PDA

View Full Version : Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Feralidragon
11-03-2012, 12:59 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9TGAvlFA0G8/UJK3JTJjPyI/AAAAAAAAAy4/nzA1bBHLKoU/s512/NW3_newlogo_bigres.png

Here it is, Nali Weapons 3 is finally released:
ZIP version: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/downloads/nali-weapons-3-client-zip-version
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?ww2vzoxfy5cyg0v )
UMOD version: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/downloads/nali-weapons-3-client-umod-version
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?7qd84n6gb9ng0x5 )

Also, if you own a server or want to host one for these weapons, there redirect files can be found here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/downloads/nali-weapons-3-redirect-servers-only
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?yxy174imtali49n )

Nuclear testing maps: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/addons/nuclear-test-maps
(or http://www.mediafire.com/?bdgei2ck5gi22pj )

I also made a "short" 6min video showing a glimpse on all available weapons and nukes (it's suggested to play it in HD):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8LFpo0gDkU

I hope you enjoy it :)

!DEAD
11-03-2012, 02:24 PM
YEAH!

|uK|Chronox
11-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow really good mod there *o*

Dr.Flay
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
In light of an issue raised during testing, I have written a page about getting more audio channels for effects.
My Unreal - Audio Tweaks (http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/audio-tweaks)
I'll be adding a bit more about how to set up a cheap surround-sound system.

!DEAD
11-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Why downloadind ZIP file not work? :c

Dr.Flay
11-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Why downloadind ZIP file not work? :c

Filefront have not cleared the download yet.
I have a mirror on my site. (smaller 7zip files).

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-03-2012, 06:04 PM
i have tested it and all i can say is "outstanding", no weapon mod available can touch this.

ps, the nuke launcher is freaking awesome.

Dr.Flay
11-03-2012, 06:22 PM
See how far away that is ?
See how dead all the bits of zombie in the foreground are?
See a few more examples of the BIGBADDABOOMs available for you to annoy your neighbours with
My Unreal - Nali Weapons 3 (http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/albums/show.dml?id=12967022)
Feel free to add more.

Feralidragon
11-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks all.
@Dr. Flay: Nice screenshots, caught at the right moments :D

Heads up: I updated the first post with temporary dropbox links until this gamefront issue is sorted out (I used moddb for years, and this is the first time I see such issue, I already posted in their forums and also submitted a ticket to gamefront).

Higor
11-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Gonna be fun adding some of these as buildables and mid spawn.

Already have in mind a generic sgItem buildable that will take the weapon's model and give the item without generating code dependancy.

SilverWing
11-03-2012, 08:25 PM
SWEET CANT WAITTTTT

WILDCARD HIT ME UP FOR SOME GATEWAY GAMESSSSS!!!!!

nOs*Wildcard
11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
SWEET CANT WAITTTTT

WILDCARD HIT ME UP FOR SOME GATEWAY GAMESSSSS!!!!!

Just like old times, NEW WEAPONS!
Still trying to set it up between SX3M and Gauntlet

...ultra mine
No it's not a platform! XD

SilverWing
11-03-2012, 10:53 PM
YES ULTRA MINEEEEEEEEEE

!DEAD
11-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Ultra mine killing apes?

!DEAD
11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Higor, its great idea! GENIUS...

Dr.Flay
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
You got it running here yet ?
I'll add the server details to my site ASAP.
My Unreal - Nali Weapons 3 (http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/nali-weapons-3)
(People can post server details in the comments without having to join)

Feralidragon
11-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks everyone :)

Btw, a heads up: I am going to re-release the entire mod within a few weeks. Main reason: a few wild bugs appeared in the core file.
So, if you notice any bugs, no matter how insignificant they may look like, please report.

The next release will also have the full documentation on settings (mainly for players and admins, and a few things for developers, like plugins support and advanced customization).

Also, if you have any further settings you wanted to see added to the mod, or development support (plugins and such), etc, please say it now since it's likely that the next release will be the last and final one, as far as the original NW3 packages go (bonus packs may be made and such, but I don't want to keep releasing a 75Mb zip file for every small thing).

PS: It seems that the NW3 packages need to be added to the ACE whitelist, otherwise it may randomly kick people due to heavy usage of client-side functions for effects and such.

nOs*Wildcard
11-11-2012, 06:35 AM

Btw, a heads up: I am going to re-release the entire mod within a few weeks. Main reason: a few wild bugs appeared in the core file.
So, if you notice any bugs, no matter how insignificant they may look like, please report.

The next release will also have the full documentation on settings (mainly for players and admins, and a few things for developers, like plugins support and advanced customization).

Also, if you have any further settings you wanted to see added to the mod, or development support (plugins and such), etc, please say it now since it's likely that the next release will be the last and final one, as far as the original NW3 packages go (bonus packs may be made and such, but I don't want to keep releasing a 75Mb zip file for every small thing).

PS: It seems that the NW3 packages need to be added to the ACE whitelist, otherwise it may randomly kick people due to heavy usage of client-side functions for effects and such.

I Guess now's a better time than ever to make some requests,

Make all armor absorption percentage customizeable in the .ini
Make damage amp's damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
Make the WRE's base fireing rate and damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
It would be nice to be able to customize all weapons base fireing rates and base damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
would it be possible to make Nukes damage actors as opposed to specific actors such as triggers pawns annd such? for example the gateways in gauntlet are a subclass of actor.
Make JumpBoots jump height customizeable in the .ini
Make the Executioner's base damage and base fire rate customizeable.

This is just a rough, I wish it could do this list so far :)
The more things that are customizeable the sweeter!

Great work with NW3! I'm still trying to tweak it to perfection.

SAM
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm going to put a server up soon for NW3. Config is quite a bitch especially to find a good medium. However, I think Higor will be adding it to to siege mid spawns soon...

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-11-2012, 04:54 PM
yeah add more weapons to mid before FIXING the constructor.

weve just played 4 pugs in a row and the constructor is buggy as fuck, if you wont fix it put the old one back because it was PERFECTLY fine how it was.

i made a trans instead of rocket cannons, i made TWO MINES IN A ROW instead of a game ending TELE and as a result i was anally raped on my RU count because i ended up with 0 RU. add to that the tele i made after fucking around with the constructor for more then two mins was killed. so fucking fix it!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
yeah add more weapons to mid before FIXING the constructor.

weve just played 4 pugs in a row and the constructor is buggy as fuck, if you wont fix it put the old one back because it was PERFECTLY fine how it was.

i made a trans instead of rocket cannons, i made TWO MINES IN A ROW instead of a game ending TELE and as a result i was anally raped on my RU count because i ended up with 0 RU. add to that the tele i made after fucking around with the constructor for more then two mins was killed. so fucking fix it!
everyone is asking for fix this constructor, please do it
is really annoying play with this crazy constructor, on this pug i made nuke... 2 minutes after, i made boots, belt for nuke, but when i was pick the nuke, where is it? on nuke spot had a trans! AGAIN!

blaze made a nice tele on their base and when made on our got belt kkkkk
it's funny right? no =(

Feralidragon
11-12-2012, 06:50 AM
Make all armor absorption percentage customizeable in the .ini
Make damage amp's damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
Ok.

