PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

Higor
06-03-2012, 05:53 PM
You place 2 sticky objects on walls (like the camera in old siege), and anything that crosses between them receives 10-60 damage, depending on both object's level.
The laser can be nearly invisible while the wall stickys glow and get destroyed easily.
Distance limitations, damage amounts and other things to be discussed...

Second idea: special volumes:
- Slow Field: when you enter them everything becomes slow, including projectiles. These can be harmed if you hit the small center inside.
Hitscan weapons could be nullified (optional) when you fire from outside to inside or the other way around, needs some research. Also, instead of nullifying the hitscan fire, it can actually harm the volume core (damage scaled to 20%).
- Force field: we already have one, but we could use a version that allows firing from the inside of it.
- Portable force field: small, it stickies to the owner, and can take up to 100-300 damage, owner can't fire or he will harm the force field (can be hacked to allow nukes to fire without problems).
- Portable slow field: big, has timer (1-3 minutes) and can take 1000 hitscan damage, useful to force enemies to charge against the user (anti-sniper choice).
- Disruptor field: can be placed to push incoming projectiles away, needs hitscan weapons to harm it.
- Portable Fire disruptor: moves non-hitscan projectiles away from owner, requires hitscan weapons to kill him.
- Portable projectile magnet: Works like a force field, but attracts projectiles towards the owner, can take 200-700 damage, 20% of that damage is taken by owner, useful to protect nuking/flaming teammates.
- Booby trap: user gets killed and explodes.

Special explosives:
- Earthquake generator: useful to shake campers.
- Portable shaker: like the above but portable and with less radius.

Strategies will vastly vary when using this, imagine a projectile magnet divertine nukes away from the core, or a disruptor on it, or 2 dudes boobytrapping a supermine on a teleporter...
Also, mid could spawn some portable volumes as well so they don't need to be built all the times.

Limitations: special fields have minimum distance requirements among themselves to prevent exploits, huge RU cost including upgrades, only one volume per user, can't be used with any kind of suit (shield belt allowed).

EDIT:
Prototypes done so far:
Water Field (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/WaterField.u) (summon WaterField.sgWaterField)
AntiGravity modules (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/AntiGravity.u) (summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityPlatform) (summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityGear)
HoverBoard (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/HoverBoard.u) (summon HoverBoard.sgHoverBoard)

Feralidragon
06-04-2012, 07:30 AM
- Wall laser: I also thought about that once, but it's not that easy to do, as you either have several small collision hulls, or you have to trace everything single tick (with the latter some projectiles may pass with no problems at all, since it depends on tick and their speed, thus it's not guaranteed they would be detected), or worse, you would have to track pawns and projectile positions and movements (basically do your own custom collision physics with uscript).
You will have to think very well on this one.

- Slow field: Creavion requested me that one once. Never did it because it would cause a huge number of problems, besides being almost impossible to make one with regular uscript:
* Slow player movement: good luck, honestly. You would have to slow down movement, aim, etc, which ends up being laggy (the player updates this stuff, then you would have to forcefully update this as well). Given that Siege is a gametype, you can do a new tournamentplayer subclass though to better manage this though, but even so...
* Weapons: firerate, select anims, etc, unless you subclass all the UT weapons (and ZP) you cannot make them slower (well, you have the AnimRate var, not sure if this affects anything during the animation course though, you may try it);
* Gravity: anything natively affected by gravity is impossible to control, unless you forcefully update their locations/speed, which is not advisable anyway for some reasons, being one: events (landing, hitwall, etc);
* Effects: good luck slowing them down (aka subclassing them all to support that);
* Tickrate controlled stuff in all these: again, unless you subclass them, anything they have on tick or timer will still be as fast. Lifespan is also based on tickrate, so inside a slow field things would have to last more, but for this you could just adjust the lifespan of the actor.
Personally, I think you should quit slow field idea (at least at uscript level), unless you have already a solid plan to do it or limit it to just the few actually doable things :)

- Forcefield: I already did that for my mod tbh. But to do that you either have to subclass all the projectiles to ignore the forcefield in that situation, or on touch (from outside in) or a visiblecollidingactors, you trigger the explode function in all the projectiles (except translocator and a few others which have to be specially handled). But then this creates the issue with hitscan: anything hitscan will pass, if you make it so it cannot pass, then projectiles may or not leave the forcefield successfully.
Again, no easy solution on this one.

- As for the others, they're ok to do (some more, others less, some have the limitations mentioned above).

Don't get me wrong though, I also think they are nice ideas, but from my point of view, some of them simply aren't doable in plain uscript, and going native should not be considered an option for an online mod like this imo.

SAM
06-04-2012, 11:09 AM
You place 2 sticky objects on walls (like the camera in old siege), and anything that crosses between them receives 10-60 damage, depending on both object's level.
The laser can be nearly invisible while the wall stickys glow and get destroyed easily.

This is a good idea...however focusing on attack when defence is actually very weak is not the best idea imo. Also, how large will these be? How easy to kill, 100hp?

