for pugs? get rid of that in pub too then. Always last card.

nOs*Wildcard
03-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Ferali.. thank you for the excellent explanation...

would someone like to take up this work? Help SW out instead of just sit here and bitch about it?? (spongo?).

We are trying to make this thing work better. Make public games more fun, challenging and something that requires skill.

Grim was the NS upgraded to 5? It sounds like the NS was lvl0.

Anyways.. I hope someone read through ferali's post and can help us with that... unless ferali you want to help us yourself... or WC is reading this secretly without commenting you old bastard... POST!.

Heh heh, you got me! I got my hands deep in SiegeXtreme. The constructor is being reinvented and is customizeable and can do ANYTHING you can do in a console you can create your own catagories put buildings and functions in them and even create subcatagories and have more stuff in there! constructor functions like upgrade repiar and remove corespond to console commands now so the possibility of customizeing the constructor creating your own function which actually are any console command. You guy's have no idea just how much this little tool in siege has changed. And to the future developers of siege that pass me the days of hardcoding buildings and catagories in the constructor is over. :) Every player can have there own constructor anyway they wish in any order.

http://gauntletwarriors.com/Images/ConstructorDiagram.png

This diagram is not a model for how SiegeXtreme;s constructor is going to be but more of a sketch to help me visualize what I'm going for.

A Peek of how it's organized in the constructor.ini on the server and client

Element[0]=(Name="Upgrade",Type=TYPE_Function,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="ConstructorFunction
0")

Element[1]=(Name="Repair",Type=TYPE_Function,Parent="",ORDER=1,building=None,Command="ConstructorFunction
1")

Element[2]=(Name="Remove",Type=TYPE_Function,Parent="",ORDER=2,building=None,Command="ConstructorFunction
2")

Element[3]=(Name="Fortification",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="",ORDER=3,building=None,Command="")

Element[4]=(Name="Storage",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="Fortification",ORDER=3,building=None,Command="")

Element[5]=(Name="Container",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Storage",ORDER=3,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgContainer',Command="")

Element[6]=(Name="Container
X",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Storage",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgContainerX',Command="")

Element[7]=(Name="Super
Container",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Storage",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sxSuperContainer',Command="")

Element[8]=(Name="Defense",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="Fortification",ORDER=1,building=None,Command="")

Element[9]=(Name="Protector",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Defense",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgProtector',Command="")

Element[10]=(Name="Super
Protector",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Defense",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgSProtector',Command="")

Element[11]=(Name="Poison Guardian",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Defense",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sxPoisonGuardian',Command="")

Element[12]=(Name="Mine",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Defense",ORDER=3,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.Mine',Command="")

Element[13]=(Name="Troll",Type=TYPE_Function,Parent="Defense",ORDER=3,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.Mine',Command="say
Problem?")

Element[14]=(Name="Super
Mine",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Defense",ORDER=4,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.SuperMine',Command="")

Element[15]=(Name="Forcefield",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Defense",ORDER=5,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.WildcardsForceField',Command="")

Element[16]=(Name="Movement",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="Fortification",ORDER=2,building=None,Command="")

Element[17]=(Name="Booster",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Movement",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgBooster',Command="")

Element[18]=(Name="Super
Booster",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Movement",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgSuperBooster',Command="")

Element[19]=(Name="Dash
Pad",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Movement",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sxDashPad',Command="")

Element[20]=(Name="Motion
Alarm",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Fortification",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sxMotionAlarm',Command="")

Element[21]=(Name="Platform",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Fortification",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.WildcardsPlatform',Command="")

Element[22]=(Name="Supplier",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="",ORDER=4,building=None,Command="")

Element[23]=(Name="Supplier",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Supplier",ORDER=4,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgSupplier',Command="")

Element[24]=(Name="Health
Pod",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Supplier",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgHealthPod',Command="")

Element[25]=(Name="Supplier
X",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Supplier",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgSupplierX',Command="")

Element[26]=(Name="Explode
Self",Type=TYPE_Function,Parent="Supplier",ORDER=3,building=None,Command="explode")

Element[27]=(Name="Super
Supplier",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Supplier",ORDER=4,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgSupplierXXL',Command="")

Element[28]=(Name="Super Health
Pod",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Supplier",ORDER=5,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgHealthPodXXL',Command="")

Element[29]=(Name="Items",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="",ORDER=5,building=None,Command="")

Element[30]=(Name="Shield
Belt",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Items",ORDER=5,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemShieldbelt',Command="")

Element[31]=(Name="Jump
Boots",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Items",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemJumpBoots',Command="")

Element[32]=(Name="Invisibility",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Items",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemInvisibility',Command="")

Element[33]=(Name="Warhead",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Items",ORDER=3,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgWarhead',Command="")

Element[34]=(Name="Invinceible
Warhead",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Items",ORDER=4,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgIWarhead',Command="")

Element[35]=(Name="Damage
Amplifier",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Items",ORDER=5,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemDamageAmp',Command="")

Element[36]=(Name="Teleport",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="",ORDER=6,building=None,Command="")

Element[37]=(Name="Teleporter",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Teleport",ORDER=6,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgTeleporter',Command="")

Element[38]=(Name="Tele
Network",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Teleport",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemTeleNetwork',Command="")

