PDA

View Full Version : Dreams, someone has to know how to stop them :(

Sakura
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I've been having bad nightmares and flashbacks for 3 4 weeks now. They seem to be getting worse because Im up to two a night now. I screamed the hardest I've ever did in my dreams and i felt my throat was swore. I wake up crying and I just don't want to go to sleep. What can I do? Im going to try and sleep on the floor today, I seriously hopes this works. I tried goggling it but it just said it was a" gift" and" you should try and understand them". Im not going that route. Any ideas please help. Thanks.

B|iss
03-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Did you drink lots of fluids or have a heavy meal before bed?

|uK|MiniWick
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
How about a doctor....

Sakura
03-01-2011, 07:10 PM
How about a doctor....

The medicine they would give me would fuck me up for life. Older people go crazy. I've got no intention of saying anythi ng to anybody except the person I love, friends, and you guys. And my friends just say" that sucks or laugh and say cool??? No help :( and I ate at 6. I had fried potatoes, and fake chicken.

I started having dreams in october, but they wouldn't be everyday and they weren't as depressing. I can think of only my eating habits and I don't eat enough. Or just the stress on me.

Sakura
03-01-2011, 08:04 PM
It could be my depression. My pill doesn't work like it used to. Getting depressed earlier, like I just need to take another. I'm not interested in things anymore. When I get home I stay in my room and sleep and text. Not motivated to do my homework and im tired most of the day. I feel cold when I have a sweatshirt and running tights and shorts on. Yea im alot more tired. And all this stress. I can't take this much. Then when I have these nightmares I feel physically mentally tired right after. It sets me off with a bad start. Maybe its the vitamin water. I took vitamins for two days and I cried when I got home. Mom said no pill with vitamins for you. Could be.

B|iss
03-02-2011, 12:13 AM
It sounds more of a self-mind game than a physical aspect. I think you may be letting your emotions overwhelm your life. Sleep and stress play a big role in everyones daily lives. I would suggest taking part in a hobby/interest apart from being inside the house to take your mind off of things; Especially the stress. Like say basketball(idk what example to use sry), it'll warm you up instead of being "cold/depressed".

IMO, i don't think its the vitamin water cause i use to drink huge sessions of Monster energy drinks every other day. One time i couldn't sleep at all, but no nightmares.

My advice would be stay away from fluids before bed. (i.e water)
Last time i did, i dreamt a mob of asian gansters raped and smashed my brand new car T_T and most recently i was smoking a joint(which i don't) and blowing smoke circles LOL.

Lee_Stricklin
03-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Don't know what to tell you, except deal with as best you can. If you start getting night terrors and/or wake up still in paralysis (this SUCKS, I've had this and terrors happen all too many times), then you need to take some serious measures to get your sleep schedule corrected. One way to make sure your falling asleep on time is to force yourself to stay awake until it's your bed time (or if you've gone like 20 or so hours, 3 hours before your bed time) and make sure your properly exhausted before trying to crash and avoiding caffeine or other stimulants for at least six hours before your bed time. Be careful when using that approach however, as it can very easily lead to night terrors and sleep paralysis. In the event you wake up in a sleep paralysis, do not panic and try to start out with gaining control of your fingertips. Also, keep a close watch on ANY medication a doctor gives you, especially anything that's supposed to alter you psychologically, I've actually had anti-depressants backfire on me before and do the opposite of what they should have.

Sakura
03-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Damn I had two dreams still. One was about my mom registered on here as her name. She found what I wrote and then we were in school and she fucking followed me to Spanish. And I had the other one. I do track and get home at 5. And at six I start sleeping and laying around. I tried to do my Spanish but my interest was. -5 . I can't even go downstairs and play ut, im not interested in anything at all. Ill have to not go in my room today... And lee ill stay up late... shit. I have a track meet. Well Saturday once I get home ill stay up late. 4 get up at 7. I don't even stay up till ten anymore. I want to go to bed at eight but parents would notice so I have to force myself to nine.

|uK|Chronox
03-02-2011, 07:40 AM
The best cure for this problem is inside ur head, dont depend on medicines that alter ur brain, just be relaxed and get out of home more often, everything can be done with determination.

lercs12
03-02-2011, 12:04 PM
mmmm sometimes nightmares hapen when you are trying to tell something to yourself, or when u avoid to face a situation, usually they mean something, but if u dont want to try and understand them, u can try other things.
u can try to sleep with music u like.
learn to take part on your own dreams, like controling them
I had that problem and personally I didnt want any medicine,

And, in a reserch I found that if u snore, u cant dream, I cant test this cuz I dont snore

Pie
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
And, in a reserch I found that if u snore, u cant dream, I cant test this cuz I dont snore

I snore pretty badly, and I still have weird vivid dreams every night. Nothing bad though.

Sakura
03-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Controlling them is soooo hard. I think its real in my dreams and I don't think. "Ooh I must be dreaming!"I feel better today. It could be the vitamin water? As long as I don't get cold ill be fine. And I finished my la project. Our subjects been suicide. How happy ami when I go there? Book is called thirteen reasons why and it sucks balls. Im going to burn it after. Worst book in the world. Don't read that ever. And someone likes me too, shows affection for me. Just texted me too :D hmm. ^.^ and they play with me too and we get Inna fight. >.< and out to the whole public lol <3 not as sad as yesterday thank god.

Koala
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
I've been having bad nightmares and flashbacks for 3 4 weeks now. They seem to be getting worse because Im up to two a night now. I screamed the hardest I've ever did in my dreams and i felt my throat was swore. I wake up crying and I just don't want to go to sleep. What can I do? Im going to try and sleep on the floor today, I seriously hopes this works. I tried goggling it but it just said it was a" gift" and" you should try and understand them". Im not going that route. Any ideas please help. Thanks.