- Slow Field: when you enter them everything becomes slow, including projectiles. These can be harmed if you hit the small center inside.
Hitscan weapons could be nullified (optional) when you fire from outside to inside or the other way around, needs some research. Also, instead of nullifying the hitscan fire, it can actually harm the volume core (damage scaled to 20%).

Isn't this similar to poison guardian?

- Force field: we already have one, but we could use a version that allows firing from the inside of it.

I think the current forcefield should allow shooting through it anyway. This would prevent a new build

- Portable force field: small, it stickies to the owner, and can take up to 100-300 damage, owner can't fire or he will harm the force field (can be hacked to allow nukes to fire without problems).
- Portable slow field: big, has timer (1-3 minutes) and can take 1000 hitscan damage, useful to force enemies to charge against the user (anti-sniper choice).
- Disruptor field: can be placed to push incoming projectiles away, needs hitscan weapons to harm it.
- Portable Fire disruptor: moves non-hitscan projectiles away from owner, requires hitscan weapons to kill him.
- Portable projectile magnet: Works like a force field, but attracts projectiles towards the owner, can take 200-700 damage, 20% of that damage is taken by owner, useful to protect nuking/flaming teammates.

Unsure about these but I suppose like with all new buildings, best to implement and test the concepts before brushing them aside. The booby trap is a good idea but it sounds like a mine unless you plan to make siege a little bit more interactive i.e. make some areas of the maps searchable with hidden goodies inside or something along those lines.

Special explosives:

What would the shake do? Move the camper/person? Or just shake the screen. If it is just a shake screen we actually have a warn mod that shakes client screen lol

Higor
06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
The booby trap would be another inventory item, when Destoyed() due to the owner getting killed it causes an explosion.
It basically turns the player into a walking grenade, did that once and it's pretty damn fun, not to mention that in Siege, you can develop a whole new sort of immolation tactics (LOL).

About the laser, spawning lots of 10x10 collision hulls in a straight line should solve the problem, using TraceActors will indeed allow some fast things to pass.
The health of the laser casters could be the same or at least 75% to that of a mine, so laser casters should always be rebuilt after a successful nuke.
BTW That's a nice there Feralidragon, didn't think about making the laser kill projectiles.

About the shaker/earthquake generator, Unreal's built in generator also made the player hop a little making it impossible to stand still in a certain location, just think of AS-Overlord in the main cannon room, defense became too difficult for snipers everytime the cannon fired.
We could simply make the earthquake generator cost 1000 RU and shake the entire map (only enemy players, 10 seconds) with huge strenght to make it extremely difficult to aim for defenders.
The portable shaker (600 RU?) would simply shake anyone at 500 points distance from the carrier for 1 minute, this way the portable shaker becomes an extremely useful accesory for skilled attackers.

I guess I'll have to brainstorm a little more with the volumes, I'll see what I come up with.

The point of these suggestions is to give more choices in attack and defense, so instead of mines, mines, mines, SP, mines, mines, SP, one could simply try and improvise defense methods, just as attack becomes more varied and less predictable.
Just think of Niven, a trapped team could really use some of the suggested items to it's advantage to get out of base.

EDIT:
Anyone thought of a Spiderman style hook as cheap locomotion method? Could work wonders in some open maps.
Primary click makes it a grappling hook, and secondary one would simply make the player hang (useful for air constructions).

EDIT 2:
Directional booster: works like a booster, but boosts in the direction builder was aiming, it would be like a one way super booster (with a little arrow to show where it boosts) costing halfway the amount of ru (800?).

Feralidragon
06-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I understand the "why" of these suggestions. I also always thought Siege could use of more attacking and defensive buildings.
Actually I thought in some, but they include the usage of vehicles and such to be fun (without vehicles they would be just plain overkill).

That booby trap one, that's basically the relic of revenge -> me likes.

I thought in a new kind of building: Nuclear Silo. The idea is to build a nuclear warhead silo, which after building you could setup time to launch and route to final destination (or the exact position it would automatically explode during that route). Once the time is up it would be automatically launched with great glory, from there it would be up to you and your team to protect the nuke from the enemy so it can go until the end. I was going to build this one in NW3, but I thought better and if I ever do this it will be in a new Siege-like gametype (it would be of no use in a weapon pack alone).

Other stuff I thought:
- Digger: A small controllable "thing" that would travel underground digging, and and could do just very small amounts of damage, or build very very basic stuff, as well as being a spy (could be destroyed by the enemy of course, the health would be very low as well).
- Air strike: I guess this one is obvious;
- A flying spy: a tiny controllable flying "thing" that could only be used to spy the enemy base (also destructible);
- A "jericho" (iron-man reference) kind of rocket (also deployable like the silo), but a lot weaker ofc;
- A clone (a non collidable copy of a player, running at a certain fixed offset from the player);
- Time bomb: a bit similar to your slow field, but it would be for the entire map, affecting everyone, and for a few seconds (totally doable). The only advantage your team would have would be run faster (basically the "same speed" as before, but coding wise faster to match the previous speed at the current time rate), and your team buildings would still repair at the same speed, as well as attacking, etc. The weapons would be slow though (because of the reasons I stated above, plus even if it was doable it would be overpowered);
- Something I call B.o.D. - Basically the ultimate offensive weapon that would cost the most RU (I won't enter in details about this one, but it's not a nuke, and you don't exactly fire it nor explode it, or anything like that, you cast it instead, it's something a bit twisted up :P);
- And many others

All of them feasible (I already thought how to do them), but so far didn't leave the drafts.

