NEW SIEGE STUFFS [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : NEW SIEGE STUFFS

krizsa
07-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Hello Siege community!

I have spent a lot of time reviewing the current siege and being a coder I decided to make some new siege stuff for your approval. Please take a look into my ideas and let me know what you think! With any luck and your support we should be able to get them uploaded to the server! I am quite happy to tweak these new additions to |uK|'s specifications.

Teleport Active Display
- Video links:
youtube.com/watch?v=z7E9bpSDaSc&feature=plcp
youtube.com/watch?v=wa2ICNEeoNA&feature=context-cha

Mini Nuke
- Video link: youtube.com/watch?v=zurR0WJiBZE&feature=plcp
- Damage strength and radius is half normal nuke.
- Stuff like price, build time and everything else can be changed. At the moment it is 700 RU and 1 minute build time.
- Also mini nuke siren can be made however this is most likely to be incorporated with the current nuke siren.

Ventilator and Mini ventilator
- Ventilator basically either sucks or blows away nukes/rockets/players/anything.
- I thought it would be a good idea if the mini ventilator is used strictly for rockets which would then blow rocket spam away from supplier?
- It can also be used exclusively for nukes or whatever is best suitable.
- Ventilator Video links:
youtube.com/watch?v=RyrGp1-GiUE&feature=plcp
youtube.com/watch?v=x2n7ijyOScs&feature=plcp
- Mini ventilator links:
youtube.com/watch?v=fzuIkik2oT4&feature=plcp
- Server admin can set on config or by admin command: Ventilator sucks items or blow away.
Ventilator can suck or blow away these stuffs when enabled on config: - enemy players
- Rocket
- Warhead
Gas bomb and Gas Mask
- Video link: youtube.com/watch?v=1xqsUX_hUMo&feature=plcp
- Gas bomb kills all players (Own team players and enemy players). So when someone builds a gas bomb, a warning message appears such as "GAS BOMB DETECTED! Build gas mask now to survive strike"
- Gas mask can also protect from poison guardian gas.
- Gas bomb life time is 30 seconds and can easily be killed like the neutron bomb or emp. Another good thing about the gas bomb and mask idea is it means players must always keep 200RU spare to be able to build a gas mask whenever they need to which introduces a different element into the game which can be further expanded with new ideas.

I'm always thinking of new ideas and have a huge interest for siege and the community as you can see. I just really hope and wish that my talent is recognised and put to good use.

I am more than willing to help develop any other ideas to ultimately make for a siege environment that is always growing.

Please please please look at my videos and feel free to comment. I really want to be a part of the community again and I truly apologise from the bottom of my heart for the mistakes I made in the past, I have definitely learnt from them.

Thank you for your time :)

|uK|fleecey
07-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I will admit, some of them looks really cool.

SilverWing
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
LOL its Sector ... hmmm i wonder what SAM is going to say

|uK|kenneth
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
personally i dont think we need mini nuke but the other ideas looks great.

Banny
07-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Sektor your work is always appreciable but tbh i dont like the Gas bomb idea ( Kills your players too)

It's like some innocent noob is going to nuke and he gets died by the gas bomb because he's too new for this shit

|uK|0WN-AG3!
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
These ideas are impressive and I see you have put alot of time and effort into this. I do hope it doesn't go unnoticed.

I for one am very appreciative of what you have done and with a few adjustments here and there these ideas could result in something spectacular.

I really like the mini ventilator idea and I think it should be made exclusively to blow away rocket spam from supplier! And what you said about always having RU spare for the gas mask, very good idea!

Keep up the good work! :)

|uK|fleecey
07-04-2012, 02:23 PM

Yeah, it's sektor. I saw, but however, looks great!

Moskva
07-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Gas mask sounds good to avoid poison guardian

SilverWing
07-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Gas mask sounds good to avoid poison guardian

Yeah that only thing i liked out of all the things he made... Ventilator can be useful when there is sup spam ( but a lot of testing has to be done to get the right radius of where it will suck the rockets in... also can protect core from rocket bombs too if placed right)

krizsa
07-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I've been thinking, only some of us know how to keybind, which leads to certain individuals having unfair advantages over others so....

I've created something similar to the nexgen window which basically lists all of the key-bindable (if that’s a word lol) things there are in Siege.

