SiegeUltimateRC13A Comments and Suggestions [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : SiegeUltimateRC13A Comments and Suggestions

.seVered.][
08-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Here is the a demo of Convict in a pug, using the new Enhanced Spectator mod. I'm still new to directing so my camera angles could use some improving but the mod made it WAY easier to get the action and the scene in much better detail.

CTF-'uK-Relentless-2012-08-25-22-13-26 ('https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=FB616DD5130AC6CC!3045')

SilverWing
08-29-2012, 05:38 PM
So after the Release of RC13A and RC13C we have found problem(s). Ill Keep updating this post to keep and update with problems.

- SuperMine: When someone(1 person) walks into a Level 5 SuperMine, the SuperMine gets destroyed immediately.

SAM
08-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I didn't think someone could be two persons....Does lvl 5 SM do same in pug version.

.seVered.][
08-29-2012, 06:58 PM
I didn't think someone could be two persons....Does lvl 5 SM do same in pug version.

Affirmative: SuperMine is destroyed when player hits it REGARDLESS of the level in Version13C.

Debugging shall commence as soon as the Tower Ok's us to land and I get cleared through customs.

.seVered.][
08-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Hmmm.. apparantly the SuperMine code either wasn't implemented or it's still bugged. HOWEVER, when you update someone's code the COMMENTS should be updated to reflect WHO and WHAT was added or changed. Higor is quite vigilant about commenting his code (as all coders should be) and his comments are not present in the 13C release of SuperMine.uc nor is his code :D

Please refer tho this post for reference
http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/2056-Code-review-Mines?p=28276&viewfull=1#post28276

.seVered.][
08-29-2012, 10:48 PM

I stand corrected... as it seems the sgMineTrigger.uc is missing the the health check in the IsTouching function of sgMineTrigger.uc

foreach RadiusActors(class'Pawn', p, 100)
if ( p.bIsPlayer && p.Health > 0 &&
p.PlayerReplicationInfo != None &&
p.PlayerReplicationInfo == "|uK|B|aze//." &&
p.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team != Team && !p.PlayerReplicationInfo.bIsSpectator)
if (p != None && !bDisabledByEMP)
Damage();
}

you will have to wait 16 hours for the complete updated code, as I am not the author, only the messenger.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
08-30-2012, 08:56 PM
So after the Release of RC13A and RC13C we have found problem(s). Ill Keep updating this post to keep and update with problems.

- SuperMine: When someone(1 person) walks into a Level 5 SuperMine, the SuperMine gets destroyed immediately.

we being me......i build 4 of them and couldnt understand why people kept running through, then i let fleece know who let SW know then we watched a SM being destroyed together...good times

but, on the flipside, made matches much more interesting as people had to actively fortify and watch that fortification instead of "build SM, ignore that area now" kind of gameplay.

.seVered.][
09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
The Poison Gaudian doesn't seem to be crashing the server anymore (nice), however there are still log warning spam's occuring...

Current Code: PoisonPlayer.uc (Version 13E), Line 18

simulated event BeginPlay()
{
SetTimer(0.125,true);
PoisonedPlayer.GroundSpeed = PoisonedPlayer.default.GroundSpeed/Slowness;
//PoisonedPlayer.WaterSpeed = PoisonedPlayer.default.WaterSpeed/Slowness;
PoisonedPlayer.AirSpeed = PoisonedPlayer.default.AirSpeed/Slowness;
}

Recommended Code: PoisonPlayer.uc (Version 13E), Line 18

simulated event BeginPlay()
{
if (PoisonedPlayer != None)
{
PoisonedPlayer.GroundSpeed = PoisonedPlayer.default.GroundSpeed/Slowness;
//PoisonedPlayer.WaterSpeed = PoisonedPlayer.default.WaterSpeed/Slowness;
PoisonedPlayer.AirSpeed = PoisonedPlayer.default.AirSpeed/Slowness;
}

}

SilverWing
09-03-2012, 10:25 PM
I dont even think PG was making the server crash... because i didnt update anything since it crashed =\

Higor
09-03-2012, 11:33 PM
The lack of i++ loop is still there, SW if you got my updated files, use them.
Not only they'll fix the PG, it will also make the 4way interface log-warning free and ready to use as well as fixed sprites for green and yellow builds.

