PDA

View Full Version : Admin Abuse

Denny30
07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
You have to be very careful when you play on UK servers because admins have access to your ip, Sponge banned me then attacked and fried my modem. Here is a good link to read http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/12/09/are-ddos-distributed-denial-of-service-attacks-against-the-law/

From that article --->
In the UK (where I am writing from today), anti-DDoS laws have been in place since 2006 and could result in you being sent to jail for up to ten years. Similar laws have also been present in Sweden since 2007.
It's the same story in the USA, where they take a tough line on those who engage in denial-of-service attacks against websites. For instance, last year saw the jailing of a man who launched a DDoS attack against the Scientology website.

The owner of the UK clan really should get his act together and know what his admins are doing.

Is it okay to have rules against camping and other things and just ban one person? I see so many who camp in the combogib server yet do not get kicked, so why should i get kicked for bouncing? I wouldnt bounce if people did not camp....... Looks like sponge as selective banning, probably cause i always beat him in games and hes jealous..

I also forgot to mention, that as soon as i joined tonight i kept getting killed by sponge, when i finally was able to spawn and move there he was in our base at the corner in the map CTF-w00tabuous2 just spawn killing. So he actually did 2 things, against the rules, 1 Camping, 2 Spawnkilling. Waht a nice person to have as an admin!

So is it okay to ban some people and not others?

Is it okay for admins to DDOS people?

Whats the owner of he UK clan doing about this?

SilverWing
07-17-2012, 10:07 PM
1) If you bounce you will get banned. Nothing new, people have been banned in the past.
2) Bouncing because people are camping doesn't give you the right to do it.
3) Show me proof that Sponge DDosed you.

Denny30
07-17-2012, 10:15 PM
He didnt DDOS me tonight this was likee3 or 4 months ago, i already emailed the owner at the time. Right after he banned me my modem got fried...... I have had Broadband for like 5 years and not once as this happened to me. Then after my ISP gives me another modem because he fried that one, a week later sponge bans me again and low and behold my internet stops working, but before he could fry it again i unplugged it, and saved it, now you gotta be insane to think its not him, especially when i do not do much online....

As if thats not enough, tonight i enter the server and i could not move because of being spawnkilled by sponge, when i was finally able to move i saw him in the corner of our base just spawnkilling away... How is this fair at all? You have rules but admins can do whatever they want?

Shotman
07-17-2012, 10:17 PM
okay

first of all i dont think sponge knows hows to packet people.
second how do you know it was sponge
third the only person i know to packet is xhackx.

Denny30
07-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Well i know it was him who banned me because sometime after that ban was up a few months ago i saw him and asked if he was the one who banned me and he said yes.

Oh yeah another thing, let me find this email from the owner of UK "A screenshot that shows your ban reason as 'threatening to crash server' isn't really proof considering you could have done said just that."
So on top of everything else sponge did, he accused me of saying i threatened to crash the server?? How low can you get? I had no clue at the time that he accused me of that until the owner sent me that email telling me..... I have never ever threatened to crash a server in my life.. But of course was sponge required to give proof i did? of course not, and he would never be able to because i never did.

|uK|Tomahawk
07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Well let me give you a little tip if your story proves true. You need Evidence aka screenshots before any admin will do anything to one of our admins. And just from reading this, this dosent seem like sponge, if you find proof then well action will be taken. Well lets see what sponge has to say on the issue.

Denny30
07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Its fine. You think sponge is going to admit to it? I guess all you admins stick together, glad i left UK long ago

UcHiHa
07-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Guau, i dont get it, if this happened few months ago, why you come now? :S

|uK|Tomahawk
07-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Its fine. You think sponge is going to admit to it? I guess all you admins stick together, glad i left UK long ago

Im not a admin im just a regular member giving my opinion because as i said that dosent seem like Sponge. You said you were in |uK|? What was your name

Disturbed//*.
07-17-2012, 11:19 PM
if happened few months ago, why you come now?

^

|uK|Sponge
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I've warned/banned him multiples times for the same reason and he keeps doing it (frog jumping, bunny hoping)

--- Updated ---

He didnt DDOS me tonight this was likee3 or 4 months ago, i already emailed the owner at the time. Right after he banned me my modem got fried...... I have had Broadband for like 5 years and not once as this happened to me. Then after my ISP gives me another modem because he fried that one, a week later sponge bans me again and low and behold my internet stops working, but before he could fry it again i unplugged it, and saved it, now you gotta be insane to think its not him, especially when i do not do much online....

LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

he is making of stories to get my admin removed, he said he would talk to sam and get my admin removed the first time i banned him for bouncing.

when the ban expired he came to the server and told me that SAM allowed him to "bounce" and I couldnt ban him for doing that, I talked to blaze about it and he told me that bouncing is lame and bannable.

and about the camping/lamming, Im the only one admining the combogib at the moment, I do what I can, and I do ban campers.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2984/shot0206.png

have a good day sir.

Shotman
07-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Guau, i dont get it, if this happened few months ago, why you come now? :S

TBH i agree with why did it take you a long time to post this. If you think Sponge did admin abuse than post it asap with SS.

chris[CB]
07-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Sponge will ban you for laming,hell im friends with him hes banned me before,but i diserved it.Dont accuse someone of packeting unless you can prove it.Sponge no packets. good day sir's :)

SAM
07-18-2012, 02:19 AM
I've told you many times Denny. Provide the proof of your accusations. You see the problem is. Residential internets have so many switches and grids between the Internet, ISP and the client that DDoS attacks ate usually filtered out by the time it would 'hit' the ip.

Anyway. I'm sure such a serious case of misuse, the provider would know about and have some documented proof. Also, I am not responsible for other peoples actions. If someone misuses private or sensitive information (which I'm confident is not happening) then you should also provide proof. Fact is, I know a lot about DDoS. Your modem and put it this way. You modem would not 'fry' it'd be your CPU or hardware instead.

thyrex
07-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Ddosing is against law, defamation too, you should provide strong proofs before accuse someone ;)

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-18-2012, 07:22 PM
he was pOp

denny i dont see why any of our admins would do this kind of thing we have been around for almost 7 years and have affiliates with some very strong characters behind the scenes in UT as well as servers wise. if we were going to do this kind of thing dont you think more people would have spoken up? sponge does a good job on the combo server and i doubt he would target just you i have seen some of the bans hes placed and checked them out myself, and they are justified bans

so please post proof and show some respect to the clan and admins of which you were once a part of and stop throwing wild accusations.