PDA

View Full Version : Simplex][Renovated

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM
now its been played a few times and although i have had some great feedback in game i guess im curious as to what the general feedback is on the changes i made to that map.

likes, dislikes...input etc.

final feedback is if i should revamp other maps to a more up to date style?...feel free to list maps you would like to see me edit with a similar style, doesnt matter if i have to rebuild the map, im an advanced mapper/modder so can reproduce any map in existence.

SAM
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Are you still dev'ing RX at HOF?

I'm just wondering how much free time you have...maybe it's best you made some new maps. Renovating is cool however new content is required at the same time. Not saying it should be on you, I think alot more of this community should step up but they don't. It's quite hard for that to happen in siege for some reason...

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-13-2012, 09:16 PM
i built/coded the final RX some time ago, needs a few minor fixes but nothing major that affects gameplay......i could build some new siege maps but as we all know, people make favorites and when they have those its hard to pull them onto new maps (grim pointed that out with his bitching that original simplex was gone and the the new version was shit... troll etc.) so even if i create maps which i could, may be a waste of my time but if anyone has a theme/idea, i may consider it.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM
now its been played a few times and although i have had some great feedback in game i guess im curious as to what the general feedback is on the changes i made to that map.

likes, dislikes...input etc.

final feedback is if i should revamp other maps to a more up to date style?...feel free to list maps you would like to see me edit with a similar style, doesnt matter if i have to rebuild the map, im an advanced mapper/modder so can reproduce any map in existence.

PS: when i replied the thread has duplicated????..i now see it twice with no replies...im confuddled

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
I think it looks alot better with the new textures and layout, removing the doors was the best idea. Only bad thing i can say was the time took downloading all the packages, but atleast its only once you have to do that.

|uK|kenneth
03-14-2012, 09:53 AM
sniper u suck learn to play your saying its good that the doors have been removed so you guys have just to fly in a nuke and its also to easy to get in with trans
and also the ape texture on the core is still teribble its an distraction when you tru to kill someone.

terminator
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
BAEST keep your mouth closed. Removing doors is definately the BEST idea there out of simple reason because there were lot of people camping the doors just waiting to be opened and then they would spam rockets on you.

Moskva
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
well the thing in the core indeed blocks the view

|uK|kenneth
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
BAEST keep your mouth closed. Removing doors is definately the BEST idea there out of simple reason because there were lot of people camping the doors just waiting to be opened and then they would spam rockets on you.

i didnt say "doors" need to come back.
idk just make it so its harder to get in base because its so easy now its the same as placing the core in 1 room ( dodge chase balls) like this map...

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-14-2012, 06:01 PM
more input i get, good or bad will help to tweak the map.

the decor around core is meant to be distracting, makes defending the core more challenging.

PS: no idea what happened with my second reply because it was this.

i have all but finished with RX coding now scar so i might take on some maps which i can do in 1-2 days per map (simplex size) but coming up with new ideas is the problem...i will give it a shot and see what i can come up with.

for some reason when i hit reply, the thread duplicated and i quoted myself...odd

|uK|kenneth
03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
its not a ctf map or something else where you can hide everywere

audiosonic
03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};24741']the decor around core is meant to be distracting, makes defending the core more challenging.

That is not the purpose of decor.

Dat room in between the walls is very annoying, if you already have that other nuke room there is no point of having this room. Plus it draws unnecessary attention, can really drag a team down when 3-4 people are just sitting there.

And chancher admins please remove duplicates of maps from the server, nobody likes playing the same maps over and over. (Niven/[C]Niven | bathroomsEQ/bathrooms'uk/bathroomsultimate | 3 versions of masteroid ( seriously?) etc.)

|uK|Grimreaper
03-15-2012, 01:14 AM
tbh the bridge in the mid is kinda lame in original simplex there is no bridge so the players needed to swim to the other side or advanced players could just piston jump over the edge.. and the slime thats damaging you is also stupid imo
and now lets start about the tunnels that are aside the bases where u can make emp easily or neutrons at the end of the map especially the neutrons.. with original simplex there were only a few spots where they could make neutrons and there was a chance it could get destroyed but with these tunnels there is no chance so ye the entire team can save up RU and at end of the map the entire team can enter that tunnel and make neutrons and win the game..
only positive thing is actually the pit where the SB tele is at everything else..
ye read it up here^

