Siege Ultimate RC15 Comments, Suggestions & Bug reports [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Siege Ultimate RC15 Comments, Suggestions & Bug reports

Pages : [1] 2

Higor
11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Release notes:

Added:

Rewritten constructor.
Customizable categories.
SiegeStats displays build and remove messages.
Client settings file: Siege.INI
Mortar bomb and Biobomb build prevention near Invincible suppliers.

Fixes:

SiegeStats always works.
Super Containers will properly heal ForceFields.
Platforms don't take 2x splash damage now.
Tweaked teleporter build distance to 60, mappers shouldn't make walls thicker than 40 units to make them work.
Nuke Siren sound emits from the siren and loops now.
Nuke Siren messages won't spam the console, much.
Booster sound fixed.
Package size reduced.
Builds that don't need upgrades can't be upgraded now.
Mini-shield leeches can be removed now.

Extra builds for custom categories:

AntiGravity Platform.

Constructor details:

Visual GUI
Can be brought up with the mouse, by holding Alt-fire and then hitting Fire, let's us select the constructor functions in a different way and to customize some of our Siege settings without even twaking an ini file or opening the main menu.
And it does not conflict with the old selection method.
The GUI will always match the player's HUD color setting.

Binds
Can use the classic bind method or a specific one: SetBuild.
While the classic one will depend on how categories are arranged, SetBuild will pick a building by it's class name making it a version/server independant bind from now on. (I'll remind you that servers can adjust the categories now)
Examples:
SetBuild SuperMine
SetBuild sgWarhead

Smart building targeting
Now we can repair, upgrade and remove builds inside other builds.
This is done via a prioritization method before the actual function is used, the priority is as described below.
Repair -> Pick buildings on fire or disabled by EMP bombs, otherwise prioritize (50/50) hit distance to player and energy %percentage.
Upgrade -> Prioritization done (50/50) via hit distance to player and level.
Remove -> Prioritization done via proximity to crosshair, so aiming straight to the center of a building lets us ensure that we won't make a mistake.

Sweeping repair
Onhand constructor only, let's us repair a player while holding the fire button and then moving our crosshair on them.

Quick RU transmission
Onhand constructor only, aim at a player and click the upgrade function as quickly as possible for faster RU passing.

Continuous upgrade/repair
Onhand constuctor only, the building will be gradually affected instead of one-shot hits, good for perfectionists and upgrading/repairing multiple buildings stacked in a single location (doesn't do double effect, it's distributed).

Client category switching simulation
High pingers will notice their constructor has no delay when switching between categories and elements, allows faster non-GUI selection.

|uK|chiseller
11-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Wow, makes me wanna start my UT again. Sounds good.
Good job Higor.

Moskva
11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Client category switching simulation
High pingers will notice their constructor has no delay when switching between categories and elements, allows faster non-GUI selection.

This one helps a lot, especially after a EMP or flame, nice

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-05-2012, 04:17 PM
This one helps a lot, especially after a EMP or flame, nice

yours is frame drop related not ping

SAM
11-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Be careful though. One thing observed during testing was that the constructor would "stick" if you have scrolled through all the categories too quickly. So sometimes you may find you are one click behind or one click in front. lol

Just wait two seconds to ensure before building. Rarely happens but something on the possible to do list.

On the whole Higor, this is excellent work. Well done and thanks!

Higor changed the thread title.

|uK|Chronox
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Sweet !

Very good job there, really nice.

Crsk
11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
as always, Good job Higor !!!

[R]^EnZ|nO!zTeR*
11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
nice men!!! Chupa la pinia xD

.seVered.][
11-05-2012, 09:54 PM
After the third UT Crash with the same NEW error, I figured I should post it. :indecisiveness:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/crash1.jpg:indecisiveness:

.seVered.][
11-06-2012, 12:50 AM
There may be a problem with the "Team Removing" warning messages getting posted in the logs. Today Muffin removed a container (1 CONTAINER) and there was no entry posted to my log. The F3 log had scrolled past the entry so I could not verify it there either. However, consequently in the very next map, Muffin again removed another container, and no log entry was posted there either, but it did post to the StatsLog(F3).

Update:
Confirmed, The remove messages are not posting to the admin/mod logs if they are on the other team (or possibly spectators).

Client1-.seVered.][²º¹³ built 3 containers and removed them on same team as Client 2-.seVered.][².

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/remove1.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/remove2.jpg

Switched Client1-.seVered.][²º¹³ to the Red team and removed the containers with Client 2-.seVered.][².
Log from Client1-.seVered.][²º¹³

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/remove3.jpg

.seVered.][
11-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Is the GUI currently disabled on the Siege Public server? When I try to open the GUI, nothing is displayed and my mouse won't LookView anymore (Locks up) until I press alt-fire then it shows the Constructor menu and moves normally.

Banny
11-06-2012, 04:32 AM
I am experiencing too much lag in this version. whenever i switch over to constructor it lags like shit. Higor please look over this

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-06-2012, 07:45 AM
new repair system is good, but not for upgrade ¬¬
itens like boots, invis etc dont have diference between lv3 or lv3.9...
but is almost impossible up exactly to the level that you want, i really dont see any problem on old upgrad system

the trans/nuke binds (getweapon sgTranslocator/getweapon sgNukelauncher) are not working here

--- Updated ---

Invis + belt bug fixed? this is most important bug!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-06-2012, 08:01 AM
OMFG! upgrade and repair the players is the old system? rep 40 by 40, up 100 bye 100...
and think the repair speed is bigger, it's bad, TOOOO BAD! this new rep speed you really fuck the siege...

why you decrease the repair speed? mainly for the core!
and make this new upgrade system only for players, and the rep for players and itens (with lower speed for itens)

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-06-2012, 08:04 AM
with the changed upgrade system it is hard to build mines for example and up them if there is incoming nuker, everyone is shock spamming and by the time you get the mine upped the nuke has already gone off.

possible bug with sp's as well, i built a tele and it was destroyed by a single SP before it was half built yet someone else built tele in exact same spot a few seconds later and theirs wasnt destroyed, this happened twice.

also not liking the constructor being on the left, also no need for caps on the description.

apart from that, good job Higor.

SAM
11-06-2012, 09:21 AM
I spoke to higor about the constrictor being on the left side already.

All the other points such as speed etc are valid points and might be best to revert (at least speed of repair) to what it was.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
how do i use the old constructor? i saw some players using this one

Higor
11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Use a bind to upgrade or simply jump when you do so, it will do a one-shot action.

UcHiHa
11-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I have a lot of troubles with this new transbuilder. Mines are difficult to build, it get stuck in upgrade-repairing with binds. Sometimes i select Items,Boots and it builds a hypper lecher. If i switch to fast, binds and transbuilder stay locked for like 5 seconds. Like an opinion i prefer old system but with the repair/upgrade with the crosshair option.

Muffin
11-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I tried to make a super protector and it made a hyper leecher. I thought that was me just not paying attention though.

Crsk
11-06-2012, 10:04 PM
when I'm out of bullets with any weapon, the constructor appears and I run the risk of build something (because I'm still clicking), anything, depends of my RU (I play with the weapon hidden)
set priority to the piston for this case please

Shotman
11-06-2012, 11:58 PM
or to the best/next weapon.

Higor
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Gonna have to give the client constructor full control of the category then instead of simulating, that should fix it.
And will remove continuous mode for upgrade.

Scourge
11-07-2012, 01:32 AM
I went to build a warhead and got a translocator. Me no likey constructor on the left, I use that hand to masturbate (might explain why hand is also bigger).

