Currently Bugged [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Currently Bugged

.seVered.][
07-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Thread for Siege Ultimate Bugs alert's and notices

.seVered.][
07-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Poison Gaurdian does not post a message when someone else remove's the Poison Gaurdian.

Grim accidentally removed because the poison gaurdian due to EMP and Lag, the remove message show's on his LOG but did show on my log.

Grim's LOG:
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/GrimsREMOVEMESSAGE.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0013.jpg

Higor
07-04-2012, 11:50 PM
=====
Log warnings spam on non dedicated server machines:

=====
Super Container glitch:

=====
Platform client glitch:

=====
Pulse thru walls:

=====
Translocator location update issue:

Epic games should have fixed this in the first place, translocator position isn't correctly updated until it hits the ground.
If it hits an invisible collision hull (for example), the player won't notice until it lands.

=====
Building stats not available in this version, even though the collected data takes up bandwidth.

If there is no intention of bringing these back, at least remove the array from the replication block (sgGameReplicationInfo).
I'd still leave the code and data for future stat collecting uses.

=====
SiegeStats needs to be available all the times.

If a player dies or decides to spectate, SiegeStats won't be available.
Integrating the switch into the sgPRI, or a player owned special PRI will solve this.

More to come.

terminator
07-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Please solve that platform bug asap! Thanks!!!! :)

SilverWing
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM
What do u mean by SCont Bug?

Higor
07-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Exactly, "?"
What's the plan of action for the SConts?

Being called cheap for glitching these in the middle of Bathrooms maps anytime I can makes me believe there's ppl that actually doesn't want Super Containers being glitch, but maybe it's just me.

SilverWing
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
r u talking about it being built inside the wall or floor? this has been fixed already and will be on the new release

.seVered.][
07-07-2012, 10:06 PM
'Nuke was taken down by XXX' message does not post when you GUIDE (aka FLY) it in...

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Jump boots have a defect, when you jump holding 'walk' for do i normal jump the 'high jump' count is decresed, on the original ut_jumpboots you can use how many times you want the normal jump what it dont consumes the special jump (it's bad in maps like clarion, if you are nuking with boots, need jump for use the booster and super booster, but the sb fails, you can spend all your boots even using the normal jump)

SilverWing
07-08-2012, 11:31 AM
AdRiaN;32762']Jump boots have a defect, when you jump holding 'walk' for do i normal jump the 'high jump' count is decresed, on the original ut_jumpboots you can use how many times you want the normal jump what it dont consumes the special jump (it's bad in maps like clarion, if you are nuking with boots, need jump for use the booster and super booster, but the sb fails, you can spend all your boots even using the normal jump)

I have already fixed it

SAM
07-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Can we get a release with all these fixes?

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I have already fixed it

on pub it's not fixed... on pub i have not tested

.seVered.][
07-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Can we get a release with all these fixes?

I WISH! ... if wishes were fishes, the world would eat.

Feralidragon
07-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Translocator location update issue:

Epic games should have fixed this in the first place, translocator position isn't correctly updated until it hits the ground.
If it hits an invisible collision hull (for example), the player won't notice until it lands.

The real problem is how they update physics (tick dependent, and linearity where things are not linear, like and specially acceleration [velocity += delta*acceleration; newposition += delta*velocity; that's how I believe they do things and is flawed with different tickrates, as they provide different physical results, as during x delta, the velocity doesn't remain the same during all x in real physics -> linearity where things are not linear]) and the fact positions are rounded to ints and rotators zipped to bytes.
It's an architecture problem of the engine as a whole.

Higor
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
The translocator issue is very simple, it has 2 replication stages/methods:

1- Spawned: Tearoff replication, totally simulated by client.
2- Hits the ground a first time, becomes updated regularly by engine.

On clients, translocators won't hit blockall actors, or won't show when they remain 'bouncing' on a sloped wall.
And no, it's not a rare case, on CTF-Face it is of great advantage to do 90º upwards launches in mid air, or to make them stick to a wall and impact launch them from the ground to the enemy sniper halls, or to combo them in mid air, I could keep talking about these...

Bottom line is, that in Siege it doesn't properly show when it actually hits a solid actor, and in other mods, top translocator users can't get the best of their launching tactics due to these bugs, unless they practiced and timed their translocator launches.

Feralidragon
07-23-2012, 05:25 PM
If that's the actual issue, you guys could just subclass the current translocator and translocatortarget and fix it (like a sgTranslocator and sgTranslocatorTarget), it's not that hard afaik (I mean, the actual problem is that Touch is non-simulated there for some dumb reason to start with, so the event won't trigger in the client ever, from there a few role_authority checks where proper and it's good to go, at least that's how I have my own custom trans in my pack).
You could even fix the seriously dumb coding there is on Touch function, that makes it hit anything like a wall that is not inventory, triggers and navigation points (I still wonder why... I mean, it's ok to add those 3 to the "always pass through", as for the rest they should just make a block check instead of taking them all as blockable).

EDIT: Loving the slightly avatar change Higor xD