SiegeUltimateRC14a comments and suggestions [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : SiegeUltimateRC14a comments and suggestions

SAM
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Here we go ladies. Fire away.

|uK|kenneth
09-18-2012, 04:41 PM
which weapon was after the sniper? i thought it was piston?

Neff
09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Crashes a lot less... now the balancer is putting twice as many people on one team.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I still think the balancer is going to extremes to balance a team, it seems like it doesnt want any team to get the edge in a game and shifts players to the losing team to compensate which is frustrating as hell if you have built nukes.

the piston was normally after sniper but no biggie to scroll that one extra click for piston.

apart from that, its ok

HIGH+CAMILO
09-19-2012, 09:45 AM
The constructor must be before sniper WTF!!!

When someone removes a SC it didnt show!!!

audiosonic
09-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Yep, piston before chainsaw please.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
weapon order is back, but i think the team balancer stacks exaggeratedly the team that is losing...
and i dont know if it is still team trading players already on game, but it would be nice if, when it happen, remove all nukes/trans/speed/boots... of this players and give him back all ru used for build and up that all, even if the capacity ru of team be insufficient for compensate (if TheApe make 2 nukes and got switched for red team, but red capacity ru be 1500, let him get over this capacity, but dont auto getting more ru of core... so if he was with 500, and got switch, TheApe will have 3100 RU)

yesterday i was PUUUUUUUUUUUUTO when got for the team that i nuked many times after use 4000 RU lol

|uK|kenneth
09-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Yep, piston before chainsaw please.

THIS!

|uK|kenneth
09-21-2012, 03:22 PM
AdRiaN;39321']weapon order is back

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ what u talking about

|uK|Grimreaper
09-21-2012, 03:45 PM
not for the people who scroll up
for the people who scroll down its good

Neff
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Built a Nuetron Bomb and the server crashed

SAM
09-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Banned

Neff
09-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Osyris shot like 4 nukes in a row on blue vember 4th one the server crashed.

Feralidragon
09-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Here's what I realized for quite a while now: team balancing will either frustrate players or not work so well no matter the algorithm, as you're balancing human beings and not machines, and what happens is that half of the players have good and bad days, which means their performance is variable.

The only thing the balancer has to do to work almost perfectly (imo), is the following:
- Try to even the teams in strength from the start;
- If the teams are uneven, move only a player if he doesn't have any particular "RU investment" (like loads of RU or RU spent in protecting the base or building nukes, etc);
- If the last players of a team have loads of RU and they must be moved asap, let such player get the invested RU back and destroy his nukes. This value can be capped by capacity though, so the solution is to have a "bank" system, where essentially that player has more RU banked, and once he wastes his current active RU (up to the cap limit, so no 2000RU nukes if the cap is set for 1500 for example), the bank feeds him with more RU until it runs out completely;
- If the team still keeps too uneven in either number of players or strength, compensate the weaker team with higher RU rate from the core (so they can at least try to recover), and return it to normal once the balance is settled again.

As for the many gameplay laming problems that demand 1.000 server rules, just code the damn thing to avoid them. Rules can be avoided if certain things are automatically enforced (a long time ago I coded an anti-multigunning mod, to avoid that old problem, that made the player instantly hilariously explode if he even tried to do so, with a message telling him to not do it, so such things can be made for almost every Siege specific rule you have here).

Anyway, I don't play Siege for a long time (since I am into another game anyway), but I played long enough before and this is my 2 cents on the long running issues of the gametype.

Scourge
09-27-2012, 02:33 PM
MINI SHIELDS AND PLATFORMS ARE STILL NOT REMOVABLE.

Also, occasional crashes seem to result from problems with the 50 RU crystals at the start.

SAM
09-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Recent spate of crashes are not related to siege. We know the cause, awaiting a patch

Muffin
09-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I didn't get my RU back after removing my own forcefield last night on Niven. Also, is super containers not being able to be built in the ground a permanent thing?

Neff
09-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I think it's been like that for a while with forcefields hopefully they can change it so we get some RU.

The SC glitch was fixed with 13A don't know why it got edited out of the notes of fixes: http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/2700-SiegeUltimateRC13A-amp-SiegeUltimateRC13B-Release-Note As they said it can be built lower and higher than you could before (except not as low when it could be glitched into the floor).