Also, I feel like CHIMP is in my constructor with all the caps and weird misbuilds.

Shotman
11-07-2012, 02:41 AM
can't you set it like the weapons. Where you decide what hand the weapon is gonna be left or right?

A^3
11-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Nice work higor but I don't think the constructor should have been messed with. I dont see anyone changing and using that menu constructor. Honesty a better team balancer is all that was missing with Siege. Half of uk is stuck on league of faggots and the other is stuck on posting on forum.

SAM
11-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah the league of legends server needs to crash. Either that or we should open a lol section and these noobs should start recruiting. Otherwise we should focus on UT.

Scourge
11-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Seems the constructor is having some trouble engaging properly. When I set mode/buildit with my bind, it may not carry out the repair or upgrade I request, even if I pull the constructor out and fire. I often have to setmode a second time with the constructor out and fire again for the mode to work properly.

It also seems as though continuous upgrade is slightly slower than regular upgrade as far as buildings are concerned. In a way this makes sense so as to provide precision in upgrading, but for some buildings where you just want the max upgrades as quickly as possible, this isn't necessarily a good thing.

On a positive note, I really like the fast continuous repair option for the Core.

Banny
11-07-2012, 03:53 AM
I have a lot of troubles with this new transbuilder. Mines are difficult to build, it get stuck in upgrade-repairing with binds. Sometimes i select Items,Boots and it builds a hypper lecher. If i switch to fast, binds and transbuilder stay locked for like 5 seconds. Like an opinion i prefer old system but with the repair/upgrade with the crosshair option.

Indeed i tryed to make a shieldbelt and it made hyperleecher.

SAM
11-07-2012, 04:14 AM
The faster repair is a bad idea in my opinion.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-07-2012, 07:42 AM
i want the old constructor back =(
this new system is only good for up/rep players

Higor
11-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Since when repair is faster?, overall speed is the same...
This weekend I'll apply the constructor category and hand fix on 15a, okay?
Any other small bug or problem that shouln't stay?

|uK|Melted_Ice
11-07-2012, 12:31 PM
UMMM JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION:

Higor i appreciate all that you are doing to keep siege interesting but please leave shit alone

SAM
11-07-2012, 12:32 PM
See if you can fix the constructor sticking. Btw. I warned you about thar moanings :p

|uK|Melted_Ice
11-07-2012, 12:35 PM
lol SAM I LOVE YOU

|uK|kenneth
11-07-2012, 12:45 PM
gotta agree with melted sometimes its better to leave it as it was right now its even more retarded with the new constructor.

|uK|Dem`
11-07-2012, 12:48 PM
bullshit, i was playing yesterday and everything seemed good, but when i tried to repair, my bind didnt work, then i had to do it manually, and also when i was about to nuke i selected the option to make a trans, and it made a fucking speed or something else that i dont wanted, and i rarely built wrong.

And to be honest nobody needs to upgrade the stuff with decimals, u should fix that, but everything else is ok.

Spiderman
11-07-2012, 01:47 PM
The truth is that I hate this new constructor, pls do something to get old one back , new one stuck in between even binds not working :/ and wtf is this decimal upgrade system :(
U made things good dude , but problem is with constructor and do something regarding key binds, not getting for new one.

SAM
11-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Guys be easy on Higor he is trying to make things better! But yes, I was dubious about this and said to Higor that he needs to get it right as the constructor is one of the main parts of the game.

Hopefully Higor can take these as constructive criticisms and resolve the issue.

|uK|Melted_Ice
11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes i am not trying to be an asshole. I for one cannot code for shit so props for ya there Higor.

But somethings should just not be changed

Higor
11-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Talking about the fixed release from now on.
====================
Category cycling is no longer simulated, but controlled by the client now.
It's like typing a bindable command everytime you click.

.seVered.][
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes i am not trying to be an asshole. I for one cannot code for shit so props for ya there Higor.
But somethings should just not be changed

Well, I AM TRYING to be an asshole, but I not very good at it. I seem to be having NO troubles with the new updates... so good work Higor.

:)

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-07-2012, 09:40 PM
please, just put the old constructor back...

there are other bug, the bind: SetMode 9 2| BuildIt (RC bind + build it)
sometimes dont works here, it only switch the item on constructor for RC, but dont make it... this bug dont happens all times that i use this bind, but it really disrupts much

Crsk
11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Severed that was your asshole trying? you suck as asshole xD keep trying

I like the new UP/REP system "two options, if you want to use the old system just use your keybind" but I am waiting for RC15b, what happend with my sgtranslocator keybind? I miss him, now I'm a retard flamer ):

to get to the top you have to fall btw some people loves the floor, both are stable, the problem are in the middle of them

Adrian try this: GetWeapon sgconstructor|Setmode 9 2

Spiderman
11-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Please, don't change anything with constructor,Other improvements are good, just leave constructor as old one.

Higor
11-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Did i mention there's a bind named SELECTMODE?
It works like SetMode, but also switches to the constructor...

Shotman
11-08-2012, 01:00 AM
i say forget the constructor and focus on teambalancer.

A^3
11-08-2012, 01:08 AM
i say forget the constructor and focus on teambalancer.

HeatWave gets it. I was on uK earlier an had 3 straight uneven games. I left to Rocket X after that gameplay.

Scourge
11-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Higor We love you and appreciate your hard work <3 Keep dat Siege sharp

Banny
11-08-2012, 04:41 AM
Guys please stop raging on higor. He's the only nerd ( no offence ) working day & night to get things better for us. yes the bugs with the new constructor is damn annoying. Binds doesn't work properly. I try to repair and upgrade through binds but sometimes it doesn't seem to work. He's all alone.. let him get a conclusion and he'll surely won't disappoint us in RC15a.

HIGH+CAMILO
11-08-2012, 05:01 AM
I went to build a belt got a SCUBA!

I went to build a mortar bomb got a SCUBA!!

Its was great 2 scubas killing conts!

SAM
11-08-2012, 06:37 AM
LOL TROLLED

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Severed that was your asshole trying? you suck as asshole xD keep trying

I like the new UP/REP system "two options, if you want to use the old system just use your keybind" but I am waiting for RC15b, what happend with my sgtranslocator keybind? I miss him, now I'm a retard flamer ):

to get to the top you have to fall btw some people loves the floor, both are stable, the problem are in the middle of them

Adrian try this: GetWeapon sgconstructor|Setmode 9 2

the deafault trans and nuke bind really dont work, now you need put the siege version on bind:
getweapon siegeultimaterc15.sgTranslocator
getweapon siegeultimaterc15.sgNukelauncher

and about the RC bind i dont like change for constructor for make RCs, Ripper + RC FTW!!!
haishiuhaei

i gonna try use

SetMode 9 2| BuildIt | OnRelease BuildIt

(it's a set RC and Build it 2 times bind)

Higor
11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Constructor doesn't lock on binds any more (i believe), and the right hand works now.

The bind thing is weird, it has always worked on my end, but I can add a specific command like GetNuke to make the nuke come up... dunno give me ideas this one's gonna come out quick too.

Higor
11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Added DENIED sound to fired nuke takedown, can be disabled via server INI.

Higor
11-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Teamkilling by push message and penalties implemented.

Scourge

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Higor, the constructor have more bugs than i thought

many times, too many times i click for make a item, but appears another item... today i made nuke and got trans, ss and got speed, shp and got jump boots...

and dont using binds

Higor
11-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Corrected for RC15a
Waiting for SAM for tests.

|uK|kenneth
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
cant wait for the RC30b release....

