PDA

View Full Version : Ram Linux-MEX camping - demo provided

terminator
03-11-2012, 01:31 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?kgv9ta79ldjf0fs
As soon as we started, he started piston camping the portal at Simplex renovated map.
I warned him saying that he can get banned for that. Then as they made a supplier he was camping there with bio , spamming it on the portal.

Check it please and report back if that deserves a ban or not.
I don't want to do the same as he did and get a ban for camping if it's not considered as camping.
Thanks!

ramlinux
03-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks Termi, if my memory dont fails, then ban everyone, since i play simplex, we always started cover the portal until sm its created, so if this gonna apply then sent a list of players too who defends the beginning this portal, thats why when you start to cry i dont use the piston, if you play in this server i always use bio to defend, simplex for a lot of pro hate it, because its a lot defenders on base, i repeat if this gonna apply then put in the rules no defend you base portal in simplex, what suppost to do?, come on enemy this way its the core, go a head, atack the core?. or hoy many steps inside of my base most to do, to i can kill him?

terminator
03-11-2012, 03:15 PM
There are some rules, and a clear definitions of what camping means. Apparently, u WEREN't moving far away from getting in supplier to get repaired, and get ammo, then coming back there spamming the portal with bio. But let others decide. As i said, if THIS is legal, i'm gonna do the same, and i don't want to see myself banned!

SAM
03-11-2012, 03:34 PM
This is camping. You do not stand near a portal with piston Ram. Once is ok, twice three times you are pushing it.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-11-2012, 03:46 PM
banned cant remember how many for

ramlinux
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
just answer how many steps my enemy got to do inside of my base to get killed?, how far i must to be away of the portal?, im defender i build defends its my style build mines, sp, and protect thems, some pro gamers maybe dont like my style but i feel better in this way, and honestly i dont care, so please dont be hiprocits, i understand you want make a precedent, im the winner have a cryer who post it (no ofense) so whats gonna be?, in you hands admins.
Regards

terminator
03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
@Blaze / Sam - Thanks for fast reaction! :)
@Ram Linux-MEX : Hello dude.. were u the one provoking it by saying :" be my guest" ???
Well here am I ! I warned u to stop camping. It's not .. how many steps away from... Be in base.. but if u defend, then defend PROPERLY. There are 2 entrances, there are lot of weapons u can use. But u were just there having BIO rifle, and on another map(Bluevember) spamming rockets telling me that i can defend myself. How? by checking if someone's camping above my head everytime i wanna go on stairs.
I'd understand if that was a pug or some clan match so u're actually fighting to win in that way.. but wow.. on a public match.
Anyway u deserved a ban just cuz u kept doing the same after warning.

|uK|chiseller
03-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I agree, piston camping is, as the name implies, camping but it has been tolerated up until now. Time to ban a lot of players then.

I don't see how spamming rockets or bio is camping though.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
03-12-2012, 08:17 AM
everydoby do it =x
but the one way for this end is punishing everyone who do it

SAM
03-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Any type of camping was against the rules. I always enforced no piston camping and believe me, no one used to do it. The server you guys play on now is not as clean as it used to be and if I ever can recoup some time, I will try to make things better for you all by being very harsh and teaching people lessons quickly. And they learn quick, trust me

CadaverJuice
03-12-2012, 10:10 AM
If you ban everyone who piston camps that portal, there'll be about 2 players left unbanned. I get popped every time I go through that portal at the beginning of a game, and I've defended it a lot with piston too. Same thing for stairs in Bluevember.

SAM
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
No, eventually what would be left is people stop piston camping and thinking it is acceptable when camping generally is against the rules. Once twice is fine. Sitting there squatting piston locked for an extended period defines camping.

terminator
03-12-2012, 11:42 AM
People will stop camping once they get banned or see someone else banned for camping!
If chis did check the demo i believe he'd agree

TDNConvict
03-12-2012, 12:40 PM
just my opinion but you shouldn't be banned for piston camping... its kind of like backshooting in ig.....annoying but you don't see bans handed out for it... if you have someone that wants to waste their time standing in a corner with a piston .. why not lol ... just go in with someone and let them sacrifice themselves and you get right in... or just go in front entrance and blast the piston camper... if you can't get in on simplex in the first 5 mins you have bigger things to worry about then piston campers

TDNConvict
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
hey by the way whats vCash? can i use it to buy grim a male prostitute?

|uK|chiseller
03-12-2012, 12:50 PM
If chis did check the demo i believe he'd agree
Not loading for me.

|uK|Grimreaper
03-15-2012, 12:45 AM
hey by the way whats vCash? can i use it to buy grim a male prostitute?

ROFL