PDA

View Full Version : Should Niven be removed?

'Zac
07-25-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm here to protest whether Niven should be removed. Here are some reasons.
1. Causes HUGE HUGE spam.
2. Takes FOREVER
3. One team always gets spawn trapped in.
4. It's extremely small.
5. It was never ment to be put into a siege map. ( i think :/ )

LOOK. THEY CAN BARELY GET IN OR OUT
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/Shot0019.jpg

ACF
07-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I agree this map is a fail map, especially for siege, the long narrow pathways are ridiculous. Some of the maps loaded there arent played for a reason or never voted.

Moskva
07-26-2012, 03:58 AM
A few versions of it should be removed, because maybe there are too many bathrooms, too many etc. but the difference is that all the versions of niven are basically the same, but at least keep one, since its a very popular map among the players.

Banny
07-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Stop bitching about niven seriously. If you don't like it just go on some other fucking server and come back when it's over. And It's not like you can't get out of it. an EMP + 2-3 nukes together can screw it up for the opposing team ..So I'd say NO.

But yeah i agree that other versions of niven should be removed.

kthxbye

|uK|fleecey
07-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Stop bitching about niven seriously. If you don't like it just go on some other fucking server and come back when it's over. And It's not like you can't get out of it. an EMP + 2-3 nukes together can screw it up for the opposing team ..So I'd say NO.

But yeah i agree that other versions of niven should be removed.

kthxbye

1. You guys complain a lot about this map.
2. People actually vote it even if I am not playing or chis, that means people actually like niven.
3. There is people who doesn't like other maps, so easy way out is: DON'T PLAY THEN.
4. I have to agree with Banny, there is too many of niven on the server. Just leave the normal niven and remove the rest and do the same of bathrooms. One map of everything is fine, isn't it?

Keith
07-26-2012, 07:33 AM
Niven sucks, just to add fuel to the fire

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-26-2012, 09:43 AM
NIVEN SUCKS

90% of players who vote it just spam the door... they only vote for spam... it's fact

if peoples like or not niven... the result of poll will answer this (double of votes for REMOVE, by now)

more than half now HUIUIAE
=DDD

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-26-2012, 09:56 AM
sorry double

'Zac
07-26-2012, 10:48 AM
But Niven causes people to get pissed cause the team thats locked in, they start raging. as u can see in the picture Itchy Ballz ( lol ) turned to blue because he couldnt do crap. This is not seige.

--- Updated ---

1. You guys complain a lot about
yeah cause its just totally stupid. causes bunchs of problems. but i agree that having only 1 niven would be fine. but just the plain but the [C] fixed niven.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-26-2012, 11:18 AM
yes, the [C] is the version less bad

Banny
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Stop whining. I said an EMP + a couple of nukes can get the job done if you are trapped inside.

'Zac
07-26-2012, 11:55 AM
people vote for it because its the most valuable map to be better than usual in a REAL map. u get to nuke with out a problem, just leech in the door and get like 500 RU, EMP and do new stuff u never did before without a problem. plus we had a max of about 6000 RU, the other team had a max of 600. fair map? hell no

'Zac
07-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Stop whining. I said an EMP + a couple of nukes can get the job done if you are trapped inside.

how can they build nukes when the other team is throwing thousands of rockets in. disturbed was on the other team last night when were playing. he said their max RU was 600 and going down. terrible

Disturbed//*.
07-26-2012, 01:10 PM
UM[=-Zac;34286']how can they build nukes when the other team is throwing thousands of rockets in.

You Build Nukes in Core Room, Then You Nuke The SC And SP, Then you should get atleast 1300, Then you just make nukes and nukes,
Another thing is, You Can make tele's, if your trapped. Sometimes you'll spawn outside, then you just Rush to somewhere save make tele, tell your team.

PS. Ru limit wasnt 600 cause of being trapped, it was 600 cause my dumb team just made 2 Conts, And 1 Suplier, Didnt even have a SS the whole match.

|uK|Rays
07-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Yes, please remove.

|uK|fleecey
07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't think it matters, who many people who will dislike it. It will stay on the server.
Some people hate, some people love it. Just deal with it.. How hard can it be?