ChanClan
03-15-2012, 02:03 AM
I think the Nuke room should be more risky, or have at least SOME kind of tragedy or epic move to get in there. Like an underwater tunnel that only open when you shoot the door or a hidden trigger. It's just too clean in there... FFS put some BLOOD on the walls... some bone's in the corner... maybe a table and chairs.

|uK|fleecey
03-15-2012, 09:38 AM
The bridge wasn't needed, but I like that it's slime in the mid, because you can't sit in the slime and camping and waiting for the weapon to spawn and shit. I like the nuke room and where you can hide the supplier so they don't supspam you as they do in other simplex.

Moskva
03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
But Fluke, someone whos in the water is an easy target itself, turning it into slime may have been kinda pointless

hipN0
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Ok my in put on the map. The covers going around the core, looks cool and all but are just a distraction they do not block any shots the bullets go through and hit core. As far as the removal of the doors, i agree with both yes ppl just spam at the doors when there there and when there not they can get in easy and launch a nuke in makes it hard to defend front in my opintion. My opinion the doors are better in cause helps you hold your base better and build stuff up from being destroyed faster as far as spaming at the doors hasnt been that much of an issue... as far as the mid of the map i love it where u can drop into the water bellow if spec item is there if not just keep runnin at there base good idea who ever made that.. and as far as the wall spaces and nuke room... i love having the nuke room in there its great .. the only thing on the nuke room is that its to dark.. a lil lighter would be better ... and wall spaces i agree are kind of a waist ppl just sit in there if it was blocked off with wall on out side area you could use it as another nuke room and save time from ppl just sitting in there instead of looking out at mid.. all other areas of map are great 2 thumbs up.... as far as futur maps go.. i like having more secreet rooms and hiding spots but not to many as to where if other team makes tele it takes to long to kill it before ur base is destroyed.. new graphix are better... also would like to see some new construtive items we could make.. thats my input on new maps for now...

hipN0
03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
i was there the 1st day when this map went public.. and i was the 1st in nuke room :P

|uK|Anthrax
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
i was there the 1st day when this map went public.. and i was the 1st in nuke room :P

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg

Keith
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM
#1 troll.

|uK|Grimreaper
03-19-2012, 06:23 PM
nub

damic
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I dont like general this new map ; o, very colorful and readable...

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
thnx for the input....so far..

vents leading to water from base are now closed off and enemy can no longer access them

Nuke room is moved where it cannot be affected with neutron but this nuke room will be harder to figure out / get to and will be a series of triggers you have to shoot to open a secret wall to reveal a teleporter to that room, i will reveal them when the map is done....well...hint.

bridge in middle is going to be completely removed but slimezone with damage stays, i have personally seen people sitting in the water and it gets congested.

there will be a partition put up in opening where door was, similar to Kanjar (clear wall in front of core) this will prevent spam as well as provide a fairly decent opening for attack.

PS: I was the first in the nuke room...:p

ChanClan
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM
I say, chap; Well DONE! Keep up the good work, and KEEP EM COMING !!! *wink

|uK|kenneth
03-21-2012, 02:05 PM

happy?

ChanClan
03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, update sound good, but the map has not ben updated on the server yet?...

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-22-2012, 02:29 PM
because i havent finished re editing it...;)

Shiro
03-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Remove that Transformer on the core ... its like chimp, is there but doesnt help in nothing.

|uK|kenneth
03-29-2012, 12:21 PM
yep like i said before its terrible

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-13-2012, 02:36 PM
made the changes to renovated and hopefully this will be better for the people who made the complaints about certain parts

tunnel access blocked/removed by water area, nuke room removed and replaced with two hidden neutron proof nuke rooms (not going to tell you how to get to them yet), bridge over water removed, decor around core changed, door opening blocked by three panels in a T shape for easier defense but not impossible to get through with trans for example.

I would have done this sooner but my father was diagnosed with leukemia recently, so i have been unable to fully concentrate and give it my all so i hope this is good enough.

short vid showing changes

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/alienFLuKE/clan%20related/?action=view&current=simplexv2.mp4

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-14-2012, 11:59 AM
if this is acceptable and no more changes wanted then i will send to sam.

