PDA

View Full Version : Server under heavy attack

Scourge
10-29-2012, 04:41 PM
There has been a swath of crashes and heavy lag today. If there is anything you could do about that, we would be most grateful.

Any idea why someone would want to attack the server?

|uK|kenneth
10-29-2012, 04:58 PM

lol...

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
10-29-2012, 05:24 PM
There has been a swath of crashes and heavy lag today. If there is anything you could do about that, we would be most grateful.

aliens is back again ?

Moskva
10-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Might start with S and end with ilent Koala

~~D4RR3N~~
10-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Wah_JD;42801']aliens is back again ?
lol, I love this forum's posts, always ROFLing xDDDD
And those gifs Moskva, Rays and you profile Pic Wah... Hilarious xDDDD

SAM
10-30-2012, 03:47 AM
I don't think this is anything to do with SK. Various other popular servers are being crashed including our combo, siege and hof's rx server. We're waiting on an engine patch. Until then the best you guys can do is not get frustrated and leave or just get annoyed and stop playing here because it's what this person is trying to achieve.

I can't give a time limit on when there will be a fix. Just that there will in the near future. Sorry about this!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
10-30-2012, 07:17 AM
[R] pug server also crashes sometimes, if the one who is crashing the server is uk hater the R server would not to crash... this shit should really be a siege bug (i NEVER saw the server crashing on the old siege 4ways)

Crsk
10-30-2012, 08:30 AM
about heavy lag I can say that: was on a rainy day, I remember the birds singing and dogs barking, my mother sent me to buy bread and I was in pyjamas so I went to my bedroom and, oh sorry excuse me I'm digressing, the fact is that like a year ago when I was a total noob I accidentaly discovered a way to give extreme lag to a server and their players, I will not say what is because it could be a dangerous in noobs hands but it is not a hack. was one game in one server so i dont know much about that

just saying

Shotman
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
would Hurricane Sandy affect these crashes?

Moskva
10-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Wouldnt be so surprising SAM, as SK had a conversation with Dex, basically threatening the servers that use SiegeUltimate, saying he cant attack the uK servers since there is some sort of protection, else he would have done it already, thing is, after that day both uK and rootkits servers have had problems with crashes, might not be him but its at least suspicious

Higor
10-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Server is currently suffering the typical DDOS attacks, combined with the crash thing.
I force switch to the last map everytime so ppl don't keep suffering on McSwartzly.

SAM
10-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Is there a DDoS too? I thought it was just malicious crashes?

Higor
10-31-2012, 12:09 AM
Lol, disregard my DDOS allegations, it was my connection.
My phone line has intensity issues, causing me not to receive calls (i still get internet lol) and had sudden speed drops and timeouts.
Maybe it's due to the fact they're putting optic fiber on my town :)

SAM
10-31-2012, 04:25 AM
You're on dial up?!

Scourge
11-01-2012, 08:45 PM
There was another spate of lag spikes during a game in Bathrooms today. =S

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Combo and us insta was crashing also. was on combo server would start to lag really bad then connection would drop out for about 30 seconds. I asked on the usinsta server they said it was also doing it.

Shotman
11-01-2012, 11:02 PM
sam could you make ace load up first before game starts?