PDA

View Full Version : What internet connection works ok for Unreal?

(MAD)DeadAgain
09-01-2012, 12:35 AM
never mind, nothing to see here.. where is the damn delete option??1 :P

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-01-2012, 03:20 PM
LOL

`JaSs^uK
09-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Great post lol

.seVered.][
09-02-2012, 03:50 AM
I can remember back in the 'day. Playing UT on my 56K/256K Dialup/DSL connection, and LIKING IT!

`JaSs^uK
09-02-2012, 04:35 AM
[;37551']I can remember back in the 'day. Playing UT on my 56K/256K Dialup/DSL connection, and LIKING IT!

I can remember trying to dl with 56k, god you could go on holiday for 2 weeks and it would still be coming down when you got back lol .

SAM
09-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Lol that's because back then redirect weren't in use since they were so expensive so everyone had to download non compressed straight from the server....

.seVered.][
09-02-2012, 02:14 PM
I can remember trying to dl with 56k, god you could go on holiday for 2 weeks and it would still be coming down when you got back lol .

I know, right... now that I think about it...the WHOLE reason I got DSL at home was because my son nagged and nagged and threatened to throw a fit if I didn't... all because I sat out the download and let it start. His eyes got so wide when it FINALLY started up. I think that was the last time I actually got to use that computer until I broke down and built him his own. He was 10 at the time, now he's 24. (I had the beta release of UT if your wondering about the dates, wish I could find that file...)

EDIT: and the download from those servers IF you were lucky was DSL (256K) YIKES... can you imagine...I can, I remember. I remember when the Z-Modem protocol first showed up too, (TCP/IP)..and the 'sliding window' support... commonly known today as LAG.

Chamberly
09-09-2012, 04:00 AM
I remember I had ISDN and it take forever to download a map if everyone playing on it or keep switching map or timed up, so I went on a monster hunt server and being able to play there.

Then surprisingly, a few months later I was able to get DSL, which runs a lot better. I may be able to download map right before the game end on a regular sniper server but hey, much better! :)