It is still under development and will include all of the key-bindable options however this is how it stands at the moment.

http://sektor.hu/siege/SiegePanel.png

If includes stuff like Previous Select which is for allowing previous selection in constructor builder: You can go back a step when flicking through constructor items for building, very handy if you miss something you wanted to build.

http://sektor.hu/siege/Player_HUD.png

Increased Player HUD: Player's above the head some information. (Flame ammo count if have flamethrower or warhead ammo count, RU and health information)

Video link about these ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQL14CM2Y4

The Increased Player HUD will be edited so it doesn't look as crowded as it does, but it is good for teammates to see if another team member is carrying a Nuke or Flame or whatever so they can assist them.
I did also just realise RU count doesn’t need to be there because that can be seen in F1, but as I said this is all easily changeable

Please leave your comments :)

.seVered.][
07-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah that only thing i liked out of all the things he made... Ventilator can be useful when there is sup spam ( but a lot of testing has to be done to get the right radius of where it will suck the rockets in... also can protect core from rocket bombs too if placed right)

That actually does sound intriguing. and since... for every action there SHOULD be an opposite and equal RE-action, there should be counters for every defense we have in the game.

.seVered.][
07-04-2012, 04:52 PM

SAM SHOULD say, those IP's MATCH, and we have found our perpetrator. This IP matches ahm3t's previous account's IP. But why make enemies, well.... because they ASKED when they chose to HACK, and attack.

Personally, I think some discussion should ensue about previous event's with this individual before an further discussion is even ALLOWED. Good idea's or NOT, criminal intent is still criminal. (aka Impersonating, hacking, theft... etc). These idea's have been shared from the start, not a year later (unless they are now their OWN). and THIS person should be held responsible for the charges against ahm3t...

nOs*Wildcard
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
youtube. com/watch? v=z7E9bpSDaSc&feature=plcp
That's My NULL Orb in the center of the building your using sir.
Also hopefully you did not use my attach function or else the building will have the null orb's powers of not rendering any ru when attacked
Orbs are very unstable and need my attention I would not mess with them untill I get it working. HOPEFULLY its just the orb graphica and meshes rather than the actual actor because the actual actor would be kind of foolish. Bla bla blah The orb is unfinnished work that's the warning I am giving use at your own risk.

Also Ventilator comes from a good friend of mine known as Pesky Dan along with the siege gem icons which was ripped from the package using UTPT.exe likely :\ He had his siege protected untill he finnished it which unfortuneatly I have not see the guy around and at least a year :( I don't mean to harp or anything. I know you did not lift the gem icons sektor. BTW has anyone gotten the Jetpack meshes to work yet? Anyways, mininuke is not a bad idea but astheticaly speaking its pretty damn booring. The explosion should be changed and maby the sounds. Nice siege panel thou I can appreciate a good UWindow interface :)

Sadly thou it sounds like the gasbomb could be ripe for a horrible amount of abuse if it kills everyone. And seeing how many abuse threads pop up here it would a full epidemic of assholes abusing this to kill their team. Good idea im sure, just make it friendly fire.

.seVered.][
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
This is WAY overkill and integrating keybind routine's into native code produce's some unexpected results.. (as you probably WILL soon find).

http://sektor.hu/siege/SiegePanel.png

http://sektor.hu/siege/Player_HUD.png

I do not like the information on TOP of the player.. .wrong answer.

.seVered.][
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Oh YA, like the new teleport NOT! I'm sure the enemy WON'T see that BRIGHT glowing white OBJECT (Wildcard's) in the middle of the tele.... NOT AT ALL... Might need to rethink your TACTICS before stepping into the design phase of development.

You have good idea's and CLEARLY implement (build) these idea's very well, too bad you didn't ASK about sharing ideas before hacking Siege Ultimate.
HOWEVER, I did subscribe to your channel.

nOs*Wildcard
07-06-2012, 02:51 PM
[;32557']Oh YA, like the new teleport NOT! I'm sure the enemy WON'T see that BRIGHT glowing white OBJECT (Wildcard's) in the middle of the tele.... NOT AT ALL... Might need to rethink your TACTICS before stepping into the design phase of development.

You have good idea's and CLEARLY implement (build) these idea's very well, too bad you didn't ASK about sharing ideas before hacking Siege Ultimate.
HOWEVER, I did subscribe to your channel.

He did not hack SiegeUltimate and defeat the protection on it that prevents it from running on other servers did he? I think Ahmet was the guy who did that and then he made compileable source code and distributed it everywhere without permission and then sektor just grabbed it like others and worked on it from there. That's what I think at least.

.seVered.][
07-06-2012, 03:13 PM
He did not hack SiegeUltimate and defeat the protection on it that prevents it from running on other servers did he? I think Ahmet was the guy who did that and then he made compileable source code and distributed it everywhere without permission and then sektor just grabbed it like others and worked on it from there. That's what I think at least.