Make the WRE's base fireing rate and damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
It would be nice to be able to customize all weapons base fireing rates and base damage scalling customizeable in the .ini
I will think about that one, since in that order of ideas then the momentum transfer and splash would have to be customizable too.
If I make that one I won't be adding it to menus though, the pain is just too great to add those for each and every weapon menu right now.

would it be possible to make Nukes damage actors as opposed to specific actors such as triggers pawns annd such? for example the gateways in gauntlet are a subclass of actor.
It's possible, although I wanted to avoid it due to processing. I can add the option though (disabled by default, and which you can enable later for gateways yourself :) ).

Make JumpBoots jump height customizeable in the .ini
Ok.

Make the Executioner's base damage and base fire rate customizeable.
The base damage you can tweak already on this weapon (check the NWeaponsCfg.ini TheExecutioner section, if you look at the settings you will figure out which one is about damage ;) ), but not the firerate... yet.

Dr.Flay
11-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Swearing and being abusive is not the way to get things fixed.
Submitting a bug report is. You can do that here, or at the official thread
Forums - Nali Weapons 3 Mod for Unreal Tournament - Mod DB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3/forum)

Notice how well professional people like Ferali respond to well phrased clear and concise requests.
I advise people who like to stamp their feet and have a hissy-fit, do it in front of a mirror. You will get more fulfilment.
If you can see what the error is in the code, then feel free to get angry if it is a stupid error, when you submit your correct code.
If in-fact you have no idea what is actually wrong, and you have nothing to add, then just stick to the facts or the symptoms and errors in your logs.

This is a brand new release, created by 1 man, beta tested by a small group of busy people with jobs and real lives. If you are expecting flawless perfection with v1, then get real.
We are here to learn and share. Be one of them. It is more rewarding than pointing fingers and shouting.

Peace-out :victorious:

Feralidragon
11-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks Dr.Flay, but I'm afraid there's a little misunderstanding there.
The guys over there are not complaining about this pack, they are actually complaining about the latest Siege updates (to which my work isn't related at all).

However I must say that the way some users express their frustrations over the devs is worthy of the middle finger and an immediate "goodbye" (this is why I stopped developing RX and never actually developed anything Siege related either besides one or another small fix). So yeah, Higor and all the Siege devs (with a few exceptions uK is certainly aware about) deserve respect in trying to optimize and fix things, while giving them something new to play at the same time... free of charge and in their (likely short) free time.

SAM
11-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks Dr.Flay, but I'm afraid there's a little misunderstanding there.
The guys over there are not complaining about this pack, they are actually complaining about the latest Siege updates (to which my work isn't related at all).

However I must say that the way some users express their frustrations over the devs is worthy of the middle finger and an immediate "goodbye" (this is why I stopped developing RX and never actually developed anything Siege related either besides one or another small fix). So yeah, Higor and all the Siege devs (with a few exceptions uK is certainly aware about) deserve respect in trying to optimize and fix things, while giving them something new to play at the same time... free of charge and in their (likely short) free time.

I agree with you there. I am honestly disgusted sometimes at the attitudes towards bugs and work someone is giving for free...I can only apologise to Higor and encourage his work is good, because it simply is.

Dr.Flay
11-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Sorry for getting on my high-horse, but I tend to find those that shout and swear the most, are the least likely to be genuinely helpful.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I can be helpful but when developers dont listen to players who like me or any other uK member or oldschool sieger do polls before changing things its kind of pointless of us even being here. simply because we know how siege plays and what could be good, what WOULD be good, and what will DEFINITELY be bad

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I can be helpful but when developers dont listen to players who like me or any other uK member or oldschool sieger do polls before changing things its kind of pointless of us even being here. simply because we know how siege plays and what could be good, what WOULD be good, and what will DEFINITELY be bad

TRUE!

Feralidragon
11-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Well, I am not sure if you guys play other FPS games besides UT, but at least I play and atm I am an avid FPS gamer in another game (BLR), and I played plenty of them around (mostly F2P games).
What I saw is that, although players can discuss what's good and bad, fact is that many times players don't actually know what they want, it's that simple (keep in mind these games have much more players than what UT will ever have, and they have oldskoolers too, players since beta stages).

Yeah, you can do polls, and probably some things may be bad as expected, however sometimes it actually turns to be the other way around, I have seen that happening tons of times.
I cannot count the amount of times players flamed the devs about some announced game change or new weapons which looked a bit OP, and that in the end players ended up loving both and finding said weapon very balanced.

Plus, doing polls is highly ineffective and unreliable, and I will explain you why: most players don't visit forums, and they have likely different opinions than you, so doing polls may have a result that in the end 90% of the players don't like, and which you "oldskoolers" actually enforced upon them. If the devs go by the opinion of solely these oldskoolers every single time, mark my words: the game will stagnate and die. Oldskoolers *do NOT* know best, they surely have very valid opinions, but if we go by their opinions every time nothing ever will be changed, which means no improvement and no evolution, and 90% of the players will just get bored eventually and leave.

The only reason uK Siege has been popular during the past years is due to active development, due to new stuff being introduced and even new mechanics. Sure, again, some of them may be bad, but nor you nor me nor the developer knows until it's actually tried in production to check the player's opinions. In this case, it's either removed or improved, but that gives the players no right whatsoever to disrespect the developer at all at any given moment, specially if said developers try to improve things for free in their free time, which most players seem to easily forget.

Whoever doesn't like something, *POLITELY* discuss about it, don't come with sarcasms, flames and that sort of BS over the devs, and probably your points will be taken more seriously, otherwise said devs can simply drop the development and let the game stagnate by itself, and I am pretty sure that won't fix things.

And again, I reiterate: many times players do not actually know what they want until they actually try, and you have tons of examples worldwide of ideas what were thought to be "stupid" and ended up the most popular things ever.

SAM
11-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Ferali posts the truth. It is piss taking to see you idiots take advantage of higor and take him for granted. Things don't get better when things are stale and old instead they die. Higor's goal was to optimise siege code which was needed very very badly and I'm really glad he is spending his FREE time to do all this work. If you guys think it's easy then by all means. Learn uscript do it yourself and do a better job while we sit here riding you up the bumhole about unforseen bugs due to oversight or just plain human error.

Feralidragon
12-07-2012, 07:48 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AdEd4RaKiDA/UME2iZmAoDI/AAAAAAAAAzk/lWTPypFGhmk/s900/XVehiclesShot.png

Well folks, I don't know if you remember about this project at all or not, but these are the reason why I started to work on Nali Weapons 3.
X-Vehicles was supposed to be a full vehicles pack for UT to complement NW3 (that's why this mod has vehicular mines, T-missiles and plenty of nukes).

However, notice the word "was"..... yeah, it won't happen anymore. This vehicle mod won't be finished since I am going to leave the UT modding scene this year, and move on to more serious things such as UDK, as NW3 online success wasn't as great so for me is rather pointless to do anything beyond it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iKdtoH2Kj08/TAqvW29e6JI/AAAAAAAAAWs/YM9A0agEEBc/s900/TankGKOne.PNG

But fear not, within some weeks I will release the final version of NW3 with fixes and a few addons AND X-Vehicles as well as they were 2 years ago.
By then I will give more details (and a video), but basically this vehicles pack doesn't have any online support, lacks proper physics, AI and HUD, besides having a few bugs (again, the last time I touched them was 2 years ago, so not the best visuals nor coding), but they can still be used to toy around and build SP maps with no online support in mind though.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-FvdTWEelBKI/TAqvjhXElzI/AAAAAAAAAW0/EAoxjRVBs9Y/s900/Tanks.PNG

Also, my NW3 Dropbox mirrors are now down (your fault for downloading too much :P), so if you need mirrors (because GameFront excluded your country or so), then I already added more mirrors to the first post (from MediaFire).