Element[39]=(Name="Translocator",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Teleport",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemTranslocator',Command="")

Element[40]=(Name="Homing
Beacon",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Teleport",ORDER=3,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgHomingBeacon',Command="")

Element[41]=(Name="Free
Taco",Type=TYPE_Function,Parent="Teleport",ORDER=4,building=None,Command="fov
9000")

Element[42]=(Name="Explosives",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="",ORDER=6,building=None,Command="")

Element[43]=(Name="Rocket
Cannon",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Explosives",ORDER=6,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgExpRocketCannon',Command="")

Element[44]=(Name="Bio
Bomb",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Explosives",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgExpBioBomb',Command="")

Element[45]=(Name="Mortar
Bomb",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Explosives",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgExpMortarBomb',Command="")

Element[46]=(Name="Suits",Type=TYPE_Catagory,Parent="",ORDER=5,building=None,Command="")

Element[47]=(Name="Jetpack",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Suits",ORDER=5,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemJetpack',Command="")

Element[48]=(Name="Super
Jetpack",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Suits",ORDER=1,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemSuperJetpack',Command="")

Element[49]=(Name="Toxin
Suit",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Suits",ORDER=2,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemToxinSuit',Command="")

Element[50]=(Name="Totaly Awesome Game
Crash",Type=TYPE_Function,Parent="Suits",ORDER=4,building=None,Command="debug
gpf")

Element[51]=(Name="Asbestos
Suit",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Suits",ORDER=5,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemLavaSuit',Command="")

Element[52]=(Name="Scuba
Gear",Type=TYPE_Building,Parent="Suits",ORDER=6,building=Class'SiegeXtreme-3-X8.sgItemScuba',Command="")

Element[53]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[54]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[55]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[56]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[57]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[58]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[59]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[60]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[61]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[62]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[63]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[64]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[65]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[66]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[67]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[68]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[69]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[70]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[71]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[72]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[73]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[74]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[75]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[76]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[77]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[78]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[79]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[80]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[81]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[82]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[83]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[84]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[85]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[86]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[87]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[88]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[89]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[90]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[91]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[92]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[93]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[94]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[95]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[96]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[97]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[98]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[99]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[100]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[101]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[102]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[103]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[104]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[105]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[106]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[107]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[108]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[109]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[110]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[111]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[112]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[113]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[114]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[115]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[116]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[117]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[118]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[119]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[120]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[121]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[122]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[123]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[124]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[125]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[126]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[127]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[128]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[129]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[130]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[131]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[132]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[133]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[134]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[135]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[136]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[137]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[138]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[139]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[140]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[141]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[142]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[143]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[144]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[145]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[146]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[147]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[148]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[149]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[150]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[151]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[152]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[153]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[154]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[155]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[156]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[157]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[158]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[159]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[160]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[161]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[162]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[163]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[164]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[165]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[166]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[167]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[168]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[169]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[170]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[171]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[172]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[173]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[174]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[175]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[176]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[177]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[178]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[179]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[180]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[181]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[182]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[183]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[184]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[185]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[186]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[187]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[188]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[189]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[190]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[191]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[192]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[193]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[194]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[195]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[196]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[197]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[198]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[199]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[200]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[201]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[202]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[203]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[204]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[205]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[206]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[207]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[208]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[209]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[210]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[211]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[212]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[213]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[214]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[215]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[216]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[217]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[218]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[219]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[220]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[221]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[222]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[223]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[224]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[225]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[226]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[227]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[228]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[229]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[230]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[231]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[232]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[233]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[234]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[235]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[236]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[237]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[238]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[239]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[240]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[241]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[242]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[243]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[244]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[245]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[246]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[247]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[248]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[249]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[250]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[251]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[252]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[253]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[254]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Element[255]=(Name="",Type=TYPE_None,Parent="",ORDER=0,building=None,Command="")

Warning! due to the unreasonable large size of this picture it could be
haunting the spam threads soon enough! We just need more spam.. Do it!

audiosonic
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
That image fits nicely into my 90" inch plasma screen

|uK|Shiva
03-07-2012, 12:59 PM
He did warn you about it ....

SAM
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
lol wc why don't you make it smaller jesus!

Keith
03-07-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't have a 5000x resolution screen...

Feralidragon
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Really nice job WildCard :D
That's the way to go.

I was thinking to make something quite similar, but instead of a tree/recursive list, I was thinking in limiting it to just 2 levels of depth (basically the main category/function and then the actual building/item), since from 3 levels and beyond it becomes too complex for an actual player to use easily imho.

Btw, nice easter egg on 13th element there :p

Two things though, relative that "Name" part of your structure:
- Make it a "localized" string please, so your mod has multi-language support;
- Change it to something else, like "BuildingName" or "Designation" or something else. The reason for this is that "Name" is a registered keyword of UScript, and although it may work ok, it isn't a good programming practice and can lead to unexpected results (or give you headaches on debugging).

@Other folks: There you have it people, WildCard is still working in a new version, therefore don't wait on me and use his when he releases it.
However, I am still thinking to build one of mine, but it will be somewhat different and not something to go to the main server or be considered "regular siege", think in my own version most like an "alternative siege" as a version to play some times while you play the "regular" one other times, like if they were totally different gametypes.