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-26-2012, 03:52 PM
niven is terrible one team will always get pushed back to their core and even then most players seem to spam the sup instead of hitting the core when its wide open.

im seriously considering removing this map even though i love playing it in an evenly contested game not one sided

Keith
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't think it matters, who many people who will dislike it. It will stay on the server.
Some people hate, some people love it. Just deal with it.. How hard can it be?
How can you be so sure fleece? You know that is a community poll.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
07-26-2012, 10:32 PM
saying "dont like it then leave" is not good for the server traffic so thats a stupid thing to say.

blocking a team in their base is not the definition of "seige" (google its definition), you dont cut off and resources, you just create spam.

to answer banny - nuke and EMP, ok emp fine, but you cant get close enough to the doors most of the time to nuke due to rediculous amount of spam being fired in.

the map becomes one sided once a team blocks the other in and if they have glitched SC's then you cant get them anyway, even if you try to telefrag them im sure they have a tele close by to repair all emp'd builds so your tele doesnt stand a chance.

it isnt the map that needs to be removed, its the closed minded attitude "lets block them in so we are dominant" style of gameplay, i deliberately when i can, build a SC in our own base so my team cant do that, others need to follow suit and then niven will be enjoyable to play.

dont kill the server traffic because you think "its cool" to block the other team in their base, its stupid and drags out a game making it no fun, dont block the doors and people wont complain, saying its a tactic is complete crap.

Moskva
07-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Either way, people wont be able to glitch super containers anymore (SOON APPARENTLY), so this tactic of blocking wont exist...

|uK|Rays
07-27-2012, 02:12 AM
You can't expect people to change the way they play though. Niven is a map that takes close quarter fighting too far just like bathrooms takes long range fighting too far. What I mean is all anyone does in Niven is spam rockets, flak, and shock. Normally I would be on-board with a map with no sniper, but it's way too much spam with a server that has 24 player slots. A packed server on Niven should not even be considered Unreal Tournament, it's more like a bunch of apes throwing shit at each other. Bathrooms is the same way, except you have to factor in the people who spam ripper at the walls. All anyone does is set up their mega camp stations and fire away. Bathrooms is too big, Niven is too small, both are ridiculously spammy and should gtfo. Butchered is the best example of a medium sized map that flows well, and it doesn't need cheap teles/rocket cannons through walls or nuke rooms to be that way either.

|uK|chiseller
07-27-2012, 04:14 AM
What Banny said.

|uK|fleecey
07-27-2012, 04:53 AM
How can you be so sure fleece? You know that is a community poll.

What about the people on the server who votes it and isn't register on the fourm? They don't count in this?

I don't think it should be removed, not the normal one at least.. but maybe you guys can change it so when it's been voted you have to wait awhile before you can vote it and do that on some of the other maps too that is overplayed.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-27-2012, 09:37 AM
fleece is the only who posted defending this fucking map... but over 10 posted against niven.
I think WE want this map removed from the server

keep only [C] version, it's the only not spam version

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-27-2012, 11:22 AM
sw pull your fucking finger out for fucks sake

|uK|fleecey
07-27-2012, 11:31 AM
AdRiaN;34353']fleece is the only who posted defending this fucking map... but over 10 posted against niven.
I think WE want this map removed from the server

keep only [C] version, it's the only not spam version

So? I like this map and I want it to be on the server.
There is a lot of other maps I don't like, but I still play them or I leave.
Remove all other nivens except the normal one.

Moko
07-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Map is horrible, granted others like it, nothing against them, but the map lasts for hours and hours and goes no-where. -.-
I'd say remove all except the version with the extra passageway (I assume [C]?).

Plus all the leech in that map makes the server SUPER laggy. D:

When that bug is fixed though, the map would probably be more delightful to play.

Edit: 3 people are defending the map: Fleece, Banny, and Chis.
Fleece isn't the only one, not need to snap at here. :S...:X

ACF
07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
We want niven gone, i think the majority of us have voted for it to be gone, this map makes no sense, its a waste of time, and unfair. Also the people who vote it are trolls, they know the map sucks and they just vote it to be asshats. All it is is pathway spam. Its a joke

Higor
07-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Voted yes, because this increases chances of Coret being voted on 7%.
:troll:

Vatiko//
07-28-2012, 03:42 AM
guys, judging by the number of votes, We just lost our most valuable player- Master CHIMP .

