PDA

View Full Version : GU zp.iCTF I - SIGNUPS OPEN

SilverWing
04-17-2012, 03:19 AM
As promised a few weeks ago, Global Unreal will be hosting a 5v5 zp.iCTF league. I will open signups today and keep them open for the next 3-4 weeks depending on how many players signup. I'm looking to attract all of the premiere talent and will start really pumping promotions in the next few weeks.

The page to signup is here:
http://globalunreal.com/leagues/signup.php

The player list is here:
http://globalunreal.com/leagues/signups.php

On the signup page, you can post your preferred position and comments about your availability. This is to help captains make wise decisions; however if you post that you can't play at certain times and end up consistently showing up, you risk removal/suspension/inflated value.

A quick Q&A:

Q: What locations will be used as servers for matches?
A: East Coast: NY, VA, ATL.

Q: I'm not a top player, will I still be able to play?
A: I have a few ideas on how to get everyone involved. I will outline them in the coming weeks and base my decision off of the feedback that I receive.

Q: How many teams will there be?
A: It all depends on how many signups we have.

Q: I would like to captain/admin?
A: On the signup sheet, it will ask you if you are interested in filling either position. The head admin will then review the candidates and make his selection. I haven't filled my admin staff yet and am looking for only the most qualified captains. Weak and unprepared captains = a weak league.

Q: What day will matches be on?
A: Primarily on Sunday. More info to come.

Q:Will acro be playing in GU.iCTF.I?
A: No.

That should cover some of the basics.

Some things to look forward to:

*An All Star game before the playoffs and a Skills Competition. The Skills Competition is an entirely new concept for UT and I'll post more about it once the season starts.

*Streams. Torch is setting up a sexy stream page and we have a few fun ideas for how to do shoutcasts.

*Cumulative stats. iCTF and future leagues will keep track of the top fraggers/cappers/etc. to ever grace the league. Want your name at the top of the list? Better get busy.

*Awards. I haven't finalized the award list but will when the season starts. Some will be decided through votes or stats and we will also keep track of All Stars for the season.

*New servers. I have been researching hosting companies and am expecting a large spike in activity for this community. We will be going with the best and most reliable servers and host them from a variety of locations.

*Increased activity. My goal is to have 200+ people idling in #iPug and pick-up-games of all varieties running non-stop. We have 100+ people during downtime, so I think my goal is attainable. Optimism meets delusion but I have a good feeling.

*New maps/mods/content/tournaments. This doesn't really pertain to the upcoming season but I still figured that I would mention it. KHXMZ is already in the process of editing shockDOM maps and I will try to organize a double-elimination shockDOM tournament at the end of this season. In July, KOTR II will also return.

If anyone has questions/comments or would just like to some feedback, feel free to do so.

Happy fragging,

PACO

SilverWing
04-17-2012, 03:24 AM

|uK|Grimreaper
04-17-2012, 04:09 AM
gay paco

SAM
04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
I will play in this for uK. I can hold my own in IG.

Also tell paco our IG servers can be made available if needed

SilverWing
04-17-2012, 02:16 PM
kk...also think u can advertise it on combo and ig server?

TDNConvict
04-17-2012, 03:39 PM
probably will be a chicago server as well.. at least i'm pushing paco for a decent one

|uK|Rays
04-17-2012, 05:47 PM
I'll sign up.

SAM
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Our US server is in Ashburn VA - If required

SilverWing
04-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Bump! If some people didnt c this

Signup Count = 101

SogeKing
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Insta tourney...I thought there was one already?...how can you play on Two tournaments lol

Also if I sign up I will demand to be a starter...my skillz are not made to warm up benches...

am a UT stud ffs! 8)

Moko
04-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Lol what pride you have Hector. =P

I read this and was like OMD SW CAPS-ed HIS "I" then I read at the end Paco and was like GAH oh well. xD

Shotman
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Alright here are the teams for this league

TEAM FALLACY ($8200)
unrealshots
FALLACY
carras
torch
dawn_g
kud
slayer
nfrs
grimreaper
svelty`

TEAM INSANITY ($8188)
insanity
dewsick
billzzz
keung
meth
e|ite
rusty2280
diff`lx
sovvie
igna

TEAM CY ($8054)
Cy
junkyardboy
rum
banko
death4of4
heat`
windigo
psychonoy
pacsol
neddy

TEAM BEAR ($8148)
Bear
bbz
fish
mrgrins
nanm
tony`
xpohb
dem`
bigboss
KRM`

TEAM CSN ($8178)
csnafk
Pete
Sezco24
Deceived
anty
whitechocakagod
faithless
v1viper
war
killemall

TEAM PACO ($8167)
PACO
Morpheus
vitz^
rootsoft
blackout\\
freak
maber
wut
freeze
nucky
wut

TEAM HUMPTY ($8131)
HuMPtY
kylewins
ttat
AnNiHiLaToR
Raildemon
shotman
casake
volcanic
lovely
linoleum

TEAM CRUNK ($8127)
crunk
infamousraider
spydee
krazyaim
convict
kappa|^
capello
bigv
se7en
paulie4567

TEAM IMPERIOUS ($8191)
Imperious
sorn
ph34r
sauron
toymac
silverwing
lp
larmor`
crp51
trianglechoke

TEAM RAIN ($8110)
rain
Serenity
Sunny
Feisar
n0b
holdup
oskr
chicken-
Slayer.
R1cKJam3s

For more news go here (http://globalunreal.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14)

--- Updated ---

ps. shiva is sad that he did not get drafted, but they could still pick him up by trading so don't be sad