Like you I thought in many other different buildings, but most of them aren't doable for UT, unfortunately. :(

@EDIT1: Doesn't sound bad, but it would need at least 2/3 of the cost of a translocator (or the same cost).

@EDIT2: Funny though, I also thought on that one once, but then I thought it would be quite useless (specially if pointed in some useless direction, it could be actually annoying). Perhaps picking on that idea, I think someone here already suggested this: a booster that boosts enemies away (in the direction you build that booster).
The thing is, I think the player should be able to rotate that booster with the constructor.

Higor
06-04-2012, 02:12 PM
I thought in a new kind of building: Nuclear Silo. The idea is to build a nuclear warhead silo, which after building you could setup time to launch and route to final destination (or the exact position it would automatically explode during that route). Once the time is up it would be automatically launched with great glory, from there it would be up to you and your team to protect the nuke from the enemy so it can go until the end. I was going to build this one in NW3, but I thought better and if I ever do this it will be in a new Siege-like gametype (it would be of no use in a weapon pack alone).

So you record the route before firing and allow yourself to defend the nuke.

- A flying spy: a tiny controllable flying "thing" that could only be used to spy the enemy base (also destructible);

I like the idea, the old siege had a camera, making it nearly invisible would have served that purpose as well.

- A clone (a non collidable copy of a player, running at a certain fixed offset from the player);

Duke nukem 3d!!

- Something I call B.o.D. - Basically the ultimate offensive weapon that would cost the most RU (I won't enter in details about this one, but it's not a nuke, and you don't exactly fire it nor explode it, or anything like that, you cast it instead, it's something a bit twisted up :P);

Sounds like an explosive version of the BFG.

One thing it'd be nice to do as well is a ghost player, it works like racing games where you complete a lap and and a ghost car appears.
Here you'd place a Ghost Module (200 RU?), and start running, the following 60 or 90 seconds would be recorded (or until death), once recording finishes, you simply hit upgrade (100 ru) and an intangible clone starts running just like the recording.
On each upgrade the level would stay at 0 so you could fire an unlimited amount of decoys.

@EDIT2: Funny though, I also thought on that one once, but then I thought it would be quite useless (specially if pointed in some useless direction, it could be actually annoying). Perhaps picking on that idea, I think someone here already suggested this: a booster that boosts enemies away (in the direction you build that booster).
The thing is, I think the player should be able to rotate that booster with the constructor.

Nice.

Feralidragon
06-04-2012, 03:15 PM
So you record the route before firing and allow yourself to defend the nuke.
That's the idea. You don't need to defend it though (you can preset a "dodgeable" route like if you guided a regular nuke), but it certainly gives you room to do so.

Sounds like an explosive version of the BFG.
It's not explosive (well, not directly as a bomb). I can actually add that it's a living thing (a huge living thing) ;)
I would need to make the whole model and animations myself though, this is not a regular thing to have in a game.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-04-2012, 04:39 PM
PLEASE do not ADD A GRAPPLEHOOK TO SIEGE

.seVered.][
06-04-2012, 10:09 PM
The booby trap would be another inventory item, when Destoyed() due to the owner getting killed it causes an explosion.
It basically turns the player into a walking grenade, did that once and it's pretty damn fun, not to mention that in Siege, you can develop a whole new sort of immolation tactics (LOL).

This would be like "martyrdom" in Call of Duty? Which I do like... also the Claymore mine too from COD could be implemented.

The portable shaker (600 RU?) would simply shake anyone at 500 points distance from the carrier for 1 minute, this way the portable shaker becomes an extremely useful accesory for skilled attackers.

A minute is A LONG TIME in a siege game.
Maybe we could allow more than one FF or PG?

- Digger: A small controllable "thing" that would travel underground digging, and and could do just very small amounts of damage, or build very very basic stuff, as well as being a spy (could be destroyed by the enemy of course, the health would be very low as well).
- Air strike: I guess this one is obvious;
- A "jericho" (iron-man reference) kind of rocket (also deployable like the silo), but a lot weaker ofc;
- Time bomb: a bit similar to your slow field, but it would be for the entire map, affecting everyone, and for a few seconds (totally doable). The only advantage your team would have would be run faster (basically the "same speed" as before, but coding wise faster to match the previous speed at the current time rate), and your team buildings would still repair at the same speed, as well as attacking, etc. The weapons would be slow though (because of the reasons I stated above, plus even if it was doable it would be overpowered);
- And many others

These are great ideas too,
AIR STIKE (+5), Not too expensive or accurate.
FLYING SPY (+10), only if you can land on ANY surface. < LOVE IT.
A CLONE (like in Total RECALL) , neat.