Shotman
07-28-2012, 02:50 PM
why not put another answer? Like no - if there are edits

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
07-28-2012, 03:24 PM
guys, judging by the number of votes, We just lost our most valuable player- Master CHIMP .
yeah hasue chimp really always vote niven HAISUEH

'Zac
07-31-2012, 08:33 PM
The results are in. More than double of No for Yes. So, is it gonna stay? stop the madness once and for all?

CrashingCami
07-31-2012, 09:23 PM
28,13% is a significant percentage, so I don't think it would be fair to take it off... Thats just my opinion
Erase the other versions as you all have said, leaving just one... like the one with the halls or something

damic
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
omfg! Remove this fuckin noob map! : o

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-01-2012, 04:45 PM
28,13% is a significant percentage, so I don't think it would be fair to take it off... Thats just my opinion
Erase the other versions as you all have said, leaving just one... like the one with the halls or something

the problem dont is what more than 7 out of 10 players think this map should be removed... the true reason is the total spam, ALL games in niven, 90% of gametime is spam, it's not to 'play' siege, everyone get bio, rocket... and keep shooting the door, any 5yo kid or a mental delayed can do this

Coll@
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
niven is terible siege map, even if im in wining team I dont enjoy.

I agree with adrian that [C] version is better because there is not only one entrance so no spamm

I also think SW or someone shud check maps % vote becouse there is alot maps witch didnt voted 6 months + , so remove those maps or make it more for siege with some simple changes.

fleece please explain what is funny in niven an pllls tell me how that make you feel ?

Moskva
08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
an pllls tell me how that make you feel ?

WHY YOU APES STEAL MY LINE

Higor
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Lol, last week I got second to Vatiko with over 120 frags in Niven, by only using and abusing the Flak Cannon.

About map vote, there are lots of great maps that don't get voted due to APE factor in players.
Removing those isn't fair, I propose modding the MapVote to instantly autoload a random map every 5 or 6 matches to give some variety.

Neff
08-13-2012, 02:42 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};34322']saying "dont like it then leave" is not good for the server traffic so thats a stupid thing to say.

blocking a team in their base is not the definition of "seige" (google its definition), you dont cut off and resources, you just create spam.

to answer banny - nuke and EMP, ok emp fine, but you cant get close enough to the doors most of the time to nuke due to rediculous amount of spam being fired in.

the map becomes one sided once a team blocks the other in and if they have glitched SC's then you cant get them anyway, even if you try to telefrag them im sure they have a tele close by to repair all emp'd builds so your tele doesnt stand a chance.

it isnt the map that needs to be removed, its the closed minded attitude "lets block them in so we are dominant" style of gameplay, i deliberately when i can, build a SC in our own base so my team cant do that, others need to follow suit and then niven will be enjoyable to play.

dont kill the server traffic because you think "its cool" to block the other team in their base, its stupid and drags out a game making it no fun, dont block the doors and people wont complain, saying its a tactic is complete crap.

I built SC's that didn't block the other team from getting out - built a SP/SM where you could get through and my team flowed through and destroyed theirs.

If people would work as a team and they could get out, maybe emp/nuke; seems hardly anyone will emp for their team though.

|uK|Sonic
08-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Niven should be removed because its spam and is not a good siege map. So if the poll was not closed id vote YES! :dog:
Obviously up to admins tho...so where does this situation stand?

noggieB
10-13-2012, 01:24 PM
I prefer to vote the version with two doors, but I can never find it. I will look for CTF-[C]Niven.

Do you think the two-door version plays ok? Perhaps it would be voted more if it was renamed CTF-Niven[C]!

BTW I think 4v4 Niven is pretty fun. But when 12 more players join ... ^^

.seVered.][
10-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I prefer to vote the version with two doors, but I can never find it. I will look for CTF-[C]Niven.

Do you think the two-door version plays ok? Perhaps it would be voted more if it was renamed CTF-Niven[C]!

BTW I think 4v4 Niven is pretty fun. But when 12 more players join ... ^^

I think the 2 door niven was killed the first day by Blaze, he removed it... and 4 way NIVEN? haven't seen that one. But Niven is more fun now that you can't get "LOCKED IN" so easily. You can be 'dominated' and they can fortify your door, but it takes good teamwork and constant support to maintain it.

|uK|Grimreaper
10-14-2012, 02:01 AM
i want to thank higor for u know what <3!!!!

