PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the tournament...and stuff about camping

Cent
02-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Let me introduce myself first. I've been playing Unreal since the single player came out in 1998. Then onto UT as soon as it came out in 1999. Won some championships with C1 for a few years then quit in 2003. I was a member and co-founder of ISV-K for Unreal and member of The Chosen Ones for UT. I played on and off for a few more years then became a World of Warcraft addict from 2004 to 2008. I then went back to Unreal single player for a while and then back to UT late last year.

I am also a moderator on the Prounreal forum and I have been trying to garner interest for Siege for a few months now. The problem is the egotistical bastids from Prounreal need to be smacked a bit from you guys before they get their dander up. Otherwise they wont bother. I know some of you guys are familiar with Prounreal and their players. MLIG for instance. The problem is the communities on Prounreal itself are already fractured between UT CTF/TDM(IG and reg weapons), UT2K4, and a smaller part of UT3.

I believe, with some help from you guys, I could get quite a few people over here from Prounreal. I also believe that the system that's already in place for MLIG would be able to help you guys out too. It all depends on the MLIG guys I guess but I don't see why they wouldn't help out. They have the experience in setting up these tournaments that would be of great help to you all. My suggestion is to ask for help if needed.

One thing about me, I have always aliased 8)
My names have been scratchy, scoobysnax, itchy, Tony, Wolfgang, tiny, civie, Tooly and other naughty names I wont mention here.

Ok on to CAMPING. This area is so undefined it's baffling. I see people camping all the time. Everywhere. In the middle on Blackriver, or the two tops with containers and protectors. On the top of their base, or on the ramp of Mcshitty. Camping is everywhere and there is no specific definition on what it exactly is.

For example, about a week ago. I'm playing the middle hallway in Bathrooms. No where near my main base. JD goes ballistic on me and says he's going to ban me for camping the middle hallway. He said it was because we had a protector up near the middle of the map. Butcher disagreed and saved my ass. He said how could I be camping the middle. It's the middle. Protector or not. That's like saying you can't camp the 2 tops in the middle of the map in Blackriver, protectors or not. It made no sense to me. This is a BIG issue which really needs to be addressed before a tournament starts. (This in no way reflects anything bad about JD. He may have been in a pissed off mood. He usually is a fun guy to play with.)

Look at it this way, if your team camps they can't hurt your core. They hardly get any RU. BUT you DO need defense. You DO need builders. You DO need someone to protect the base and make sure your constructs are not being destroyed. How do you do this and not be a camper? Someone HAS to make sure your base if safely maintained. Otherwise why bother building stuff if you are only going to let the other team destroy it?

There are a few other things I would like to have an open discussion about. Especially the camping part. You guys have been a lot of fun to play with, cept Osyris who calls me a noob, then I pop his head off 5 times in a row ;)

Grimpeeper is a lot of fun too, and Mee. Jadey is a blast to play against and gets headshotted by my chainsaw. True story 8) Lots of all around fun with you guys. Lets make it better.

[R]^Osyris
02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
lol who are you??? im not remember call much players noob....go away

Cent
02-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Go away? Ok not a problem

|uK|MiniWick
02-20-2011, 08:32 PM
haha Firstly Welcome to the cominity , looks like a long lost stranded UT player. If u really wanna start a huge discussion . Good luck ^^

Sakura
02-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Civie your the guy that made the two containers, protected and booster in the big bathrooms map. You know you can use impact hammer to get up there right. -.-

|uK|Chronox
02-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Well welcome to the forums ! and yeah i have seen u ingame, lets hope what u say about camping doesnt make trouble in the tournament.

areku
02-20-2011, 09:38 PM
now That was a long post..
My list of campers :p

Campers:
1. The normal camper.
He will crouch thinking he wont be seen.

