PDA

View Full Version : MLSG Map entry - CTF-([MFN])-ParadiseValley

Muffin
10-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Link: http://www.filedropper.com/ctf-mfn-paradisevalley

Why I think this map should win: I put a lot of time and effort into it to make it the best out there, I tried to make it have some aspects from popular maps such as Hillforts and Blackriver for interesting gameplay. I think this is by far the best map I've ever made, and even if I don't win the contest I will still love it, lol.

Screenies:

Pie
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
This is definitely my favorite of the three. I helped test it out! =-P

SAM
10-10-2012, 03:12 PM
lol Muffin's really going for it she wants to be the weiner!

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
10-10-2012, 03:42 PM
i like this one also :)

it will be good to try it soon SAM

'Zac
10-10-2012, 03:57 PM
nice map, looks like we got some competition :P

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-10-2012, 04:52 PM
wow...3rd map, muffin should win for sheer dedication..lol

damic
10-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Nice map!

SAM
10-10-2012, 06:01 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};41167']wow...3rd map, muffin should win for sheer dedication..lol

Agreed lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-10-2012, 06:04 PM
lol, hell, im not in it to win it, severed gave me a shunt to create a new map for the server... new maps are always good.

Crsk
10-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Muffin are you God?
xD perfect textures combination, and that palm! GREATE
not sure but maybe you forgot put WarheadLauncher or something like that for middle spawn items?

spacemuffins is good too :)

Muffin
10-10-2012, 07:29 PM
OMFG! I completely forgot the keg of health for the middle spawn, if it still counts, here is the link for the fixed one:

http://www.filedropper.com/ctf-mfn-paradisevalleyv2_1

Thanks everyone btw!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
unnacceptable, i think muffin should be banned from the competition for this mistake!!!! ban ban ban!

:P

.seVered.][
10-10-2012, 11:16 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};41186']unnacceptable, i think muffin should be banned from the competition for this mistake!!!! ban ban ban!

:P

LOL, how about a 10 point penalty !!! ;)

Crsk
10-10-2012, 11:27 PM
we all do, never enough, always something is missing, change blue light color for red, align some texture, put the screenshot... -.- never ends
.seVered.][ one post more for 1.000 ! go ahead!!

.seVered.][
10-11-2012, 01:09 AM
:congratulatory:

Interesting twist to this one...

How do you make the Boats go?
I like the toxic water.. but the current should also pull the player along not just the water
The fire flies are awesome, spread them out more? (great for distraction)
Palm Tree - KILLER.. needs more of em though and collison hulls should go ALL the way to the top.
Some kind of weird BSP problem when half in and half out of water... top part don't move same as bottom.
Love the trees in the middle... good work
Could not seem to get the middle to spawn?

And then there's the boxes... VERY NICE.... except inside... i could not jump onto the "step" part while inside. made it hard to move on. Excellent use of foliage, nice blending with the textures.

Great Job... Wonderful lighting too.

|uK|fleecey
10-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Looks good muffin!

Muffin
10-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Boats don't go. They're just for decoration, lol.
If I made a current, some people might abuse it to get to the opposing base faster.
Fireflies aren't just to add to the pretty :P
I haven't seen any BSP errors, I'll look into it though.
In the older siege(s), the keg would make the middle spawn. Is it different in the newer version?

Thank you for the feedback.

TDNConvict
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM
mmm i could go for a muffin right now

audiosonic
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
The mid-spawn the top thingy (the sphere) is known to be buggy and if you touch it you die... Intentional?

.seVered.][
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Boats don't go. They're just for decoration, lol.
If I made a current, some people might abuse it to get to the opposing base faster.
Fireflies aren't just to add to the pretty :P
I haven't seen any BSP errors, I'll look into it though.
In the older siege(s), the keg would make the middle spawn. Is it different in the newer version?

Thank you for the feedback.

Bummer, I like the boats, can you make them go? and what you mean "not just for pretty?". The BSP freaky error was somewhere in the tunnel when I was half below and half above the water and they did not move together. I'll check again.

And

mmm i could go for a muffin right now

Who doesn't love Muffin's :)

'Zac
10-11-2012, 04:56 PM
The mid-spawn the top thingy (the sphere) is known to be buggy and if you touch it you die... Intentional?

well in the editor if u make a sphere with more than i think 4 or 5+ sides ( default looks like a diamond), and u touch it mid game you will die or even worse...crash.

.seVered.][
10-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Small bases DO NOT WORK with BIG MAPS, or with siege period. This map was a slaughter house of supplier spam and one team dominating as soon as they had a tele.

Muffin
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
I originally planned to make them go, but I'm absolutely awful at making movers. They always end up glitchy, or go though walls or something. I meant the fireflies could be a good distraction, I'm actually hoping they lessen the camping, lol.

No, it wasn't intentional. That's a problem I've always had with tetrahedrons :\ They always end up killing you. I don't know how to fix it. I hoped making it a semisolid brush would help, but it seems not.

Crsk
10-11-2012, 05:59 PM
No, it wasn't intentional. That's a problem I've always had with tetrahedrons :\ They always end up killing you. I don't know how to fix it. I hoped making it a semisolid brush would help, but it seems not.

just make that brush non solid and put some block actor for more realism and is fixed
the harder part is upload a new link -.-

PD. make sure nonsolid is not intersected with semisolid, with solid np but semi... just do not get along

.seVered.][
10-11-2012, 06:34 PM
I originally planned to make them go, but I'm absolutely awful at making movers. They always end up glitchy, or go though walls or something. I meant the fireflies could be a good distraction, I'm actually hoping they lessen the camping, lol.

just make that brush non solid and put some block actor for more realism and is fixed
the harder part is upload a new link -.-

PD. make sure nonsolid is not intersected with semisolid, with solid np but semi... just do not get along

THIS is what the contest is ALL ABOUT! Nice to see our members working together for a common goal.

