PDA

View Full Version : Think you've got what it takes?

.seVered.][
08-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Try mapping for yourself and see if you've got what it takes!

> Start Here ('http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/index.php?dsps=3') <

Disturbed//*.
08-02-2012, 12:36 AM
I have to say mapping is not easy, take a lot of time and thinking.
I used BBDrac(BirraBrother) Website to help me out, they have very good tutorials, from basic subration rooms, to Curved Hallways(2D-editor),
I've been mapping for about 7 months the last 1 1/2 months i have pretty much just been on unreal editor all day to learn more and more.

I Would love to see some more people make maps. :)

Higor
08-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Once I finish my stuff, I'll get into a second map.
Luckily for me, it will only be an edit of an 'Unreal single player map', the planned map mechanics, like the my current project are things yet to be experienced in a Siege gametype.

Edit, the original map song has 2 sections, I plan to add a trigger that makes the combat part of the song to start playing once there's less than 10 minutes of time left.

Bolous
08-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I think I'll try it :D

.seVered.][
08-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Once I finish my stuff, I'll get into a second map.
Luckily for me, it will only be an edit of an 'Unreal single player map', the planned map mechanics, like the my current project are things yet to be experienced in a Siege gametype.

Edit, the original map song has 2 sections, I plan to add a trigger that makes the combat part of the song to start playing once there's less than 10 minutes of time left.

That was supposed be a secret! You didn't tell them about that one girl did you... the one with the whip and the cuffs? phew good, wouldn't want them to know about dat.

nOs*Wildcard
08-02-2012, 08:53 PM
All of you brave souls Beware of the UED G0bl1n! He always waits in the shadows waiting for the right moment to come out and strike! the UED G0bl1n will relentlessly troll you and I've seen almost all of his trickery first hand! my short sanity saving tips are

Save under a new filename I recomend numbering such as YourMapName001, YourMapName002, YourMapName003 etc I had over 700 version of RedVemberX seriously! It's worth it all the way.

Under these conditions save a new version

* Rebuild.
* Before Vertex Editing
* Before Importing Textures
* Before Importing Sounds
* Before Deleting Textures

I could probaly think of many more however I just know subconsiously when to save before the UED G0bl1n tries something, So in the mean time be sure to randomly save frequently there is NOTHING wrong with that and it will always keep you one step ahead of the UED G0bl1n.

I've been mapping for a long time It's rare the UED G0bl1n catches me off guard and I lose something. Be on your toes mappers!

Moko
08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Mapping scares the life out of me.

Lol, nice sig Mr. Wildcard. =P

Disturbed//*.
08-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Save under a new filename I recomend numbering such as YourMapName001, YourMapName002, YourMapName003
Yes, Well said WC, I Have learned my lesson many times. Always SAVE No matter what.

Shotman
08-03-2012, 03:04 AM
i have videos of great tutorials done by RisingFury from {TSU} clan, but do not know where i put them.

.seVered.][
08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
i have videos of great tutorials done by RisingFury from {TSU} clan, but do not know where i put them.

There are a few ways you can do this.

1. Use a hosting service. Like MediaFire (https://www.mediafire.com/select_account_type.php#step-1) or PhotoBucket ('http://photobucket.com/')

(Recommended Method)
2. Or you can Upload them to the downloads ('http://www.unrealkillers.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2") section and put a link to the downloads in your post. If you need help upload to the forum, just ask.

3. Or you send them to me in email.

'Zac
08-03-2012, 01:06 PM
lol i remember when i started mapping, i looked everywhere for tuts, then i found UM and they taught me and gave me websites, videos, etc. god it was hard before but once you hit that feeling of success in one map, you feel amazing.

FFVII
08-04-2012, 10:02 AM
someday ive found the thing called UnrealED on ut folder,and double cliked it,then i learned everything i know by myself,and i wasted a long time to know how to move the brush on the start hehe...

'Zac
08-04-2012, 10:24 AM
lol yeah i self taught that my self. when i first started i though you were starting out of a big subscraction. so youll need to put a cube and youll stand on it xD. but its the oppisite

Shotman
08-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Ued2 is easy compare to dromed (thief's editor) Though they upgraded the editor(looks like Ued) when the third came out Thief Deadly Shadows.