PDA

View Full Version : Setup

|uK|MiniWick
10-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Really thought there was a topic about this..

most recent

.seVered.][
10-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Really thought there was a topic about this..

most recent

A Clean desk is the sign of a sick mind! ... Albert Einstein (http://chuckslowe.com/?tag=albert-einstein)

Lee_Stricklin
10-17-2012, 12:38 AM
What kind of speakers are those to the left of your desk? and why do you only have two of them? lol btw, here's the specs to my audio:

Receiver: Sherwood RD6500
Front: Sanyo SS 900
Center: A pair of Fisher (Sanyo era) STV 720s hooked up in parallel
Rear: Sanyo SS 685
Sub: None at the moment and a traditional one won't add anything to the setup
Mic: IAsus NT3 throat mic

Future upgrades include:
Replacing the rear speakers with another pair of SS 900s
Upgrading to a 7.1 receiver, preferably one by Sherwood or Yamaha
Restoring a pair of Sanyo SS695s and hooking them up as sides
Grabbing an Earthquake tranducer

|uK|fleecey
10-17-2012, 07:37 AM
REDBULL <3

|uK|MiniWick
10-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I have 5....lol it's a 5.1 surround sound z5500 Logitech

SAM
10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
What games do you play on that Alienware? Is it the M17x or M18x?

|uK|MiniWick
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
mx15 since it's more convenient for me ..the others are just too big. I'm running 8 gb and ati 5850. I'm waiting for a game that interests me to play..recent game I bought was Borderlands 2.

UcHiHa
10-17-2012, 02:18 PM
i only have an old box D:

Lee_Stricklin
10-18-2012, 02:10 AM
I have 5....lol it's a 5.1 surround sound z5500 Logitech

I saw that lol I was talking about the two floor standing speakers you had in the pic. btw your surround sound is place all wrong :P the subwoofer should be under your desk, center channel directly in front of you, preferably under your screen, rear channels should be properly spaced behind you, etc.

|uK|MiniWick
10-18-2012, 11:49 AM
I saw that lol I was talking about the two floor standing speakers you had in the pic. btw your surround sound is place all wrong :P the subwoofer should be under your desk, center channel directly in front of you, preferably under your screen, rear channels should be properly spaced behind you, etc.

My sub should be behind my tv to be specific * I just don't have time and room to make it perfect how I want it ..And those are old speakers I had..You should see my 2 club 16 inches 3000 watts speakers....ya you heard me

Lee_Stricklin
10-18-2012, 06:40 PM
My sub should be behind my tv to be specific * I just don't have time and room to make it perfect how I want it ..And those are old speakers I had..You should see my 2 club 16 inches 3000 watts speakers....ya you heard me

lol the 3000 watts part makes it impossible for me to take them seriously now. Unless they're exceeding 120db (doubt it) I'm just going to assume that they're very inefficient and probably have aluminum voice coils (which can handle that wattage, but sound like sheet metal) and the drivers themselves are probably made of plastic instead of paper as well.

.seVered.][
10-18-2012, 08:35 PM
LOL, sure they are... (maybe) but not if they are plastic. ALWAYS tell your grocery clerk PAPER not PLASTIC!

|uK|MiniWick
10-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Nah idk what they are ..just sounded sick tho to me if they were 3000 watts ..They are club speakers tho. I'll check them out tomorrow

Lee_Stricklin
10-19-2012, 09:52 AM
[;41836']LOL, sure they are... (maybe) but not if they are plastic. ALWAYS tell your grocery clerk PAPER not PLASTIC!

I actually know a little bit about speaker construction. Paper is the best material to use on the cones and voice coils because it has next to no distortion or anything else that can alter the signal. Plastic is the next best thing (but still doesn't sound as clear) and aluminum is full-retard except in special applications. Plastic or metal cones and aluminum voice coils (along with rubber surrounds) should really only be used in speakers that are intended to be put through hell and back, such as those used in cars and exposed to a variety of temperature/climate changes. The best sounding drivers are those that use paper cones, paper voice coils, and cloth surrounds and are generally housed in high quality cabinets. That's why a lot of mid and late 70s and early 80s speakers (such as those made by Sansui) sound good and are highly sought after. The only down side of paper is that it's prone to damage from serious climate changes and paper voice coils can burn up if you run them higher than their listed power ratings.

.seVered.][
10-19-2012, 04:08 PM
LOL, and when you say BURN, you really do mean BURN! I've personally seen it happen... amazing sight.