PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Dimensional transport

Higor
07-06-2012, 03:30 AM
So I was brainstorming with ChanClan and one of these ideas came out.

Pocket transport!

You grab a translocator like device, stand next to a teammate, hold click for 2 seconds and send him into another dimension.
With a limit of 1-3 teammates inside the device, slip through enemy defenses and release them to confuse them about your numbers, or to deliver other dangerous things...

If the carrier dies, anyone inside will die as well.
A player can choose to get out of the device by pressing a movement key.

Usages:
- Tactically deliver teammates in a critical zone without the usage of a teleporter.
- Carry nukers. (triggering nuke alarm is at developer's choice)
- Carry a unit to build forward.
- Bring in supporters to protect the carrier from enemies, useful for carriers that have nukes or flamethrower.
- Remove a camper from a location (lol)
- Delivering a player through a wall (developer's choice)

Variation, instead of carrying by person, it can be done by weight:
3-4 weight units max:
1 player = 1 unit
1 warhead = 1 unit
1 special weapon or suit = 1 unit
This way, there would be a limit on what can be carried inside the device.

It could also have the limitation that can't be used with translocator to avoid exploits.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
it's good, but really cant be used with default sgtranslocator

nOs*Wildcard
07-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Great Idea! I Like This! It would be neat to see thru the players eyes your riding with or a behind view looking around from them so you know when things are about to get intense then you got to jump out

Edit: If I follow thru with this idea in SiegeXtreme the Credit iis all yours Higor

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-07-2012, 07:15 AM
sounds pretty good but you'd need a new item/building for this wouldnt you?

Scourge
07-12-2012, 11:05 AM
I like the idea of a teammate transporter, but there should be some kind of warning that transporting players give off - E.G. a radar dish build would detect transporters within a certain radius.

The transporter would probably start with transporting one or two teammates, with an additional teammate for each upgrade.

There are a couple problems with this idea as far as I can see. Griefers might build one of these to pick up players when they don't want to be picked up, but the cost of an item like this might deter them from doing so. Also, this item could also be very overpowered if someone uses it to transport multiple nukers at once.

.seVered.][
07-12-2012, 05:04 PM
The more I think about this, the more I like it. Even if it would only allow you to carry 1 extra player (and prohibit multiple pick ups). It would be like picking up a wing man with the Rocket X...

maybe we should make the Nuke's able to carry one extra player.. imagine nuking, and carrying in the next nuker on your nuke.