.seVered.][
04-14-2012, 01:04 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};26405']if this is acceptable and no more changes wanted then i will send to sam.

Cool you made a video, but do you know how hard it is to find a hidden room. You gotta give us some kinda clue or marker to start at. Maybe a poster of SkidRow or BonJovi on the wall?

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
you are on the right track with your clue suggestions ;)

audiosonic
04-14-2012, 03:14 PM
If the purpose of the slime in water is to prevent people from camping, then I'm afraid you don't know that campers are way too thricky to camp in water, they camp from the side so they aren't easy to hit but their target is. I would say keep the mid-bridge if you gonna keep it slime, or well I think the bridge is better in either case as it allows for another quicker attack option in a camp-heavy map.

Also the part above base is a bit too busy for my liking, you can make emp behind every other pillar, one would have to look behind the pillars to find it, by then it would already go off.

I think nobody has seen the video yet because it was probably being moderated (the post) so I'd just wait a day or two before you re-release it.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-14-2012, 03:56 PM
the edits are in response to feedback already received

emp's are obvious due to the spawning effect, thats why i kept the pillars smaller so any builds are obvious.

Thanks for feedback anyway.

SAM
04-14-2012, 08:05 PM
I think the doorway is a little narrow...imagine the whole team spamming that entrance no one can come in or out...

|uK|kenneth
04-14-2012, 09:43 PM
I think the doorway is a little narrow...imagine the whole team spamming that entrance no one can come in or out...

i'll say give it a change, i think it will work fine.

terminator
04-14-2012, 10:38 PM
1. remove the doors! That turns simplex back again... paradise for campers / spammers and no skill idiots just staying in the base waiting for a victim to come knowing that enemy chances to actually reach the core will be minimum.
Also, neutron proof room hmm... that actually makes invincible warhead pointless...but ok. tunnel entrance on both sides should stay. It was fun :)))

.seVered.][
04-14-2012, 10:49 PM
That is not the purpose of decor.

Dat room in between the walls is very annoying, if you already have that other nuke room there is no point of having this room. Plus it draws unnecessary attention, can really drag a team down when 3-4 people are just sitting there.

And chancher admins please remove duplicates of maps from the server, nobody likes playing the same maps over and over. (Niven/[C]Niven | bathroomsEQ/bathrooms'uk/bathroomsultimate | 3 versions of masteroid ( seriously?) etc.)

I think you mean Kankar... but it's funny, and I also agree remove some of the "BUNK" maps that seem to get voted in by Rapage... for example

Or perhaps you meant Canker oddly the definition matches the problem quite well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker

.seVered.][
04-14-2012, 10:54 PM
1. remove the doors! That turns simplex back again... paradise for campers / spammers and no skill idiots just staying in the base waiting for a victim to come knowing that enemy chances to actually reach the core will be minimum.
Also, neutron proof room hmm... that actually makes invincible warhead pointless...but ok. tunnel entrance on both sides should stay. It was fun :)))

He's got a good point about the door's, maybe .. but what about a SECOND teleport? Have one at the end of the corridor next to core, or in that little supplier's cubby. so you can make 2 super boosters.. boosting down BOTH hallways...

|uK|Grimreaper
04-15-2012, 03:06 AM
imo simplex shouldnt have been renovated..

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-15-2012, 09:21 AM
its a good thing that your opinion doesnt count then grim

i'd say remove the doorway fuck what the others say if they wanna stop nukes place a forcefield dumbasses

|uK|Grimreaper
04-15-2012, 07:18 PM
can u shut the fuck up blaze ?

TDNConvict
04-16-2012, 01:25 PM
i like the new simplex but the textures are a little too rich for me it makes my eyes hurt after a long game...

also the doorway being open is a hell of a leech but it speeds the game up so I prefer it to having doors which can glitch sometimes

also I agree with grim the slim in mid should be removed .. just make it water - I really do like that people don't camp the mid anymore with the addition of the bridge - honestly I wish someone made a simplex with the new map layout with the older classic textures...

SAM
04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
i like the new simplex but the textures are a little too rich for me it makes my eyes hurt after a long game...