SAM
03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't think WC is actively in dev mode though! You both should just work together instead.

mostro
03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
i still think that showing a message if your core is not at 5 is a good idea...

there is another thinking i want to share with this lovely community that i love from the bottom of my heart.

yersterday i guess we where playing one of the vembers map and an asshole who was trying to boost me everytime i was on possition of killing incoming nukes or repairing core made a tele on super sup which was intended to put you directly no the acid down the core... so i don't wknow how many nukes we've lost... i know that one solution is to make another super sup, but it takes precious time even more if the map is at its epic moment.

so, i was thinking if there is a chance that admins could have some superpowers like removing stupid teles or other buildings, this guy was alfs_idontremeberwhatelse and when he had finished his tele he left...

i told many times my team before he did that to kick him but three players did... maybe some more

another super sup is killeable a waste of ru and of time... i've seen this several times

hate to take ss anyway

Scourge
04-24-2012, 04:47 PM
(Like my suggestions? Or think they're totally ape? Quote me and put bad ones in red, good ones in blue, and meh ones in white.)

Radical suggestion: Add a MOVE function to the constructor. Allows players to grab hold of and MOVE certain buildings. There will be a RU cost depending on the time the structure is under grabs, for the distance moved, and the type of building in question.

Larger or more important structures, such as warheads or super boosters, will cost more RU to move and will be moved more slowly. Pickups cannot be used while being moved, or be moved by players other than the one who spawned them.

MOVE will not be available for certain buildings, such as the core, offensive explosives, teleporters, or original suppliers/super suppliers/super health pods.

Potential strategies:
- Relocate defenses to weak areas
- Remove buildings from easily leechable areas without losing their potential benefits or RU
- Set up surprise pre-prepped defenses
- Quickly block areas under heavy attack
- DELICIOUS: Use buildings, such as the minishield, AS PERSONAL SHIELDS. Carry around mines and turn yourself into a suicide bomber. Carry around a health pod and become a hard-to-kill medic. Combine pickups with MOVE to move structures with greater speed or with invisibility (effected only as long as the player moving the building is also invisible; invisible structures may or may not draw fire from super protectors). FLY WITH A SUPER PROTECTOR AND BECOME A FLYING GUN!
- Transport buildings or pickups THROUGH teleporters while under MOVE

Other suggestions for siege:
- Make the only supplier or super supplier that a team has left automatically invincible.
- Give RU back to player that made a building when the building is removed; if the player is not present, give the RU to the remover.
- Make mini shields removable.
- Do not give points for upgrading teleports or other freely upgradeable structures.
- Make warhead upgrades free (since they currently do nothing) or make them increase the speed of warheads once again. Alternatively, increase warhead damage, blast radius, and/or hitpoints based on upgrades and adjust upgrade cost accordingly.
- Make repairing teammates have a much higher rate of fire compared to building or core repairs if possible - encourage "medic" players.
- DISALLOW REMOVAL OF OFFENSIVE EXPLOSIVES ONCE PLANTED. There is huge and surprisingly not often-exploited potential for abuse here.
- When highlighting a friendly nuke siren, motion detector, super protector, or mine with "upgrade", show the potential area of effect to that player only.
- Make damage amplifiers worth the RU.
- Disallow any part of a teleporter from touching the area of effect of a super supplier or super health pod.
- Provide more points for nuke kills, with fewer points for killing pickup nukes and more points for killing fired nukes the closer they were to the core when killed.

SilverWing
04-24-2012, 06:37 PM
the moving the buildings idea is bad... noobs r just going to move all the buildings into the sky or something and do stupid shit... and then people have to waste time and ru to get it back to normal.

- Make the only supplier or super supplier that a team has left automatically invincible.

No because if say the 2nd made supplier was made in a bad spot it will get the protection if the 1st supplier get removed.

- Give RU back to player that made a building when the building is removed; if the player is not present, give the RU to the remover.

It comes to a case if the person who made the building should get the money back if he made a leech or made it in a weird spot. If he does then he might just make it again at the same spot. But then if we dont add it will be like it is now.

- Make mini shields removable.

Is being added.

- Do not give points for upgrading teleports or other freely upgradeable structures.

Dont c a point in this but okay? :S

- Make warhead upgrades free (since they currently do nothing) or make them increase the speed of warheads once again. Alternatively, increase warhead damage, blast radius, and/or hitpoints based on upgrades and adjust upgrade cost accordingly.

Fast nukes r stupid and just make offense easy. ill fix the upgrade problem

- Make repairing teammates have a much higher rate of fire compared to building or core repairs if possible - encourage "medic" players.

I am not changing this because it has been in the game for so long.

- DISALLOW REMOVAL OF OFFENSIVE EXPLOSIVES ONCE PLANTED. There is huge and surprisingly not often-exploited potential for abuse here.

I can add it to the bio,rocket, motar bombs but everything else might need a remove if made wrong.

- When highlighting a friendly nuke siren, motion detector, super protector, or mine with "upgrade", show the potential area of effect to that player only.

i wish i was able to do that but i cant :P

- Make damage amplifiers worth the RU.

We have changed it many times and everyone voted it for 2500

- Disallow any part of a teleporter from touching the area of effect of a super supplier or super health pod.

I can try to do this...

