PDA

View Full Version : Overkill? There is no such thing.

Lee_Stricklin
08-03-2012, 05:40 AM
hehehe, sometime during my break from UT99 I did a massive upgrade to my sound system which snow-balled off of me finding some speakers at a yard sale that I knew would voice match another pair that I planned to restore. The end result was, well... The weakest speakers in my setup have twelves on them and I'm currently trying to figure out how to solve an issue they have with shaking my desk so that my mouse cursor doesn't jump all over the place... keep in mind I do NOT have a subwoofer hooked up, needless to say these things kick pretty hard.

Specs
----------
Front: A pair of Sanyo SS 900s (4 inch tweeter, 5 inch mid, 14 inch woofer), got them for $40 off a yard sale
Center: A pair of Fisher (aka Sanyo, this line of speaker voice-matches my setup, 3 inch tweeter, 4 inch mid, 10 inch woofer) STV-720s hooked up in parallel, I had to fix a tear on one of the woofers (lol sports tape the back of the cone) but I only paid $5 for them
Rear: A pair of Sanyo SS 685s (3 inch tweeter, 4 inch mid, 12 inch woofer), bid maxed out at $2.25 on ebay but I paid the guy $20 to deliver them
Microphone: IAsus NT3 throat mic

Future upgrades
---------
Rear: Another pair of Sanyo SS 900s
Sides: A restored pair of Sanyo SS 695s (basically an updated version of the 690s, except that the drivers have casings around them just like the 900s)
Sub: I might hook up a bass shaker to the chair

Here's what one of my front channels looks like:
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/8544261/img/8544261.jpg

Moko
08-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Rofl wow. xD

Noob Crossing
08-08-2012, 12:03 AM
that comodore 64 is the overkill>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.seVered.][
08-08-2012, 02:48 AM
that comodore 64 is the overkill>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Only if it has the extended memory cartidge and the Cassette storage system.

Lee_Stricklin
08-08-2012, 08:00 AM
[;35342']Only if it has the extended memory cartidge and the Cassette storage system.

I actually don't have it hooked up yet lol I got to make some modifications to my desk and grab some switch boxes and adapters for my monitor. When it's all said and done though, I'll have two keyboard trays installed (one for my Model M, the other for my Dreamcast keyboard) with the C64 sitting in front of my CRT monitor. I will also have my entire console collection (most of which is currently sitting on a shelf to the immediate right of my other front speaker) along with a VCR and my Commodore 64 hooked up to my monitor's secondary input. Who needs a girlfriend when you have all this cool shit within less than four feet of you? lol

As you can see I have a small collection of consoles, a pair of beat up Sanyo SS 695s (gonna have to redo quite a bit on these), and tons of other clutter I need to finish cleaning up to the immediate right of where I'm currently sitting.
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/8926540/img/8926540.jpg

Also just for the hell of it I found a pic of what my center speakers look like. I currently have my desk pressing these against the wall with the cabinets to the immediate sides of my monitor.
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/8627203/img/8627203.jpg