Will this work? [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Will this work?

FFVII
08-07-2012, 12:17 PM

My question is:Will it work normally on siege? i mean,other items are all removed on siege,and i want to know if it will work to put a hidden metal suit...

|uK|kenneth
08-07-2012, 12:37 PM
hmm i guess it is but people wil only save for the metal suit.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-07-2012, 01:25 PM
sei não, isso é metal suit de outra versão do siege, acho que o siege do uk não vai reconhecer

FFVII
08-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Mas achei isso no package:SiegeUltimateRC12B.u

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-07-2012, 03:23 PM
sim, o do uk é SiegeUltimateRC7... pro mapa rodar acho que todo mundo vai ter que baixar esse RC12B (eu tenho essa também)

FFVII
08-07-2012, 04:26 PM
acho q da sim entao,esse RC12B o cara baxa automaticamente da primera vez q conecta no server,e c precisa no mapa,o cara baxa auto tambem,qq tex e umx q precisar

Higor
08-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Package dependancy, you can't add anything that references an object from the SiegeUltimate package, or any other Siege version.

FFVII
08-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Why not? i thought u automatically downloaded the package needed for something on the map....

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-08-2012, 07:49 AM
não funfo, aquele outro mapa seu (JAS) pediu o SiegeUltimate12B
faz o seguinte, remove TUDO que for dessa versão do siege, tira o siege do EditPackages na ut.ini, clica com botao direito num visualizador 2D, poe select all, control + C, poe em New Map, clica num visualizador 2D de novo e control V.

|uK|Grimreaper
08-08-2012, 09:47 PM
if i remember correctly there was a map like november or something 2 submarines had rubber suit in them in the water and somewhere high in the bases there was metal suit

|uK|kenneth
08-09-2012, 10:19 AM
if i remember correctly there was a map like november or something 2 submarines had rubber suit in them in the water and somewhere high in the bases there was metal suit

yep true.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-09-2012, 10:30 AM
yes, was a wildcard's redvember version... but he used one own package on this map, if you use any siege version package everyone will need donwload this siege for play the map

Higor
08-09-2012, 03:36 PM
As soon as I release the map, you'll find an item spawner in the Shared Resources Package (which i'm developing with the map).
It can insert items without any kind of code dependancy, with preset timers and charge.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-09-2012, 04:00 PM
As soon as I release the map, you'll find an item spawner in the Shared Resources Package (which i'm developing with the map).
It can insert items without any kind of code dependancy, with preset timers and charge.

but is possible edit (spanw time, drawscale ect) the item on propriets right?

Higor
08-09-2012, 04:03 PM
So far it can edit:
Respawn time
Initial spawn time (prevent rush)
Rotation rate
Custom charge (or ammo in case of weapons)

But adding other properties is possible, after all it's still being developed.

|uK|MiniWick
08-09-2012, 07:24 PM
** off topic **

I liked this guy's name and all until he started talking =\

nOs*Wildcard
08-10-2012, 06:31 AM
Download this "Map" I made
http://siegextreme.com/Downloads/Mapping/Embed-SuitsMetalAndRubber.unr

♦ Open Unreal Editor.
♦ Open This Map.
♦ Open Your Map
♦ Insert Metal Suit
♦ Save Your Map Under A New Name

The Suits are now embeded in your map and don't care about Siege Versions and have no dependencies.
The Rubber Suit is also Included.

I know I'm a damn wizard I can't help it.

FFVII
08-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks! Hope it works... but i have to end the map first.(i went to another meanwhile this happened)

.seVered.][
08-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Neato, I like it..

BTW ... is this what FFVII means? (My oldest son was totally hooked on this series, I spent HUNDREDs
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs10/PRE/i/2006/158/7/b/FFVII__AC_Wallpaper_by_Hellknight10.jpg).

FFVII
08-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah,i would say Final Fantasy VII is the best game on the world...

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah,i would say Final Fantasy VII is the best game on the world...

i second that there are quite a large number of people who would strongly agree on this statement as well!

.seVered.][
08-10-2012, 05:24 PM
So did you get it to work? embedding that is...

FFVII
08-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I dont know,i would have to post a level with this to someone download and try... I think this would be the idea at least,because testing alone obviously work...

nOs*Wildcard
08-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Common, Just do as I said it's so damn simple. Just visit the level I provided for you in UnrealEd then visit your own level and place the suits in anywhere and save under a different name. If you want I can do it myself. I been using UnrealEd for package manipulation for years I know just about every trick. Go ahead and give it a shot already!

FFVII
08-11-2012, 07:30 AM
I tried again puting the suits on the level i am making and builded all and saved with other name,but when i opened the level on ut this happened:

Also i cant edit the level anymore,but im relieved that i still have the normal level before doing this...

nOs*Wildcard
08-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Stupid sound error I know how to work around this I could explain how to dodge this stupid error when it comes to embedding the suits but it would be easier if I just embeded it in your map however I will explain anyways..

open the map I made you and go to the sound browser and export all the sounds to any folder JUST Keep the filenames it suggest you don't rename the sounds. Then open your map embed the suits and go to the sound browser and delete the the sounds that are in the browser and import the ones you saved earlier that should clean it up and always ALWAYS... Save this map under a new name.

Worst case scenario PM me the map and I'll whip it into shape I know all the ways around these mysterious BS Errors I've sparred with the UED Goblin for way too long not to know his tricks

EDIT: I just replicated an embed with CTF-Face same BS sound error now testing my work around which im pretty damn sure will succede.

EDIT: I Just tested it out their is quite a lot of BS step you have to do to side step the unrealEd Troll er... Goblin

Step 1: Open the map I gave you.
Step 2: Export the sounds from the MyLevel package listed in the sound browser under the filenames it suggest
Step 3: Play both sounds in UnrealEd by double clicking them or pressing the play button
Step 4: Open the texture browser and view all the textures in the MyLevel package be sure to click the all button.
Step 5: Open your map and delete the sounds from MyLevel
Step 6: Import the sounds you exported earlier make sure the package name is MyLevel.
Step 7: Place the suits in your map that you want.
Step 8: Always save under a different name.

See in 8 easy steps you will defeat the UED Goblin in no time!
Good Luck, Let me know how it goes.