Good to hear you found the cause Scarface :)

|uK|Grimreaper
09-27-2012, 06:54 PM
you only get ur ru back if u remove a level 0 forcefield if its upped u dont get ru back

Moskva
09-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Good job fixing the weapon order

Scourge
09-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Good job fixing the weapon order

I think it's still a little out of kilter, chainsaw and piston are switched

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-27-2012, 09:50 PM
i'm lost, today i played and piston and hammer were back to normal but didnt download any update or anything, did i miss something?

Shotman
09-27-2012, 10:14 PM
it was a magic update. Or if your lotr than you got stoned.

SAM
09-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Magic!!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-28-2012, 05:52 AM
oooo, i like magic... MORE MORE!!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-28-2012, 03:52 PM
another problem with balancer, i joined server and accumulated 2400RU, then i got switched and my RU was reset to zero as well as just having built a nuke which of course i lost.

balancer needs to take this into account and switch someone with minimal builds.

'Zac
09-28-2012, 04:02 PM
same thing happens to me on the combo, i would have the flag and in the lead of the game and get switched.

Shotman
09-28-2012, 06:04 PM
who cares about combogib. But really fix fluke's problem.

'Zac
09-28-2012, 06:32 PM
well i care about combo, and mostly the others that play combo. I have an equal right to say what i want when i want and same to you. eventually someone will tell you to shut the fuck up or fix the combo prob

audiosonic
09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/022010/1265203123_dance.gif

'Zac
09-28-2012, 06:50 PM
LMFAO

Sheepy
09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
since games on some maps just dont end, ever thought disabling basecore repairing on some (eg. niven, higors new map or simplex)? Or nerf repairing by making it only 0.1hp per hit instead of 0.2?
would make siege games more interesting imho

Muffin
09-30-2012, 07:42 PM
^ I dunno if that would be possible, but if so I think it'd be a great idea. The reason I hate simplex & niven is cause they last waaay too long.

|uK|fleecey
10-01-2012, 10:46 PM
<3 niven

Higor
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
I like UT3's Warfare approach:
Make the cores take 1% damage every 5 seconds on overtime.

|uK|kenneth
10-02-2012, 02:26 AM
I like UT3's Warfare approach:
Make the cores take 1% damage every 5 seconds on overtime.

pussy's, if your really good (and a good team on your back) you can end it np.
i can understand u guys whining, i expected more from you guys.

.seVered.][
10-03-2012, 02:05 AM
There still seems to be Server Crashes, although not a frequent as before. Do we have a Crash Recovery System in place to analyze and correct this condition?

Higor
10-04-2012, 08:57 PM
The Forcefield has been entirely rewritten:

No duplicate code, meaning it shares all of it's sgBuilding parent.
Better optimized bandwidth wise.
Enlarge function doesn't spawn a different, bigger forcefield. Now the actual forcefield is enlarged with full level precision (no longer just 5 size variants).
Owner name of the forcefield isn't lost on upgrade.

|uK|Grimreaper
10-04-2012, 11:37 PM
now we just need mini shields removable

.seVered.][
10-05-2012, 12:00 AM
now we just need mini shields removable

This problem seems that it would be such a simple fix. Just add another function into the constructor. GRAB [there happens to be a vacant slot available too (3 0 - ORB)] . Just a simple owner check and Item/location save , then let go on the new location. If you die while grabbing it goes back to previous location.

.seVered.][
10-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Found CTF-SiegeTown.sgSpawnProt3 at 3033.253174,-2934.105225,-2004.199951sgConstructor CTF-SiegeTown.sgConstructor0 (Function SiegeUltimateRC14a.sgConstructor.SetMode:0085) Accessed null class context

Higor
10-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Super containers should also properly fix enlarged forcefields (if anyone noticed...).
They will also properly heal other buildings if in movement (in maps that implement that...)

Added a general variable on the sgBuilding: bOnlyOwnerRemove.
This way the constructor will not check for class names, but for this property.
Faster, and lets us tweak the var without changing the constructor code, force fields and minishields will obviously have this one set to False.

Higor
10-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Spawn protection fully integrated in the game structure.
- Removed sgSpawnProt item class.
- sgPRI now does the countdown.
- SiegeGI and derivates save the spawn protection timer config, setting timer to 0 means disable.