Jeez, I work for 2 days and miss the entire party... AND ANYTHING with BOOBIES in it is gonna be a winner..(BoobyTrap)

|uK|Grimreaper
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Gamers that played red alert 2 and other versions will know this building

how about tesla coil buildings that shoot electric beams to the enemy players that come close to that building
its like a super protector but it only shoots 1 shot at a time that will do an amount of damage

isnt this a good idea ?

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-05-2012, 09:53 AM

how about tesla coil buildings that shoot electric beams to the enemy players that come close to that building
its like a super protector but it only shoots 1 shot at a time that will do an amount of damage

isnt this a good idea ?

no it came from a self confessed homo and is literally a stupid idea

nOs*Wildcard
06-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Excellent, Some Fresh Ideas For Siege! Good Thinking Higor, In adition to some of my undisclosed ideas this could make for a very diverse gameplay experience. New players may be overwhealmed with all the new stuff for Siege but I think it makes the game a lot more interesting. A good thread this is. BTW Slowfield FTW.

|uK|kenneth
06-05-2012, 02:34 PM

isnt this a good idea ?

hmm that would be funny lols

.seVered.][
06-05-2012, 04:41 PM
hmm that would be funny lols

I think the animation for this Tesla Coil would be HILARIOUS to make and watch.

|uK|Grimreaper
06-05-2012, 07:12 PM
why hate blaze i think its a good idea imo

audiosonic
06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
You think it's a good idea in your opinion

Cool story brah

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-06-2012, 10:06 AM
nooo, with this laser will be very hard take the core in some maps, imagine a laser near sps, 10 of life and the laser damage after, its like a super supermine huiasheui (for defend it you can just make a minishield in front of it), and the current siege is alrealdy too bad for finish the game in some maps, sp firing rate need be decreased and the repareble core disables all attacks/nuke attack on the cristal, in maps like simplex or niven the one way for win is destroy ALL the base before attack the core

|uK|Grimreaper
06-06-2012, 09:57 PM
i think the sp's radius has to be lower or something

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-07-2012, 07:31 AM
shut up just shut up

Higor
06-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Developing the Booby Trap shouldn't be too difficult.
The idea is a double explosion mechanic:
- 1 hitscan explosion, scaled by distance, 200 damage, 50(full effect) + 500 units radius (scaled to 0).
- 1 thru wall explosion, scaled by distance, 150 damage, 50(full effect) + 200 units radius (scaled to 0).

The point of 2 explosions is to make it more versatile, it would require extra tactical measures to use effectively so it isn't spammed that much in simple close combat.
The moderate damage is to prevent a SuperMine being destroyed by one Booby Trap, so teamwork will be needed.

I find 400 RU a reasonable price for it, upgrading it (40, 45, 50, 55, 60) might be used to modify damage and range from 100% to 125% (5% extra per upgrade).
If used effectively, up to half of the spent RU will be returned from additional kills and leech.

A small redeemer explosion effect can be used.

Tactical uses:
- Team immolation against SuperMines
- Immolation against incoming nukers.
- Charging against tightly defended bases.
- Charging out of a trapped base.
- Clearing mid in small maps.
- Getting killed by the strongest enemy and taking him/her with you.

A point of discussion: should the damage be the scaled down done in linearly? Or in square root fashion (1>0)?
The second one allows greater damage within middle distances.

Higor
06-07-2012, 04:43 PM
About the Slow Field, engine limitaions will make it impossible to replicate this feature, but I do have an alternate idea.

Remember DM-Pyramid?
There are nitrogen zones that make the players 'swim' in the air.
The Slow Field (or Water Field here) could be used to allow players to swim inside of it and make projectiles slower as well, hitscan weapons will have full effect thru it anyways.

It will take other fields into consideration so placing it near a forcefield or other volume will be impossible.
A mini shield can be placed at the center of the Water Field core to protect it from hitscan weapons and reducing damage from explosive projectiles.

The water field should be a 224 radius sphere, and its core a non-solid cube the 75% the size of a container.
For spheric collision, I will be using the same method implemented in the optimized version of the Mine, and player/projectile physics will be simulated clientside as well to prevent glitches.

Tactical uses of a Water Field:
- Delay translocating nukers.
- Make spamming less useful from one end to the other.
- Placing buildings anywhere inside the field sphere.
- Prevent enemies from boosting out of a teleporter-tunnel.
- Replacing SuperMines for teleporter defense since they are harder to kill by Booby Traps.
- Using it to fall from extreme altitudes without dying.

Attached screenshot of a 224 radius sphere compared to a player.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-07-2012, 05:07 PM
the above explanation helps this would be quite cool but maybe too futuristic for siege? IDK

Higor
06-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Water Field test:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/WaterField.u

Put WaterField.u in the /system folder, and run a map.
Insert a Water Field using SUMMON WATERFIELD.SGWATERFIELD.

You can break it as well.
Once you finished playing around with it, give me your opinions.
PD: The vertical swimming is kinda glitched, can't do anything about it.

Other ideas I had during the making of this:
AntiGravity Gear: Reduces gravity to owner (like antigrav mutator but only for the owner).
AntiGravity Platform: Place it, step on it, jump and as long as you stay above, gravity will be near zero (useful for unreachable zones, November anyone?).