In a last note: the ModDB MOTY (Mod Of The Year) is now running, so if you think this mod is worthy, I would appreciate a vote :)
Nali Weapons 3 mod for Unreal Tournament - Mod DB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3) (scroll down, it's the first big green button you see, no registration needed)

Also, it's highly encouraged to vote for other UT mods from other authors if you like them as well:
Mods for Games - Mod DB (http://www.moddb.com/mods?filter=t&game=5) (the same way: just select the mod(s) you like and vote on them, it would be nice to have at least one UT mod in the top100 MOTY this year)

SAM
12-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Wow...are you going to release these vehicles? I'm really disappointed that you will leave the UT dev...honestly, we could do with your knowledge and especially my long term ideas (which we have similar) for siege...and one of those were vehicles/infantry...

Feralidragon
12-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, I am going to release them this month (hopefully). But again, they have no online support and are unfinished, but at least players can check what they could have been. I may as well release the source too, so any dev can pick it up and finish them though.

I also had tons of ideas for siege... or better speaking, I was planning in making a total new one, not to replace the current one, but to complement the game with something new (new visuals, new buildings and concepts, like silos, and yes, vehicles and hell creatures too). I will transport some of my ideas and a little bit of siege concept to a new game I am planning though.

For UT, it just doesn't seem to me to be worth to develop for anymore considering the amount of work needed for all that vs the actual benefit (number of players actually playing it + an online community that understands that devs are still humans). NW3 tired me to no end, I am not up to go through the same process all over again...

Crsk
12-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Please don't go >: (

SAM
12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
+ an online community that understands that devs are still humans)

I understand you :(

Feralidragon
12-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Please don't go >: (
Sorry, the decision is made. There's absolutely no further reason for me to spend hundreds and even thousands of hours developing more stuff when I know from the start my efforts won't worth the trouble.
Right now, is just better to spend a bit more time and give a little more effort to a whole new game in a more modern platform rather than supporting one where the community would rather see the game die by stagnation rather than see it live by improvement (specially since it was improvement and change alone that made the game survive this far, proof of that is that the top UT servers are all modded).
In short, I won't stagnate myself together with the game.

It's sad that even older games like Doom seem to have a bigger and stronger community right now rather than UT (when you have even an older game with modding going stronger than UT, something is wrong).

Feralidragon
12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Ok... I took almost an entire day to assimilate this.
Well see for yourselves (Epic Games): Epic Games Community | Gears of War, Bulletstorm, Infinity Blade, and Unreal Engine 3 (http://epicgames.com/community/)
(Flak posted it on facebook [2 accounts, the main and UEngine one too] and twitter as well)

And although Flak posted about this mod in specific, she also mentioned the UT moddb page where other mods reside, so awareness is there once again on other mods too. :D
Thanks to everyone who supported this mod so far, now yes, now I feel my time was well spent. :D

|uK|DeathHunter
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
feralidragon! you should be working for epic games!... but speaking about unreal being most popular in its mod servers we should make a Re-release of the game with the new data like BunnyTrack,Siege etc. so new players would be up to date. imagine a campaign for siege or BunnyTrack.

Feralidragon
12-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Well, I doubt any UT new release will happen (and we can't do that either).
However, if you want to create more awareness of Siege, you guys should create a ModDB page with it (considering that Flak didn't post about my mod alone, she also posted a link at the bottom to the UT mods list in ModDB, so you guys could take advantage of that too since Epic Games is pretty much the center of it all).
This may revive UT a little bit, perhaps not that much, but at least Epic (Flak) recognized that UT has still modding going on even after several years.

SAM
12-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Does this mean you will stay with us :)

Also, I'm surprised Siege is not in the list! How do we do moddb? What is it? Can you explain the place to me please? I'll go on a PR hunt :d

Feralidragon
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Nope, still leaving UT modding behind, sorry.
This was mostly a big splash, but the end effect will be just a few small waves fading to nothingness. I'm glad Epic posted and recognized the mod, but that's about it, still no players in the servers hosting the mod, and the mentality of the community is still stuck on "new sucks, old rocks until it stagnates", despite the irony of being mods and changes that are still making them playing the game.
So no, my decision is final.

As for ModDB, it's basically the biggest and most popular worldwide website for mods, and they cover pretty much all the games, have reviews systems, comments, and give you almost full freedom in how to show your mod, together with free exposure in the front page for each update (it's pretty damn well thought out, that's why it's popular).

To post there the Siege mod, all you have to do is to create an account, and then create a mod there, and then add screenshots, description about the mod (here you have almost free html editing, only some security limitations that you certainly can imagine), videos if you have them, etc.
You can also post news for each update and all.
Well, you can take a look at my page since it is quite complete: Nali Weapons 3 mod for Unreal Tournament - Mod DB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3)
Keep in mind however, certain things like news and downloads are up to approval first, they won't be immediately available.

But in the end, if you post the mod there and the servers, you will get a good exposure, now not only from moddb itself, but also the link Flak posted in the Epic page, so it will certainly worth the time to set it up.

|uK|DeathHunter
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I have only one more thing to add im glad your takeing your skills away from UT in a realistic view you have amazing poteintal and you will be recignized for that if you dont give up! good luck!!

Feralidragon
12-13-2012, 06:47 AM
^ Thanks. :)

SAM
12-13-2012, 01:30 PM
I plan to host an NW3 server. Just right now is not the right time...When I release servers, I tend to play around myself first and tweak until I am satisfied with it. Your NW3 is far too customisable and as a result, it is taking me ages to perfect a server setting.

It took me two years to tweak the siege server to what it is now, the way it runs, mods etc.

Feralidragon
12-17-2012, 07:19 AM
I think the major problem here is the lack of documentation on each setting, features and whatnot. Obviously I am going to release docs together with the final version of the mod, so probably is better for you to wait for it before you spent too much time on the current one (I will add another bunch of balance settings requested by the community).

SAM
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Hopefully your new notes will be better. NW3 has potential but you have to allow time. When we started siege in 2007 it took until at least 2010 to really start taking off. We had plenty people going wtf is this and leaving and then coming back later on.

Give it time, patience :)

Feralidragon
12-18-2012, 06:16 AM
To be honest, I think that's an unfair comparison. Back in 2007 there were tons of players, specially with the failure of UT3 as a game and as an application (too many game breaking bugs which stayed for too long iirc).
Then in 2009~2010, iirc, first uK got populated with Siege, then uK started to get empty as Rosebum had Siege and was the top Siege server back then, then uK started to recover traffic even way before the Rosebum Siege server went down.
Anyway, bottom line, back then even in 2010 there were still plenty of players playing the game and actually embracing new mods and gametypes, and I actually remember new concepts being made and being used by server admins, and the servers got popular in less than 2 weeks.
Back then, even SLV was still a major played mod and was pretty much constantly fighting for the top places in gametracker.