Other:
- ReduceDamage in SiegeGI no longer iterates thru the player's inventory everytime a hit is made.
- Less bandwidth is used when respawning a player.
- Deleted 2 sgPRI replicated variables sgCountWarhead, sgCountFlame.
These informed a possible hacker of another player's nuke count and flame ammo status. (do i get a cookie for finding another exploit?).
- Because of the deletion of those 2 variables, removed 2x Inventory chain iterations per player, per frame.

Higor
10-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Fixed log warnings when constructing a Teleporter on clients.

Mines and SuperMines will no longer construct if they are on a player start.

EDIT:
SiegeStats will work on all cases now, without lag.

EDIT2:
SiegeStats will no longer spam log warnings.

SAM
10-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Well done Higor, great work! I'm still working on stabilising the server...I know there's an "unknown" exploit out there. Working on finding a fix.

Higor
10-17-2012, 05:34 PM
SAM, contact me ASAP

.seVered.][
10-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Mines and SuperMines will no longer construct if they are on a player start.

Mines and Supermines should not FUNCTION while on fire. Taking small damage is an acceptable side effect of burning but they should not trigger when engulfed in flames.

EDIT2:
SiegeStats will no longer spam log warnings.

What about that DAMN INCOMING NUKER SPAM in the log. I noticed it's not just a simple change.
Might have to do some research for that fix.

Higor
10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Removed another cheat integrated into the mod.

Bots no longer attack friendly builds.
Bots don't cause massive log spam when viewing the scoreboard.
(Though, this broke the bot order system, so they're permanently on freelance)

Neff
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Well done Higor, great work! I'm still working on stabilising the server...I know there's an "unknown" exploit out there. Working on finding a fix.

The server crashed on Orbital just now as a nuke went off in red base, and red fired a nuke at us it crashed as they went off.

Scourge
10-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Issues I'd like to see fixed in the next build of siege:
- Make it so that buildings inside of large and unwieldy structures like Super Containers and Force Fields can be removed, repaired, or upgraded
- Make the Platform removable by any player and removable from above instead of from just the side or below
- MAKE MINI SHIELDS REMOVABLE BY ANY PLAYER

Higor
10-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Issues I'd like to see fixed in the next build of siege:
- Make it so that buildings inside of large and unwieldy structures like Super Containers and Force Fields can be removed, repaired, or upgraded
- Make the Platform removable by any player and removable from above instead of from just the side or below
- MAKE MINI SHIELDS REMOVABLE BY ANY PLAYER

The new constructor will have that ability and more.

About platforms, it was a miscalculation of mine with the collision hull placement, should be fixed later.

I see you got CHIMP'd again, no worries, that's fixed on my test RC15.

Neff
10-20-2012, 10:42 PM

SAM Higor

The server crashed on Orbital just now as a nuke went off in red base, and red fired a nuke at us it crashed as they went off.

The server just crashed again on McSwartzly's Base II, also the result of a nuke. This has been going on since SiegeUltimateRC13A besides the PG crashing the server constantly nukes going off has resulted in crashes as well just less often.

Higor
10-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Nuke crashing happened in RC12 and early as well, I remember idiots nuking in fully built leech games and crashing the whole thing up.

And the Poison Guardian is fixed FFS.

Neff
10-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Is it fixable? It can happen several times a day =/

Higor
10-20-2012, 11:02 PM
I would need a crash log, i've made 20 super containers, 80 SP's, had those shoot me at the same time, then nuked them.
And didn't crash, don't know what it is.

SAM
10-21-2012, 06:41 AM
The problem is there us no crash log because the server just shits a brick and stop logging. It's not siege. Someone is crashing the servers. Someone out there don't want our servers to go on especially the BT to get popular. It crashes like 10-15 times a day. Logging will be natively forced soon though so these issues will be resolved. Hate more??

Higor
10-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Sam, if you can directly monitor the server, you can force it to start using the UnrealTournament.exe instead of UCC at least once.
Sure, it breaks batch support which is why you have to monitor it.

But, the UnrealTournament.exe has more chances to generate a complete crash log, at least for me, which has never failed to do so.

EDIT
- Functions affected on the new constructor, all use multiactor trace to prioritize the function target.
Always repair first what is on fire or EMP'd, then prioritize builds with lower % energy and closer to the player. If the build is on fire before completion, it can be repaired as well.
Upgrade prioritizes builds with lower level and closer to the player.
Remove prioritizes builds that are closer to the crosshair, and never removes builds which center is behind the player (like forcefields), this prevents lots of mistakes.