.seVered.][
06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I think it should be more expensive than 400 RU. I like the translucent appearance, will it look lik that in a siege map though?

Higor
06-08-2012, 12:16 AM
AntiGravity platform and gear:

summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityPlatform
summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityGear

Code isn't polished, so don't try mixing both.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/AntiGravity.u

audiosonic
06-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I've played around with the waterfield and it could be quite useful in some situations, however if it's too cheap it can get abused a lot. I do like the idea, but I don't think it will get used a lot (just like the guardian in old siege).

But looking at your tactical uses, I just don't see this being used as much other than for fun purposes.

-Delay Translocating enemies (and even team-mates) => Looking at big maps, you won't stop them. Smaller maps, translocator doesn't get used.

-Break your fall => Could only be used in your OWN base, would save max 5 seconds, don't think it's worth the RU just for breaking your fall.

-Spamming less useful => It would just give you a little more time (if you get sup spammed) but otherwise it will reach the buildings anyways.

Those other tactical uses, I either don't get them, or would never use it that way :P

The antigrav thing is quite interesting, it would definitely get used in game. But I think the lowgrav GEAR shouldn't be in there, it's just too overpowered if you take it with other suits. Even without the suits, just pistonjumping will get you so far across, so unless it's gonna be 800+ or something it's gonna be overpowered.

The lowgrav platform could be helpful like you said for unreachable places and can be used multiple times so would be worth the RU I assume.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-08-2012, 09:32 AM
We have a jet pack and trans as well as boosting for hard to reach places...

Higor
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking with hoverboards, I'll do that next.

.seVered.][
06-08-2012, 01:19 PM
We have a jet pack and trans as well as boosting for hard to reach places...

Variety is the spice of life, what's the harm in having a choice. At least test it out before you condemn it.

*Notation: update the announcement (You've got the AntiGravity Gear instead of Armor).

Higor
06-08-2012, 06:31 PM
HoverBoard... not exactly a board but it hovers.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/HoverBoard.u
Command is:
summon HoverBoard.sgHoverBoard

Already has dedicated platform that forwards damage to it and FX.
The road kill hasn't been coded so you'll bounce when you hit someone.
Hit duck to make it go forward.
Frog leaping in water not done yet.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/HBoard.JPG

Skarn
06-14-2012, 04:03 AM
What do u think about making monster companions ingame for example:
Monsters category->SkaarjLord 500 RU
And then he is following you like a bot from single player and you can order him what to do.

.seVered.][
06-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Add ideas for Weapons in this thread.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
06-14-2012, 08:40 PM
one of my old favourites that i did about 4 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpMPt2XFzGk&feature=youtu.be

Krikor
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
rofl i like that

|uK|Grimreaper
06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
thats some hot shit

Higor
06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
If anyone played Blood 2 and grabbed "The Orb (http://blood.wiki-site.com/index.php/Orb)" then you'll get this instantly.

You build the weapon (can use the translocator model with some texture alterations) and grab it, let's say it comes with 1 - 5 rounds (depending on level?).
When you fire it, a mini orb/camera is thrown and you can fly it through the map, when it impacts with something, a 300 damage explosion occurs.

The orb should glow exactly like buildings do, only that it is very small.

Can be used for:
- Scouting enemy base.
- Destroying enemy nukes.
- Triggering mines (optional, can be coded to make a mine explode).
- Assassinating a nuker or flamer before this one leaves his base.
- Using it as mobile mine.

Other ideas:
When flying an orb, clicking fire when aiming at someone will lock aim on that individual, useful to attack a specific player or track someone using invisibility/translocator.
Also, when clicking alt-fire, the orb will stop moving in midair, turning it into a rotating camera, another click makes it move again, useful to warn teammates.

.seVered.][
06-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Excellent. It's an upgrade version of the 2g Camera weapon (which could also be used for a model and updated). I think we need an 'inside the egg' scrambler in Siege.

Krikor
06-21-2012, 04:39 PM
dude ur ideas arent bad but really flying it to kill nukes, cmon lets pretend ur playing bathrooms and there's like 5 nukes at the top of enemy base, and with this u kill all of them and u can attack players...?.......!!!!!!!!! is this rx? -_-

Banny
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
dude ur ideas arent bad but really flying it to kill nukes, cmon lets pretend ur playing bathrooms and there's like 5 nukes at the top of enemy base, and with this u kill all of them and u can attack players...?.......!!!!!!!!! is this rx? -_-

agreed. wHy you making it so easy? Let people waste RU on trans and try to kill it.

Higor
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Obviously Invincible nukes won't even receive a scratch, and a simple shot would instakill the orb so anyone with a Minigun or Shock Rifle at hand will be able to see it coming and kill it.
I think a base cost of 600 + 250 per upgrade would be fair enough, we must take into consideration that these orbs won't be able to open gates or travel through teleporters.
Since the player will be guiding it, it will be vulnerable to enemies, also, in order to abort guiding the little camera, switching weapons will suffice.