- Provide more points for nuke kills, with fewer points for killing pickup nukes and more points for killing fired nukes the closer they were to the core when killed.

It gives enough RU as it is

P.S

Im not the best programmer but your suggestions are good. I can try to add them in, but ill most likely fail. But keep posting, people like Wildcard will read this and add it to their version.

|uK|Rays
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
speaking of amp...does upgrading an amp do anything to it?

SAM
04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
SW you could speak with ferali...I'm sure he would help develop you and give you ideas on how to do things!

audiosonic
04-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Amp is thricky business, upgrading does more damage / or makes it last longer can't remember. But whenever I take amp and nuke, it never doubles/triples the damage so 2500 RU wasted indeeds.

.seVered.][
04-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't have a 5000x resolution screen...

YET....

Scourge
04-25-2012, 01:16 AM

It gives enough RU as it is

It's more about balancing and scoring, which is also the reason I requested that points not be given for upgrading freebies. I believe that killing nukes should add points to the killer's score in this manner, not necessarily more RU - actually, the RU given is fine for non-static; the points, not so much.

Killing pickup warheads should yield some ru, I believe, but many might disagree with me.

By the way, suppose moving buildings was limited to creators only or to pug players or experienced or educated players. Would you still be opposed to it? While having MOVE could be different from traditional siege, I think it would make for some very interesting siege matches.

.seVered.][
04-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Interesting concept there Mr.Scourge. MOVE. makes sense...BUT

Do yo actually PICK it up to move it?
What if you die while "moving" an item?
Can you just NUDGE a build?

With this feature, it would only open more avenue's for the obnoxious. Way's to piss some one off, when they get pissed off. That's how the immature mind's of men work. So a move feature would probably NOT be a good idea.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-25-2012, 07:49 AM
but on the flip side it may help as i have gone to build things before and get boosted by a spamming team mate and the build ends up way off where its meant to be then i have to destroy it, depends if the good outweighs the bad.

audiosonic
04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Moving won't work, too complex, too many exploits, will give more headaches and I don't think it's necessary.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
damage amps are well worth the ru if your going to nuke once yourself AFTER someone else or two other players have nuked the core twice between them.

yes they are pricey but its the price you pay for a normal amp or wait for one in mid to spawn randomly. believe it or not the amp in the constructor used to be weakened severely in previous siege versions and costed 1500 RU and were worth it even then.

most of your suggestions would only be suitable in a pug environment.

mostro
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
may i say that neutron bombs have becomed into a lame weapon?

i've played several maps with the following in common, players from both teams begin to frag as crazy or nuke where they can get more ru (even if that place is far from core) in order to get the 4000 ru needed to neutron...

and not just one player but 3 or 4 of each team sometimes, then, close to the end of the game the start neutroning and neutroning, finally the team wich saved more ru is the on who is going to win.

i mean like 6 neutrons in a row from each team

so in this case you can win de game without even knowing (sort of speech) where the enemy core is located, just kill players and buildings and you'll get what you where looking for.

my humble and ape'd opinion

Scourge
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
[;27112']Interesting concept there Mr.Scourge. MOVE. makes sense...BUT

Do yo actually PICK it up to move it?
What if you die while "moving" an item?
Can you just NUDGE a build?

With this feature, it would only open more avenue's for the obnoxious. Way's to piss some one off, when they get pissed off. That's how the immature mind's of men work. So a move feature would probably NOT be a good idea.

I'm thinking that one selects a MOVE mode on the constructor, uses buildit to set the building to "grabbed", and can then move it with them, with the building remaining in the direction the player is facing. "Ungrabbing" would be effected by death, being out of RU necessary for the building being moved, or a second buildit command (mode changes and hence building would be disabled while moving a building or item).

From you guys' feedback it seems like only allowing builders to move their own buildings would be advisable as with as the remove feature now.

As for this being unnecessary, I agree- but I think that properly implemented it would be a very interesting expansion to the current model of siege.

Feralidragon
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
@mostro (Neutron): So, some members in the team play skillfully and tirelessly, spend the entire match to save and win RU instead of building more defense or attack, they still hold on, and then when the match is about to end they use all their RU in neutrons.... and you think neutron usage is lame because of this? O.o

If you let that happen, is entirely your team's fault for not attacking more and getting more RU from the enemy players and buildings. Siege is exactly that, building a strategy during the whole match to win the game, and while they have to save RU for neutrons, they won't build anything else very useful as they will have to rely in the rest of the team to do it, so your team has that *massive* advantage and you can focus in actually winning the game seriously before the time ends by attacking and not let the enemy team attack (even with nukes) nor leech from any of your buildings.

If your team builds lots of stuff, then relax the whole match and manage to survive, of course the other team will assemble a strong strategy to end it at the very end.

mostro
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
there was no neutron on previous versions of siege and map were ended by nuking or shooting the core... i think winning without 'seeing' enemy core is not the way siege was intended for

then, after the neutron will come a hyper neutron? that costs 120.000 ru and when shooting / using it kills the core immediatly?... i don't like the neutron, it kills in a way the attacking strategy

you can even neutron almost from your base! and hit enemies buildings!!!