This is actually a dream within a dream. You need to train your subconscious to be able to defend itself those who would invade your dreams. I specialize in a very specific type of security, dream security.

|uK|MiniWick
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM
man I miss nightmares.

Sakura
03-02-2011, 08:03 PM
This is actually a dream within a dream. You need to train your subconscious to be able to defend itself those who would invade your dreams. I specialize in a very specific type of security, dream security.

Invade my dreams? I've had this man named andrew talk to me in my head. He fell off a building in 9/11. And then an angel and the holy spirit too, I don't think it was this though. Holy spirit knew different languages but I could only use it in dreams. I've had that the angel and me in my head. Its like crowded and overwhelming. I haven't had this happen to me in a month. If its that kind of invader? Doctor wanted me to take something psycodic but I hear people/go crazy after they take that kind of stuff so fuck no.Im not sure if I should tell him about my dreams.I just know I get sleepy at at 6 14.

<|Pius|>
03-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Why don't you try going to a sleep therapy center? Or you could try and watch funny/happy movies before you go to sleep. In my experience dreams are just your last thought before you fall asleep, and it can take you away. I've had some crazy ass dreams. Lately they've been Ut-based (which I think means I need a life) or dreams where you can control everything that happens. You have to train yourself and NOT BE SCARED. Remember that it's all in your head and you are in control. I used to sleep a lot (like 16 hours a day when I could) and there was a time when I could control everything that happened around me when I was dreaming, maybe you just need more sleep. I guess the best advice I can give you is to chill out and just let go of whatever you're holding onto thats giving you these horrible dreams. Good Luck Man.

Lee_Stricklin
03-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Sleep therapy center = lol wut?

I honestly don't know what to tell you, I suggest finding someone that specializes in this stuff, maybe a shrink or something. I've had similar problems before, but don't know how I got rid of them.

<|Pius|>
03-03-2011, 03:51 AM
sleep therapy center is a place where people that specialize in that stuff watch you sleep and hook you up to a bunch of electronics and what not, google it. :D

Blackout
03-03-2011, 07:49 AM

Am I the only one who got the joke?

Fucking brilliant may I say Mr Cobb.

B|iss
03-03-2011, 12:09 PM
lol inception

Sakura
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Oh shit. I didn't see that. When the movie came out I turned vegetarian. That's how I remember.

UNrealshots
03-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Try working out before you go to bed. Watch a funny movie. Try laying on your side. Read a book. Draw on a piece of paper. Color somthing etc.

UNrealshots
03-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Staying up for long periods of time *weekly* will mess with your mind try getting sleeping pills or eat/drink somthing that will make you fall asleep.

terminator
03-04-2011, 10:07 AM
No no! This is old but good cure for nightmares http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQSKQN8Llk
Always helped me :P

<|Pius|>
03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Seven Days....

Sakura
03-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Nightmares stopped for two days now. Idk why. And I gotta necklace and a rose from my lover! We were holding eachother and we almost kissed but then my mom called. -.- . -.- -.- -.- :) <333333

lercs12
03-05-2011, 12:44 PM
the best solution in the world

Lee_Stricklin
03-05-2011, 04:54 PM
@ Sakura
Ahhh, that's so cute! *vomits*

Sakura
03-05-2011, 04:57 PM
:/ we went up at kent states highest point where announcers go. And then we kissed and a black fat man guard told us to get off so we ran down and back to the track field. He got up there and stared at us as we ran away o.o

Sakura
03-11-2011, 07:06 AM
I had another dream which I thought was pretty cool. I was in a karate place and I was upset because it wasn't my regular one, not the same people, small, and a bunch of kids running around. I was like screaming wtf and I ran outside to this snow pile. I climbed over it running from them, and there was this car. With a washer machine. Old invented in 1960 I think, by N? Biamer ? I opened the top, nothing. But it, kept going like a slide to somewhere. So I climbed in it. I slid down and when I reached the other side, I opened the lid up, and I was in another world. Maybe in future cleveland. I seen poor people/on the streets in the car garage. I was by the big key bank tower. I seen Lilian from my skool. It was 9 and I didn't really mean to run away from them forever, I needed to get back home. So she brought me to this car with two washer machines. We didn't know which one, but the first blue one ended. So I took the red one. It had stuff in it so it took awhile for it to work. It sucked me in and then I opened the lid up. I went back to the karate place. They were having dinner and they said right in time. So I had noodles with these korean people. That's about all I remember lol

Sakura
04-03-2011, 12:57 PM
I was trapped in a classroom and adults were going to kill us. I escaped and went to the lunch room where 11 and 12 graders were. Water split the room and they couldn't find me. Two adults were guarding and I stood up and said" I escaped, this is not your job to kill kids. We need to get out of here before the killers come. The two teachers unlocked the gate and we ran out of the building. Then this big ass robot dinosaur with two adults with guns came and started shooting at us. We split up like deer and the dino followed me. I got to a path where I was high up and the water river was 600meters down. I climbed the rock wall but the dino caught up. Then I remember me in water sliding down with people shooting at me. Then I woke up. Wanted to write it down. >.>

|uK|Anthrax
04-03-2011, 01:06 PM
I dreamed I killed a rabbit =/

terminator
04-03-2011, 02:09 PM
i dreamed that i was sleeping in a big bed and had a very nice dream. Then i woke up and then i woke up again

lercs12
04-03-2011, 04:52 PM
i dreamed that i was sleeping in a big bed and had a very nice dream. Then i woke up and then i woke up again

hapened to me once