However, now we're in 2012 and soon enough entering 2013, UT-SLV pretty much died, many popular servers are no longer, and my impression is that even uK Siege lost some traffic ever since (correct me if I am wrong, as you know those stats better than me), since it's easier to get into the server at a time that was almost impossible several months ago.

I strongly believe this is the end of the line as far UT modding is concerned, simply because the game lacks enough players, and the remaining ones don't give two shits about new mods and gametypes (and I don't mean my own alone, I mean in a general standpoint as I have seen from other mods made and in the making by other people) and even complain about the ones that are continuously being worked on to exactly improve it and bring perhaps new players.

Also, if even lighter mods are not even tried, imagine a 160Mb mod... again, it was a success as far as the community goes and the players that actually look for mods, but at online level it wasn't, despite the ones who tried liked the gameplay a lot, either in MH and even in DM and CTF gametypes.
Almost 2 months passed since the first release, and even MH servers are not filled even to half capacity when having at least more than that was normal in the NW2 days.

Believe me that I hate to admit it, but this game is a dying breed. Siege is now very popular, and a few other gametypes are as well, but so were SLV, Zark and others for years until they suddenly died, and I believe NW3 won't even ever take off (it's a weapon pack after all, it's not like players have to learn anything besides using the weapons pretty much just like any other weapon out there), and if it ever does, I will eat my own words.

The final polished version of the mod won't likely have any different reception, unless players like the bounty and skill points system I am going to add (like bonus points for headshots [even more points by headshoting in middle air], extra points by killing a good player, etc) to improve the gameplay even further.

~~D4RR3N~~
12-18-2012, 07:04 PM
NALI WEAPONS 3 IS AWESOME!!! Thanks to NW3 I started playing MH!!
Go to UM's MH with NW3, it doesn't have much people, but is very funny and amazing!
feralidragon, I know plenty of people that like NW3!

~~D4RR3N~~
12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Lol if you want NW3 to be more known, simply do this (Will take a lot of time, and may be hard, but it can worth it!):
Since |uK|'s servers are ''world famous'', |uK| or other famous clan or somebody else has to create a server, with mapvote, mutators etc etc etc using NW3, GameType could be whatever is wanted (As you said, is a weapon pack, not a GT), indeed, it could be even LMS! or the four principal Gametypes (AS, DOM, CTF and DM).
When the server is COMPLETELY ready and tested and is playable, then |uK| can ''promote'' (Just like you do with MLSG3 <--- those announcements have me sick -.-) The all-new-NW3-Multi-Gametype server. It sounds easy, but would be very hard...
Just an idea :P xD

Feralidragon
12-19-2012, 07:23 AM
^ Thanks for the ideas on getting the mod popular, but fact is the problem is not popularity.
This is a mod that got featured in Epic Games itself, and stayed featured for about an entire week, I don't think it can get more "popular" than that.
The thing is, people try, like it, but since no one joins a server, they leave. Adding to that the entire mod is 160Mb, on redirect is less than 80Mb, when usually mods don't surpass the 25Mb.

The UT modding reached its end imo. Only smaller mods are going to make it through and I am not a "smaller mods" guy, I try to go beyond that myself. And if despite the popularity NW3 got no one plays it (even though who tried, enjoyed it even online), then that's it, end of the road. Trying to promote it further would be nothing but a waste of time.
If I do a new game however, I can push it as much as 3~4Gb in filesize and many may actually try it if well promoted, and instead of having to worry about 1000 other mods and the close-minded online community of players who despise new things ("look, this is new... eh, I don't like this tiny thing, so remove the entire mod please instead of improving it..."), I prefer to simply not even bother with it anymore.

A final release is coming, then that's it, it's my "good bye" release.
Thanks anyone who actually gave support so far though, and actually tried it and gave feedback in how things could get improved, those will be reflected in the final release.

Crsk
12-19-2012, 10:40 AM
... close-minded online community of players who despise new things ("look, this is new... eh, I don't like this tiny thing, so remove the entire mod please instead of improving it..."), I prefer to simply not even bother with it anymore.

That's right but please just ignore them, i think you gonna see people like that in UT, UT3, Mario Bros community or wherever in the world and you can try change their minds, fight with them, let them affect you, obey them or whereas they are close-minded, you can opt for ignore them.

personally i don't like MH and DM, here my razons about why i'm not an active player in servers with your mod. for me, the problem is not the mod, the problem is the mod in where your mod is located. I would love to see your work into other mods, for example the Cybots into siege replacing protectors, maybe the Graviton into Rx for grab the aeroplanes, so on... and also into your "independent" mod (away of MH, your own siege for example). i hope some day listen about Feralidragon creating a new siege for UT, maybe taking some help this time.

Feralidragon
12-19-2012, 02:29 PM
That's right but please just ignore them, i think you gonna see people like that in UT, UT3, Mario Bros community or wherever in the world and you can try change their minds, fight with them, let them affect you, obey them or whereas they are close-minded, you can opt for ignore them.
Not true.

Food for thought:
Doom (the very first one, yeah, the one which is more pixelated than UT in the lowest settings) has still a community that still values modding, and they value it so much that one of their mods got in the top100 in the MOTY.
There were tons of UT mods to vote for too: SDK, EXU, SLV, etc, none of them got there...

I play Blacklight, a F2P FPS, the community there complains even more than the UT one, they're far worse in that field. However, they are constantly waiting for new content, even when it's several Gb in size, it's astonishing, they're not afraid of the "new", they embrace it, they give feedback, they actually give it a serious try.
They're not close minded at all, they're just immature at many levels, but at least try new things when they have the option to.

Look at UT2k4 and its Ballistic Weapons, they're played and I grant you they're many Mb in filesize and they're very creative on them, the reception is still great even though UT2k4 is probably less played than UT.

And those are just a few of the many examples around.

It's shocking seeing a community so close minded that even about fixes they complain and want bugs back on some occasions.
A new Siege you say? For what, to work my ass off for another 6 months or more to then hear what Higor hears every single day? No thanks.
I did have plans for a new Siege (vehicles, mining, silos, airstrikes, creatures, better visuals, lightweight server code, better performance in the client, better ZP, etc), but then again, why would I make one knowing what was waiting for me in the end, like being punished for trying to improve the game?

UDK is the only way to go for me right now.

Crsk
12-19-2012, 07:01 PM
if I were to have three magic beans, would ask the giant for keep Feralidragon close to UT... ok, maybe i'm being selfish, you need a place away from close-minded people.

Thanks for great mods and fixes everywhere Feralidragon, i hope you find your place.

and please don't go "at all"

SAM
12-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Even if you go, I hope you stick around and lurk!

Feralidragon
12-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Even if you go, I hope you stick around and lurk!
I will do so, for now the only thing I will leave is any sort of development for the game, but I will still be in the community though and play the game sometimes. :)

Feralidragon
04-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Just dropping a small update on this (screenshots below).
I already finished a whole new gore system, and I am now finishing the final documentation which will cover all the info to configure the mod, and also for potential developers to know how certain things were done or/and potentially reuse them for something else in their own stuff.

