PDA

View Full Version : bouncing

kokett
06-08-2012, 10:21 AM
hi,

how is bouncing handled on your server? i watched at least 2 guys who used this glitch to make their team cap, recorded a demo of one of em where he did it at least 3 times at coret-3on3.

just for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SM9kMdcy4II

I really feel like taken for a ride watching them.
on every server i played in the past it was illegal to take advantage of that bug (no idea how its handled on bt-servers tho, i dont care).

|uK|Grimreaper
06-08-2012, 10:29 AM
lol

|uK|kenneth
06-08-2012, 10:47 AM
some people can do it some people cant, and only the people that cant bounce for shit are crying the fuck out of it... JESUS!

SAM
06-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Actually on instagib and combo servers, it's illegal to bounce. Please make sure you frap or make reports of the people who are bouncing and they will be banned.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Actually on instagib and combo servers, it's illegal to bounce. Please make sure you frap or make reports of the people who are bouncing and they will be banned.

this.

Shotman
06-08-2012, 03:39 PM
if its illegal, i want a rematch grim where you dont frog hop to the flag and cap it

|uK|Grimreaper
06-08-2012, 04:34 PM
LOL HEAT HAHAHAHAHAHA

SAM
06-08-2012, 05:48 PM
FYI no warnings about bouncing. Straight up ban. Count this as warning.

SilverWing
06-08-2012, 06:32 PM
FYI no warnings about bouncing. Straight up ban. Count this as warning.

might want to advertise this rule on the server... most people come register here and check

AuSSiE^uK
06-08-2012, 07:01 PM
(Off topic) I couldn't help but notice Hall of Giants was in the vid.. We NEED this map.

SAM
06-09-2012, 04:19 AM
It is advertised on !rules

A^3
06-09-2012, 04:25 AM
Ban bouncing on siege aswell. Without bouncing Grim can only resort to aliasing to stack teams. Even then he's gets destroyed unless hes on Teamspeak and on the same team as other uK members.

|uK|kenneth
06-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Ban bouncing on siege aswell. Without bouncing Grim can only resort to aliasing to stack teams. Even then he's gets destroyed unless hes on Teamspeak and on the same team as other uK members.

some time ago here was a poll about this and bouncing on siege (public server) won so

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3655/pedobear10.jpg

|uK|Grimreaper
06-09-2012, 05:08 PM
some time ago here was a poll about this and bouncing on siege (public server) won so

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3655/pedobear10.jpg

whats the pic cant see it

and a3 dont hate dude its a skill

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-10-2012, 08:00 AM
whats the pic cant see it

and a3 dont hate dude its a skill

yeah binding a button to bounce is so much skill why didnt i see this earlier!

RETARD

|uK|kenneth
06-10-2012, 09:09 AM
yeah binding a button to bounce is so much skill why didnt i see this earlier!

RETARD

if you think its not that hard why did i never saw you bouncing?

|uK|chiseller
06-10-2012, 10:25 AM
lol.
Bouncing is just mouse wheel jumping. If you think that's hard then shooting a combo must be rocket science for you.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-10-2012, 11:02 AM
lol.
Bouncing is just mouse wheel jumping. If you think that's hard then shooting a combo must be rocket science for you.

EXACTLY

and kenneth i have done it once on bt on that stupid map grim loves to bounce on i forgot the name of the map

|uK|kenneth
06-10-2012, 11:33 AM
EXACTLY

and kenneth i have done it once on bt on that stupid map grim loves to bounce on i forgot the name of the map

slidebitch how can you forget this map...

|uK|Grimreaper
06-11-2012, 05:19 PM
just stop crying -.-

SAM
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
It is actually quiet annoying grim and likely will be actually against rules in siege soon. A server with 10 bunny hoppers with the remaining twelve who don't know how to do it would become extremely frustrating. And the fact you keep doing it will just make it more and more widespread as others seek to gain the advantage of basically a free speed relic. "skill" or not, UT was not inteded to be played this way.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-11-2012, 06:47 PM
i never realised it was a bad thing, i thought it was similar to wall jumps, its necessary to use bouncing in some BT maps (slidebitch, speedrun etc.)

easy to do as well, set mousewheel down to jump and hold walk (some dont use walk but it helps the bounce for some)

guess i better stop doing that on ig server then (only use it on BridgeWoot)

the vid is far fetched too, it would be impossible to do that constantly in a populated server.

Moskva
06-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Ok this is stupid as chewing metal, I'm not a bouncing homo or something, but as explained before just need to bind it, and if you think a bind to bounce is an unfair advantage, what goes for the rocket cannons bind, its either both or none

Moko
06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Ok this is stupid as chewing metal, I'm not a bouncing homo or something, but as explained before just need to bind it, and if you think a bind to bounce is an unfair advantage, what goes for the rocket cannons bind, its either both or none.
Some people want that banned too.
Binds are concidered gay to some people. :\

SAM
06-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Stock UT comes with binds though. It does not come with a bouncing glitch.

|uK|Cube
06-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Stock UT comes with binds though. It does not come with a bouncing glitch.
Say what, building trough walls is not glitching either? Or pulsing trough walls? And not to mention overpowered trans lvl 5 in siege?
Or boosting with rockets so you do not need the superbooster? Or bio rifle jumps? Or invisible sc's? Or double amp ( mid + build )?
Or insta + perfect hammerjump keybind? Might aswell think about this :>

Solution "set input (key name) jump|jump|jump|jump"

|uK|Grimreaper
06-12-2012, 07:34 PM
well im not even bouncing the last few months that much anymore only 1 bounce thats it

idk why this subject is back open agian -.-
the guy who opened this topic was asking something else.

Moko
06-12-2012, 10:58 PM
the guy who opened this topic was asking something else.
Idd, Srsly. lol

|uK|kenneth
06-13-2012, 01:14 AM

yeah.

SAM
06-13-2012, 04:09 AM
Say what, building trough walls is not glitching either? Or pulsing trough walls? And not to mention overpowered trans lvl 5 in siege?
Or boosting with rockets so you do not need the superbooster? Or bio rifle jumps? Or invisible sc's? Or double amp ( mid + build )?
Or insta + perfect hammerjump keybind? Might aswell think about this :>

Solution "set input (key name) jump|jump|jump|jump"

actually a lot of map authors built their maps to allow building through walls. Pulsing through Walls is fixed but waiting for sw to get his butt in gear. Trans isn't bugged. It's just how it is coded in siege so it is overpowered if anything

|uK|Cube
06-13-2012, 06:21 AM
actually a lot of map authors built their maps to allow building through walls. Pulsing through Walls is fixed but waiting for sw to get his butt in gear. Trans isn't bugged. It's just how it is coded in siege so it is overpowered if anything
Well most authors are forced to do so, because if you want to make it so you cannot build trough you need ALOT brushes wich are at one point colliding with eachother and mostly when 3 brushes collide at a points the engine crashes for unkown reason. ( atleast that's what it does for me )