Higor
11-08-2012, 02:30 PM
cant wait for the RC30b release....

Cool story bro, tell me more.

|uK|kenneth
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
please tell me how is it gonna look like?..

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-08-2012, 04:03 PM
if you had half a brain you would hide the weapons show function

lastly i personally dont agree with the constructor change, the original was fine?

Higor
11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Here, complain some more.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/NukeSiren.jpg

Scourge
11-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Here, complain some more.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/NukeSiren.jpg

Next up, custom nuke siren sound: "I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL! (youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno)"

|uK|kenneth
11-09-2012, 02:09 AM
lastly i personally dont agree with the constructor change, the original was fine?

idd thx.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-09-2012, 05:50 AM
man, put the old constructor back, for fucking sake, everyone are complaining about this constructor, and not only about the bugs, this new one sucks, delay to much for up/rep, sometimes is hard up/rep jumping, and ONE MORE BUG! i have sure the new system uses more RU, i would spent 1400 RU for trans lv5 and boots, uping with the new system (is shit up the little trans jumping) i need use 1440... one more frag for make the stuff for nuke ¬¬

if i make a pool, asking, what constructor is better, the old or the new one? somebody have doubts about the outcome?

SAM
11-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Higor already posted this was fixed. You should post bugs you have found

~V~
11-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Been trying to get this to work as practice session but keep getting an error:

Login failed: Could not find team for player
appError called:
Could not find team for player

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Higor already posted this was fixed. You should post bugs you have found

ok, other one, the constructor sometimes auto change the function/category/item that you selected

i have bind for set to upgrade (set mode 0 0)... yesterday i made a cont, on simplex and i went to sup, i pressed the set to upgrade bind and 1 click on right mouse for repair, and when i clicked the constructor auto changed for remove... thankfully was not me who made the sup haishei

Higor
11-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Spectators are no longer bAlwaysRelevant.
That should help reduce some replication based CPU load and network traffic when they're floating around, also stops cheaters from knowing if they're being watched.

|uK|chiseller
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
After playing a map:

+ f3
+ faster constructor
+ sweeping repair
+ nuke siren

- upgrade system (0.1, 0.2, 0.3, ..)
- bugged constructor (builds stuff that I didn't select)

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
please Higor, fix the belt + invis bug for next edition

|uK|Rays
11-09-2012, 07:09 PM
is the armor stacking (ie getting rubber/metal and building sheild belt to stack your armor to fuck) on purpose? Ridiculous addition if so, please think that one over.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-09-2012, 07:52 PM
yeah please do what rays said also, I didnt seem to have any problems with the constructor last night other then the progressive upgrade which I thought was really gay and not really controllable as to how much you upgrade because it just increases in speed the longer you hold down fire, the old style I personally preferred. the binds and the "buggy build" problems I didnt come across.... seems like good work ( apart from the progressive upgrade ) :P

SilverWing
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
yeah please do what rays said also, I didnt seem to have any problems with the constructor last night other then the progressive upgrade which I thought was really gay and not really controllable as to how much you upgrade because it just increases in speed the longer you hold down fire, the old style I personally preferred. the binds and the "buggy build" problems I didnt come across.... seems like good work ( apart from the progressive upgrade ) :P

I hope everyone knows that if you jump and then upgrade it does it by levels....

Higor
11-09-2012, 08:39 PM
There's ppl that wants armor stacking and ppl that doesn't want armor stacking.
Therefore, I'll cut it between both.

A suit has 75 armor, so I'll make it lose 38 when you grab a Shield Belt.
Therefore, if you attempt to shield yourself twice, the suit is lost.

SAM
11-09-2012, 08:48 PM
The shieldbelt and suit stacking was taken out before because it was deemed overpowered....

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-10-2012, 07:55 AM
another constructor problem!

when you repair nothing, the constructor dont issues that 'fail sound'... everyone used that sound for draw the attention of nearby, asking for repair, it's impossible now

~~D4RR3N~~
11-10-2012, 08:17 AM

~~D4RR3N~~
11-10-2012, 08:19 AM
There's ppl that wants armor stacking and ppl that doesn't want armor stacking.
Therefore, I'll cut it between both.

A suit has 75 armor, so I'll make it lose 38 when you grab a Shield Belt.
Therefore, if you attempt to shield yourself twice, the suit is lost.
Nice, I've seen lately A LOT of people with shield and metal... so annoying (and more for me, 'cause I'm aiming horribly these days -.-)

|uK|fleecey
11-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Higor, you're doing a great job changing things on the server and fixing siege up little better but when you put it on the server and most people don't like it, you should change it back. It was a good test to see how things works and how people react but listen to the people. Don't take it personal with all the complains, we just sharing our thoughts about your work, what we like and dislike. There is some things that are great, that you have done for siege, but then again, some things we dont like. We can't all just lie and say we like it, we have to be honest about it.

Make a poll about this things, if we want it on the server or not, and see how many people will vote about it.
Listen to the people at least!

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-10-2012, 09:14 AM
the usual constructor noises such as someone scrolling through the menu or trying to build something but not having enough ru and it making that error noise should still be there, its part of the game, people who cant hear these things are obviously not aware enough in the game itself, I would say to reactivate these sounds in the next release.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Higor, you're doing a great job changing things on the server and fixing siege up little better but when you put it on the server and most people don't like it, you should change it back. It was a good test to see how things works and how people react but listen to the people. Don't take it personal with all the complains, we just sharing our thoughts about your work, what we like and dislike. There is some things that are great, that you have done for siege, but then again, some things we dont like. We can't all just lie and say we like it, we have to be honest about it.

Make a poll about this things, if we want it on the server or not, and see how many people will vote about it.

Perfect coment! this what fleece said applies to all players =)
tnx

|uK|kenneth
11-10-2012, 10:09 AM

+1

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Higor, i think all binds set + build it some times dont work... just set but dont build
my RC bind sometimes failed and now my Mine bind

SetMode 9 0 | BuildIt | onRelease setmode 0 0 | getweapon siegeultimaterc15.sgconstructor
SetMode 9 2| BuildIt

Other sugestion is... make bombs not removable, many times that i make RC for kill conts, teles, after the enemy item be destroyed, i remove the bomb and recover many RU. RC with only 250 RU is super overpower lol

Higor
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
If you managed to remove a rocket cannon before it disappears, that speaks really bad for the enemy team.
I'd never allow this to happen if it was my weapon you're standing in front of.

Hey, I removed a neutron bomb once before it was killed...

Muffin
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't think you should make them removable. I accidently build rocket cannons all the time because of binds. It'd be highly annoying if I just lost all my ru cause I can't remove them.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-10-2012, 12:49 PM
If you managed to remove a rocket cannon before it disappears, that speaks really bad for the enemy team.
I'd never allow this to happen if it was my weapon you're standing in front of.

Hey, I removed a neutron bomb once before it was killed...
for kill conts or tele fast i make rc and defend it, when the enemy item dies i remove and recorver half of ru + the ru that i gain with the itens attack, but really it's not so easy for do, and by other side, me too make RCs unconsciously sometime and remove for only loss half, loss 500 RU by an accident is hater

maybe is better keep the RC removable

Scourge
11-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice, I've seen lately A LOT of people with shield and metal... so annoying (and more for me, 'cause I'm aiming horribly these days -.-)

The way you deal with shield and metal is to ask for a boost and then pulse or rocket. Even if you don't kill them on the first go, you'll still weaken their armor. Remember, a portion of your damage to their armor is permanent.

