Combo server changes my preferences [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Combo server changes my preferences

~~D4RR3N~~
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering something... why changes I make in Preferences don't work in Combo server????
Here's the thing:
I installed some crosshairs to my ut, and adjusted my HUD how I like it, BUT THEN, when I enter the combo server, It shows everything like if I didn't do any changes! Indeed, sometimes it EVEN INCREASES the size of my HUD... And, when I try to select the crosshair I usually use, it DOESN'T let me change it D: It only shows default crosshairs...
I was wondering if you can tell me why this bug happens and if you can fix it...
Soon I'll post photos of both cases how I have my ut configurated and how this server shows my configuration...

*Extra info*
It ONLY changes configuration on combo server, that's why I post the bug in here...
When I get out of the server or connect to other server, it shows the preferences I had before (before entering combo).
This has happened to me always, I didn't say anything before because I didn't care, but this crosshairs are pretty good and since I can't use them, I get a little pissed...

Thank you for your time and hoping this can get fixed,
Ð4RR3N

SAM
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Which other servers do you play on?

Do you play on the Instagib servers by any chance?

~~D4RR3N~~
10-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Well, I'm starting to go to instaservers (I've tried on UK's server but it gives me high ping, as expected), but then I tried insta in US server, And all preferences are OK, In siege, preferences are OK, in Latin servers, preferences are OK, in all servers, preferences are OK but not in uK's combo server :/ Indeed, The hud page in preferences CHANGES when I'm in combo server, changes HUD size, cross, cross limit, etc etc...
I'll post some images, you just wait xD

SAM
10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Please post some images lol

~~D4RR3N~~
10-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh... almost forget, list of all servers I USUALLY play on (These aren't all I have in my favorites list):
zp| [=======] [PURE] [INSTAGIB] [US] [=======] by www.unrealkillers.com (75.102.41.52:7777)
. . . : : : S U P E R C T F & DM : : : . . . (latin clan) (206.217.139.100:7777)
«| [R]^ [ComboGib]*[DM]*[CTF]»» ^Ultimate Clan [Rootkits]^® ::No+LaG:: |» Server. (69.167.106.31:7777)
zp| | - = | C O M B O I N S T A G I B | = - combogib by www.unrealkillers.com (I'm not puting ip, I wasn't even going to put this but, you said servers I usually play on, I play on this a lot)
RomainiansNet's TDM New Server (some times, I don't like a lot DM :/) (108.61.255.210:7777)
zp| * * * -=[SIEGE]=- |uK| One Night Stand -=[SIEGE]=- Server * * * In Loving Memory of |uK|*STARS* (75.102.40.198:7777)

And well, those are all...

SAM
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I meant our servers lol....config wise it shouldn't really be the same. They are all basically clones of One Night Stand Siege

Anyway, post some images. I think I might know what it might be.

~~D4RR3N~~
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
OK, i finally got images.
Here's my HUD in ANY server:
http://i.imgur.com/rc6a8.png
And here's my HUD in COMBO server:
http://i.imgur.com/C2UGl.png
As you can see, That's the old cross I used to use a long long time ago, but combo uses it anyways, Changed my cross and its color, plus, the HUD is to damn big, and I never put it like that before! (I mean, I hate that HUD size, why would I like it like that? xD)
And also changes HUD transparency, thing that is hoghly annoying... I you know what's happening tell me how to fix it, or, if it is from the server, can you fix it?

Thank you in advance,
Ð4RR3N

audiosonic
10-04-2012, 04:27 AM
I played there yesterday and it happened to me as well, I think it changes to the HUD you had when you first joined the server (the very first time) because only my crosshair had changed...

SAM
10-04-2012, 04:30 AM
I will be looking at it today. I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is.

~~D4RR3N~~
10-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I played there yesterday and it happened to me as well, I think it changes to the HUD you had when you first joined the server (the very first time) because only my crosshair had changed...
Yeah, but not only that, When entering server, my preferences limits changes as well!!
For example: My actual cross limit in my user.ini is 22 (or 24 I don't remember OK), BUT, if I enter the server, my cross limit is 9 in the preferences/HUD! (You know, there are 9 different crosses in Botpack, the default ones....

Pie
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Wait wait wait.. You guys own/run the INSTAGIB servers that have on in UK and one in US? I never knew that! You only see so much of a name in UT, so I never saw that.

I used to play there more frequently, but never saw uK members on it. It's definitely fast-paced and a lot of fun though.

SAM
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Ok, the server should allow your hud now (unless your FOV is something stupid like 20)

Wait wait wait.. You guys own/run the INSTAGIB servers that have on in UK and one in US? I never knew that! You only see so much of a name in UT, so I never saw that.

I used to play there more frequently, but never saw uK members on it. It's definitely fast-paced and a lot of fun though.

Yes, we own/run the Instagib UK & US servers. We predominently play siege you won't see many uK, if you do they'll probably alias. The server is mostly for public benefit though and to offer instagib which is unrepresented. Seems we have a monopoly here :o

~~D4RR3N~~
10-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Ok, the server should allow your hud now (unless your FOV is something stupid like 20)

I don't evemn know what FOV is lol xD BUT I looked for it in my inis (both user and ut ini), and I have it in 90 (I've never changed that because I don't know what is it xD), is that ok?

~~D4RR3N~~
10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXtpsV6fyH0&feature=youtu.be There's a shitty (really BAD) video, showing my both cross limit, to you to understand better what's going on

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-05-2012, 07:45 PM
fov is known as FIELD OF VIEW

meaning you can make the screen wider so you see more but this also makes the objects look further and more inwards

or you can make the screen come further in meaning things will loook bigger but more squashed

90 is the standard field of view

SAM
10-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Can you check if the prob is resolved?

~~D4RR3N~~
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Still the same, doesn't read my crosses :/