SAM
10-21-2012, 04:52 PM
The log rotation, process monitor and loop will all be broken!

But I guess it's worth a shot.

.seVered.][
10-21-2012, 05:01 PM
The log rotation, process monitor and loop will all be broken!

But I guess it's worth a shot.

Replicate the conditions on an alternate server (including players and map even builds). Pug server won't work.. just have to use the main.

Higor
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
When you start a listen server, you also have the choice to start a dedicated one on that menu.

Taken from the code: UnrealTournament.exe URL -server -log=Test.log
Url is the Map?Game?Mutator?Listen commands.

Adding -LANPLAY as command line will force the usage of alternative TickRate (LanRate) and unlimited NetRate for Lan ip's.

As soon as the server crashes, the Test.log should be fine to retrieve (and hopefully, complete).

SAM
10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
I'll see what I can do. However, be warned. Server might be offline for extended hours while I sleep...

Higor
10-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Ummm, better wait for tomorrow early then.

BTW, already making the bNoUpgrade variable on builds to have an effect.
This way we won't see noobs upgrading teleporters for some points.

Scourge
10-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Hi Higor, a couple more small issues:
- The lava in Burning2012 now kills any attempted teleporters to mid
- When upgrading buildings, the "RU to next level" doesn't usually match with the actual amount of RU needed
- Teleporters built a short distance from the ground often "spit back" the player that uses them

'Zac
10-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi Higor, a couple more small issues:
- The lava in Burning2012 now kills any attempted teleporters to mid
- When upgrading buildings, the "RU to next level" doesn't usually match with the actual amount of RU needed

^^^^ true true, i really want to keep my ru ru

Higor
10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Fixed a retarded issue with the platform placement, the client versions of the platforms were off by -15 vertical units.
Platforms won't glow after being repaired from a EMP bomb or a flame.
The collision hull placement shouldn't interfere with the HUD display and constructor functions.

Repair and upgrade of builds inside other large builds has been tested successfully.
Upgrading players with the new constructor is has no timeout if the player clicks repeatedly instead of holding fire, therefore, upgrading huge amounts of RU in short time is possible.
Player repair can now be done by sweeping the aim (works like a triggerbot) if done via constructor (not bind), high pingers will appreciate this.
Category switching is simulated on clients, giving a no-lag impression though in 1% of cases they might desync, leaving the constructor idle for 2 seconds will fix that.

EDIT:
Moved the no-nuke code from Monster Madness mutator INTO Monster Madness mutator, the Constructor shouldn't have it.

|uK|chiseller
10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice higor. I'm curious what effect the new repair system will have.

Some things that always bothered me.

- there's should be a reward for killed nukes which haven't been picked up
- when someone reconnects it shows the amount of ru he has. Can you add an info that displays in what team he was in? It would make the admin job easier.

Higor
10-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Will do something about nuke rewards (only normal ones), leeching the invincible ones is already rewarding :).
The RU recovery mutator will be heavily reworked, will add that to the edit list.

The new constructor's code base can be easily subclassed and modified to allow spectators practice (or learn) with a fake constructor that only builds on the client machine.
The only issue with that is that I'd have an extra team skins for all builds.
This is still far from ready.

|uK|kenneth
10-22-2012, 05:28 PM
its useless trying to kill the invis nuke, you should get some ru from it when it dies would be a motivate to players so they will try more to kill it.

SAM
10-22-2012, 06:14 PM
its useless trying to kill the invis nuke, you should get some ru from it when it dies would be a motivate to players so they will try more to kill it.

Imagine if there really was an invis nuke...

.seVered.][
10-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Imagine if there really was an invis nuke...

O
M
G... imagine if the Invisibility Suit extended to the Nuke... it practically does now doesn't it?

Higor
10-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Boosters' client sound doesn't play repeatedly, now boosting sound is audible to others when booster is out of sight (non-relevant on client).

Removal of buildings hands RU back to original owner if present, otherwise the remover gets it.
Also, the remover loses score when removing stuff.