~~D4RR3N~~
11-10-2012, 02:38 PM
The way you deal with shield and metal is to ask for a boost and then pulse or rocket. Even if you don't kill them on the first go, you'll still weaken their armor. Remember, a portion of your damage to their armor is permanent.
lol ok. But is still very annoying

Neff
11-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Allegedly Dikhan came in the server removing all the containers, I rebuilt the core SC and it got removed, suddenly I had enough ru to build another one, happend again and I had ru again.

Was really excited when I discovered what was going on, and have seen others just as excited to learn.

Somone should edit it in Release notes: - Added: - RU returned to builder upon building removal.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/dikhan-proxying-removing-conts-3123/

|uK|fleecey
11-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Okay, not sure where i should post this.. but we were playing bluevember, then suddenly everyone is crashing from blue team.. i just thought it was me, but apparently not.
2 minutes later, it happens again.. and server crashed completely and changed map to fluke map..

this is the error i got, not sure if everyone got the same.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71312967/telebluevembercrash.jpg

Someone said, he made tele.. then server crash? Idk.

SAM
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Do you know if this was one tele on top if another made by constrictor or a siege tele made on top of a standard map tele?

|uK|fleecey
11-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Do you know if this was one tele on top if another made by constrictor or a siege tele made on top of a standard map tele?

I don't know what you mean, but I don't know who did what.. dead told me someone made tele.. i just crashed so fast so i have no idea :/ sorry

sketchturner
11-15-2012, 02:14 PM
The interesting fact is that 5 blue players crashed in a row, then, all they re-joined the game and 1 min after it crashed for all. Why blue? I think they made poison guard xD

Higor
11-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Okay, not sure where i should post this.. but we were playing bluevember, then suddenly everyone is crashing from blue team.. i just thought it was me, but apparently not.
2 minutes later, it happens again.. and server crashed completely and changed map to fluke map..

this is the error i got, not sure if everyone got the same.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71312967/telebluevembercrash.jpg

Someone said, he made tele.. then server crash? Idk.

Son of a bitch.
Engine bug with an infinite tele recursion, I did not foresee that one.
Can be patched with a ServerActor that prevents more than one tele in the same location...

.seVered.][
11-17-2012, 01:57 AM
LogSpam as a Spetator, Started just near the end of the match... perhaps when the core was about to Croak. There's like 3 MILES of this stuff...

Hmmmm.

ScriptWarning: sgScore CTF-(+)-BioHazard.sgScore0 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15a.sgScore.ShowScores:05BA) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: sgScore CTF-(+)-BioHazard.sgScore0 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15a.sgScore.ShowScores:059D) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: sgScore CTF-(+)-BioHazard.sgScore0 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15a.sgScore.ShowScores:05BA) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: sgScore CTF-(+)-BioHazard.sgScore0 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15a.sgScore.ShowScores:059D) Accessed None

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Higor there are a mega but with the constructor, if you use BuildIt bind, change for any other weapon, get the constructor quickly back, and usse buildit bind again, you make what you want without delay... i tested now repairing core this way, and 1 player can rep 10% of core in 4 or 5 seconds lol

there are no delay for use buildIt, how more fast you set weapon and get constructor back, more fast you rep, up, make itens etc...

Higor
11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
AdRiaN;45558']Higor there are a mega but with the constructor, if you use BuildIt bind, change for any other weapon, get the constructor quickly back, and usse buildit bind again, you make what you want without delay... i tested now repairing core this way, and 1 player can rep 10% of core in 4 or 5 seconds lol

there are no delay for use buildIt, how more fast you set weapon and get constructor back, more fast you rep, up, make itens etc...

Fixed

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Fixed

thanks =)

noggieB
11-29-2012, 11:18 AM
There's a weapon on wHartHog's pigpen that looks like bio but fires out pupae. Just saying ^^ (It was on CTF-Offices I think.)

--- Updated ---

I've also noticed a minor bug which happens pretty rarely so it's not urgent. Sometimes I switch from Constructor to Rockets, but when I try to fire I discover neither of the mouse buttons are working. If I switch to Constructor then back to Rockets again, the problem disappears.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Higor what is new on SiegeRC15b?
please say all changes this time

Higor
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Same file structure as MLSG3 version.
Anti Supplier spam that reduces 50 RU per kill.
Super Containers can't be telefragged on all gametypes.
Removed some more log warnings.
Constructor binds can't be exploited.

If there's anything else i forgot.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-30-2012, 10:08 AM
anti spam, nice =)
bonus of SM keep high, it's 123 per kill, 10 kills = 1230 OMFG

now when someone die on a mine or sm it show "you killed player" on screen, good.

now we need change the name of super container for invencible container... telegraf cont really sucks, but is impossible destroy it in most of maps

-50 ru when kill someone in sup... can you remove this for when kill using nukes? lol

(10 hours niven games soon)

EDIT: i did not understanded the anti sup spam system, i killed one players taking ru on sup with shock combo, looking my RU, and it increase 50 like a normal frag, not decreased.

Ana said me the SC resistance is minor now, it's true? (lower resistance and no telegrafable is the best option =DDD NICE !!! )

terminator
11-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Disagree for SS spam due to maps like niven and some others. Imo it sux.
Disagree with ability to telefrag a supercontainers. Also sux because it's impossible to kill it in any other way.

Suggestion: reduce the vulnerability for motion and nuke alarm. Make motion alarm vulnerability equal to a level 2 container and nuke alarm equal to container level 3 or 5

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Disagree for SS spam due to maps like niven and some others. Imo it sux.
Disagree with ability to telefrag a supercontainers. Also sux because it's impossible to kill it in any other way.

Suggestion: reduce the vulnerability for motion and nuke alarm. Make motion alarm vulnerability equal to a level 2 container and nuke alarm equal to container level 3 or 5
you are right, im some occasions this anti spam system will disturb the games

if SC resistance is the same, i stop playing UT kkkkkkkkkkk (just kidding)

|uK|fleecey
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
What happen to freebuild you typed in console before? I was on the other day the pug server to try something, but you can't type freebuild anymore.. you guys removed it?

Higor
11-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Freebuild was added again.

!DEAD
11-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Higor 981

Neff
11-30-2012, 04:07 PM
UT crashed, does it once in a while now... didn't take screenshot as I was in a rush to get back in but I had 100 rather than 1,100 ru when I got back wtF?

Went spec came back when game ended had 1,200?

Higor
11-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Higor 981

That's a bug in my map's effect attacher.

.seVered.][
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
PoisonGaurdian is givin us grief again.

ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0018) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:001F) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0034) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:003C) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0043) Accessed None

Higor
12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
[;45967']PoisonGaurdian is givin us grief again.

ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0010) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0018) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:001F) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0034) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:003C) Attempt to assigned variable through None
ScriptWarning: PoisonPlayer CTF-McSwartzly][.PoisonPlayer9 (Function SiegeUltimateRC15b.PoisonPlayer.BeginPlay:0043) Accessed None

Taken care of.

Crsk
12-02-2012, 06:02 AM
I like it finally the sup spam issue is getting solutions, i think this is the first step of many others because i think this -50Ru improvement need to be improved.
I have a question, is hard to do something like activate the spawn protection for a few seconds when the player are inside of the supplier radius? i mean, i think lost ru for sup spam is helping a lot, but just remember the prototype of players in the public server... or that thing is applied just for pug?

here is another idea (i dont like too much but...)

