PDA

View Full Version : Monitor isn't working...

Moko
08-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Hai...

My monitor doesn't work...We plug it in it says no signal.
We also tried 2 other monitors and it still didn't work....

Can somebody tell me wassup? :S
My monitor and 1 of the other monitors was stored in a hot place for a few days does that have anything to do with it?...But the other one wasn't and it still doesn't work. :S

Anyways, please help me! :X

~ God Bless ~

~ Moko

.seVered.][
08-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Hai...

My monitor doesn't work...We plug it in it says no signal.
We also tried 2 other monitors and it still didn't work....
Can somebody tell me wassup? :S
My monitor and 1 of the other monitors was stored in a hot place for a few days does that have anything to do with it?...But the other one wasn't and it still doesn't work. :S
Anyways, please help me! :X
~ God Bless ~
~ Moko

Ouch, that sounds like VideoCard failure. Is the Card built in or an Add-on? (on the motherboard or in a slot?) Try holding down the Home key while turning on the power.

SAM
08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Dead graphics card. Can you see this????

Moko
08-29-2012, 10:05 PM
well you don't need a card to see the load up screen do you? :S

.seVered.][
08-29-2012, 11:14 PM
well you don't need a card to see the load up screen do you? :S

?? Now, I'm confused? you need a card (unless it's a laptop) to see ANYTHING!.. perhaps you are going to need professional help.

like ACF does, but in a different capacity.

Deepack
08-29-2012, 11:36 PM
hmm strange, even a built in graphic cards without the drivers installed starts up normally. moko, are you sure everything is connected properly?

Moskva
08-30-2012, 12:14 AM
[;37257'] perhaps you are going to need professional help.

like ACF does, but in a different capacity.

Gotta tip my hat, that was beyond great

|uK|Grimreaper
08-30-2012, 02:54 AM
wait how are you posting this without a monitor lmao

SAM
08-30-2012, 03:42 AM
Moko the graphics/video card sounds like it is dead. Is this a pc or laptop? If a pc does it post the easiest way to tell is a system has posted is it will make a beep before windows starts up.

Look on the back (if pc) to see if there are two monitor connections if there are connect to the one not connected to and see if that works.

Moko
09-04-2012, 08:55 PM
That's my PC with the problem, this is my mother's laptop (since mine is RIP :'( ).
Ehm...Idk if I understood that post but after I read it a few times I'll get it. lol

Shotman
09-05-2012, 12:32 AM
ok the easiest way to see if its the video card, ask a friend if you could put your video card in his/her pc, if it has the same problem as yours than its the video card. If not than its another problem.

What is sam is trying to say when you start the computer it will usually beeps, so he is asking if your computer beeps.
Than he i believe what he is trying to tell you, idk if you mean this sam, but usually there are 2 connections for the monitor (output and input) and check to see if its connected to the right one. Also i don't know if you answered this question, but is it an onboard video card or add-on? If its add-on probably clean where its connected with and airspray.

.seVered.][
09-05-2012, 03:53 PM
What is sam is trying to say when you start the computer it will usually beeps, so he is asking if your computer beeps.

Is there any beeps when you press the power button? Does the keyboard numlock light flash? It will be a series of Long and Short beeps (like Morse Code). Write it down (like this>1 long 3 short or whatever it is) and post it with the Make and Model, and TYPE of your computer (found on the STICKER on the back and the type is usually on the case, sometimes the type and model are identical)

ok the easiest way to see if its the video card, ask a friend if you could put your video card in his/her pc, if it has the same problem as yours than its the video card. If not than its another problem.

That's all fine and dandy, as long as the damage to the video card doesn't also bring other damage with it...therefore now you have 2 PC's that don't work. The BEST way is to take it to the SHOP... they can diagnose it in seconds and usually for free. and a new video card is gonna cost over 100 (for a good one) over 200 for A better one, so be prepared... usually... it's the POWER SUPPLY or something smaller. Get it to a shop and they will give you the best advice. but expect to have to spend 'something'. Don't let your PC drift into the abyss of neglect or a 'friends' judgement. SAVE IT and ALL of your HARD WORK contained therein!