.seVered.][
09-03-2012, 11:44 PM
I dont even think PG was making the server crash... because i didnt update anything since it crashed =\

I tested it yesterday, MLSG... 2 players entering PG...CRASH. I'll test it again now.

EDIT: Yes, it's still crashing and spamming the hexxen out of the log. I'd post my log, but you don't wanna see it..
and actually I crashed when I tried to reconnect. here is the crash screen.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/PoisonGaurdianCrashScreen.jpg

Moko
09-04-2012, 12:15 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};37359']we being me......i build 4 of them and couldnt understand why people kept running through, then i let fleece know who let SW know then we watched a SM being destroyed together...good times

^rofl

Can somebody tell me what the "ape canon" does??
What which gun it's under. (like Flame is with pulse)

.seVered.][
09-04-2012, 12:46 AM
^rofl

Can somebody tell me what the "ape canon" does??
What which gun it's under. (like Flame is with pulse)

It's an enhanced Flak Cannon... more FLAK shot out of the Cannon and the alt-fire will land, EXPLODE, bounce land again and explode then bounce again and explode AGAIN!

Shotman
09-04-2012, 02:29 AM
and its under flak cannon. Also is it possible to try to make siege for ut2k4 or ut3? And is it possible to have a camera on the trans just like 2k4 or on the tele? I know it doesnt fit for this topic but im just wondering.

Scourge
09-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Leech isn't working properly on the main server. When building a leech, there comes a point where adding additional buildings to the same spot results in the new containers being unable to receive repairs from the other buildings, or even from themselves. This quirk even seems to apply to super containers, which will be unable to repair themselves once there are enough buildings in the same spot. As well, at this point, buildings in other areas of the map appear to repair more slowly.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-07-2012, 01:49 PM
thats cos of all the stupid lag when a player encounters this massive clusterfuck of containers which makes it appear to repair slowly but instead its your own framerate dropping causing it to appear this way

Higor
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
That's a 32 build limitation per healing block.
It's a side effect of the optimized code, still, making 32 containers at the same spot seems unlikely even in leech games.
If leech games still don't work properly, I can increase that limit to 48 builds.

Neff
09-13-2012, 05:28 PM

SAM
09-13-2012, 05:32 PM
There's a time and place for criticism. Right now, when Higor is actually trying to find the issues and make them better is not the time for it.

Fact is, with "improved" code will surely come new bugs and oversights which were not considered because this is not SilverWing or Higor's work to start with. They are just continuing. Based on how Siege was designed to handle and some assumptions made, these "new" bugs are introduced. This is why new games are patched all the time because of oversights. In order to fix those, requires time. And time when giving for free is not hugely available. So be greatful that there is some support ;)

nOs*Wildcard
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
[;37736']It's an enhanced Flak Cannon... more FLAK shot out of the Cannon and the alt-fire will land, EXPLODE, bounce land again and explode then bounce again and explode AGAIN!

The 'Ape Cannon' http://gauntletwarriors.com/Forums/images/smilies/icon_sarcastic.png sounds an awefull lot like the SFC Super Flack Cannon

Neff
09-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't want to be a dick, but I want to play a game that dosn't crash really bad.

SAM
09-13-2012, 06:06 PM
If you are experiencing clientside crashes you should be reporting those...

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-13-2012, 06:31 PM
higor and sw are doing good work, the servers have been crashing frequently but its trial and error so you gotta live with it

Neff
09-14-2012, 04:46 AM
There's a time and place for criticism. Right now, when Higor is actually trying to find the issues and make them better is not the time for it.

Fact is, with "improved" code will surely come new bugs and oversights which were not considered because this is not SilverWing or Higor's work to start with. They are just continuing. Based on how Siege was designed to handle and some assumptions made, these "new" bugs are introduced. This is why new games are patched all the time because of oversights. In order to fix those, requires time. And time when giving for free is not hugely available. So be greatful that there is some support ;)

I agree and deleted my post as negativity isn't going to help.