// If your enemy shoot to your supplier, damage go for him.
//Unfinished

class AntiSupplierSpam expands Mutator;
var Vector NoMomentum;

var bool Initialized;

function PostBeginPlay()
{
if (Initialized)
return;
Initialized = True;

Level.Game.RegisterDamageMutator(Self);
}

function MutatorTakeDamage(out int ActualDamage, Pawn Victim, Pawn InstigatedBy, out Vector HitLocation, out Vector Momentum, name DamageType)
{
if (InstigatedBy.IsA('PlayerPawn'))
{
if (Victim.IsA('sgSupplier') || Victim.IsA('sgSupplierXXL'))
{
if (InstigatedBy != Victim)
{
if (InstigatedBy.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team != Victim.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team)
{
NoMomentum.X = 0;
NoMomentum.Y = 0;
NoMomentum.Z = 0;

if (DamageType == 'RedeemerDeath')
{
InstigatedBy.TakeDamage(InstigatedBy.Health*0, InstigatedBy, HitLocation, NoMomentum, DamageType);
}
else
{
InstigatedBy.TakeDamage(ActualDamage, InstigatedBy, HitLocation, NoMomentum, DamageType);
}
Victim.Health += ActualDamage;
}
}
}
}

if ( NextDamageMutator != None )
NextDamageMutator.MutatorTakeDamage( ActualDamage, Victim, InstigatedBy, HitLocation, Momentum, DamageType );
}

defaultproperties
{
}

well, the idea is simple, with this mutator activated if you shot your enemy supplier one time with enforcer for example, your health decrease in 25 units, now if you six pack your enemy supplier probably your die

but i have some problems here, the first is in the redeemer part, the idea of this part of code is avoid get own killed for use a nuke near to the enemy supplier, i am multiplicating the Health * 0, so i think if i hit the enemy supplier with my nuke nothing should happend with me, because 100 * 0 = 0 (cero damage taken)
but this is not working, im dying anyway in my test with bots (replacing "sgSupplier" for "bot" when i nuke a bot i die, and not for the nuke explosion), no test with supplier because i have a problem number 2:
the second is the biggest one! this mutator is ignoring all siege builds, i dont know why if sgbuilds are pawns as all of us... i think it happend for do that as mutator, maybe adding this as rules in SiegeGI.uc will work?

this mutator is anti niven, i know, was just an idea, im not a coder, this was just one of my attempts of something, most of the time i dont know what the $/·%($I· im doing, now i desist because is not a good idea

Adrian, the SC max energy now is 7.000, before was 24.000 i think

|uK|kenneth
12-02-2012, 06:33 AM
dude admins /mods should just ban the suplier spammers they will learn to not spam it again 1day ban should be enough if not 2 days.

!DEAD
12-02-2012, 06:40 AM
http://cs6091.userapi.com/u32176560/docs/7752956df386/5.gif

SAM
12-02-2012, 06:52 AM
DEAD trying to be funny with the pictures?

!DEAD
12-02-2012, 07:44 AM
http://cs6059.userapi.com/u16000377/docs/680c1612ef26/file.gif

Higor
12-02-2012, 10:42 AM

MutatorTakeDamage is called on every damage instance, and object references only point to a single object.
Therefore, you can't get more than one victim at a time per function call.

MutatorTakeDamage will be called for player and then for supplier (in either order), if it's a splash damage weapon, otherwise MutatorTakeDamage will be called for players.
In this case you're checking that victim is the Supplier (doesn't differ invincible one from killable), and then you're tryingto check for the Supplier's PlayerReplicationInfo, which doesn't exist because buildings are not players (bots count as players and have PRI).

Also, SC max energy is increased per level, 7000 is the base value and is unchanged on RC15b, on MLSG3 base is 5500 (around 18000hp).

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Adrian, the SC max energy now is 7.000, before was 24.000 i think
yes, it's great, now SC is a decent item, die like all other itens, dont have any bug, is powerfull, but expensive, it's perfect now, nice job Higor, i remember that time... a long time, that the SC was invisible, immortal, but telegrafable, 100% fail item haiusheiu

About the anti spam, i did not saw this -50 RU workin (on pub), but this system is fail for many sistuations, how we can attack a item near SS?

For me the best option is increase the spawn protection... when the player respanw, it have some seconds of protection, ( i dont know how time is) but this protection expires if he:

Get a weapon on floor (BAD)
Change Weapon (BAD)
Shot (GOOD, only bad for constructor)
Get ammo on SUP (BAD)

if the player the get in, on a area a little bigger than sup raidius (because many players stay around, but not inside of normal sup when there are many players trying get ammo, with the respawn protection on, he must get 8 (?) seconds of extra protection, if he leave this area, lost the protection and dont have it again if back to sup... if the player that is protected in this area shot, he lost the proction

with this system, players that respawned and go get on sup cant die if enemy shot the sup, or other build near. players that already was live, and back to sup for recover ammo/hp, can die, and who is spanw protecded can't abuse of the protection for kill the enemys inside of sup, because if he shot, the protection ends

... i think is a little hard for make the codes for this system, you still need make a anti-boost for the spawn-sup-protected players when the ENEMY shot then, because if these players get boosted off this area, he lost the protection, even if he has not ammo

SC max energy is increased per level, 7000 is the base value and is unchanged on RC15b,

what? so the SC on pub keep almost indestructible?

Higor
12-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Pub games can have up to 11 ppl per team, sure mostly half of them are incompetent but still it's a lot of potential shooters.
A weak SC won't be worth as much on those cases.

--- Updated ---

First, I believe a player isn't supposed to sleep in the supplier.
The very short 2 second timer (and only applied to player getting weapons on normal sup) is to encourage action.
- On a normal sup you can't pretend to sit in there and wait for your turn while the core is being attacked.
- On a super sup, if you stand on it for a second you'll have enough ammo to eliminate whoever's attacking you.

Second, making players invincible will just lead to abuse and even more spam, this will lead attackers to keep shooting while waiting for invincibility to wear off.
I don't want to turn the supplier into a temporary safe shoot-them-back station.

Third, if you're worried about losing spawn protection when switching weapons then disable autoweapon switch and set chainsaw or piston as highest priority weapon.

terminator
12-02-2012, 08:01 PM
I miss telefragging SC :( If SC is at same strenght it sucks. it's very hard to kill it and such things shouldn't be invincible.
Also Higor can u recheck the strenght of Motion Alarm and Nuke Siren and maybe lower it a bit. Least motion alarm.

Feralidragon
12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Ok, here's my input on the current version of Siege:
- I don't play Siege (nor UT) for months, when I mean months, it's like since March (yeah, that long), so yesterday I was bored from another 2 fps games I have been playing and returned to the one that actually needs more skill.
I was rather rusty btw, but still contributed to win 2 games rather fast.

What I noticed is that it's mostly the same exact Siege on gameplay, with just a few differences:

The good:
- That rotating teleport was a really good idea after all (I was a bit "heh..." about it before, but it works very nicely);
- Many bugs seem to be finally fixed.

The bad:
- It seems to be just too damn easy to gather enough RU for a nuke, I mean, in the last map I played we got nuked in about 5 minutes from the game start (we still won though, but still...).
- The constructor select animation seems to be too damn slow, I miss that instant bring up of the constructor.

Other notes:
- I see people complaining about SCs being too strong, but in Niven I didn't see any problems with the opposite team blowing it up with the rest of our buildings (I mean, it is so easy to build nukes that destroying a SC is not as hard as it was before).