EMP i think is usefull cos it helps you to get into the base, but it doesn't kill anything, so the real risk is what happens after the EMP is activated.

is my personal opinion of course

Feralidragon
04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
That's indeed debatable, but if we're going relative "how the gametype was meant to be played", then we wouldn't have other stuff like the EMP which invites leech and nukes, and forcefields and minishields which can pretty much seal the base off.

4.000 RU - You could build 2 invincible nukes or 3 normal nukes or quite some super protectors or minishields or repair the core big time or keep building teles in critical points or ... you can build a lot of stuff with 4.000 RU, then using 4.000 all at once covering an entire base, you have to know where you put it, otherwise you may not get as much RU or give much damage to the core.

Personally, every time I decide to build something I always wonder if it's worth it because of a potential neutron, and it's more one thing you have to take into account, and I have used it a few times and it's not really a biggie and I would rather build other stuff with the 4.000 during the game, plus it can be destroyed before it blows up, so...

Even if you take them off, take 2 or 3 warheads per player, in a 4 top players team (where they would use neutron), if they sync them up at the end of the match you may get a rain of 8 nukes (or 12 at max), just blowing the sh*t out of your base and all the buildings, and eventually the core directly, so I wonder what's worse, the warheads or the neutrons...

Also just my opinion as well btw.

mostro
04-25-2012, 05:02 PM
ok i agree with some points

anyway what i'm saying is that i've played one particular map on which both teams decided independently to save ru to end the map...just neutroning, it was about 6 neutrons per team

the thing i see is that it was a particular case, but it can be used more often and i thing it can kill somehow the strategy on the game.

one thing is to build things to defend that are destroyable like forcefields and other things you've mentioned, but neutron hits almost everything, gives ru and sometimes you can win maps almost without moving from your base. EMP helps to give you a way to get into the base, there is a risk to be killed with or without emp if you are nuking.

neutron, if not killed is effective

i'll see how it is used in advance

i'm going home now dog!, let's talk afterwords

LAB-Pri
04-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Okay, this idea might not fit in this version of Siege, but it's a thing some, maybe working on a new siege version, might want to consider. ;)

Containers heal. They are the things that protect your buildings when your too busy doing something else. But I've been thinking of an anti-container, which, instead of healing buildings in a certain radius, would instead drain them, so that overtime an anti-container built close to an enemy building would essentially leech off the building. To keep the symmetry and also keep this building from being overpowered: just like how the container heals itself, this building would drain itself.

In use, this building could server two main purposes (there's probably many other interesting uses I have missed): They could be used like the rocket/mortar bombs, like to drain that enemy container of its last 20%. Or it could be used in a defensive way. Put it in your base, back it with a couple of containers so it doesn't end up draining itself, wait for someone to try to place some mortar bombs there, and watch as it drains the minuscule health of those mortar bombs in seconds.

If you make them weak enough, they are balanced. Defensively they act like a mine, and offensively they act like an explosive, but specifically for buildings. They play a more offensive role than a defensive role, opposite of the defensive role containers play.

Some cases where it could also work:
1. Leech off a popular area for putting teleporters.
2. Hide it in an enemy area for building regular warheads. :p
3. Put it some next to many containers, make an entire radius bomb proof, but not nuke proof.
4. Too tired to come up with more.

It's also very easy to code. Copy the container, make it drain instead of heal, and done. I would call it: Leecher.

Scourge
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
They used to have something like this called a "Guardian." They were somewhat useful, but more in the way the poison guardian is currently used rather than as offensive buildings.

nOs*Wildcard
04-26-2012, 11:47 AM
I think it would be cool if the AntiContainer was a stealth building whichtakes the color of the enemies buildings. I love this idea :) I think it would be pretty sneaky. It would be really wicked if somehow the enemy team could siphon all that RU when they visit the anticontainer

LAB-Pri
04-26-2012, 11:45 PM
I think it would be cool if the AntiContainer was a stealth building which takes the color of the enemies buildings.

Great idea! That would be really cool. :cool:
I feel we need at least one sneak building in siege, and this would be perfect.

|uK|kenneth
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I think it would be cool if the AntiContainer was a stealth building whichtakes the color of the enemies buildings. I love this idea :) I think it would be pretty sneaky. It would be really wicked if somehow the enemy team could siphon all that RU when they visit the anticontainer

thahahaha +10

Neff
04-29-2012, 12:27 AM
I'd like to see a building which is limited to 1 per team which repairs the core at the rate we do if ru is invested into it.

More people would be willing to invest ru to repairing the core than actually do it themselves.

SilverWing
04-29-2012, 02:38 AM
stop being lazy its a team effort to win...

SAY WHAT SW SAID NOT BE LAZY!

Neff
05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
* Why leave the ablility to remove SC's if you're not allowed to do so.

.seVered.][
05-01-2012, 10:14 PM
What about an advanced mine. One that is more like a Mortar Bomb or a Claymore. It explodes in the direction your facing when you build it. It explodes when every someone tries to destroy it. And when someone walks on it too.

TDNConvict
05-02-2012, 11:51 AM
just leave it alone for awhile

i am on the bandwagon tho for being able to remove mini shields tho... such a giant leech last night - had an unlimited supply of ru thanks to mini shields in mid

Scourge
05-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Convict is overpowered, nerf him in the next build

utbusta
05-03-2012, 05:46 PM
I haven't noticed a difference .. yet.