2. The corner camper.
Same as 1 but in a corner.

3. The ninja camper.
This camper will make use of the shadows to camouflage and not be seen while camping.

4. The door camper.
This camper will spam the door. (niven)

5. The bug camper
This camper will use zp bug to not be killed.

6. The im not camping camper
This camper will camp and will say he isnt camping.

7. The smart camper
This camper will say he was just leeching the buildings while he was really camping.

8. The fast camper
This camper will be so fast camping that you wont have time to see he was camping.

9. The I dont even camper
This camper will say he didnt know camping wasnt allowed.

10. The first time camper
This camper will say he only did it once so that doesnt count.

11. The I camp because others do camper
This camper excuse will be that the enemy team has 4 campers so he camps too.

12. The minigun camper
He will wait behind a super protector to kill people when they have 10 HP.

13. The sniper sup camper
He will wait for the players to get inside the supplier to make a MONSTER KILL with them.

14. The sup spam camper.
Same as 13 but with bio or rockets or any splash weapon.

15. The core camper
He will make a sup inside core room and standing in it will shoot nonstop the entrance of the room. (hillforts)

16. The Teleport camper.
He will telecamp you with the impact hammer.

17. The water camper.
He will kill you while you are swimming

18. The random spawner camper
He will make a mini base on the random spawner and wont leave it ever.

Pro campers:
1. The camper camper
This camper will camp to kill another camper.

2. The warhead camper
This camper will wait for you to take that invincible warhead you made to kill you.

3. The game finish camper.
This camper will kill you with a nuke when there are only 20 seconds left.

4. The combo nukes camper.
This camper will camp with combos the only entrance a guided warhead would use.

No Campers:
1. The leecher camper
He wont camp you but your buildings.

2. The in front of you camper
He will kill you being in front of you but you will still say he was camping.

3. The hero nocamper
He will just come to kill the camper.

etc.. will edit if I think of more

in face, killing from 2nd and top floors, 1st I guess if you dont stop moving its not.
minicivil, from the 2 towers or at the top your base.
bluevember, combos/rockets in stairs.
any map with mountains, killing people from the mountains.

so for me camping is:
killing someone while not being able to be killed at all by the person you are killing

Cent
02-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Awesome reply areku 8)

Basically anyone can be killed no matter what or where they camp. If they are not helping their team then they should be removed.

Also what Chronox said about possible future problems in the tournament. There should be specific rules on what camping is, especially for the new people who don't know what's "between the lines" or not.

I see a camper as a guy who sits in one spot and snipes while doing nothing else. A guy like this gets minimal points and does not help his team at all. He builds nothing and wastes a spot on your team.

Then you have a team who takes over a strategic spot on a map. They build SP/containers. They "camp" there and shoot anyone they can. Are they campers? If one person protects this area is he/she a camper?

They can be taken out but sometimes at much cost in RU.

I only bring this up because I see many different types of camping, much like areku wrote about 8)

This makes it very confusing at times. When can I defend my base, repair, build, snipe a bit when extra RU needed, and not be called a camper?

Cent
02-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Civie your the guy that made the two containers, protected and booster in the big bathrooms map. You know you can use impact hammer to get up there right. -.-

Yes I realize that. I still need to learn a lot more tho.

I also hate the tri weapon use that is rampant. I wont mention names but many clan members do it. Is there a way to stop it?

SilverWing
02-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Yes I realize that. I still need to learn a lot more tho.

I also hate the tri weapon use that is rampant. I wont mention names but many clan members do it. Is there a way to stop it?

We dont care much about multigunning in the public server.... but in pugs and tour nament its illegal and u will be kicked out

the only reason we let be in the public server is because sometimes it gets a lil to leechly and hard to kill buildings.... so multigunning helps a lil

JD
02-21-2011, 12:47 AM
tooly, the only reason why i disagree with camping half way in bathrooms is when a team is pressing so much they have no containers and super supplier left. Once this situation happens the team should be going for the core, theres nothing else left. I warned you because you didnt even come into our base to check whats left. sorry if i offended you, just alot of people have been laming lately. They constantly nuke the supplier when the game could be ended with one nuke. As i recall i warned a few people on that team. BTW did not mean to go ballistic just sucks when you enter a game on a team that has no supplier and people nuke the wall where the sniper would be...... what sort of help do you need??? if it deals with how to play siege let me know i can try to help.