Thinking back the games were hardly lasting till the supplier made it to level 5 so it could have just been some DDoSer when I was raging. Most crashes I've seen have been after a nuke, flame gun or, poison guardian are set off.

Silverwing and Higor please take the time to make comments in the code as you change things - I don't know a lot about coding but from the little my dads taught me thats important.

Neff
09-14-2012, 04:59 AM
That's a 32 build limitation per healing block.
It's a side effect of the optimized code, still, making 32 containers at the same spot seems unlikely even in leech games.
If leech games still don't work properly, I can increase that limit to 48 builds.

It's always seemed like leeches heal slower as bases get built up and laggy; Although 32 containers is a good start when you're in excess of 10k max ru it's frustrating waiting for it to heal. Would you be able to put the limit as high as 80? and would the admins/you have any concerns against that?

.seVered.][
09-16-2012, 11:58 PM
If you are experiencing clientside crashes you should be reporting those...

Also the most recent log entries, usually found at the bottom of the unrealtournament.log file located in the ut\system folder should also provide some insight. as well as a screen shot of the crash error (using PrtScn key to capture the screen then Paste in paintbrush and save as JPG).

Higor
09-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Increased maximum container heal block size to 48 (You're not placing 48 builds in a single spot, are you?).
4Way fully operational.
Core damage warnings won't spam more than 1 warning every 2 seconds.
Unified PUG and PUB package, PUG rules can be enforced by launching SiegeGI2 instead of SiegeGI.
Removed unused classes, audio and GFX, package size reduced by 1mb.
Shield belt fixed.
Mutator chain for player spawn detection fixed (balancer and ZP will work better).
Item spawner won't spawn items before the match starts.
Booster sound fixed.

If you've got something else to fix, say it now.

.seVered.][
09-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Increased maximum container heal block size to 48 (You're not placing 48 builds in a single spot, are you?).
4Way fully operational.
Core damage warnings won't spam more than 1 warning every 2 seconds.
Unified PUG and PUB package, PUG rules can be enforced by launching SiegeGI2 instead of SiegeGI.
Removed unused classes, audio and GFX, package size reduced by 1mb.
Shield belt fixed.
Mutator chain for player spawn detection fixed (balancer and ZP will work better).
Item spawner won't spawn items before the match starts.
Booster sound fixed.

If you've got something else to fix, say it now.

The screen door, on my patio... needs a new hinge...:)

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-17-2012, 07:36 AM
i would still like to see my fleshrifle weapon in the spawner items. :pride:

but i doubt it will happen...:chargrined:

has been said before but great job Higor, without talented coders like yourself things would get stale, appreciated.

|uK|Grimreaper
09-17-2012, 07:54 AM
i thought the poision guardian was fixed..

today the server crashed while i was playing with severed..

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
can you fix it so that only I can go through poison guardians without receiving ill effects of it :p

Higor
09-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Kinda late lol, RC14 already sent.

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
crap i had one thing i wanted fixed for ages, can you fix teamsay for spectators so they can talk amongst themselves because right now if you use teamsay it shows it to the whole server including players plus spams that comment 3 times....

in other mods its fixed so when specs use teamsay instead of the say function, it only shows it to other specs and they can ofc talk to other players with the say function

thanks!

this is on the next rc14 release version

Higor
09-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Methinks that's a mutator issue.

SAM
09-17-2012, 07:09 PM
There's one thing you should fix. The weapon order. It's been same forever...lol

Cyrious
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
There's one thing you should fix. The weapon order. It's been same forever...lol

THIS

The weapon order should not have been changed as too many of us are used to a specific order. Also, fix team-balancing because in 4-way siege the defeated players/just-joined players are getting stuck in limbo.