A side note, no specs. I get it, I understand it and agree to a point BUT the only time I think it doesn't help is if someone is "laming" some how and we are trying to capture it via video/demo or SS. I don't use or know how to use the in game demo recorder so I just can't capture a player who is abusing the game.

That probably belongs in another thread but I am tired and don't want to look for it.

utbusta
05-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Even if was available to pug players, experienced or educated doesn't mean it wont be abused or something stupid done with a move. Interesting concept though.
By the way, suppose moving buildings was limited to creators only or to pug players or experienced or educated players. Would you still be opposed to it? While having MOVE could be different from traditional siege, I think it would make for some very interesting siege matches.

Scourge
05-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Not to press, but what could be some examples?

sketchturner
05-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Idea: Nuke Factory/Super Warhead

This building can build nukes with less cost and takes more time (maybe the double for the price) to build them. It can build only one nuke at time, when is finished you can pick up it. Begins in lv0, when you upgrade it (650ru) it comes to lv1, and a warhead starts to beign built. After is finished you pick up it and it comes to lv0, meaning that is ready to build another nuke if you upgrade it. But it can resist like a container (if you hit this building, the nuke will be destroyed only if the entire building is destroyed). One building per person is allowed in the game. This because is annoying when someone place a neutron in his own base and for the massive effect of it, almost all in the map is killed (many normal warheads). With this, at least, you can have one warhead there! waiting you happy! and ready for you. Invincibles take 700RU + to be built, so, in extreme cases, you need all the possible RU to nuke and build boots or something. Just an idea.

Neff
05-08-2012, 05:11 AM
Idea:

Message displaying the name of the builder of after a succesful EMP attack.

Would help provide proof of whoever ruined a leech game & give credit in regular matches.

Scourge
05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Message displaying the name of the builder of after a succesful EMP attack.

This. Also, display neutron builders; display failures of EMPs and neutrons; and have neutron and EMP notifications display separately from nuke siren notifications, as they are often hidden by them or other game messages.

Keith
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
aka make the scoreboard's a fucking bible

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
lets make the scoreboard a 10page screen like EUT does and leave the server to change maps 30 seconds after game has ended obviously we'll read ALL OF IT RIGHT

but i agree with scourge the alerts should be different so they dont get overridden by each other when built exactly the same time

SilverWing
05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Ill try it.

So far i have done this

-Fixed JumpBoots so when you shift jump it doesn't lower the amount of jumps u have left
-Pulsing threw wall (fixed by Feralidragon)
-Super Protects dont kill people in rare cases (fixed by Feralidragon, but havnt tested because its rare case lol)
-Lined up the country flags on Scoreboard
-Added a timer for AMP, Invs, and Scuba
-Added the amount of remaining jumps you have on JumpBoots

Things im trying to do
-Tournament mode flags working with siege
-Anti CV
-Who won the match? (still dont know why its not showing :S )
-Make EMP and Nbomb MSG more noticeable ( might make a icon and place it on the left side of the screen or something )

.seVered.][
05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
What about an icon on the HUD for each nuke you build. Showing the time remaining in the build,or at least have an icon for each nuke that is ready to fire, or an Icon with a number next to it.

utbusta
05-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Can I have a cape that appears each time I kill a nuke?

So far it all sounds good SW!

Scourge
05-08-2012, 09:56 PM
aka make the scoreboard's a fucking bible

I was thinking all this stuff would be displayed on the fly, like "x took down y's nuke." I don't really see the need to add neutron/emp fails or kills to a player's info, but if clutter weren't an issue it would make some players look really badass.

Ill try it.

So far i have done this

-Fixed JumpBoots so when you shift jump it doesn't lower the amount of jumps u have left
-Super Protects dont kill people in rare cases (fixed by Feralidragon, but havnt tested because its rare case lol)

Things im trying to do
-Anti CV
-Make EMP and Nbomb MSG more noticeable ( might make a icon and place it on the left side of the screen or something )

SW, thanks for your tremendous effort in continuing to shape siege. These are all excellent changes.

|uK|Altered_Ego
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
This new version is great but I feel so noob at it these days. There's so many different ways to attack now. Anyway, I was thinking the EMP should be a very fast build, like the suits are. It's a bomb and seems odd that it takes so long to build. Also I see lamers building bombs at the core over and over, especially through walls like on Black River and Minicivil. Can there be a limit put on this so it doesn't lame up the game play? Let's say 4 is the most you can build in a given time, like 120 seconds before you can build another. This would end the explosives abuse in the suppliers and the core.

|uK|Grimreaper
05-08-2012, 11:21 PM
fo ego

Moskva
05-08-2012, 11:54 PM
fo ego

you fo with your shitty rocket cannon bind

|uK|Grimreaper
05-09-2012, 01:34 AM
you shut up ape

Keith
05-09-2012, 06:34 AM
:ape: :ape: :ape: :ape:

SAM
05-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Anyway, I was thinking the EMP should be a very fast build, like the suits are. It's a bomb and seems odd that it takes so long to build.

EMP is powerful so it should take time to build...