Cent
02-21-2011, 12:53 AM
We dont care much about multigunning in the public server.... but in pugs and tour nament its illegal and u will be kicked out

the only reason we let be in the public server is because sometimes it gets a lil to leechly and hard to kill buildings.... so multigunning helps a lil

Silver, some guys do it all the time. Even at the start of the game....................cough cough BLS Jade and EOW whathisname. Jeez I can make a list :(

lercs12
02-21-2011, 12:59 AM
I remember that in a Monster Hunt server, if u try to multigun, u lose all your wearpons, and u cant get them back, untill u get some new ones, and also everyone could see that u try to multigun in a big message in the screen, u should do something like that

Cent
02-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Just caught your reply JD. I'm still learning the ropes about building placement and what's best to use and where. Otherwise I'm confused about certain rules and what's considered right and wrong.

Who will defend my constructs if I don't? Another team mate? Is he camping too? No matter where they are placed they need to be defended. Yes or no? This is where I get confused. I'm very competitive and I like to take over a strategic area and then defend it. Is this wrong or right? I dunno.

I see people taking over the two tops in Blackriver, or the side mountains too. They camp and protect their constructs. But they REALLY camp. They snipe from there and kill people. To me it seems to be the same as the middle of Bathrooms but bathrooms is even harder cause it's on level ground.

Again it's a bit confusing to me. The line seems to be off on what's good and what's bad. Should there be a rule that says no other constructs be built away from the main base unless it's a teleporter with containers? Do you build stuff in the middle of the map and then NOT defend it? It can't be just me that's confused here :(

B|iss
02-21-2011, 01:35 AM
I think both JD's and Tooly's points are valid. But i'd have to side with JD not cause he's uK too but he did say the team had no conts/SS. So i feel it's kinda laming? or keeping the game last longer when its not needed to.

Cent
02-21-2011, 01:51 AM
No Bliss, this is not about what happened with JD and myself. It's about the rules of camping and how they should be defined. If I was a Siege pro I would want to make it impossible for the other team to get out of their base. I would build anything possible to force them to stay in their base.

But I'm not a pro and I'm confused by the rules is all. This is not a JD and Tooly thing by any means.

B|iss
02-21-2011, 02:36 AM
I judge them as staying in a spot for a period of time, unseen by enemy. If they die and return to that spot, I would consider that as camping. Anything else I don't.

Lol nowadays when I'm in spec, campers don't even crouch anymore, they just stand especially in Ctf- face where there is always a problem. You know in a game of 24 players, there's bound to be at least 1 camper.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2011, 10:49 AM
well i define a camper as the following

hes made buildings somewhere crucial i.e. the top in blackriver <<< thats fine
hes now shooting buildings <<< thats fine
hes saw a few players come out of there base or in his sight <<< hes shot one of them <<< thats fine
but now hes constantly going for players <<<<< thats camping

you can defend your buildings if someones attacking them <<< yes
youve made containers super pros in the middle of bathrooms and just waiting beside it with pulse or minigun <<<< camping

your standing on the top of face shooting anyone coming out of the enemy base <<< camping
your standing shooting buildings from your base map is Face <<<< thats fine

basically if you going for the enemies buildings its not considered camping

you can stay in a certain spot for 10-20 seconds any longer then that is considered camping, you constantly go to the same spot and stand there shooting people <<< camping

you abuse the zpbug on some maps <<< camping

your on the mountains on hillforts building a mine tele container super pro whatever, you then stay up there shooting the enemies buildings <<< thats fine

your on the mountains shooting players that spawn on hillforts <<< camping

your shooting an enemy that is shooting your buildings to kill the tele or yourself because you are camping the spawn points <<< camping

youve made a mini base on blackriver in the powerups area and you stay there crouching and shooting players from that area to the enemies base <<< camping

lercs12
02-21-2011, 10:57 AM
In bathrooms sometimes a lot of players of the other team will atack at the same time, if u go to the thing where u snipe, an stay there till the other team stop the atack thats camping???

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2011, 11:32 AM
as long as your not shooting anyone yeah thats fine

lercs12
02-21-2011, 11:36 AM
-_-

so,.... isnt that hiding???

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM
yes

mostro
02-21-2011, 03:58 PM
when you multigun you get RU quicker don't you?

i mean, i don't think that most players multigun for a strategic purpose, i think is just for getting RU faster than single gunning, not for destroying enemies buildings quicker

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2011, 04:54 PM
most people multigun to kill a vital building quicker its not about ru the only time ive seen someone multigun for RU is in leech