After it, I am going to make a new weapon:
- The Overloader: what I think to be an original concept (at least I didn't see it anywhere):
sacrificing a weapon to access their ressurection/overloaded form, for example:
the sacrifice of the FlameTracker is supposed to summon a brief highly destructive volcanic eruption or something similar.
Having that said, you can imagine what kind of "overloaded/ressurected" forms will occur for other weapons (including nukes).
(in short, this is going to be the "magic" weapon of the pack and it's obviouslly categorized as a "super weapon" like the Redeemer)

Then after that I will be able to finally release the final version of this mod (with fixes and new content).

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zukvb9XjNnY/URf_ptU8k8I/AAAAAAAAA3k/H7EOWn0w-OM/s680/nw_gore_new_04.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-rq3KdYi69t0/URf_p8kmidI/AAAAAAAAA3w/6owHeURb2CU/s680/nw_gore_new_05.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4Y4QsOj7I0g/UWmINdjRNeI/AAAAAAAAA-I/7Lc81yjEGSI/s1024/skelgibs_1.png

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-re8_Z80NLSQ/UWmIObJL6CI/AAAAAAAAA-I/ptgTbNxIh3Y/s1024/skelgibs_2.png

OuTlaW
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Awesome!
Good job there :)

Feralidragon
05-05-2013, 07:35 PM
The Oversurrector first look:
- The Oversurrector is (what I believe) to be an original concept which consists in sacrificing one of your weapons to unlock its "hidden" power, and thus is classified as a super weapon (just like the Redeemer).
This is supposed to be the "magic" weapon of the whole pack.
The effects coloring depends solely on the weapon being sacrificed (so FlameTracker would be mainly red/orange, the BoltRifle one would have a cyan theme, etc, any individual RGB coloring of the effects is possible).
This is a first look on the weapon selection and firing sequence, and in this case I set what *may* be the UltimaProtos weapon sacrifice color scheme.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m5vrWzZKWfo/UYYj4uGyz7I/AAAAAAAABLE/utL2bOwQPBw/s384/OversurrectFL01.png https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-XRR8xhHQ-0I/UYYj5A3JiWI/AAAAAAAABLM/e6bkyavj2ZM/w512/OversurrectFL02.PNG

Feralidragon
08-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Oversurrections first look:

Although I already explained what The Oversurrector does somewhat, truth is that I didn't show anything so far. Therefore, since I got a bit of time in my hands I could finally input some work into this and 4 oversurrections are already done.
Reiterating a bit: The Oversurrector is a new weapon that works by sacrificing other weapons. Each sacrificed weapon has a distinct effect (both when firing and on hit), but each one of these effects is guaranteed to bring extreme prejudice to your opponents. All oversurrections are configurable (how much time is active, damage, etc) and can be toggled (enable or disable each weapon oversurrection separately).
I bring some screenshots to show exactly the concept I am trying to develop, but I will probably do a video soon after I make some more "oversurrections" to show these better and how they behave.

R.T. oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting a giant saucer, teleported from elsewhere, which then teleports in 8 flying rotating blades.
Each one of these blades travel freely and go for the opponents heads, and are constantly teleporting to other places:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UqvDiwXuLbA/Ugrnjy4eSaI/AAAAAAAABSQ/_8YgYQBnfAE/w680-h384-no/RTOversFX.png
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-L0Y3aNiiLPA/UgrnjxPt8fI/AAAAAAAABSM/mb1QZCEsf4M/w748-h250-no/RTLook.png

The Executioner oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting the Executioner "himself": a giant skeleton torso on the ground, screaming and wielding 2 deadly scythes, and will kill any opponents on sight and reach:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t3LmhecrYQg/Ugrn3YOna5I/AAAAAAAABTc/nBCHOpj0SJ0/w680-h384-no/TheExecOversFX.png
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VIe2aAyY2o8/Ugrnll-_mpI/AAAAAAAABSg/mQgm8ytfYbw/w2048/TheExecLook.png

W.R.E. oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in casting the Enforcer "itself": a flying robot wielding dual miniguns, and will shoot down any opponent on sight.
It uses ionization technology to fly, while it uses the an higher caliber of the same kind of bullets as the W.R.E. to shoot.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-j_1whh1Ihzs/Ugrnsij92vI/AAAAAAAABS8/jv5s-QE6fvQ/w680-h384-no/WREOversFX.png
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zvTf5_RaVRE/UgrnskxF1KI/AAAAAAAABS4/VycbWrgWEyc/w323-h274-no/WRELook.png

Flame Tracker oversurrection: This oversurrection consists in creating a "small" volcanic eruption, filling a great area with lava and reduce the opponents to nothing but burnt skeletons:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RRTP55q1p7g/Ugrnt4A9iZI/AAAAAAAABTE/TzrENFjpazE/w680-h384-no/FlameTOversFX.png
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xRHohAVEgqg/UgrnudsNcOI/AAAAAAAABTM/L70fGcLcwgw/w2048/FlameTLook.png

Chamberly
08-14-2013, 08:37 AM
What I can say is... HOLY SHIT! Love the symbols! But the skeleton from the ground is scary enough!!! LOL

|uK|kenneth
08-14-2013, 11:38 AM
DA FUQ you are amazing!

i_remember_my
08-14-2013, 01:29 PM
i like nali weapons 3
I had talked about this in a discharge of unrealkillers page. I downloaded it and I've tried making appropriate changes and way too pleased.
had said if you can place some of these weapons in siege - one night stand - I fasinan nuclear weapons but saw that nuke weapons Level 5, 4, 3, Ultima Protos, Ionizer and Megaton, completely destroy the core. I would say that would be better in siege nuke weapons level 2, 1 and 0.

'Zac
08-14-2013, 02:35 PM
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/dude_zps51dfbf7f.jpg (http://s1169.photobucket.com/user/TheZac12/media/dude_zps51dfbf7f.jpg.html)

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
08-14-2013, 07:13 PM
can't wait for the official second release.

amazing job as always

Feralidragon
08-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Thanks all.
The symbols are real ones from a certain language (I can't remember which one anymore, but they looked nice for this so I decided to use them).

had said if you can place some of these weapons in siege - one night stand - I fasinan nuclear weapons but saw that nuke weapons Level 5, 4, 3, Ultima Protos, Ionizer and Megaton, completely destroy the core. I would say that would be better in siege nuke weapons level 2, 1 and 0.
Well, the bigger nukes can be toned down to not kill all the buildings at once, they can have the same power of a regular nuke, it just takes a small .ini tweak (or in the menus themselves).
But, yeah, still they're too big for a Siege game imo, and I can already hear the bitching, despite the fact that Siege has become a "run for nukes" kind of gametype again after several months being more tactical than that.

OuTlaW
08-15-2013, 07:24 AM
It's a good idea to add those kind of weapons to siege, I've tried it, but it has a problem, the weapons are too powerful on builds and core

Maybe adding the Freezer as a mid spawn will be a good idea, still you need to edit the script of the weapon to make it freezes the builds

|uK|kenneth
08-15-2013, 07:28 AM
It's a good idea to add those kind of weapons to siege, I've tried it, but it has a problem, the weapons are too powerful on builds and core

Maybe adding the Freezer as a mid spawn will be a good idea, still you need to edit the script of the weapon to make it freezes the builds

i suggest the skelet:p

SAM
08-15-2013, 10:57 AM
That's what I'm talking about. Those visuals man!!!! If only some of this was in siege too :mushroom:

Banny
08-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I still remember higor's reply to this.
Too much megabytes lol

Chamberly
08-15-2013, 11:49 PM
I still remember higor's reply to this.
Too much megabytes lol

Rofl! & I like outlaw idea... freeze a certain build... like superprotector. omg this is insane.