So, he is innocent victim in all this? You would think he would MENTION that if it was the case... however, if true...there must be some way to squash this confict between servers. And I for one would like to have this conflict SOLVED and purged.

nOs*Wildcard
07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
[;32564']So, he is innocent victim in all this? You would think he would MENTION that if it was the case... however, if true...there must be some way to squash this confict between servers. And I for one would like to have this conflict SOLVED and purged.

I would like you to know I have mixed feelings over the "hoarding" of SiegeUltimate reason being is because SiegeUltimate is based on all my hard work in the past that I have not releassed! On the other end of the argument.. All the new additions of SiegeUltimate are not my work even if it may have been subclassed from some of my work.

When you speak of this conflict between servers I'm not sure if I understand the scope of the exactly all I know is the only way I can resolve any kind of conflict is to release SiegeXtreme 3 along with source code to everyone on a free to all basis. Ugh.. my god I have so much work to do! Well anyways I did not think it was cool what ahmet did anyways because thats who I think "hacked" siege and made compileable source code and distributed everywhere and sektor grabbed it and played with it even thou $car warned everyone about "risks" of doing so. Anyhow.. I guess there is nothing more to say I would normaly flood this forum with some obnoxious spam of some artichoke thats like 12 megapixels in size and spam for fun but then I would have to wait for my post to get approved because I refrenced an external image so blah blah blah I give up :P its so damn hot without AC I cannot think im going to the pool goodbye and cya later

SAM
07-09-2012, 03:56 AM
My intention was to release it. However with the stuff koala pulled and that I discovered. I was not sure all vulnerabilities were fixed. In fact I still don't know what else he compiled into it. All I know is his state is completely banned hence why we can run it to some degree without checking. Releasing to full blown public people will just hold us liable to all othe vulnerabilities in the package which is what I want to avoid. Last thing I want is for people to say we are distributing malware....

I hope that explains things.

Vatiko//
07-10-2012, 10:14 PM
As good as some of those seem, I have to agree with sam. Personally I think Siege is fine the way it is, but that mini nuke and gas mask looks pretty cool . Gas bomb looks good but i dont think everyone (22 players) would want to all make a mask just to protect themselves from death or teamkill, like what if they had a nuke and saw the incoming gas and was going to make a gas mask and some other guy killed him. Ventilator looks cool but I think anyone can avoid sup spam... even something small like a minishield could provide some protection from sup spam. The enhanced tele is superb, but it's basically nothing more than a tele with a bright light which causes too much attention.

Scourge
07-11-2012, 01:17 AM
The mini-nuke sounds massively OP.

I like the venilator idea and I'm not sure how to feel about the gas bomb.

Nice work all the same!

.seVered.][
07-11-2012, 06:54 AM
We simply need to take an attack/counter attitude with the design of our available weapons and their counterparts. Currently we already have most of the attack weapons countered with appropriate defense weapons.

EMP for the Super Protectors, Nuke’s can be shot down and destroyed, Invisible players get shot at by the Super Protectors. ForceField (and MiniShield -sorta) blocks the Translocator and absorbs (some) damage (from SOME weapons).

The ‘Toxin Suit’ should also include protection from The Poison Guardian. The Shock Rifle Combo burst could block clustered rocket spam. The MiniShields could be rebuilt to ACTUALLY be Shields and block a wider variety of weapons.

We don’t need an overhaul, we just need some balancing of the basic design model.

|uK|chiseller
07-11-2012, 07:05 AM
The mini-nuke sounds massively OP.

I like the venilator idea and I'm not sure how to feel about the gas bomb.

Nice work all the same!

Yup. Both of them could be a good addition (especially for PUG) if slightly modified.

Moskva
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
[;33003']We simply need to take an attack/counter attitude with the design of our available weapons and their counterparts. Currently we already have most of the attack weapons countered with appropriate defense weapons.

EMP for the Super Protectors, Nuke’s can be shot down and destroyed, Invisible players get shot at by the Super Protectors. ForceField (and MiniShield -sorta) blocks the Translocator and absorbs (some) damage (from SOME weapons).

The Shock Rifle Combo burst could block clustered rockets spam.

Combo does kill rockets, even sniper can take down rockets

krizsa
07-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Hello once again to the Siege community and friends!

I have made 2 new additions to the list of creations.

Repair tool:
-Repairs all siege buildings including base core. Costs 2000RU.
-Life span is is limited to 2 minutes after which the repair tool will self-destruct.
-Can easily be killed like the neutron bomb or emp.
-Also an addition to the HUD of the building is the time left until it dies, this also goes for all other explosion items such as emp/neutron/mortar bombs etc

Nuclear bomb:
-Cost: 10000RU
-Nuclear inner wave can kill enemies and emeny stuffs thorough wall.
-Outer wave has big radius, but can't make damage thorough wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiLfhwmD0tw

As always leave your comments/suggestions/feedback.

|uK|kenneth
07-17-2012, 08:19 AM
hmm i like the repair tool, but i dont know about the nuclear bomb its alot of damage man core god down almost 100 maybe we could change the damage a little bit.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Hello once again to the Siege community and friends!