SAM
10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
My observations of recent tests:

- the 'sweeping' repair might be a bit OP
- the new upgrade system is a bit confusing
- the 'continuous' upgrade is good however there should be only one upgrade system rather than both being available (through keybind or not)
- removing a build should not reward the remover with RU in any case. It shoul go to builder otherwise the top scored player. If the remover has played less than 10 mins he should lose RU whn removing.

.seVered.][
10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
My observations of recent tests:

- the 'sweeping' repair might be a bit OP
- the new upgrade system is a bit confusing
- the 'continuous' upgrade is good however there should be only one upgrade system rather than both being available (through keybind or not)
- removing a build should not reward the remover with RU in any case. It shoul go to builder otherwise the top scored player. If the remover has played less than 10 mins he should lose RU whn removing.

I think the BOTTOM scored player should get the RU. But I favor the underdog's or spread evenly between remaining teammates. As far as removing before 10 minutes, well the whole removing system should be tightened up. For example

The Removing message should post to ALL players (or to admin/moderators)
The Removing message should be easily noticed in the log:__>Player (.seVered.][) removed (SAM's) Super Supplier >
There should be an annoying audible notice included with the REMOVE and with the KICK, like a Volkswagen horn BEEP BEEP.

This system was supposed to be updated before but it was only "enabled" and not updated.

Higor
10-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Had I not unified the invincibility code in the suppliers, I would have never found this:

In short:
sgEquipmentSupplier's TIMER:
- Call FindTarget()
- Supply the target if exists
- (FindTarget finds oldest player in radius)

sgSupplierXXL's TIMER:
- Call Super.Timer()
- Call FindTarget()
- (FindTarget finds all, and supplies all)

What's wrong here?
Super supplier is a subclass of the basic equipment supplier, so FindTarget() is called twice.
Supper supplier's version of FindTarget does the supply, so it is actually supplying twice per timer.

So, by removing the FindTarget() call on the sgSupplierXXL and making the supply function twice as stronger we get the same effect, less sound spam and less CPU usage.

Also, Mortars and BioBombs no longer build if they're aimed at spamming an invincible supplier.
Criteria is simple: find closest enemy build (200uu max), if it is a protected supplier, deny.

Is the supplier is alone it will most likely fail, if theres a leech next to it and if the mortar is built on the leech's side, it will not fail.
So on RC15, if the mortar doesn't fail to build, IT IS NOT SPAM AND YOUR TEAM DESERVED IT.

audiosonic
10-24-2012, 05:53 PM
lolol SS on the core, yes please.

Btw when people remove stuff you can store it on my RU bank, I'll collect it when I join the server.

Higor
10-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Not really, let's say the Supplier and the Core are next to each other.
If you put the mortar closer to the Core than to the Supplier, it will not fail. It's all a matter of direction and precision.

Higor
10-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Applying audio resampling to most of the Wave files, this should mean a significant reduction in package size.
Also, adding a loop point and interpolation on the nuke siren sound, for the future nuke siren.

EDIT: Package size reduced in 3000 kb.

SAM
10-27-2012, 09:02 AM
In other words 3mb :D

'Zac
10-27-2012, 09:48 AM
hmm i found a weird thing on the public/siege mod thing. in the supplier, you should get all ammo equally because al lthe other weapons load up faster than the sniper, the rocketlauncher gets ammo very slowly, the shock literally has instant ammo and its not equalled out right a little bit. i get 40 ammo in shock while i have 5 bullets in my sniper :(

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
10-27-2012, 09:58 AM
hmm i found a weird thing on the public/siege mod thing. in the supplier, you should get all ammo equally because al lthe other weapons load up faster than the sniper, the rocketlauncher gets ammo very slowly, the shock literally has instant ammo and its not equalled out right a little bit. i get 40 ammo in shock while i have 5 bullets in my sniper :(

yes, i hate this =/
but remember, the supplier must be really a shit, it costs only 300, the SS is 5 times more expensive costing

Higor
10-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Supply formula:
Every 0.1 second:

if (FRand() < Weapon(inv).AmmoType.MaxAmmo / 400) //Normal sup, /200 on Super sup.
Weapon(inv).AmmoType.AmmoAmount = FMin( Weapon(inv).AmmoType.AmmoAmount + 1 + int(FRand()*Grade/2*EquipRate), //Value we want to assign
Weapon(inv).AmmoType.MaxAmmo); //Max limit

This means that the weapon with the least chance of supplying is the Rocket Launcher, and the ones with highest supply chance are Minigun and Enforcer.
About supply rate, 1 is always added, then we get this: int(FRand()*Grade/2*EquipRate) which means that theres an added extra of 0-9 (level 5, default equip rate).