I only played a bit of 1 game and 2 other games entirely (we lost the first and won the latter 2 ones), so I can't give much more input, but in general I don't see any major differences in how people play and in the flow of the gametype (did I miss something?).

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Pub games can have up to 11 ppl per team, sure mostly half of them are incompetent but still it's a lot of potential shooters.
A weak SC won't be worth as much on those cases.

--- Updated ---

First, I believe a player isn't supposed to sleep in the supplier.
The very short 2 second timer (and only applied to player getting weapons on normal sup) is to encourage action.
- On a normal sup you can't pretend to sit in there and wait for your turn while the core is being attacked.
- On a super sup, if you stand on it for a second you'll have enough ammo to eliminate whoever's attacking you.

Second, making players invincible will just lead to abuse and even more spam, this will lead attackers to keep shooting while waiting for invincibility to wear off.
I don't want to turn the supplier into a temporary safe shoot-them-back station.

Third, if you're worried about losing spawn protection when switching weapons then disable autoweapon switch and set chainsaw or piston as highest priority weapon.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

omfg higor, ok, nothing that you said aplies to me, i almost NEVER get killed on sup, im good with my ears and i know when someone is approaching loading rockets or bio, and sometimes just hearing the steps!

dont use that nooob auto switch and dont have problems about switch weapon on respanw

just want the end of spams because it sucks, i (everyone) already was a ape that was killed all times on sup and i know how it's annoying

about SC, kkkkkkkkk
you know, or not? LOL
that a SC on public, NEVER dies! the only map that it happens is blackriver, pub has 11 players per team, but you know, 60% or more of players of public dont have much skill, not only about aim, but about strategy, they never stay only hiting the SC for kill it (only happens on blackriver when a team get the cliff)

i only saw a SC be killed 1 time after this update, and it was using EMP, RCs and a lot of nukes almost together.

a nuke damages only 20%, 20%!!!!! of SC! kkkkk
a team need nuke 5 times together, no failing, and make somes RCs for kill a SC... hmm? if all nukes be the normal one, 1300*5 + 1400*5 (trans + boots) = 13500 RU, but after kill the SC, they remake it using 1600 RU

HAISUHEASUIHUISAHIUHE

please change the name of SC for invencible container on next version, but change the value for 13500 ;)

terminator
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I agree with adrian.
SC is a bit too strong and it takes too much nukes to kill it. It's ok, u can keep strenght of a SC at same level
but then at least allow us to telefrag it. It also demands strategy and tactics to telefrag such and makes the enemy players
think a bit how, when and where will they create that SC.
I vote for bringing back the telefragging ability!!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I agree with adrian.
SC is a bit too strong and it takes too much nukes to kill it. It's ok, u can keep strenght of a SC at same level
but then at least allow us to telefrag it. It also demands strategy and tactics to telefrag such and makes the enemy players
think a bit how, when and where will they create that SC.
I vote for bringing back the telefragging ability!!
many players asking for do something for fix this invencibility of SC on pub, but want you see what higor will do NOTHING about this only because HE (THE GOOODDD!!!) think the current one is better.

the opnion of all other players dont matter, if it's against his own opnion =(
like happens on SM (still giving too high RU count... higor will only reduce something like 10% of resistance and talk that he already did what we all asked for)

SAM
12-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Adrian, the only person I see complaining about the super container is you.....The strenght of the SC has not been upped or changed at all. The base game of Siege and weapon damage has not changed either. The only thing Higor implemented was code optimisations. That's it.

Feralidragon

Finally a constructive post and recognition that actually Siege has not changed at all (really).

Posts such as yours are actually taken more seriously as opposed to ones of constantly moaning about "new faults".

About the nukes, it's possible to up the cost but that would need a majority vote. I think, as long as the team is not feeding the opposing with kills then RU will be difficult to build up.

About the animation, I have to agree there!

Feralidragon
12-03-2012, 03:18 PM
About the nukes, it's possible to up the cost but that would need a majority vote. I think, as long as the team is not feeding the opposing with kills then RU will be difficult to build up.

Nah, I don't think the cost is low, I actually think the cost is fair and should not be changed ever. But I felt like winning too much RU in the game, since although I am decent player, I am terribly rusty on UT (since I have been playing other 2 totally unrelated FPS games, with the usual "aiming down sights" and all), and although in the last games I ended up in about 3rd (iirc), I still felt that I won too much RU in the process.
I mean, I didn't kill that much (although I attacked the core when I could), didn't spam much either, died rather a lot, yet I won enough RU to completely repair the core from 20%, build a SHP, teleports, containers and upgrading stuff around, and I remember of it to be more difficult to get RU.

Anyway, it might be me since I don't play for a long time, so don't take my suggestions too seriously, unless I missed some RU reward changes update somewhere (aside SM which seems to give a lot? -> not an affirmation, didn't try myself, but it's what I see people talking about here in the forum).
Btw, for online reference (although probably everyone forgot already), during the time I actively used to play Siege (months ago), my nick was "Testing-X" (but also used "Testing" and "-xXx-" before that).

terminator
12-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Actually Adrian is not the only one who is complaining.
First of all i APPRECIATE HIGOR's work here and for siege. He is really a wizard considering that, doing awesome job by
trying to make things better for everyone. Thank you for that (if u read this).
BUT! u're not talking to players enough maybe while trying to implement new things. I know it's hard to satisfy everyone here but
maybe some public threads or polls would be very nice. It's not trashtalking i'm just telling this as an advice.

About supermine .. well.. i don't mind it too much. It can make some changes but people are always careful about such so maybe it doesn't play
such a big role.

About SuperContainer.. that is different. A lot of RU is in question when it comes to this. I don't think that telefragging should be considered as negative glitch or glitch at all.
Killing SuperContainer is really hard job. I don't think it's meant to be invincible, am i right?? Let's reduce it's strenght a bit more or just bring back the ability for telefragging it.

Further advices (repeating): Reconsidering the strenght of Motion and Nuke Alarm and trying to reduce it a bit.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
the only qualms I have since playing it the other day is removing niven as much as I love playing this map you just cant play it with 11 people per team and expect to get out of your base if the other team makes just one decent tele and defends it well

feralidragon if you play pugs you will see much better gameplay so come over and have a few games.

I dont think anything should be changed other then having the option to have the new style menu of the constructor or having the old via user settings maybe? I find it annoying that sometimes when I use a bind the new style menu comes up and I have to mess around in a pug to remove it somehow jammily? If anything at least remove that menu from the pug/mlsg version of siege please

SAM
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Maybe make the GUI option configurable in ini?

Higor
12-03-2012, 07:01 PM
It'd be a ini only setting, once the GUI is disabled, there's no way you can enable it without INI edit again.

SAM
12-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Ok sounds good would it be server or clientside?

Higor
12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
It would be a client setting.
Once created and replicated, the client version of the constructor checks the local setting and then tells the server not to apply serverside GUI.

GUI is fully controlled on the client, but it's simulated on the server to prevent clicks in GUI to build stuff.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
can you change constructor to stop being primary selectable weapon after ammo on other weapons run out, sometimes im in the heat of battle and i run out of ammo and it selects constructor and before i have a chance to stop i have built the last thing i selected, very annoying and a waste of RU.

the priority of constructor should be the same as enforcer.

also i still havent found out while in game i see this...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/alienFLuKE/cons.png

yet if i spec someone using left hand i see this constructor.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/alienFLuKE/Clipboard01-4.png

Higor
12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
The weapon priority was never altered between the transition between contructors, and unlike the translocator it doesn't have a hardcoded value.
This is something you can manually alter, this is a section of my User.INI:

The highest the number, the highest the priority.