Also I see lamers building bombs at the core over and over, especially through walls like on Black River and Minicivil. Can there be a limit put on this so it doesn't lame up the game play? Let's say 4 is the most you can build in a given time, like 120 seconds before you can build another. This would end the explosives abuse in the suppliers and the core.

No need. In the next release there are various fixes and one of these include not being able to build explosives through walls. Teleporters you can still build though - credits feralidragon aka xXx or XxX not sure which :mask:

|uK|kenneth
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
idd you need time to find the emp and kill it

A^3
05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Do you know if the Super Container bug will be fixed?

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
shut up grim you suck balls with your shitty rc bind go back to snipermania where you are a "legend"

|uK|kenneth
05-09-2012, 03:58 PM
shut up grim you suck balls with your shitty rc bind go back to snipermania where you are a "legend"

ROFL! hahaha grim

|uK|Grimreaper
05-09-2012, 04:18 PM
so everyone who uses rc bind sucks right ?
then a big ammount of players suck

fucking noob stfu

Neff
05-09-2012, 04:22 PM
This new version is great but I feel so noob at it these days. There's so many different ways to attack now. Anyway, I was thinking the EMP should be a very fast build, like the suits are. It's a bomb and seems odd that it takes so long to build. Also I see lamers building bombs at the core over and over, especially through walls like on Black River and Minicivil. Can there be a limit put on this so it doesn't lame up the game play? Let's say 4 is the most you can build in a given time, like 120 seconds before you can build another. This would end the explosives abuse in the suppliers and the core.

On the flip side it's nice having the opportunity to kill EMP's as an alternative to repairing everything.

I know how you feel I've been playing for a while and find myself at the bottom/middle of scoreboards whereas I think I was better in comparison to others on older versions =/

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-09-2012, 06:31 PM
no just you you're shit.

Neff
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
no just you you're shit.

With little incentive to get better, I've long given up trying to compete/compare myself to others, why would I want to in a negative and hostile envirement which in no way supports growth? The more skilled players in general develop disgusting egos and down talk lesser skilled players who are simply just trying to play a game and have fun; I don't see any reason to try and be anything like you.

I'm actually disgusted with players like you, Grimrepear and Convict

If only people treated noobs like human beings and not animals

|uK|chiseller
05-09-2012, 09:07 PM
The more skilled players in general develop disgusting egos {..}
I'm actually disgusted with players like you, Grimrepear and Convict
DAFUQ?

Moskva
05-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Well Convict might be a lil bitch bossing around, but I simply decide to not take it serious, though you get used to him bitching around like a 7 year old girl

EDIT: Convict when carrying a nuke

http://troll.me/images/grandma-finds-the-internet/fucking-noobs-get-out-of-my-way-thumb.jpg

Neff
05-10-2012, 01:42 AM
DAFUQ?

One of the reasons why I said you're a stand up guy is that alhgouht you're skilled, you don't belittle others and shove it down throats the fact that you're better.

People do better and have more fun in a possitive envirement, you suck isn't very encouraging.

|uK|chiseller
05-10-2012, 02:18 AM
One of the reasons why I said you're a stand up guy is that alhgouht you're skilled, you don't belittle others and shove it down throats the fact that you're better.
Yea, I was trying to make a joke there. You know, Grim and skilled doesn't go together :p

People do better and have more fun in a possitive envirement, you suck isn't very encouraging.
Absolutely.

Scourge
05-10-2012, 01:04 PM
If only people treated noobs like human beings and not animals

IF ONLY NOOBS BEHAVED LIKE HUMAN BEINGS AND NOT MONGOLOIDS

(e.g. any game of Kanjar with machine_of_god)

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-10-2012, 03:28 PM
im just a troll what can i fucking say

TDNConvict
05-10-2012, 05:34 PM
im just a troll what can i fucking say

rofl

and neff i just get amped up when i play at times... and talk about me raging? i'm not the one getting banned for life for removing super containers then coming on here just swearing at every admin

You are just completely ignorant. I've done more to help others and teach people than you ever have or ever will so don't bring me into any conversations.

and Moskva is right shouldn't take me serious most of time anyway... but when ya do stupid shit i'm going to call you out.. that goes for anyone.... get used to it.... i'm more than willing to help others...

Neff
05-10-2012, 06:48 PM
I wasn't trying to fuck my team over and the admins were aware I wanted to move the SC as I was talking to them about it, I was told I could if i asked the person and nobody owned it; I still should have asked my team. Then I see I'm banned way longer than others for simliar offenses, go look; compare.

I didn't say anything about the length of the ban because I thought you wanted it yourself. Even 200 is way over the top when compared with other bans.

Also I don't like hypocrites; http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/1963-remove-krikors-admin-permanently. What makes you think you can aruge with a ban and call out an admin but I can't? At least the one you talked to didn't take it personal.

Why would I want to know or care that you help and teach more than I ever will?

when ya do stupid shit i'm going to call you out
Not everyone knows Siege/UT as well as you how are they supposed to know they're being stupid before getting raged at?

|uK|Altered_Ego
05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Enough crybaby crap, do I have to hunt you down again?