Thanks Reb!

SAM does the Mention work when you EDIT a post too?

SAM
10-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes mention works even if you edit post to add it.

Muffin
10-11-2012, 09:45 PM
We should all collab and make one epic map, lol.

.seVered.][
10-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Just some of the comments from the initial run of a few maps.
Map Name-YYYY.MM.DD-HH.MM.SS

CTF-([MFN])-ParadiseValleyv2-2012.10.11-14.10.18
Harakiri i got stuck on a boat
D/Khan WHO MAKE THIS MAP?
{wA1337}|^DEAD` Muffin
{wA1337}|^DEAD` My baby
D/Khan GOOD MAP
{wA1337}|^DEAD` INDEED
Alucard hgey pendeo apurate del suplier
Harakiri this map is a mix of hillforts with blackriver
Harakiri no new idea
BOON_MA_I EN LOS MATORRALES HAY CUARTOS OCULTOS
D/Khan Nice. "< probably just found the tunnel in the weeds<.seVered.]["
hOaX next time supplier behind the house dowstairs
[R]^Orus' this is good map
hOaX i problem the core spam from front
|uK|Sonic stupid map
�`~ problemas no es el spam son los noobs q hacen spam
~|AZ|~i.live NICE MAP :D :D :D :D
[R]^Gladiator the map was ok but noobs from uK spaming...
kLuTz Too easy of a map.
[R]^Gladiator imposible play

CTF-([MFN])-ParadiseValleyv2-2012.10.11-17.23.40
Scourge oooooo
Scourge it's so...
Scourge world of warcraft@@@
Packy_Derm oo dark
Packy_Derm yeah..map has "gay" thing going on with it
Scourge the boat does nothing, how lame
ourge map is terrible for players that can't aim lol
.seVered.][���� supplier locations SUCK
.seVered.][���� there is no good spot
Kanelo omg this map is so gay
-coRe*noggieB- the boat doesn't move :|
Scourge logistically it's like a cross between hillforts and blackriver
-coRe*noggieB- also you can get stuck in it xD
Obsidian lame open windows lol
Scourge stylistically it's like a gay bar/world of warcraft/league of legends
Scourge i'm sort of reminded of sonic cd
Scourge with the fireflies
Kanelo this is another map for campers
-coRe*noggieB- zzz
Scourge PASTEL BLUES EVERYWHERE
Packy_Derm CAMP CITY ver2
Scourge DUDE WTF THIS IS A MINECRAFT TUNNEL
sXc'Vatiko//.ftw' would be cooler if the boat worked :\
uK|lotafun69 i like this map
-=]UM[=-FENIX GOOD MAP

TDNConvict
10-15-2012, 12:14 PM
the look of this map is cool but i'm sorry its def not my favorite - I have played all the new maps now with exception of maybe 1 - problem I have with this map is plays like others that have been created already... just reminds me of blackriver and another map that gets played in pub all the time... appreciate the effort tho

.seVered.][
10-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Disturbed found a bug in the map, kind of annoying bug too. The thing that surrounds the MidSpawn has a DOME cover over it. If you fly into that dome... you CRATER.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Muffin/Shot0006.jpg

Disturbed//*.
10-22-2012, 12:04 AM
[;42142']Disturbed found a bug in the map, kind of annoying bug too. The thing that surrounds the MidSpawn has a DOME cover over it. If you fly into that dome... you CRATER.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Muffin/Shot0006.jpg
Yes, I had Speed and Super Jetpack, and died. Oh well.

Also, Can you move the tree SOMEWHERE ELSE, I jumped off the superbooster from top with a nuke, and i THOUGHT i landed in water, but i landed on the tree and i died with my nuke, maybe move tree INTO the house? Give's you that look of the beach. Thats my 2 cents

Muffin
10-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Someone pointed that out before. I plan to fix it, but my editor is screwing up.

That's a problem I've always had with tetrahedrons :\ They always end up killing you. I don't know how to fix it. I hoped making it a semisolid brush would help, but it seems not.

|uK|Grimreaper
10-22-2012, 10:35 PM
ye i told you

Sheepy
11-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Ive only played it once but it seems like a weird mix of blackriver and that hillforts map.
If you change the bases to something less easy to spam, it might work out

audiosonic
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Yes the bases need a fix, there needs to be more space inside for builds and kind of isolate it from the outside so you cant just spam secondary rockets into it, because once you get in you can do a lot of damage. Also the teleporter that takes you from top mountain to the bridge is kind of overpowered, it's basically a free entry to their front without losing health.

.seVered.][
11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
The name of the map doesn't show up in the Server list in the "Unreal Tournament Server Browser" list...

Muffin
11-04-2012, 05:56 PM
[;43449']The name of the map doesn't show up in the Server list in the "Unreal Tournament Server Browser" list...

I know, I noticed that shortly after I submitted it. I could explain the reason as to why, but that doesn't really matter. Once I'm able to actually manipulate my editor and MLSG III comes around I'll fix it along with a few other things.

Crsk
11-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Muffin fix your favorites teleporters changing your 18 Collision Radius to 64 and increase a little the radius for the block actors in the palm that is near to the house too