[Engine.PlayerPawn]
WeaponPriority[0]=ChainSaw
WeaponPriority[1]=sg_XC_Constructor
WeaponPriority[2]=sgConstructor
WeaponPriority[3]=sgEnforcer
WeaponPriority[4]=Translocator
WeaponPriority[5]=SuperShockRifle
WeaponPriority[6]=SiegeInstaGibRifle
WeaponPriority[7]=AsmdPulseRifle
WeaponPriority[8]=enforcer
WeaponPriority[9]=sgPulseGun
WeaponPriority[10]=ImpactHammer
WeaponPriority[11]=doubleenforcer
WeaponPriority[12]=FV_ApeCannon
WeaponPriority[13]=NinjaRifle
WeaponPriority[14]=ShockRifle
WeaponPriority[15]=sgMinigun
WeaponPriority[16]=ut_biorifle
WeaponPriority[17]=SniperRifle
WeaponPriority[18]=sgNukeLauncher
WeaponPriority[19]=ripper
WeaponPriority[20]=Minigun2TIW
WeaponPriority[21]=minigun2
WeaponPriority[22]=UT_FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[23]=UT_Eightball
WeaponPriority[24]=WarheadLauncher
WeaponPriority[25]=pulsegunTIW
WeaponPriority[26]=PulseGun

--- Updated ---

Yeah, dat pulse and flak priority...

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Actually Adrian is not the only one who is complaining.
First of all i APPRECIATE HIGOR's work here and for siege. He is really a wizard considering that, doing awesome job by
trying to make things better for everyone. Thank you for that (if u read this).
BUT! u're not talking to players enough maybe while trying to implement new things. I know it's hard to satisfy everyone here but
maybe some public threads or polls would be very nice. It's not trashtalking i'm just telling this as an advice.
Yes Termi, yes...
=/

but it not happens

~V~
12-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Did something change with keybinds on the version on pub? My Q has always been sniper and since playing siege it's also nuke. Now when I switch to sniper it comes up for 1/2 secong then goes back to previous weapon.

Also my constructor key no longer works

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
some versions ago was just use Getweapon sg[weapon], now you need use getweapon [siege version].sg[weapon]

the problem is, when the siege is updated you need remake all your binds, and make different binds for public and pug =(

type set input [key] getweapon siegeultimateRC15b.sgConstructor on console for the public server

~V~
12-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I've just tried that (still didn't work) and tested a few other things. So far I've found that if you twin bind sgNukelauncher with anything else it breaks it. eg:

Q=getweapon zp_sniperrifle | getweapon sgnukelauncher

Now when you press q it will go back to previous weapon, even if you have sniper ammo. I tested this too with sgMinigun and that works fine so it just seems that binding Nuke with anything else breaks it.

Default UT behaviour has always been to toggle between the last two weapons on a bind that have ammo. I can't see anything in the code of 15b yet to see why it's breaking...

*edit: constructor seems to be working again for some reason

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-04-2012, 02:25 PM
here is my sg binds:

NUKE:

Ctrl=getweapon sgNukelauncher | getweapon siegeultimaterc15b.sgNukelauncher | setinstantrocket 1 | getweapon SiegeMLSG3.sgnukelauncher

TRANS:

Aliases[27]=(Command="getweapon Translocator | getweapon SiegeMLSG3.sgtranslocator | getweapon sgtranslocator",Alias=trans)

MiddleMouse=trans

it work for 100% on pug, on public i dont have sure if the Trans bind is working

terminator
12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Is there any way i can change a priority for translocator when pressing "1" instead of piston?
Or u just explained it below and i didn't read :P

|uK|Grimreaper
12-04-2012, 11:36 PM
my midmouse keybinds doesnt work in public

~V~
12-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Nukelauncher will break the bind completely if it is bound together with non-siege weapons.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
not really, i use the nuke bind with the instant rockets on bind, and already used together with ripper bind too, the command always worked.

~V~
12-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Strange. I tried it with a few weapons and when I didn't have nukeammo and wanted to switch to the other weapon it would just switch back after an instant... it's supposed to go to the other weapon

~V~
12-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Well it seems that it toggles if you use switchweapon not getweapon

|uK|Grimreaper
12-05-2012, 03:22 PM
i had midmouse as upgrade didnt work :x

SilverWing
12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
So i found a bug on the MLSG version, but I don't know if its on the other version as I didn't test it.

So if you BUILD the ASMD Pulse Rifle and Hyper Leecher and pick it up. It doesn't show the amount of ammo it has until you fire.

After you finish all the ammo and you pick up another ASMD Pulse Rifle or Hyper Leecher it show that you only have 1 ammo. Thinking it was a bug, I fired it and it was really only one ammo.

|uK|Grimreaper
12-06-2012, 07:26 AM
ya sw had the same problem

Higor
12-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Added to RC15c so far:

- Nuke on player's back.
- Alternate version of the nuke siren (3000 RU, half range), replacing the original NS with this one is optional.
- Alternate version of the normal nuke (2000 RU), optional for other kinds of games.
- Minor log warning fixes.
- Serverside game startup slightly optimized.
- Added ability to swap core locations (on demand by map).
- Added a global selection bind for Constructor and Nukes (GetConstructor, GetNuke).
- Randomize core placement instead of spawning multiple times when map has more than 1 flags per team.

Core swapping on demand is only activated if the map includes a switch to do it.
What it does is, randomly swap core locations and it's associated player starts reversing the roles, useful for maps that aren't symmetric and don't include majorly colored lights/walls.

About core placement with multiple flags, now instead of spawning multiple cores, only one core is spawned at a random flag base.
This helps a lot making a certain map behave differently on different games.

Both core placement features can be combined in a single map too.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Added to RC15c so far:

- Nuke on player's back.
- Alternate version of the nuke siren (3000 RU, half range), replacing the original NS with this one is optional.
- Alternate version of the normal nuke (2000 RU), optional for other kinds of games.
- Added a global selection bind for Constructor and Nukes (GetConstructor, GetNuke).
- Randomize core placement instead of spawning multiple times when map has more than 1 flags per team.

Core swapping on demand is only activated if the map includes a switch to do it.
What it does is, randomly swap core locations and it's associated player starts reversing the roles, useful for maps that aren't symmetric and don't include majorly colored lights/walls.

About core placement with multiple flags, now instead of spawning multiple cores, only one core is spawned at a random flag base.

- Nuke on player's back.

terrible, it's a bad idea, now is impossible the team confuse the enemy with boots, belt... noobs will fail still more, and for good players nothing change, we always use items for nuke (but now it's a individual nuking, no more team work, gg)

Good, you did what everyone was asking for.

wtf? it's a stroger normal nuke?

nice, bug fixed, before the getweapon [weapon] binds worked, but on siege13 ~ 15 we was needing put the version of siege on bind

|uK|kenneth
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
higor what are you trrying? fucking it up some more? change it back to 1300 im not gonna give 2000 ru for a normal nuke and 3000 for nuke siren? seriously....

oh btw im not the only one that doesnt like this shit!