SilverWing
05-11-2012, 03:25 PM

OH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

SAM
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM

lol finally ego joins the forum again :D

Scourge
05-11-2012, 03:30 PM
There's more drama here than William Shatner

Moskva
05-11-2012, 03:53 PM

DAYUM incoming dat pulse chase

|uK|Rays
05-11-2012, 05:25 PM
for those who don't know, ego is a legend, don't get on dis nigga's bad side.

audiosonic
05-11-2012, 06:05 PM
For the viewers at home, he tracked down Neff's house by looking at a shirt

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-12-2012, 05:13 PM
For the viewers at home, he tracked down Neff's house by looking at a shirt

LMFAO

true story he tracked neff down and promised to kidnap him....

HI EGO I LOVE YOU

|uK|0WN-AG3!
05-20-2012, 02:43 PM
i think i was supposed to post my improvement/suggestion idea here..

i made a thread.. we seem to be in agreement anyway.. but for those who haven't seen it >>> http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/2103-MUTUALLY-BENEFICIAL-SIEGE-IMPROVEMENTS <<<<

.seVered.][
05-23-2012, 12:22 AM
There has GOT to be a penalty for quitting during a match... either making it so you can not re-join the same match or re-join the same team. The rash of wimpy quitters are ruining matches daily.

Moskva
05-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Crashes, timeouts, and elses are the "but" in your plan, but if you could play in one team only, that would be good

Keith
05-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Talking about timeouts, I've seen many players getting them pretty much every matches I played on

SAM
05-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I will see if I can change some things around tonight...

.seVered.][
06-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Ill try it.

So far i have done this

Things im trying to do
-Anti CV

Could you also INDENT the admin messages or warning messages. Adding a space at the from or some special character (>> or =>) would make the forum log easier to follow and find important messages.

|uK|kenneth
06-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Super Protects dont kill people in rare cases (fixed by Feralidragon, but havnt tested because its rare case lol)

well about this you can test this in zwarsly go get trans make sp above water up it go to mid go in water and trans to the high ( transing in water)

.seVered.][
06-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Super Protects dont kill people in rare cases (fixed by Feralidragon, but havnt tested because its rare case lol)

well about this you can test this in zwarsly go get trans make sp above water up it go to mid go in water and trans to the high ( transing in water)

Really?>Impressive that you can recall the conditions for the incident to occur> SAD that you DIDN'T SAY SOMETHING BEFORE> HAPPY that you did now. :)

You should speak more > it become's you.

and use these > more.

|uK|kenneth
06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
[;30623']Really?>Impressive that you can recall the conditions for the incident to occur> SAD that you DIDN'T SAY SOMETHING BEFORE> HAPPY that you did now. :)

You should speak more > it become's you.

and use these > more.

lol idk havent check sw's post lols

Banny
06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Wth kenneth. That has never happend to me. Infact I tried it 5-7 times , it didn't kill me!

.seVered.][
06-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Wth kenneth. That has never happend to me. Infact I tried it 5-7 times , it didn't kill me!

DUH, like the post says.... RARE... it only occurs when the moon is in the 4th hemisphere of the 3rd rock from the sun on Tuesday's.

Plus, it's already fixed too... me thinks. theesa notta gonna besa problems.

Banny
06-14-2012, 02:41 AM
[;30653']DUH, like the post says.... RARE... it only occurs when the moon is in the 4th hemisphere of the 3rd rock from the sun on Tuesday's.

Plus, it's already fixed too... me thinks. theesa notta gonna besa problems.

You dialogues are very unique, Granpa

noggieB
11-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Bring back the Protector and the HealthPod. Who removed them and why? Chase that person into the sea.

Rename the MiniShield to MiniShieldX and let it give weapons.

Tips for framerate: It gets much better if you look down at the floor. Use this especially when you need to send packets to the server, e.g. to dodge when getting sniped on a nuke run. (I wish this was a joke.)

Don't try to dodge SuperPro projectiles; the sooner you get down to 10 health, the sooner you can look up and start fragging!

Try to position yourself so there are 10,000 polygons and 40 buildings behind you, then you can kill your enemy while his next frame is rendering.

Remember, the more buildings you build in plain view in your base, the more your enemies will lag out and walk into walls.

Obviously this means you should run into enemy base facing backwards.

Hopefully these tips will allow you to achieve the same siege infamy which I myself enjoy.

SilverWing
11-26-2012, 09:48 PM
JUST LOLed

P.S Whats with people bring back old topics...

Shotman
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
whats with you being fat? why is moskva mexican? Why is severed old? Who knows its a mystery i tell you.

terminator
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
NoggieB always cracks me up though! ^^
And actually thinks brilliant !

noggieB
11-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Did anyone mention the new repairing rocks? I don't have to aim yay!

It might be nice to stop the crashing which occurs every time I try to join a different server. (That seems to be a recent issue, so I'm guess it's the new version.)

.seVered.][
11-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Did anyone mention the new repairing rocks? I don't have to aim yay!

It might be nice to stop the crashing which occurs every time I try to join a different server. (That seems to be a recent issue, so I'm guess it's the new version.)

I have to second that and give HIGH FIVE for that update! I even changed my keybind to selectmode 1 0 | just so I don't have to aim. :D OH YA.

--- Updated ---

whats with you being fat? why is moskva mexican? Why is severed old? Who knows its a mystery i tell you.

LOL, you forgot SHORT?

Moko
11-28-2012, 11:16 PM
why is moskva mexican?
That's you, goofball.