PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with Shieldbelt, what to do?

Higor
10-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Doing changes back and forth, there's not a single place or case the Shieldbelt can't be exploited or abused, either with the new ShieldBelts or the old ones.

The Shield Belt's main function is to increase the armor amount and provide full damage absorption.
But there's a problem, we already have a preset armor type and lots of other suits, stacking armors or just bulking up in more armor in the middle of an attack to increase durability is unintended (hello Scourge).

Things we want to prevent:
1- Armor stacking.
2- Cheap armor refilling far away from a supplier.

Things we want to keep:
1- Ways to avoid Super Protector detection that don't feel hacky.
2- Extra durability during special attacks.

My vote, goes to replace the ShieldBelt with a different item, in my opinion it just doesn't fit properly with the current Siege gameplay system.
There are other options to discuss, like capping the Normal armor + Shield belt to 150 like UT does, but I'll leave it for discussion.

PD: Descriptions:
Sensor disruptor > Prevent SP detection, Motion Alarm triggering (mines and nuke siren too?)
Helmet can protect up to 250 headshot damage (rifle or ripper) before destroyed.
Acoustic dampener: player weapons are silent, contructor as well.

SilverWing
10-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Like i said. Put it back to normal UT Armor and Shieldbelt setting.

~~D4RR3N~~
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
These are cool ideas, if you ask me :D It's true, people is stacking armor a lot, I've seen alucard and scourge as well, they get METAL SUIT, and then they build a shieldbelt (I mean, that's very stupid, metal protects you from a lot of damage), and, instead of a constant offense, they just hit (and kill, obviously) other players and go back to the sup when their armor has a low level, then they build another shieldbelt and do it a lot of times... very annoying...

|uK|Grimreaper
10-04-2012, 11:39 PM
at the old shieldbelt if u get hit 1 hs u lose shield but at this new one uneed multiple hs's to lose it
so imagine someone with rubber suit or metal suit and shieldbelt and toxin suit 300+ armor

Feralidragon
10-05-2012, 10:32 AM
The standard shieldbelt "eats" the other armor and caps it to 150. I don't play Siege for a long time, but it sounds someone made a new stackable and stronger shieldbelt... wtf?

Higor
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Old one can be stacked too, blame the suppliers for that.

Even if bother with making the suppliers recognize the ShieldBelt and not adding more armor when 150 is reached, that won't prevent players from buying a Shield belt far away from their base to stay alive.
Just imagine you're playing CS and somebody buys health or armor in the middle of the round?, It's something like that.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-05-2012, 07:25 PM
its simple stop the stacking of the suits with regular armour and belts

put the normal ut armour and belt combination

and lastly please dont add a stupid helmet to stop headshots, if you cant aim then please learn to. or at the least learn how to move?

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
10-05-2012, 11:40 PM
belt is perfect and dont need any change

audiosonic
10-06-2012, 07:27 AM
In previous versions you couldn't stack belt on metal/rubber suit (the metal/rubber suit would disappear), unless you made shield belt before you picked either one up. However there is no point in making a shield belt if it doesn't give you any advantage, maybe price it up a bit (350-450), because that extra 150hp is like an extra life if you are nuking.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
10-06-2012, 07:14 PM
just make belt + suits uncompatible
belt is very strategically usefull... 10 hp + belt, belt + invi, make belt after get sps shots for use piston...

increase the cost is really bad... or you can just make the sgBelt like the original, when you have armor and got belt, all armor are replaced by the belt... armor + belt sucks 300 armor + 150 hp, you can fall into a mine lv 3 and still remains 60HP

Neff
10-06-2012, 09:39 PM
The only things I care about being done to Siege right now are

1) The patch to make the server stop crashing
2) Balancer that balances at the start and as players join the game, not players who built the most what the fuck?

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-07-2012, 12:04 PM
do it so you cant STACK BELTS WITH SUITS

if you pick up say rubber then make a belt it still stays at 150 or whatever the rubber suit gives you as armour but dont let the belt override that

same with metal suit ofc

if you have just armour no suits and you pick up say rubber or metal it should override the armour and just give you whatever those two suits give you as armour

if you have just armour and make a belt it should stay at 150

stacking of suits belts and armours should not be allowed

.seVered.][
10-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Remove the repair option for the Shield belt. I don't mind the extra strength from putting one on, but it should not be re-fillable in the supplier.

Scourge
11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
The tactics you're talking about are clearly tactics that I use a lot and that some find cheap, but when I find others using them I don't really have a problem with it. I see it as an extra challenge that I have to work harder to overcome. I think the suit stacking adds a lot to the value of metal and rubber suits.

But this value isn't so much that players become totally unstoppable. And yes, even in maps like ClarionUltimate where players can become essentially flying tanks, they are not unkillable - I've hunted down and killed several jetpackers with the same setup as me.

All armors do break down with assault, even when restored by the supplier. Basically, if you're aiming to take down someone with heavy gear, you need to have persistence and the right approach - and if you're the person with heavy gear, you can't just blunder around with it expecting not to die when you're possibly the hottest target on the map.

I don't know. I like the shieldbelt the way it is.