PD: Anyone thought of Unreal: Return to NaPali's weapons?
Grenade Launcher: Perfect for Niven and Kanjar.
Rocket Launcher: It's guided rocket can be pretty nice at attacking from altitudes.
Assault rifle: An alternative to the minigun, plus an interesting alt-fire.
Even if we're not using the weapons themselves, the models could be used for the existing super weapons.

|uK|Grimreaper
06-21-2012, 09:55 PM
this is actually a really good idea.. its something like guiding a nuke but u use the orb and when someone kills it while flying it does it explode or implode ?

Higor
06-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Killing the orb (1 health) should simply implode, maybe a little RU reward to the shooter (20?).
On detonation, the explosion radius should be very small, on the technical aspect I wouldn't use the function HurtRadius but instead make a custom explosion code.

.seVered.][
06-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I think this would be a better Nuke weapon for Siege...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyskhQpol-g&amp;feature=plcp

|uK|fleecey
06-30-2012, 08:59 PM
[;31988']I think this would be a better Nuke weapon for Siege...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyskhQpol-g&feature=plcp

Just no.

Higor
06-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Oh god, that reminds me of the aircraft madness on CTF and the helicopter on that Monsterhunt castle map.

The helicopter was plain awesome.

|uK|kenneth
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
bad idea severed.

Higor
07-05-2012, 11:39 PM
The invisible ninja rope.
http://www.ut99.org/download/file.php?id=3576

As posted on UT99.org:
The ninja rope, summon NinjaRope.NinjaRifle to insert it
Find a proper ceiling, and start swinging around like spiderman, you can even change weapons while hanging and shoot.
Contains informative code that makes a falling object hang like a pendulum, works clientside.
Air control allows a player to swing and gain acceleration.

Scourge
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Freeze Grenade
Category: Weapons
Cost: 800 RU; upgrade cost 20
Build Time: 25 seconds; while in build, easily destroyed by enemy fire or neutrons
Description: A pickup grenade that has freezing effects. Up to three can be carried.

Fire effect: A thrown grenade that explodes on impact. Holding the fire button for longer throws the grenade farther. On exploding, releases a burst of liquid hydrogen, temporarily freezing and disabling any buildings (and halting any buildings in progress) and players within range in massive blocks of ice, for up to 30 seconds, with each upgrade adding an additional 6 seconds and expanding the blast radius. The freezing effect works on players and buildings of your own team, as well, so be careful how you use it.

Alt-fire effect: When thrown, attaches to whatever surface or player on which it lands. It then continuously releases super-cold vapor for up to ten seconds, which quickly damages any non-friendly players and buildings within its blast radius. Upgrades increase the damage and blast radius. A disadvantage is that the grenade can be destroyed once attached to a surface and will automatically disable if it kills the player to which it is attached.

Freezing details: Freezing is very similar to Stasis Field in the original Starcraft, where anyone in the area of effect is invincible as long as they are affected. The difference is that frozen players/buildings can still be attacked. Shooting or repairing frozen players or buildings removes ice more quickly, with older ice taking less damage to remove. Players can be knocked around while frozen and can suicide to escape. If an attack does more than enough damage to unfreeze the player, then any remaining damage will be transferred to that player unless they are on the same team as the attacker. Flamethrowers, instagib, and nukes will remove this effect instantly. Players wearing the Rubber Suit (or an Arctic Suit, which I suggest here for this purpose and for maps like IcePost) are immune to all of the freezing grenade's effects.

Tactics:
- Freeze a cluster of enemy defenses
- Freeze the enemy Supplier
- Freeze your own core to reduce damage to it from nukes or other players
- Freeze enemy explosives, then use firepower to destroy them before they can do damage
- Freeze enemy invincible nukes to slow their building time
- Freeze your own nukes to prevent neutrons from instantly killing them
- Freeze yourself to avoid death until your teammates can come to cover you
- Have a team member hold onto flamethrowers or insta rifles to unfreeze the base
- Use the secondary on a teammate and have them run through a group of enemies to kill them, or have the secondary used on you to provide yourself with protection

I am aware of the massive difficulties a weapon like this would take to code in the current system, so if you could make it happen I would love you forever. <3

.seVered.][
07-12-2012, 02:02 PM
The invisible ninja rope.
http://www.ut99.org/download/file.php?id=3576

As posted on UT99.org:
The ninja rope, summon NinjaRope.NinjaRifle to insert it
Find a proper ceiling, and start swinging around like spiderman, you can even change weapons while hanging and shoot.
Contains informative code that makes a falling object hang like a pendulum, works clientside.
Air control allows a player to swing and gain acceleration.

I thought you were gonna call this one WebSlinger? Did you extend the length to include rope'n the ceiling?

.seVered.][
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Freeze Grenade
Build Time: 25 seconds; while in build, easily destroyed by enemy fire or neutrons
Description: A pickup grenade that has freezing effects. Up to three can be carried.

Nice, Nice, Nice... remind's me of Freeze Tag in Quack (< not a typo) and you unfreeze team mates by shooting them.

I LOVE the Sticky option. Wonder if we can make the floor icy for a short time also.
800 is a little pricey ( more like 500) and 25 seconds? < that's a LONG time. Grenade's typically have a very short fuse time. Originally, you had to pull a cap on the tip to set the 5 second fuse and RUN!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/40/M24_1.JPG/250px-M24_1.JPG(Model 24, German Grenade)

This should be an entire category of weapon or a selectable alt-fire choice (both mouse buttons changes) for the UT_EightBall).

