PDA

View Full Version : Someone hacking the server

ChanClan
03-21-2012, 02:39 AM
I was in observe mode watching DH|Everest map... and 3 minutes before it ended... suddenly 80% packet loss and then CRASH... The server reset and then this...

Pacific Standard Time.

SAM
03-21-2012, 03:25 AM
What's the issue there? $carface_is_a_faggot has been refused access?

The guy is just banned.

ChanClan
03-21-2012, 03:36 AM
What's the issue there? $carface_is_a_faggot has been refused access?

The guy is just banned.

it's not just that guy.. shortly before that happened... there was severe lag issues ...then the server crashed.... then he connected...

just saying..might not be coincident.

SAM
03-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh right. Ok I am setting up crash logs so that I can investigate these crashes.

ChanClan
03-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh right. Ok I am setting up crash logs so that I can investigate these crashes.

I have seen several of these type's of crashes in the past, most do not include someone who is banned after the crash connecting repeatedly. And the crashes have been on random maps, or at least I can see no disernible (perceptable) pattern.

|uK|Grimreaper
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
thats infesticidde i believe?

ChanClan
03-21-2012, 09:59 PM
thats infesticidde i believe?

Speculation... Jury is instructed to disregard all comments from Grimreaper...

just how would you know that? Actually, that's the reason I brought the issue up... so we can track down the hoodlum's and maybe get someone to "play" with...or at the least point at and say HE DID IT. Probably the latter, since we don't "HARASS" people that try to hack us...

Keith
03-22-2012, 07:16 AM
He's always trolling and talking shit, so it might be him

ChanClan
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
He's always trolling and talking shit, so it might be him

That's true, but he won't be trolling much any more... *wink...

Moskva
03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe not in the server, but I'm sure he's got access to other things

nOs*Wildcard
03-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe not in the server, but I'm sure he's got access to other things
One of those things would not be a life however.

Moskva
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
I meant IRC and TS but oh well

Zim
03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Yay sites back :)

lol I started a bitch n moan thread over @ UU
I go by the name of DiViNiTyS-CrEaTuRe ova there.

People need to accept their bans and try to appeal them instead of acting like you guys don't have the right to refuse service for there bad behavior.

SAM
03-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Ah it was you lol. Our (or even my) favourite fan, Qwerty fancied some trolling.

Anyhow, yeah the site is back. Working to ensure to stop the DDoSes too. Thanks to the host, they are being great!

We are setting up a dedicated redirect away from here so that when or if we do get DDoS'd again, the redirect will never go down.

Honestly though, most people who do/have appealed their ban, if you look historically we have almost always unbanned them - where they were being genuine.

These kids just dig themselves bigger holes really. Doesn't matter their shenanigans aren't working. Zim, if you think this is bad then well I wish you were around for the past 3 years lol

Zim
03-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Ive battled my own ddos issues over the years with my gameservers from partys who I have now made peace with.

Very similar issues so I can with empathize you on that one.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-24-2012, 08:12 AM
lol infanticide messaged me the other day begging me to unban him >:[

ChanClan
03-24-2012, 03:03 PM

Isn't there some way to put that on a WALL AD in the game or something... or post it..

That would be cool... Walls in the Maps that are "postable" from the Forum (moderated of course). Like the BAN Forum :) showing on the wall.. call it the WALL of SHAME.

nOs*Wildcard
03-25-2012, 08:26 AM

ROFL!!! I continue laughing >:P Nice.