I have made 2 new additions to the list of creations.

Repair tool:
-Repairs all siege buildings including base core. Costs 2000RU.
-Life span is is limited to 2 minutes after which the repair tool will self-destruct.
-Also an addition to the HUD of the building is the time left until it dies, this also goes for all other explosion items such as emp/neutron/mortar bombs etc

Nuclear bomb:
-Cost: 10000RU
-Nuclear inner wave can kill enemies and emeny stuffs thorough wall.
-Outer wave has big radius, but can't make damage thorough wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiLfhwmD0tw

As always leave your comments/suggestions/feedback.

lool
no kkkk

only 2000? on pub the core reparation system is perfect, put on public... sometimes is USELESS nuke the core, because any players is always repairing core... on pub should exists an item that allows you to repair the CORE for stop with this 'rapair spam' on public (one rapairing on pub, the game stay 12x11, is almost same, but on pug one player makes a great lack), this item must coust +/- 500 RU, but if the 'core repairer' die, he need make this item again for keep repairing =)

|uK|fleecey
07-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I like both things, but like Kenneth said, maybe the nuclear bomb should be lower damage.

krizsa
07-17-2012, 02:19 PM
I forgot one thing from my post, 5 repair tool allowed per match, and 1 repair tool allowed at the same time.

krizsa
07-26-2012, 06:48 PM
One idea:

Electric impulse into constructor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngBWQvFy4q0&feature=plcp

I found bug, and can fix it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7EfS6q8qSI&feature=plcp

and one video for fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ61WSK6z28&feature=plcp

UT-Sniper-SJA94
07-26-2012, 08:40 PM
That Electric impulse looks like a good idea.

|uK|kenneth
07-27-2012, 12:01 PM
lol the tele + super booster is nice and also gj finally someone fixed that stupid bug.

Skarn
07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Rly nice

krizsa
07-29-2012, 04:29 AM
I made 2 new siege stuffs:

1st: Rocket suit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Cak3yO2VA&feature=plcp
Nuke and mine defense optional setable.

2nd: Mine visor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InYUOTNjRGU&feature=plcp

|uK|kenneth
07-29-2012, 06:44 AM
its a good thing that you dont die by rockets but i dont like it that you can survive that nuke... thats so easy man.

krizsa
07-29-2012, 08:03 AM
its a good thing that you dont die by rockets but i dont like it that you can survive that nuke... thats so easy man.
Admin can disable nuke (and/or mine) protection on rocket suit :)

|uK|chiseller
07-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Looks good. I wish there was an experimental siege version on the server with all these stuff.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
07-29-2012, 10:35 AM
What about a ripper suit?

krizsa
07-29-2012, 01:18 PM
What about a ripper suit?
Metal suit can protect player head from ripper. :P
But I can configuring metal suit to protect all player :)

Higor
07-29-2012, 06:50 PM
One idea:
I found bug, and can fix it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7EfS6q8qSI&feature=plcp

New mine code has fixed this.

and one video for fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ61WSK6z28&feature=plcp
This was left to the others to decide.

SW, i'm here, just PM when you're testing these out.

BONZ
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
[;33003']We simply need to take an attack/counter attitude with the design of our available weapons and their counterparts. Currently we already have most of the attack weapons countered with appropriate defense weapons.

This is a very important point.

I was browsing youtube the other day and came across the ventilator, which had me most interested out of all the ideas in this thread.

I think the ventilator could best be used differently to how it's shown in the videos, as a type of bomb in the style of EMPs and Neutrons. The ventilator is planted somewhere on the map (NOT a supplier, and not the core). All of the opposing team that the ventilator is being used against get an alert saying 'VENTILATOR DETECTED' (or some such), and have eight seconds to destroy the seed and leech RU from it before it develops.

If the opposing team fail to destroy the seed, an orb the size of a Level 5 Forcefield opens up. It might be better labelled a Black Hole, because the effect that it has is to suck all rockets that strike the orb and suck them into the centre. All of this enables the attacking team to fire rockets from a distance at the orb, which sucks the rockets to the centre and deal damage to whichever builds are in the nucleus of the orb. This could make attacking builds much easier, although it's always balanced against the risk of having an expensive Ventilator built and leeched from before it can develop!

Let me know if anyone likes the sound.