Averaging, let's say a weapon supplies 5 ammo every successful chance.
Minigun gets 10 supplies per second (50 ammo avg).
Rifle gets 2.5 (avg) per second (12.5 ammo avg).

As long as the weapon's max ammo is 200 or less, all weapons' average supply speed is the same.

.seVered.][
10-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Weapon: Sec, Rnds Rp/sec
------------------------
Pistol: 26s, 199r =7.65
BioRifle: 25s, 100r =4
Shock: 20s, 50r =2.5
Pulse: 18s, 199r =11.05
Ripper:22 s 75r =3.4
MiniGun: 13s, 199r =66.33
Flak: 17s, 50r =2.94
Rocket: 17s, 48r =2.82
Sniper: 11s, 50r =4.54
------------------------

Here is a single player test of the supplier.

The current code LoadWeaponClasses() is shown below If you don't have that weapon, get that weapon with a extra loop as a sanity check to load the weapon class, but what effects whether it loads?
Does another player standing in the supplier effect the 'else if FRand() < Fload' of the function Supply(Pawn target) or the 'LoadWeaponClasses()' Routines?

static function LoadWeaponClasses()
{
local int i;
local class<Weapon> weaponClass;

default.ClassesLoaded = true;
for ( i = 0; i < 9; i++ )
if ( default.Weapons[i] != "" )
default.WeaponClasses[i] =
class<Weapon>(DynamicLoadObject(default.Weapons[i],
class'Class'));

//Keep array compacted, faster if weapon fails to load
default.iWeaponClasses = 9;
for ( i=0 ; i<default.iWeaponClasses ; i++ )
if ( default.WeaponClasses[i] == none )
{
default.WeaponClasses[i] = default.WeaponClasses[--default.iWeaponClasses];
default.WeaponClasses[default.iWeaponClasses] = none;
--i; //Loop this element again
}
}

Higor
10-27-2012, 05:22 PM
LoadWeapon classes only makes sure the whole Supplier network has the supply weapon class references in memory.
Whether one fails to load or not, there shouldn't be any bugs or incorrect behaviour in the latter supply routines.

Since the supply code has a huge random in there (1-10 ammo) (maxammo / 200 * 100%), it's obvious that the supply times will vary tremendously, I once had my Sniper Rifle fully supplied in 3 seconds.

'Zac
10-27-2012, 07:51 PM
AdRiaN;42621']yes, i hate this =/
but remember, the supplier must be really a shit, it costs only 300, the SS is 5 times more expensive costing

yeah but when theres 12 people on a team!!!

Higor
10-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Alternate selection method, still halfways complete.
The GUI will also serve the purpose of adjusting the client settings:

Among those settings, you can shrink the GUI size too.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/Other/Gui2.jpg

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-27-2012, 09:57 PM
final fantasy hud ...

.seVered.][
10-28-2012, 02:14 AM
yeah but when theres 12 people on a team!!!

11 people `Zac, and that's precisely what I am referring to.

Does the SuperSupplier (or supplier) cause any bottleneck's during heavy load periods. HEAVY Load Periods: Nuker+EMP, Flame+Neutron, EMP+FLAME etc, etc, etc. We have no 'means' of testing these "Periods" for Server Performance or Network Load. The Host should provide some analysis reports (monthly or weekly), and also provide some 'Stress Test Tools' or 'Load Test' of some sort. Otherwise we will have to create our own.

zEdit: BTW, any chance we could MOVE the F6 Stat Net location. Under the Server Scroll is a bit difficult to monitor.

Higor
10-28-2012, 03:06 AM
[;42672']zEdit: BTW, any chance we could MOVE the F6 Stat Net location. Under the Server Scroll is a bit difficult to monitor.

I happen to have Epic's UnRender.cpp, those stats are hardcoded in there and I didn't see a way to move those.
The only workaround is by using STAT GLOBAL command, but that isn't a pretty result.

|uK|Grimreaper
10-28-2012, 10:23 AM
lol whut is that gonna be the new construtcor?

|uK|kenneth
10-28-2012, 11:51 AM
i dont like it.