OuTlaW
08-16-2013, 01:50 AM
i suggest the skelet:p

Imagine placing it on the door at simplex xDD

Feralidragon
08-16-2013, 06:40 AM
That's what I'm talking about. Those visuals man!!!! If only some of this was in siege too :mushroom:
Back then (last year) I was planning to do some stuff like these for Siege as buildable stuff. The skeleton was one of the planned things, but it would be a bit different (it would be a complete one, emerging from the ground like that volcano, controlled by the player, and at one point it could drop into a crawl position, open its mouth and a cannon would come out of it, and it would use the players "souls" and blood as its energy source (so the more players around it, the more powerful it would be, at the cost of their own health)).

Some of these oversurrections were things I had originally planned for Siege (I am doing a lightning storm right now for example, which would be a storm caster back then), but in last analysis, players already bitched about stuff like EMP and other stuff which was used tactically and promoted team play (so much they're no longer there), so perhaps is better to keep Siege as it is.

But once I release the final version, Higor or anyone else can rip stuff out from the mod and implement things on Siege, even if outside their original context. :)

i_remember_my
08-16-2013, 04:14 PM
hopefully, add the effects of nuclear weapons nali. I love when he says: remember to launched a nuclear missile Level 1, 2, etc.. scares everyone saying to stay away from the blast area. :D but good is going to be a very short feeling as to launch the missile 'll be very close to the core :-p​​. but that tool would be good to know who have good experience with missile launches :-p

'Zac
08-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Heres an idea, just replace all the reg weapons with nali weapons. nw enforcer, nw sniperrifle, rocket launcher and trans etc. Have all the nuke levels buildable but RU price gets higher as the level goes. It's just like the nali weapons 2 mutator for CTF a little bit.

nOs*Wildcard
08-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Ugh it Irritate me that players are quick to blow off Nali Weapons 3 because the nukes are too powerful. That's the beauty of Nali Weapons 3 is that it's fully customizable to suite just about any game type! I've went thru and modified all the different setting to make it suitable for my server and it works great! I can't wait for the final release of Nali Weapons not because of that really interesting new super weapon and fixes but because I'm expecting even more new setting to be able to tweak. I love how this mod can be tweaked in great detail and look forward to having access to more power to customize. I've looked thru and tweaked so many of Nali Weapons 3 settings that I've been left with this "I really wish I could adjust this" or "I wish this had a setting" for example I wanted to be able to adjust the jump boot height. I also wish there were settings in Nali Weapons 3 like how much a regular health pickup would heal you to. We play Gauntlet with Nali Weapons 3 and it's all out ludicrous with the setting and I have the max health to be 9001 which you can obtain with tons of health vials and kegs of health or a health modifier and then we have those health packs that only do us any good if we are under 100 health -_- lol. Sorry! I never want to be one of "those people" who are bitching I Love Nali Weapons 3 and all the hard work you have put into it. I hope to see more configurable settings (not asking for a dreaded UWindow interface I'm content with admin set <var> <value> and .ini's :)

Scarface, You have access to pretty much limitless server resources right? Why not just setup a Nali Weapons 3 siege server and let the players who are not afraid of the MB's discover the full unleaded awesomeness that is Nali Weapons 3.

If you want to see Nali Weapons 3 in action you can try this server: 68.232.174.208
I set it up for SiegeXtreme Monster Madness too.

Shotman
08-16-2013, 06:41 PM
If this gets put on siege, then test it, i mean really test it. Don't just put on the public server and see how it works. Look at what is happening to the league at the moment, they have been complaining about bind issues, weapon order, ect. The only thing that public server really needs is a good balancer instead of new weapons. If newnet helped ig to get rid of zp bugs them i don't how it is not possible to create a balancer.

'Zac
08-16-2013, 11:14 PM
The only thing that public server really needs is a good balancer instead of new weapons. If newnet helped ig to get rid of zp bugs them i don't how it is not possible to create a balancer.
People keep changing names and new players keep coming in. So when you change your name to something new you start with 0 cookies and so youll be put with the best players. So during leagues like this when tags come up, everyone that joins is recognized as a noob with 0 cookies unless u play a lot and get to where you were. Only if there was some way to recognize the IP...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-16-2013, 11:24 PM
People keep changing names and new players keep coming in. So when you change your name to something new you start with 0 cookies and so youll be put with the best players. So during leagues like this when tags come up, everyone that joins is recognized as a noob with 0 cookies unless u play a lot and get to where you were. Only if there was some way to recognize the IP...

50 cookies by default

OuTlaW
08-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Make a separated Siege version which includes Nali Weapons 3 and put it up to test
Gonna be epic siege

noob.saiB0T
08-17-2013, 01:48 AM
this is fucking awesome

Feralidragon
08-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Well, the weapons have been rather extensively tested under different servers by several people. There are just a few bugs which I already addressed in the final version, and some of them are the crashing type (self-client-crash, the server is safe), so it's probably best to wait for the final version to do anything at all.

Bolt Rifle Oversurrection:
It casts a lightning storm for about 30 seconds (configurable). The lightnings may or may not hit the opponents directly, but if they land nearby they may still kill.
I have to say that the screenshots do not reveal that much of what is really going on in-game (effects-wise, as the electrical activity is a lot more intense than what's portrayed here and aren't meant to be seen as still images). Soon I will make a preview video on this and the other oversurrections.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4wIXY22va_0/UhDt9suXNYI/AAAAAAAABVE/El2hWbSgW1Y/w680-h384-no/BoltOversFX.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-PPa3kOl0a4M/UhDt91aOhWI/AAAAAAAABVI/-lmMTRKWpM4/w680/BoltLook.png

Shotman
08-18-2013, 01:54 PM
if siege goes to newnet, will the these weapons have an effect on them? I am just wondering since many want newnet in siege for the foreign players

Feralidragon
08-19-2013, 07:45 AM
The only problem with NewNet and NW3, is that NewNet relies in UTPure, and an outdated version to boot (afaik). And UTPure breaks a few things in NW3 (mainly visuals though): like the crosshairs and the shake effects (among other few things from what I heard).
So unless Tim works out UTPure first a bit to at least add the ability to whitelist packages and then compile NewNet on top of it (something I personally think he should do, but this is just me...), many custom mods (including NW3) won't work right ever, unless NW3 gets the custom crosshairs and shakes disabled from the server (something that is going to be possible in the final version though).

However, NW3 uses its own ZP system, and NewNet shouldn't influence it at all by itself, or rather, it may influence only slightly and perhaps positively in the positions and movements of players (which NewNet seems to "correct" to an extent afaik).

|uK|MeNTaL^
08-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Love the weapon's dude, thanx for the time spent on them.. makes MH a hell of a game.