I always found the same. That's why all the older maps from a year or so ago were always textures in bland, easy on the eye textures and also textures where you can see in almost all scenarios - your cursor, up and around etc

It's the main reason why I don't like new games. They are just too focused on fancy. I play all "new" games at the lowest possible setting lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
resolution 800x600, 16 bit colors and you get your wish sam..lol

as there is confliction between those who like the doors and those who hate them, hopefully this will be a compromise, it has multiple pawn triggers so it shouldnt get jammed at anytime and cannot be held open, the top area can be either jumped with boots or tele but the area is small enough to defend with shock rifle if someone attempts to nuke through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d1MqJK_N4k&feature=youtu.be

|uK|Grimreaper
04-19-2012, 10:04 AM
btw does those doors also have that bug when someone drops their nuke in the door the door eats it up?

|uK|kenneth
04-19-2012, 11:23 AM
btw does those doors also have that bug when someone drops their nuke in the door the door eats it up?

dammit i hate this fucking APE BUG! and damn looks nice now

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-19-2012, 12:30 PM

all movers in UT99 will destroy any weapons in their path

.seVered.][
04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I LOVE the lights on the FLOOR !! clever... What about BOMB DOOR's on a trigger.....nevermind.. how about a test run post.. so we can beta test. And the "OTHER" most popular map needs a good shower and a flush too.

|uK|Grimreaper
04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
ffs that bug needs to be fixed happened so many times
so many free nukes got lost :F

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-19-2012, 09:43 PM
shouldnt happen so much with these doors because you dont need to be touching them to open them so you wont have nukers drop right in the door path.

|uK|Grimreaper
04-20-2012, 12:30 AM
lets hope so

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-26-2012, 09:42 PM
thoughts on the newly edited version with doors, new nuke rooms etc.?

wont be editing it anymore so i hope i covered most of peoples input with it.

btw, the glass panel by core room is intended for sup building to avoid spam, played it today and people built sups out in the open?...confused.com

.seVered.][
04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};27228']thoughts on the newly edited version with doors, new nuke rooms etc.?

wont be editing it anymore so i hope i covered most of peoples input with it.

btw, the glass panel by core room is intended for sup building to avoid spam, played it today and people built sups out in the open?...confused.com

Won't be editing it? We'll see about that.. *wink.... That's brilliant with the supplier spot...and I STILL can't hit those target's but I love the updates.

|uK|kenneth
04-27-2012, 11:34 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};27228']

because its to far away from the door

|uK|Grimreaper
04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
why is the hiddenroom at the super booster tele changed?

TDNConvict
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
changes are awesome! nice job fluke

about the only thing i would prefer is the middle to be water instead of hurting u but regardless nice job

|uK|Grimreaper
04-28-2012, 01:24 AM

about the only thing i would prefer is the middle to be water instead of hurting u but regardless nice job

did u notice kenneths voice saying how u doing lmfao

.seVered.][
04-28-2012, 01:30 AM

I know, isn't that cool... gee I wonder who had the audacity to put Clan voices in Clan maps... :0

I wanted MORE voices, as always... but this was just a test to see how it came out. The volume level had to be adjusted but the speed of the recording came out a little odd. so it's a sounds little faster than the recording.

I'll keep nagg'n to get more new maps and on getting some more voices into them.

Thanks again ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} < Cudos...

.seVered.][
04-28-2012, 02:30 AM

what if we make the water in the middle >>> HEAL YOU instead... HA HA HA ...that would be weird...imagine the jousting that would go on.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
04-28-2012, 08:16 AM
nooooo
remove that neutron room D:
how we gonna defend the base now? lol
it only help attackers players

|uK|kenneth
04-28-2012, 09:15 AM

huh? what

|uK|Grimreaper
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
ye kenneth when at the mid spawn if u go to the bottom to pickup the spawns you hear ur voice xD

|uK|kenneth
04-28-2012, 01:29 PM
seriously lmfao i have to check that out

|uK|Grimreaper
04-28-2012, 03:38 PM
hahaha ye do that xD

.seVered.][
04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
seriously lmfao i have to check that out

Seriously... it was from last summer, PUG match with alpha, moskva, several other's... and me.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-29-2012, 07:17 AM
severed passsed me a few clips, i edited them for import and decided "how you doin" would work well when picking up middle spawn, i would have put more in but wanted to see reaction first.

|uK|Grimreaper
04-29-2012, 10:10 PM
everyone liked it lol