Higor
10-28-2012, 01:59 PM
I haven't gotten into the Client settings page yet, which is the strongest point of the new constructor.
The client settings will give the player great freedom to make his client look and behave the way this one sees fit, like changing the constructor's appearance.

BTW, the constructor timers are now TickRate independant, meaning that the server tickrate won't affect the timers negatively anymore, so expect the constructor to operate at least 5% faster.
I'm planning to implement this on the sgBuilding timers at some point as well.

EDIT:
Sev, the servers already run most of the Siege code at times lesser than 2 milliseconds, and less than 5 on a normal computer. Which is a fine value.
The real problem comes on replication, the relevancy checks take up to 8 milliseconds alone on crowded games, and will skyrocket if build count exceeds 50.

Gonna have to borrow the PUG server one of these days to do extensive tests, if only the ADMIN SET commands worked... SAM why is this?

.seVered.][
10-28-2012, 02:29 PM
No that won't do... the PUG server is a completely different animal, and is limited to only 10 players. (12 MAX)

We could use a Hardware Report that the Siege Server runs on and player location can drastically effect individual performance, as does network traffic and routing tables at any given time from particular regions.

.seVered.][
10-28-2012, 02:39 PM
It's a CHOICE, BTW. Optionally configured to use it or not. Mostly I like how SMOOTH it switches and allows you to EXECUTE what you want in a hurry. (which could be because the list of things to do and choices is not populated entirely yet... *wink) but I hope that change persists thru the development.

I'm referring to the lag you feel when you switch between choices in the the old clicky menu.... that is no longer there.

Higor
10-28-2012, 02:55 PM
The relevancy checks are not as expensive as I thought, but the variable replication ones are the CPU consuming.
Optimizing the netcode isn't just reducing bandwidth, but CPU usage from replication statements, and that's not as simple.

Opened 3 UT's, gave the host (listen server with variable tickrate) maximum CPU priority.
Made 2 clients join and found this:

Player0 (host)
Player1
Player2

70 containers built by Player0 (no net traffic to this one).
NetUpdateFrequency=50 (yes, i reduced it from 100)
- bAlwaysRelevant = True ===>> NET = 2.5 ms (average)
- bAlwaysRelevant = False ===>> NET = 2.0 ms (average)

Now, my UT runs with a bugfixed version of my NetRateAdjuster.
With bAlwaysRelevant ON all builds (around 85):
Reducing the global sgBuilding net rate percentage to 40% (20 hz) got a nice result:
NET = 1.9 ms (average).

Let's not mention the player updates reduction made by the adjuster, which already reduce player and build updates per second reducing both network traffic and CPU usage as the player count goes up.
The simple fact I reduced the global sgBuilding NetUprateFrequency from 100 to 50 on RC14 meant a slight decrease of CPU consumption on the PUB server (it runs at 65fps), if we alter those values with the adjuster, we will make a low resource server run far smoother.

======
On your second post, that's simulation for you, transfer a bit of CPU load to the client to perform actions that look obvious and the server shouldn't bother doing.
The nuke siren will be another example as well.

SAM
10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Sorry for not jumping on this sooner.

The pug server should allow ADMIN SET are you sure you have the full correct command?

Also the dev work sounds like it's going well! I don't think you should worry too much about actually rewriting new stuff like constructor etc until you know you are happy with the full package ie it has been fully revised.

.seVered.][
10-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Sorry for not jumping on this sooner.

The pug server should allow ADMIN SET are you sure you have the full correct command?

Also the dev work sounds like it's going well! I don't think you should worry too much about actually rewriting new stuff like constructor etc until you know you are happy with the full package ie it has been fully revised.

He's sure... It does not. As am I.

SAM
10-31-2012, 05:02 AM
Weird :s. I'll look today.

Higor
11-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Fixed bug with platforms taking 2x damage in some cases.
Added Antigravity platform (i bet some of you remember that one), can be added in the category via INI.

Also:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/SiegeStats.JPG

EDIT:
Removal adds a little extra amount of RU for upgraded buildings, with owner as priority if removed by somebody else.

