PDA

View Full Version : -283862384 negative scores?

Log0LAG
02-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I would to know why it happen :O

|uK|MiniWick
02-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Well I told you not to 1v1 me..

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-26-2011, 05:01 PM
its a siege bug i cant really tell you much i dont know why it happens

Keith
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Invincibles nukes I think.

areku
02-26-2011, 05:25 PM
nice one MW

dont listen to them, sups and forcefields make it happen

|uK|Chronox
02-27-2011, 12:13 AM
The worst thing is that noone is trying to fix it.

terminator
02-27-2011, 06:24 AM
nice one MW

dont listen to them, sups and forcefields make it happen

Actually it happened to me once when i tried to shoot the core (actually kill it) , and there was no supplier or forcefield nearby.

Feralidragon
02-27-2011, 07:10 AM
I think I know what's happenning. I got a strange similar bug with cybots (NW3 drones weapon): I think that the TakeDamage function in the buildings and core do NOT have the "singular" modifier.

It happens that the TakeDamage function is reentrant, which means that can be called several times a tick, and it's not unusual to have weird bugs where the Takedamage is called way to many times and makes those scores or even crashes the game. The "singular" keyword before "function" makes that function to be called once each tick, avoiding reentrancy and fixing that bug.

Btw, I never looked into the Siege code so I cannot say for sure, but I believe this may the issue, so whoever is still developing, check if all your TakeDamage functions in the buildings and core are "singular function TakeDamage" and not only "function TakeDamage".

SAM
02-27-2011, 06:21 PM
I looked at this with Anth and we agreed it was TakeDamage. We did make a new SiegeGI.uc file but I've not had the time to compile...

GORDON!!!
03-06-2011, 04:25 AM
when u nuke the ground it happens

Disturbed//*.
03-06-2011, 01:57 PM
some one said to me that this happens because if u nuke constenly

Lee_Stricklin
03-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Your score dips into negative if you suck too damn bad :P Try not sucking so much lol

audiosonic
03-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Good one!!!

<|Pius|>
03-22-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I got it. I was playing yesterday and attacked the core with the bio gun while there were people healing it. I watched my score instantly take a dive to -9999 on the bottom left, and checked the scoreboard and sure enough it had dipped. Not sure if thats the real reason, but it seems to make sense to me. Good luck with the bug.

mal
03-23-2011, 11:31 AM
its all about the angle
nuke a ff wrong angle u get negatife scores
core wrong angle? wrong score

terminator
03-23-2011, 01:09 PM
which angle to shoot?

|uK|Anthrax
03-23-2011, 01:34 PM
It has yet to choose the angle? LOL

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-24-2011, 10:45 AM
its not about angle whos telling you this rubbish?

mal
03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
so what is it then if its not the angle

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-24-2011, 02:55 PM
that would be telling

<|Pius|>
03-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Read my post above ^^^^ I'm pretty sure thats it.

Feralidragon
03-25-2011, 06:17 AM
so what is it then if its not the angle

Again:
Pawn -> TakeDamage

"singular" function TakeDamage(...

The "singular" keyword does wonders, as it only allows the function to be called once a tick. Each time you damage an enemy building, TakeDamage is called, and without "singular" it can be called several times each tick, and it happens that in some situations the function is called so many times within a tick, and so many points incremented that they reach the maximum integer value that variable can hold (this happens both in offline and online play, and this is controlled entirelly by the server), and therefore it turns out negative (let's say the maximum is 127, the next value will be -128, then -127, -126, etc, this a "2" complement [binary logic stuff regarding variable sizes and storage]).

"singular" keyword before "function TakeDamage" will guarantee that the function is called only once a tick, or limit the takedamage to "x" times a tick (like 2 or 3, this needs extra scripting, but easy to do), and let's face it, you don't need it to be called more than that even with the entire team damaging a single building (the probability of their firing and projectiles giving damage in the same exact tick is really very very very slim, even when firing multiple rockets.

Btw, I never ever looked at the siege code, but this sort of stuff happens for this very reason (many stuff has "singular function TakeDamage" and not only "function TakeDamage", otherwise they would be very easy to "kill" or hundreds of effects would be spawned instead [the warhead for instance]).

Lee_Stricklin
03-25-2011, 08:26 AM
I thought we already determined that negative scores were caused by players sucking at the game XD they should try to suck less.

mal
03-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Again:
Pawn -> TakeDamage

"singular" function TakeDamage(...