Anti-Personnel: (FLAK/FRAG),
Incendiary: Flashes and burns and also ignites builds.
Flash: Blinding and Stun
Freeze < of course

RPG (My personal Favorite): aka MINI NUKE Guided or Target Locked rocket that takes out a player and anyone (or anything) next to him.

Grenades should have been coded into the original UT. Alt-Fire on the Rocket Launcher chould have been expanded a great deal. (and still can).

--- Updated ---

Oh god, that reminds me of the aircraft madness on CTF and the helicopter on that Monsterhunt castle map.

The helicopter was plain awesome.

Indeed, we could use that model for a transport vehicle. Drop the cannon's and rockets and add up to 3 player cargo bay... .so your defenseless but fast.

Higor
07-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Weapon: Grenade launcher.

Building cost: 300 RU.
Ammo*: 20 normal rocket launcher grenades (30% more propulsion).

Primary fire: Fire a grenade.
Secondary fire: Change grenade type.

Grenade types (amount per package, RU cost):
Normal grenades (20, 50ru) to recharge the launcher.
Fragmentation grenades (10, 80ru).
EMP minicharges (5, 400ru), mid radius.
Napalm grenades (5, 500ru), small explosion + mid radius fire splatter.
Sticky motion sensing grenades (10, 300ru); detonates in 15 seconds if nobody steps on it, or if somebody fires at it.
Clustered grenades (10, 200ru), fire and separates in small explosives in mid air.
Poison grenade (10, 150ru), same effect as poison guardian, lasts 5 seconds.
Liquid nitrogen catridges (3, 300ru), small radius, freezes a building for 20 seconds, 300 damage to player, slowed if survives.
Mini cameras (5, 100ru), fires a camera and player sees through it until it lands and somebody breaks it (or player hits fire again).
Smoke grenade (10, 150ru), lol CS.

Launcher could appear as a mid item as well, and only anyone carrying one of these will be able to grab catridges.
Model: Unreal RTNP grenade launcher.

Higor
07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Playing worms sure gives a lot of ideas, now imagine a Holy Hand Grenade... or Radioactive waste grenades (damaging anything near the spot for 30 seconds).

|uK|kenneth
07-12-2012, 06:26 PM
we should play that game with some ut people would be funny haha

Scourge
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
[;33101']Nice, Nice, Nice... remind's me of Freeze Tag in Quack (< not a typo) and you unfreeze team mates by shooting them.

I LOVE the Sticky option. Wonder if we can make the floor icy for a short time also.
800 is a little pricey ( more like 500) and 25 seconds? < that's a LONG time. Grenade's typically have a very short fuse time. Originally, you had to pull a cap on the tip to set the 5 second fuse and RUN!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/40/M24_1.JPG/250px-M24_1.JPG(Model 24, German Grenade)

This should be an entire category of weapon or a selectable alt-fire choice (both mouse buttons changes) for the UT_EightBall).

Anti-Personnel: (FLAK/FRAG),
Incendiary: Flashes and burns and also ignites builds.
Flash: Blinding and Stun
Freeze < of course

RPG (My personal Favorite): aka MINI NUKE Guided or Target Locked rocket that takes out a player and anyone (or anything) next to him.

Grenades should have been coded into the original UT. Alt-Fire on the Rocket Launcher chould have been expanded a great deal. (and still can).

--- Updated ---

Indeed, we could use that model for a transport vehicle. Drop the cannon's and rockets and add up to 3 player cargo bay... .so your defenseless but fast.

I like the custom grenade ideas, incendiary grenades could reverse the effects of freeze within a certain area.

When I mentioned that the grenade would take about 25 seconds to build, I mean that the grenade pickup would take that long to build, kinda like a warhead. The grenade itself, being "advanced technology," could just explode on impact instead of detonating after a set time.

The grenade is very expensive because it is very powerful - Imagine a whole team coming in loaded with freeze grenades and stopping the entire opposing team cold! (Sorry.)

And say, Higor - What about flash grenades?

nOs*Wildcard
07-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Freeze Grenade

Fire effect: A thrown grenade that explodes on impact. Holding the fire button for longer throws the grenade farther. On exploding, releases a burst of liquid hydrogen, temporarily freezing and disabling any buildings (and halting any buildings in progress) and players within range in massive blocks of ice, for up to 30 seconds, with each upgrade adding an additional 6 seconds and expanding the blast radius. The freezing effect works on players and buildings of your own team, as well, so be careful how you use it.

Alt-fire effect: When thrown, attaches to whatever surface or player on which it lands. It then continuously releases super-cold vapor for up to ten seconds, which quickly damages any non-friendly players and buildings within its blast radius. Upgrades increase the damage and blast radius. A disadvantage is that the grenade can be destroyed once attached to a surface and will automatically disable if it kills the player to which it is attached.