Feralidragon
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Well, I decided to start doing some streaming and some small videos at twitchtv, here: Feralidragon (http://www.twitch.tv/feralidragon)

Some of which will be about NW3 (and perhaps other UT stuff), others will be about other stuff or just plain gameplay in other games and such, and some of which will eventually be exported to youtube as well, as in the case of the following video, which is a very short video on the Executioner oversurrection (the big skeleton one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcHwGlOYz34

More videos like these will follow relative the other oversurrections, and perhaps other related stuff (who knows). So instead of making big boring videos in the interval of dozens of months, I am thinking to do short, some of which live streamed, on the progress of the final version of this mod.

|uK|kenneth
08-29-2013, 11:17 AM
ROFL

imagine this to activate when there's an incomming nuker AJAJAJAJJA

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
08-29-2013, 11:41 AM
o.0 wow.

Feralidragon
08-29-2013, 08:07 PM
As promised (it seems I can only post 1 video per post though... oh well... I hope you guys do not mind the multiple posts then):

R.T. oversurrection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0UziW-9BXk

Feralidragon
08-29-2013, 08:07 PM
W.R.E. oversurrection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awH8RV2OkF4

Feralidragon
08-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Flame Tracker oversurrection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d33hB0b9sXo

Feralidragon
08-29-2013, 08:09 PM
(check the previous page, there are more videos there, since I could only post 1 per post)

Bolt Rifle oversurrection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwlb0tK9JFA

Feralidragon
08-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Graviton oversurrection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DeHLtZn4I

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-30-2013, 11:58 AM
looks awesome

Feralidragon
09-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Here's a small preview on the Freezer oversurrection:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--LQHd54BVU8/UkDytwN7HsI/AAAAAAAABYo/_4qK2T1BHqw/w768/FreezOversLook01.png
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6963bCo03F4/UkDyt0h_kII/AAAAAAAABYk/qdY4R9PMDxk/w768/FreezOversLook02.png

SAM
09-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Higor

Can we get some of these cool visuals in siege?!

|uK|kenneth
09-27-2013, 02:18 PM
lol sam you should ask yourself do you want the server to crash 143x everyday:p

Feralidragon
09-28-2013, 10:02 AM
lol sam you should ask yourself do you want the server to crash 143x everyday:p
I am not really sure what the pun is or what do you mean, but I am yet to hear or see the server itself crash due to these or from any mod due to *client* visuals alone.
In fact, the admins that actually tried these in the server admitted that it ran a lot smoother than they thought. These only push a bit in the client, but when it comes to the server itsef it's very light, I would dare to say far lighter than most server mods around.
In the current released version there are a few bugs that lead to crashes (which were all fixed in the final one btw), but they are client crashes and thus they do not compromise the server in any way, they just provide a not so good experience to the player when they happen, and even then the bugs themselves are hard to reproduce and need very specific situations which most maps do not provide.

If Higor ports or reproduces some of the visuals seen in here in Siege (and I don't mean the mod itself), they won't crash the server, at max they may just make your computer slower if too many of them are seen at the same time, and even that can be managed with ease (which is what I do in my mod, I reduce the quality automatically, that's why most do not complain about fps loss).

'Zac
09-28-2013, 10:38 AM
at max they may just make your computer slower if too many of them are seen at the same time, and even that can be managed with ease (which is what I do in my mod, I reduce the quality automatically, that's why most do not complain about fps loss).
Will/ is there a client settings for multiplayer? with the NW3 DM server at UM i wanted to take off the custom crosshair ( i have it off in my settings with NW3 ) but Hitman said he just noticed that and said it was to his power to take it on or off to all players. is this changeable in any way?

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
09-28-2013, 08:00 PM
when the updated NW3 is released the crosshair will be configurable client side as far as I know, right now the server ini overrides some client side settings, just like the custom crosshair.

if most dont want the custom crosshairs then hitman should change that in the .ini for the server, that is what I have done on my server.

as for this crashing the server...ha, this mod is more bug free than UT itself, only people who have no clue how the UScript works make comments like "it will crash the server". if effects will crash a server in UT99 then why doesn't every other new game crash like fuck? amateur comment.

Feralidragon
09-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Will/ is there a client settings for multiplayer? with the NW3 DM server at UM i wanted to take off the custom crosshair ( i have it off in my settings with NW3 ) but Hitman said he just noticed that and said it was to his power to take it on or off to all players. is this changeable in any way?
There's going to be the possibility for default client settings to be configured and sent from the server.
Basically, I will detect if the client has NW3 installed or not, and in case he doesn't, the server settings will be applied. The same won't be true for clients who already have NW3 downloaded and installed though, since those can access the settings in the menu and it would be highly intrusive in my opinion (although the client may setup the ini as if he didn't have the mod installed of course).
It's still not developed though, as it's one of the last things I will take care of for the final release.

nOs*Wildcard
10-20-2013, 07:49 AM
On track to catching you while I still can before you close shop, I remembered a request I wanted to make.

Can you make a explosive ammo mutator for the Nali Weapons 3 ammo? UT has a built in mutator for explosive ammo and I have loved it dearly it is so much fun! I would love it if you could add explosive ammo to Nali Weapons 3! that would be wonderfully awesome if you could add that :) I understand it's a lot of work but if your up for it I know there are a lot of players that would find that loads of fun to blow up ammo. If you did add it I would be kind of scared what would happen if I shoot at some of the super weapon ammo shooting at a cybot shell and a random damaged rogue cybot jumps out and starts killing everyone or shooting a level 4 nuke ammo and seeing how angry it will become when it tips over and goes off in a violent level 4 explosion shooting a flame tracker ammo and watching a stream of fire come out the top or where ever you shot it and lava coming out of it. Think of how much fun that would be Feralidragon Then think how much work it would be... But then think about shooting the missile ammo and watching the different kinds of missiles shooting off and all the chaos !! then think about how much of a pain it would be to code the ammo to fire in different direction and types then Think about how much fun it would be blowing up some graviton ammo and seeing a powerful vacuum black hole singularity of concentrated gravitons jerk everything into it think about the Freezer ammo going off in a terrifying cryogenic cloud of sub zero death and not to mention the Vulcan ammo going out of control and shooting everything in the room the sniper ammo batteries bursting with flashes of light that damages everything blinds everything in the room momentarily unless it works on electrical technology instead then have it go off like a fiery LiION. Bolt rifle ammo going crazy bursts of lightning arcing off things and plasma balls and a combo explosion at the core. Miner ammo would just explode partially and deploy a few random rogue mines enforcer ammo going off would be interesting! So much possibilities chain reactions! Lot's of fun, however lot's of work I could imagine. :(

What do you think?

Also for an easier change could you make it so Regular health can heal you more than 100? Like my max health is 300 and I pick it up to get 320?

Feralidragon
10-21-2013, 06:24 AM
@Exploding ammo: I will think about it. It wouldn't be as difficult given that I provide server-side functions to statically call the weapons fire functionality (projectiles and trace fire), and just call them once the ammo takes damage. It's the advantage of centralizing pretty much everything and keep it consistent.