.seVered.][
10-15-2012, 02:15 AM
i want to thank higor for u know what <3!!!!

No, we don't know
u know what <3!!!!

What is it you want to thank him for? Do tell... Hmmmm....

|uK|Grimreaper
10-15-2012, 08:02 PM
nope :P

itchy_ballz
10-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes, it can be frustrating. And forcefields do not help the situation :) Sorry, inside joke.

Booty
10-03-2013, 02:18 AM
This was a year old discussion.. I think we can safely conclude that map is still there, which is good. Just because some people do not like it doesnt mean that It has to be removed. Dont like it, wait till it finishes.

[R]^Osyris
10-03-2013, 03:48 AM
USUALLY THIS MAP KILL THE GAMES. IF U WANT SEE HOW PEOPLE START LEAVE JUST LOOK IN NIGHT HOW PEOPLE VOTE THIS MAP AND LEAVE. AND CAMP STATION WITH SP AND CONTAINERS IN DOORS IS SO GAY.

SAM
10-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Well we are all great fans of polls and enforcing the votes. Maybe Niven should be removed

[R]^Osyris
10-03-2013, 04:36 AM
BIG DADDY speak ))))))))))

deluxeorgasm
10-03-2013, 04:46 AM
I absolutely agree about removing

kushface
10-03-2013, 05:23 AM
100 piston kills ftw

Booty
10-03-2013, 05:41 AM
This is a revenge map where you can release the tension ... DONT REMOVE IT, PLEASE! ... 1385

audiosonic
10-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Damn so this was what I couldn't remember when people talked about the mine limit, im want to see the hypocritical bitches to talk now plis, ty.

|uK|chiseller
10-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Well we are all great fans of polls and enforcing the votes. Maybe Niven should be removed

Please do so. I'd rather have Niven removed than play this current Siege.

[R]^Osyris
10-03-2013, 01:32 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img109/7663/9fk3.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/4337/bxj4.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/263/4a5r.png

JAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJA

: Cerdo:

NICE ADMIN )))))))

|uK|kenneth
10-03-2013, 02:08 PM
alot of players have done this before no?

[R]^Osyris
10-04-2013, 04:38 PM
That not is the point my litte padawan... i big power need a big responsability... ohhh yeahhh baby!!!:-D

Stormy
10-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Yes its a spam map

But its not so bad at mornings when there are not many people , its popular

We have two Niven map in the mapvote, i think one is enough

Remove one Niven and we can vote only once

Crsk
10-04-2013, 10:10 PM
yes remove please :) or put a restriction -as nexgen does- on how many times the map can be voted in a row of 50 matches, 1 eg.

terminator
10-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Damn so this was what I couldn't remember when people talked about the mine limit, im want to see the hypocritical bitches to talk now plis, ty.
Definately!! Wonder where is |uK|fleecey now.. calling on polls and it's votes.

|uK|kenneth
10-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I am pretty sure that she wouldnt have any problems with this map being removed or not.

|uK|chiseller
10-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Indeed. If you call others hypocrites when they stand up for what they like or dislike while others sit on their asses then logic ain't your strongest trait, amongst other.

Moskva
10-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Probably most know I dont like Niven, but I voted NO so the people who like it can enjoy it in a PUBLIC server

If you wanna get exquisite in your map taste, come PUG, I'll make sure to put you down to your reality, you so called "pub heroes"

audiosonic
10-06-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't even vote in these polls at all since I don't play public anymore (maybe once a month), but if you call SAM out for not listening to the public in one poll (mine limit) but simply ignore it in the past (i.e, this poll => for your own benefit), that my friend is called being a hypocrite. But if you are proud of being a hypocrite, then that's fine, whatever floats your boat n__n.

utbusta
10-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Keep it, even though I don't like it it is one of the few maps that I actually know by name. What would I do if I didn't have niven, probably eat ice cream.

|uK|fleecey
10-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Definately!! Wonder where is |uK|fleecey now.. calling on polls and it's votes.

First of all, I thought chiseller's post were pretty good so I didn't have to make an input in this.

I am pretty sure that she wouldnt have any problems with this map being removed or not.

I wouldn't mind if SAM remove it.
Hope this answer please you termi since you wanted my input...

Booty
10-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Niven: 1392