Freezing details: Freezing is very similar to Stasis Field in the original Starcraft, where anyone could in the area of effect is invincible as long as they are affected. The difference is that frozen players/buildings can still be attacked. Shooting or repairing frozen players or buildings removes ice more quickly, with older ice taking less damage to remove. Players can be knocked around while frozen and can suicide to escape. If an attack does more than enough damage to unfreeze the player, then any remaining damage will be transferred to that player unless they are on the same team as the attacker. Flamethrowers, instagib, and nukes will remove this effect instantly. Players wearing the Rubber Suit (or an Arctic Suit, which I suggest here for this purpose and for maps like IcePost) are immune to all of the freezing grenade's effects.

Tactics:
- Freeze a cluster of enemy defenses
- Freeze the enemy Supplier
- Freeze your own core to reduce damage to it from nukes or other players
- Freeze enemy explosives, then use firepower to destroy them before they can do damage
- Freeze enemy invincible nukes to slow their building time
- Freeze your own nukes to prevent neutrons from instantly killing them
- Freeze yourself to avoid death until your teammates can come to cover you
- Have a team member hold onto flamethrowers or insta rifles to unfreeze the base
- Use the secondary on a teammate and have them run through a group of enemies to kill them, or have the secondary used on you to provide yourself with protection

I am aware of the massive difficulties a weapon like this would take to code in the current system, so if you could make it happen I would love you forever. <3

Now it's a party.

'Zac
07-31-2012, 08:37 PM
so the lazer thing is like a mine?

Scourge
08-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Playing worms sure gives a lot of ideas, now imagine a Holy Hand Grenade... or Radioactive waste grenades (damaging anything near the spot for 30 seconds).

I played an MH map with the HHG and a bunch of other grenades... and the standard grenades had a sticky feature. They were in the shock rifle slot. If you'd like to take a look, I'll see if I can dig up the map/packages.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-20-2012, 07:50 AM
---------------> Force field: we already have one, but we could use a version that allows firing from the inside of it.

yep, the current forcefield should be so

.seVered.][
08-20-2012, 10:34 PM
AdRiaN;36350']---------------> Force field: we already have one, but we could use a version that allows firing from the inside of it.

yep, the current forcefield should be so

I agree, the FF should be made to shoot from within (inside) but also still be able to DIE from shots outside at it.

--- Updated ---

I played an MH map with the HHG and a bunch of other grenades... and the standard grenades had a sticky feature. They were in the shock rifle slot. If you'd like to take a look, I'll see if I can dig up the map/packages.

Hell ya, dig dig dig...let's see it.

'Zac
08-21-2012, 12:11 PM
hmmm portal gun maybe?

.seVered.][
08-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Here's the next weapon we need for BlackRiver and other outdoor maps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2173580ju0&feature=relmfu

Scourge
08-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Hell ya, dig dig dig...let's see it.

The Holy Hand Grenade isn't that spectacular in the mod I played, but I think what the modders that created the package started is promising. The mod from which these weapons were taken was originally called "Unreal Forever (U4E)." You'll find a freezethrower a la Duke Nukem among the weapons as well as a freeze grenade. While these weapons don't quite work the way I might like from a visual or gameplay standpoint, the freezing effect upon killing an enemy is a little bit like what I'm going for.

I don't have a place to upload these packages, but they should be available on mod sites and the like. I think the latest version is 6.02.

.seVered.][
08-26-2012, 03:17 AM
The Holy Hand Grenade isn't that spectacular in the mod I played, but I think what the modders that created the package started is promising. The mod from which these weapons were taken was originally called "Unreal Forever (U4E)." You'll find a freezethrower a la Duke Nukem among the weapons as well as a freeze grenade. While these weapons don't quite work the way I might like from a visual or gameplay standpoint, the freezing effect upon killing an enemy is a little bit like what I'm going for.

I don't have a place to upload these packages, but they should be available on mod sites and the like. I think the latest version is 6.02.

Please refer to this post for a place to upload files like that and have them available for download.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/2702-Risco?p=37037&viewfull=1#post37037

SAM
08-26-2012, 11:57 AM
You can zip them and upload them here. If it's too large as a post attachment you could upload to the download section which will then go into the moderation queue.

.seVered.][
08-31-2012, 04:30 PM
I want one of these for Siege too....this would be sooOOoo easy...It's called ScoobyDoo

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Mine/scoobyDoo.jpg

medor
03-29-2017, 07:35 AM

Special explosives:

Strategies will vastly vary when using this, imagine a projectile magnet divertine nukes away from the core, or a disruptor on it, or 2 dudes boobytrapping a supermine on a teleporter...
Also, mid could spawn some portable volumes as well so they don't need to be built all the times.

Limitations: special fields have minimum distance requirements among themselves to prevent exploits, huge RU cost including upgrades, only one volume per user, can't be used with any kind of suit (shield belt allowed).

EDIT:
Prototypes done so far:
Water Field (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/WaterField.u) (summon WaterField.sgWaterField)
AntiGravity modules (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/AntiGravity.u) (summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityPlatform) (summon AntiGravity.AntiGravityGear)
HoverBoard (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/HoverBoard.u) (summon HoverBoard.sgHoverBoard)

update links
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1814