@Health: Giving health beyond the max health values is what super health (like vials) do already. You can however build a mod to change the default starting health and default player health and the health pickups will give health up to the current default player value.
I do something like that already in the MH mutator that comes with NW3, where you can configure the starting health (StartingHealth) and max normal health (MaxRegenHealth). You could activate the MH mutator with everything disabled but the health stuff, and that way you get the effect you want.

nOs*Wildcard
10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks I'll have to try the MH mutator! I'm glad I could turn everything off but health I feared that it would interfere with things to some degree I'll experiment with it :)

Feralidragon
11-16-2013, 10:27 PM
5 more done, just 2 oversurrections left to go:

Summary: the Freezer, Vulcan, The Miner, MultiMissile Launcher and I.R.P.R. oversurrections are finished (and can be seen in the videos below [and in the following posts]), leaving only the Cybot Launcher and Ultima Protos ones left to do.
These oversurrections are mainly what "delayed" the final release of pack (and I say "delayed" because, although I didn't set a release timeframe, it went over my own initial expectations once again, as usual...), but once they get to be fully finished, all there's left to do is comparatively minor stuff, such as some further bug fixing, tweaking, minor features and settings, and the update of the documentation with the new stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0JL-xAXPA

Feralidragon
11-16-2013, 10:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqcgBkH3ZK0

Feralidragon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNyvmLegRU

Feralidragon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muC4rBvSrSs

Feralidragon
11-16-2013, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vykLmkYbQbM

'Zac
11-16-2013, 10:51 PM
if this was finished in the early years of UT, i think epic would have added this to some kind of GOTY addition, like the relics and chaos addons were added. nice job feralidragon!

nOs*Wildcard
11-17-2013, 01:26 AM
if this was finished in the early years of UT, i think epic would have added this to some kind of GOTY addition, like the relics and chaos addons were added. nice job feralidragon!

Without a doubt!

OuTlaW
11-17-2013, 09:44 AM
All of your work is just epic ferali, too bad you're making those awesome things for an almost 15 years old game :(

|uK|chiseller
11-17-2013, 02:03 PM
lol, they are all ridiculous in a good way but I'd love to try the miner in bluevember :p

SAM
11-18-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd love to see these visuals in siege some day along with some new items. They are just epic.

Feralidragon
11-19-2013, 09:35 AM

All of your work is just epic ferali, too bad you're making those awesome things for an almost 15 years old game :(
Well, the thing is, newer games either suck, have poor modding support or no support at all, and when it comes to engines, although I was marveled at UDK at first (for example), then I saw how much of a crap it actually turns out to be all things considered (still glitchy, consumes WAY too many resources, and forces you to use certain kinds of proprietary software if you want it to work properly [f*cking Flash!]).
Unity, Source and others have all severe shortcomings: Unity needs payment for certain key features, Source sucks, and others are either too weak, too glitchy, or are projects without much of a future.

On another hand, people are actually getting more interested in gameplay and concept, rather than visuals nowadays (Minecraft is a great example of this, and the mobile industry is pushing this even further with their current limitations yet wide usage), this because the quality of AAA games is quickly stalling (they keep adding more visual features, but in reality, who really gives a damn about them? Most of them do not add anything significant but still eat your GPU out for breakfast), and adding to this they are getting more and more restrictive by eliminating completely even the option to do custom content for them.

Now, when it comes to this mod in specific, this is the last iteration of it, and since it started in this game, it will end in this game, and I hope to end it properly (hence all this content).

As for future stuff, I have actually something quite big to work on under my sleeve, which goes far beyond this mod and any other thing I have made so far. It will be made for this engine (and will be able to run from UT, but in reality it won't be exactly UT anymore). UT is the perfect starting platform for the concept I want to implement: it's simple, it's fast on older machines, it's faster for me to prototype on, and I love this combo:
demo + nodelta patch + updated renderers + updated sound drivers + native expansion + custom content = win! = full free legal non-commercial UEngine 1 new game (well, a combo like this is generally called total conversion instead)

The native side is severally unexplored (and all the native stuff I saw only helps mostly other developers like me to learn things, but are useless on their own as they are right now and thus they are not used at all), but if well explored and complemented with a number of another few things (content, web component, customization, etc), maybe something nice enough may come out of it imho.
In another words: I will go native next, which has endless possibilities, and thus I won't be chained by many of the UEngine1 limitations anymore, either in functionality, gameplay or in visual content :)

Feralidragon
02-14-2014, 09:02 AM
UPDATE: The final version is finished, and is now being tested by an internal small team of beta-testers, and therefore a few days from now up to 1 or 2 weeks it should be released to public. I won't give an exact date since it depends mostly on the beta-team and a few things I have to prepare beforehand along with it.

In the meanwhile I present the last 2 oversurrection videos: UltimaProtos and Cybot Launcher (it's highly suggested to play them in HD).

UltimaProtos Oversurrection: This is the most powerful oversurrection (who knew?...), and is also a "game finisher", which means that whatever gametype you use it in, once it ends the match is instantly won (this can of course be configured in the settings, and thus disabled is so wanted).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zm31YjcBk

Feralidragon
02-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Cybot Launcher Oversurrection: This is the second most powerful oversurrection, but it's not a game finisher. It spawns a "master cybot" which controls a swarm of dozens of smaller cybots. They all have a limited amount of health however, so you can generally beat it with another oversurrection (curious fact: during testing, a bot used the IRPR oversurrection to "clean" most of my cybots swarm, which was interesting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaTuKpavdRM

Before the public final release, I will also release a new version of the standalone gore system that I developed and released half a year ago (mainly with bug fixes and new options).

~~D4RR3N~~
02-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Jesus fuck this is simply amazing....

TimTim
02-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Very cool Feralidragon !!

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-14-2014, 12:14 PM
can't wait :).

Feralidragon
02-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Here it is, the public release of Nali Weapons 3 Final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaZD_rSdo8A

Download: (choose one of them, they're the same in different formats)
ZIP: NW3Final (http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2f4g3j3cf38fxp/NW3Final.zip)
or
UMOD: NW3Final_UMOD (http://www.mediafire.com/download/618w30yyv59fohy/NW3Final_UMOD.zip)

Redirect files (for redirect servers only): NW3FinalRedirect (http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ahqc8as3u0uuim/NW3FinalRedirect.zip)

As the name implies, this is the last release of the series and there won't be another one, as I am moving on to do something else (semi-UT related).
So, have fun :)

|uK|Tomahawk
02-25-2014, 07:18 PM
YES!!!!!! It is done :) well done and Ferail deserves some much needed praise and congrats for making fresh and new content for a near 15 year old game. Free advertising from me Ferail. Keep up the amazing work.

terminator
02-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Making the game looks so epic at some moments.
Salute for amazing special effects. Awesome job!

Trajik
02-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Loving it Feralidragon, Already have an Arena setup. Have 2 questions for ya, check your pm please, thanks!

Trajik
02-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Thank You! Runs extremely smooth.

i_remember_my
03-15-2014, 10:32 PM
OMG IS VERY BEAUTIFUL :-O
Feralidragon the only thing you are missing your own game,
with these effects, would come good on larger maps without lags fucking.

Feralidragon
03-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

Feralidragon the only thing you are missing your own game
With NW3 done with, as well as with any further modding for UT itself, that's actually something I am working on atm, but it will take quite some time to get something finished. if I manage to finish it at all that is lol

i_remember_my
03-20-2014, 08:39 PM
but it will take quite some time to get something finished
if you've accomplished, accomplish more, no doubt, if you have a group of people working or able to help, I think that thing is a breeze to finish something magnificent.

Keukeu
03-22-2014, 06:24 AM
Wow IS VERY BEAUTIFUL...