Scourge
11-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Teleporters stopped building properly for blue nuke room in bathrooms. This wasn't a map issue prior to RC13, so it seems teleporters have been modified in some way. So again, 4 issues with the teleporter:
- Burning2012; teleporter dies instantly after built to access mid
- Bathrooms; teleporter to nuke room drain cannot be built
- Teleporter gives points for upgrading, even though upgrading does nothing and costs nothing (this is a similar problem for many other buildings, especially items - it's even worse for warheads, which have a substantial cost and receive no benefit for upgrading)
- When built a short distance from the ground, a teleporter through which a player comes may spit the player back to the other teleporter

I'm going to play another game and see about updating a comprehensive list of "little stuff" that I think might help Siege...

Higor
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
- Upgrade issue: fixed.
- Bathrooms and Burning2012: map issue.
- Spit back issue: It's a lagless tele bug, your client moves you to the other side, but server rejects the teleportation due to the other teleporter being obstructed, then the server updates your location and sends your client back to where it should.
Will do something about it someday.

SAM
11-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Bathrooms and burning is not a map issue. It used to work before.

audiosonic
11-02-2012, 06:57 AM
It is because of the change in constructor position (crouch to build low, jump to build high). Having played with the new version (rc14) for a couple of months this is the most annoying change I have come across.

SilverWing
11-02-2012, 09:30 AM
- Upgrade issue: fixed.
- Bathrooms and Burning2012: map issue.
- Spit back issue: It's a lagless tele bug, your client moves you to the other side, but server rejects the teleportation due to the other teleporter being obstructed, then the server updates your location and sends your client back to where it should.
Will do something about it someday.

Ill say it again... hopefully u will listen this time

On RC13(w.e) i added this to defaults to fix the teleporter problem and worked fine after.

BuildDistance=75

So please add it and fix the problem!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Ill say it again... hopefully u will listen this time

On RC13(w.e) i added this to defaults to fix the teleporter problem and worked fine after.

So please add it and fix the problem!
this teleporter's BuildDistance=75 is the same for ued? (75 is the bigger brush size for make teleporter on other side) if you change this value post the new one please, it's very useful for the mappers

Higor
11-02-2012, 12:23 PM
BuildDistance=75 is excessive in my opinion, we're talking of a whole player height distance.
Right now it is at 52 but 60 is as far as I go, don't complain if you see players like me, Scourge or Grim winning games with a straight-to-the core impossible tele...

audiosonic
11-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Scourge, Grim and Higor, those are the three people I'm least afraid of finishing my core rofl.

Scourge
11-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Scourge, Grim and Higor, those are the three people I'm least afraid of finishing my core rofl.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100617180658/turtledove/images/2/26/ThreeStooges.jpg

|uK|Grimreaper
11-02-2012, 03:49 PM
ye ye freeze xD

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-02-2012, 10:29 PM
you must fix that nuke bug... if someone drop a nuke, many times you cant catch it lol. today on clarion an ape from my team droped a nuke, near the enemy core, i tried got the nuke, but i just crossed it so i was defending this nuke by 10 seconds or more and I could not catch ¬¬

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
thats because it was in midair adrian try going to where the warhead shows and piston up you should get it

SAM
11-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Higor

The maps were made to intentionally function that way with the older versions of siege. This brought the tactical side to those maps. You should ensure that mapper's hard work have full compatibility otherwise those maps become obsolete. You could make it configurable per map. However, I do agree with SW. That siege should carry forwards compatibility.

Higor
11-03-2012, 07:27 PM
The Nuke Siren won't spam more than 1 message every 4 seconds.
Also, the alert sound is a client simulated effect that loops and becomes a bit fainter with distance (exceeds the 255 radius limit so it will still sound in huge maps like Outworld or ValleyOfSiege).
With some good audio equipment a player will be able to tell apart which siren is sounding when a team has more than one.

Side effects:
Less messages to all players on the network channel.
bAlwaysRelevant had to be enabled on the Nuke Siren in order to ensure proper light and sound simulation.

Higor
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Spectators now get a sgPRI.
RURecovery also recovers Kills, Deaths and Score.
RURecovery prevents name-laming to recover someone else's RU.
Established basis for Bot RU recovery.

EDIT:
Removed sgInfoDeath variable from sgPRI, PlayerReplicationInfo already has Deaths for that.

Higor
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
SAM SilverWing
Want to get this out quickly, if there are final changes or corrections to me made, don't take too much to tell me.

.seVered.][
11-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Weird :s. I'll look today.

Operator error PUG (SiegeGI2)...disregard