The "singular" keyword does wonders, as it only allows the function to be called once a tick. Each time you damage an enemy building, TakeDamage is called, and without "singular" it can be called several times each tick, and it happens that in some situations the function is called so many times within a tick, and so many points incremented that they reach the maximum integer value that variable can hold (this happens both in offline and online play, and this is controlled entirelly by the server), and therefore it turns out negative (let's say the maximum is 127, the next value will be -128, then -127, -126, etc, this a "2" complement [binary logic stuff regarding variable sizes and storage]).

"singular" keyword before "function TakeDamage" will guarantee that the function is called only once a tick, or limit the takedamage to "x" times a tick (like 2 or 3, this needs extra scripting, but easy to do), and let's face it, you don't need it to be called more than that even with the entire team damaging a single building (the probability of their firing and projectiles giving damage in the same exact tick is really very very very slim, even when firing multiple rockets.

Btw, I never ever looked at the siege code, but this sort of stuff happens for this very reason (many stuff has "singular function TakeDamage" and not only "function TakeDamage", otherwise they would be very easy to "kill" or hundreds of effects would be spawned instead [the warhead for instance]).

oeh ok. all jiberish for me but i guess ur right.
u seem like u know what ur talking about!.

all about take dmg!
wrong take dmg wrong score!

Moko
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I nuked in Icepost and got a negative score and I used no damage amp and I didn't even directly hit the core I hit the box in the core room and I got a negative score. xd

And in Bad Neighbors I hit the core twice and got a negative score.

IcePost:
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad159/Moko-Young/UT99%20Screen%20Shots/fail.jpg

I can't find the other one I'll post if I come across it. xd

|uK|Anthrax
03-26-2011, 07:16 PM
I shot a nuke in the nuke room, and I got that score gay -.-''
But I killed 7 nukes :D
Mokozadaa XD'

Lee_Stricklin
03-26-2011, 11:41 PM
trollface.png lol maybe if you guys actually learned how to play, your scores wouldn't fall through the floor. You should sucking a little less.

Moko
03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
LOL

lercs12
03-27-2011, 12:52 PM
and, btw, why are the negative scores so bad, they take all your cookies or something???

KeOs
03-27-2011, 01:08 PM
and, btw, why are the negative scores so bad, they take all your cookies or something???

Its bad because some peoples egos depend on being near the top of the scores list. So you can understand why this is something that needs to be fixed right away.

lercs12
03-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Its bad because some peoples egos depend on being near the top of the scores list. So you can understand why this is something that needs to be fixed right away.

i always thought the score was not that important, there are games where I stop nukes, rep core, atk core (a lot), build a lot of things (more that others), etc etc, and my score is lower just because someone made a nuke or repaired the core more times

edit:
reped or repaired? hmmm....

|uK|MiniWick
03-27-2011, 02:01 PM
haha you mean the opposite ? When some one does all that it means their score will go up allot, esp when u rep core it's like 2ru for 1 point. I believe it's when you just take out people your score doesn't go up too much cause your just killing people ..not buildings !

Lee_Stricklin
03-27-2011, 02:08 PM

THIS, though there really isn't any problems with the scoring system. It's merely players who suck at the game making up excuses as to why their scores are through the floor. lol

lercs12
03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
-_-

Moskva
03-27-2011, 06:23 PM
hmm score is important in the way u know why is it for
for example think about a noob like neolegend7 goes negative... he will win like 40 cookies...
that means that in the next map neolegend7 will have to lead a team and another who REALLY have the skills will lead the another one for example blaze
what will happen?
a RAPE by blaze's team
thats why matches suck so much on public

Moko
03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't get what cookies are even for. LOL

Feralidragon
03-29-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't get what cookies are even for. LOL
To record in each game which players are skilled and which ones are total noobs, so in the next game the team auto-balance can do a better job than the last balance, so games get more and more balance to give the best Siege experience you can get, otherwise there would be always a team which would be raped in less than 5 minutes (even with cookies this happens, but it's quite rare actually, and happens specially when 90% of both teams are noobs, but 1 in one team happens to be skilled and knows what to do so his team literally rapes the other easilly).

Moko
03-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh, to bad I always hearing the most skilled people loosing 300 cookies. xD

And nubs like me get 3 cookies.

|uK|Anthrax
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Anthrax has earned 125 cookies.

Moko
03-30-2011, 05:24 PM
About time a person with some skill got some cookies.

|uK|Anthrax
03-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Moko plays well, once even killed me with a nuke in his hand
#OWNS !

Moko
03-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I did? :O
I'm so good I didn't even know it LoL!!!

You're trying at least, thanks Anthrax. x))

|uK|Anthrax
03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHA I laughed

Moko
03-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Good! We need more laughter in this world! 8D

|uK|Anthrax
03-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Sure! XD

Moko
03-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I think we should stop spamming now, I don't want us to get yelled at. xD