PDA

View Full Version : RC15 Milestone: Constructor

Higor
11-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Remade from scratch with a completely different structure, is what most of RC15 is about.

Visual GUI
Can be brought up with the mouse, by holding Alt-fire and then hitting Fire, let's us select the constructor functions in a different way and to customize some of our Siege settings without even twaking an ini file or opening the main menu.
And it does not conflict with the old selection method.
The GUI will always match the player's HUD color setting.

Binds
Can use the classic bind method or a specific one: SetBuild.
While the classic one will depend on how categories are arranged, SetBuild will pick a building by it's class name making it a version/server independant bind from now on. (I'll remind you that servers can adjust the categories now)
Examples:
SetBuild SuperMine
SetBuild sgWarhead

Smart building targeting
Now we can repair, upgrade and remove builds inside other builds.
This is done via a prioritization method before the actual function is used, the priority is as described below.
Repair -> Pick buildings on fire or disabled by EMP bombs, otherwise prioritize (50/50) hit distance to player and energy %percentage.
Upgrade -> Prioritization done (50/50) via hit distance to player and level.
Remove -> Prioritization done via proximity to crosshair, so aiming straight to the center of a building lets us ensure that we won't make a mistake.

Sweeping repair
Onhand constructor only, let's us repair a player while holding the fire button and then moving our crosshair on them.

Quick RU transmission
Onhand constructor only, aim at a player and click the upgrade function as quickly as possible for faster RU passing.

Continuous upgrade/repair
Onhand constuctor only, the building will be gradually affected instead of one-shot hits, good for perfectionists and upgrading/repairing multiple buildings stacked in a single location (doesn't do double effect, it's distributed).

Client category switching simulation
High pingers will notice their constructor has no delay when switching between categories and elements, allows faster non-GUI selection.

Things to come:
Orb handling, while already implemented, still needs proper interfaces and gameplay revisions.
New model, the model display is not finished yet.

'Zac
11-03-2012, 08:08 PM
sounds very...future-ist-ic

SilverWing
11-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Is there any increase speed on repairing Core?

If so i recommend that you don't implement it to Core repairing.

Higor
11-03-2012, 08:20 PM
No speed changes, one shot and continuous mode actually operate at the same speeds.
Well... one shot mode does upgrade one whole level the moment you click it.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Is there any increase speed on repairing Core?

If so i recommend that you don't implement it to Core repairing.

NO! lol
repair speed is perfect, it's good when you nuke/nuetron on last seconds for the end. btw if you want rep your core 15%, the team stay with -1 player by something like 2 munutes, this is a sacrifice that the team need do for rep the core... or, if you increase the repair speed, increase the ru cost for rep the core and please, decrease the points earned by repairing core, on pub many noobs only rep core for gain points, even if the other team is getting raped

audiosonic
11-04-2012, 10:17 AM
http://p.twimg.com/A4Tx-5vCUAAfpMt.jpg:large

Read properly he specifically said NOT to increase repair speeds.

P.S.: Did Adrian just post something, and Camilo edited it? DAYUM dat H I G H [ + ] P O W E R ! ! ! on forums too!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-04-2012, 10:36 AM
http://p.twimg.com/A4Tx-5vCUAAfpMt.jpg:large

Read properly he specifically said NOT to increase repair speeds.

so what?

HIGH+CAMILO
11-04-2012, 10:38 AM
P.S.: Did Adrian just post something, and Camilo edited it? DAYUM dat H I G H [ + ] P O W E R ! ! ! on forums too!

I edit his bad english!!

feel me?

|uK|kenneth
11-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I edit his bad english!!

feel me?

lmfao dat admin abuse son.

Moskva
11-04-2012, 12:03 PM

We should hire someone to edit your posts too "son"

HIGH+CAMILO
11-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Im sorry but did Adrian complain about it? Ah ok.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-04-2012, 02:22 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
dont be ridiculous kenneth, i asked for camilo edit my posts when a write some terrible english error...
this is admin abuse? aisheihsuae

Then ban camilo for ever from forum, he edit edited my misspellings!

HIGH+CAMILO
11-04-2012, 02:35 PM
AdRiaN;43441']kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
dont be ridiculous kenneth, i asked for camilo edit my posts when a write some terrible english error...
this is admin abuse? aisheihsuae

Then ban camilo for ever from forum, he edit edited my misspellings!

Google translator FTW!

Higor
11-04-2012, 03:55 PM
============================
Off topic from here on will be deleted.
Thank you for your understanding

Muffin
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
I think repping core shouldn't give you so many points. Then again I'd feel bad for Chimp cause he'd never get top score.

Shotman
11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
CHIMP gets high scores on Niven.

Scourge
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
CHIMP should be thought of as a benchmark for a team. If he is ahead, you are doing it wrong.

Shotman
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
everyone should give a nuke to CHIMP