SAM
09-17-2012, 07:43 PM
I mentioned all the points you made to higor. ie that the player should be told what's happening, what will happenm, what to do next. On their screens. People were panicking an in sure they will all night long and god knows until how long. I saw countless people leave at least 7 because they were stuck in limbo constantly doing !s !p and I couldn't get any message to those players because they'd be connecting before my message was sent.

The limbo stuff should be explained much clearly. There should be visible countdown and also !enter should flash to the player when he can again enter.

The only thing about this limbo thing is ace install which is an automatic reconnect.

Higor
09-17-2012, 07:53 PM
If you want me to roll back, let me know and I'll disable the Inventory chain rearranger

Ill have to add to the balancer an override to disable UT's default balancing options.
Edit, i'm rolling back, i found a bug.

Higor
09-17-2012, 08:20 PM
RC14a ready.
I'll PM the link.

Vatiko//
09-17-2012, 10:26 PM
balancer :(

Higor
09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
My balancer requires all other balancing options or utilities in disabled or in vanilla mode, it must be the only thing allowed to change player's teams, otherwise it will fail.
The server needs to be properly configured.

SAM
09-18-2012, 01:33 AM
There is no other balancer I'll look today

Neff
09-18-2012, 03:11 AM
I think PG's are fixed, Morning after was on freebuild and I built like 100 nukes inside of one as sat in one... the server wasn't lagging but my screen was bascially frozen for a minute until i got out and then it was just a big flashy ball of light killing the nukes and not crashing the server. :)

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2012, 04:20 AM
yo the new siege rc14 is fucked up. you gotta look at it and also the the order of the weapons are fucked up.

SAM
09-18-2012, 08:35 AM
What else is wrong. Higor already mentioned the order was changed back and the release is in my inbox for later tonight.

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
i heard the teambalancer is switching people whenever he want to do it. havent seen it thought.

|uK|fleecey
09-18-2012, 01:10 PM
This balance is horrible, we are playing 4 way.. everyone is getting switch randomly because it¨s not even at all.. you go red, then blue, then green.. over and over :/

yeah like kenneth says, you can be playing for like 45 minuts, then you get switch to the other team.. it might have to do that stats are 0? no one have cookies yet or what?

Gravity
09-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Please, Fix the order of the weapons.

|uK|fleecey
09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71312967/Shot0023.bmp

Here is an example of todays playing.. you can't balance teams at all.

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
true.^

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
how this balancer works? lol

i got on blue, and got team switched on 1st second for red lol, and red was stronger!...
ok some thing like 20 minutes later, i made 1 nuke and 3 sps lv5 on nuke room, almost 4000 ru used, and... got switched again for blue OMG

and dangerboy, that already was on blue got swiched to red... really, this auto balancer switch players with high points/frags/cookies for weaker team? so if i hape blue team i will get switched for the team that i destroyed?? kkkk

pathetic

favorite weapon order is bad too... before for get the sgconstructor i pressed rocket bind and next weapon button, now i need take sniper and press next weapon, or press 2 times next weapon if i get a nuke, today i almost used nuke on my own base, because i tryed get constructor for build something but got nuke =/

please fix this balancer and weapon order quick or put the siege 13 on server back

SAM
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
The weapon order is fixed can you check and confirm?

Also the balancer config has been adjusted. It looks much more stable now...I've been watching over an hour

Neff
09-18-2012, 05:10 PM
May need more adjusting still =/ put twice as many people on the other team.

SAM
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I saw that, I took the balancer off for the time being....it's a little "too aggressive" blue was too strong, it stacked everyone to red. Red starting raping blue starting stacking everyone to blue lol people started leaving from red, balancer started spazzing out still adding people to blue even though there was only 5 people on red with a full server -.- uh oh lol

Neff
09-18-2012, 05:21 PM
It was me Freeze, Vatiko not sure who else so maybe it is balancing, just not the way we want it.

SAM
09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
It balances but also stacks the teams. I saw exactly what it did and it's flawed I'll explain to Higor so that we can achieve a desired outcome

All further comments should go here:http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/2840-SiegeUltimateRC14a-comments-and-suggestions

Also, please include confirmation about the weapon order.