PS: sam is talking about "respect" for your develop but changing things without even asking people from public is dumb, back to LOL.

kron
12-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Added to RC15c so far:

- Nuke on player's back.

http://i.imgur.com/z07ew.gif?1 <--- Siege after Higor fixes it.

|uK|Rays
12-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Looks more like your average day at the MLSGTV studio

|uK|Grimreaper
12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gZCjMjoilo

SAM
12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
higor what are you trrying? fucking it up some more? change it back to 1300 im not gonna give 2000 ru for a normal nuke and 3000 for nuke siren? seriously....

oh btw im not the only one that doesnt like this shit!

PS: sam is talking about "respect" for your develop but changing things without even asking people from public is dumb, back to LOL.

Calm down? Price is set by me...maybe I will up it to 14/1500 but that's it. If you checked the nuke siren radius, it was enourmous. I suggested Higor make the NS be the same radius as motion alarm but instead he nerfed it which is fine. Why not try it first ??

AdRiaN;46603']
terrible, it's a bad idea, now is impossible the team confuse the enemy with boots, belt... noobs will fail still more, and for good players nothing change, we always use items for nuke (but now it's a individual nuking, no more team work, gg)

Slightly agree here actually...however, no one brought up this point before. Everyone raved at it being implemented and told @Higor (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1761) to DO IT NOW????

kron
12-10-2012, 08:30 PM
If you increase the price of nukes I would be very sad.
Why are you gonna change something that already works well?

SilverWing
12-10-2012, 10:52 PM

One thing that all the developers who have played from the beginning, was to never change any of the buildings from old siege(containers, nuke, inuke, booster, spro, etc). So put the back the price to normal, and only change the NS.

Moskva
12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
This makes me wanna PUGPUGPUGPUGPUGPUGPUG

Shotman
12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
all of these changes just makes me wanna play LoL or Thief 3.

Higor
12-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Somebody forgot the meaning of optional and alternate.
It's a duplicate item with different properties, which gives more choices you whiny bitches.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-11-2012, 07:00 AM
i dont beleave what he will increase the value of nuke by nothing, it's just another version of nuke... but if true, siege ends...

increase ru for mine spammers, and now nukers must use more than 50% of ru for make nuke '-'

btw another type of nuke is not a bad idea, but it need have another look, effect, shot type etc

http://i.imgur.com/z07ew.gif?1 <--- Siege after Higor fixes it.

agree with you =(
there will be any update that he will ask for us about his ideas and just do what we like?

Siege after higor:
===============================================
pro:

no more SC bug, hmm... no belt + armor/suit stack, pulsegun bug fixed... hmm... hmm... really, i dont remember other good change on higor's age

===============================================
con:

invis + belt bug! from his 1st siege and STILL DONT FIXED!!!!!!

Super container now is almost invencible

Easiest get ru for players mine spammers, and SM giving 123 ru by kill!!! if only 6 players (on public 6 is a little count) die on SM, it's already free RU!!!!!

Getweapon bind bug, before higor we did not needed put the siege version on bug, will be fixed only now ffs!

sgConstructor still have some bugs

Bad anti spam system, yesterday a shooted a tele on clarion near a SS and lost 200 RU kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, no it's not funny

Nuke on back? OMG

Normal Nuke costing 2000? 'O'

=================================================

for all updates of everything, not only for siege, each version must be better than the previous, but here we have more negative points than positives by version =(

Higor YOU ARE NOT DOING WHAT THE PLAYERS WANT, YOU MAKE THE CODES, WE, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS WE??... WE PLAYERS, DISCUSS, COMMENTS AND DECID WHAT MUST OR NOT BE CHANGED ON SIEGE

NOT ONLY YOU!!!!

HIGH+CAMILO
12-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Are you fucking crazy Higor???

Putting a big ass nuke in my back?
How many times i asked to someone to make boots or belt as a bait!!
I already see noobs making invis all the time, but that´s not the point.
2000 ru for a normal nuke?? GG Dont change that!

terminator
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Actually belt + invis should perhaps stay the same. Unless you add some new item that would make u look invisible while carrying belt which would cost more.
And that is so because if u try to take invis + belt in normal TDM match you will be visible.

All the other things.. eh. Well as i said before i appreciate Higor's work although
i'd like to see more interaction between players and developers so that there wouldn't be whining about some of the new implements.

~V~
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Raising the price of nukes will probably just draw out the games longer and increase the level of spam until the next nuke.

SGX: This NOT Siege Message Class

Why do I care if something is a siege message or not? Can you just remove that test please?

Higor
12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Raising the price of nukes will probably just draw out the games longer and increase the level of spam until the next nuke.

Why do I care if something is a siege message or not? Can you just remove that test please?

Will do.
Forgot to mention, the alternate nuke can be upgraded.
It's a way to recover old Siege's nuke, at least to have it in code without altering any gameplay. (won't detonate upon being killed tho)

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Actually belt + invis should perhaps stay the same. Unless you add some new item that would make u look invisible while carrying belt which would cost more.
And that is so because if u try to take invis + belt in normal TDM match you will be visible.

All the other things.. eh. Well as i said before i appreciate Higor's work although
i'd like to see more interaction between players and developers so that there wouldn't be whining about some of the new implements.

no lol, before higor many players used invis + belt for nuke

invis is useless if you have more than 10 hp, but nuke with only 10 hp, without belt is like shoot in the dark, luck!

he did brought this bug back, but still not fixed
i know what in DM invis + belt = bug
but this was not this way on siege, before higor start http://i.imgur.com/z07ew.gif?1

~V~
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
There is one thing that is a bit annoying - that using keybinds for upgrade and repair don't work if you hold the key down and that you must repeatedly press the key. Could this be changed so that you only need hold down the key, the same way that you just hold the mouse down when doing it via the constructor? I know that IST_Hold doesn't work everywhere, but maybe it would if there were binds for sgUpgrade and sgRepair like you did for GetNuke etc?

Higor
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Ha ha, I'll have the last laugh.

Back to the MLSG version, is there anything else to be discussed about it?
As soon as all the MLSG changes look fine and ready to be used, I'll merge it into RC15c as well (running as SiegeGI_MLSG).

======
As far as I know, bindable functions are one-shot only.
Otherwise we'd all be bouncing by pressing the jump button :ape:

~V~
12-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Otherwise we'd all be bouncing by pressing the jump button :ape:

Ahem :D

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-11-2012, 01:09 PM
MLSG version is good, SC not invencible, mine limit, no siren, no emp and neutron...

Crsk
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
since we are talking about invisible item + shieldbelt bug, i can modify my SuperShieldBelt to an InvisibleShieldBelt for replace the invisible item... just tell me how much ru you want for build this item, how much armor protection you want, and the height of the unlimited jumps, maybe would be good for 10hp nukers jumping mines without the sound of the boots

Semi invisible shield belt with small 'anti gravity' jumps - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn7NwVvzv20&feature=plcp)

Higor
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't worry about that.

Armor stacking with ShieldBelt reverted, but with suits still unable to stack twice with ShieldBelt.
Invisibility Bug should be fixed already.

kron
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Higor's Revealing of his new Siege.

http://i.imgur.com/nKR2z.gif

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
the idea of having no sounding boots is stupid im sorry, how do you expect people to find a nuker that uses belt boots and invis? clearly no logic there.

lastly i havent tested the belt and invis like some are saying but as far as i know the times ive used it, they have worked fine so maybe its time to try it yourself before crying about it again because it was fixed AGES ago

--- Updated ---

also wanted to add upping the price of nukes is stupid, when you nuke the core nowadays you get back almost double or triple for the nuke itself, maybe its time to stop the core from being damaged so much like it was in older siege versions as well as not giving out as much ru like before too.

the older sieges gave out enough for another nuke and then some if the nuker was sucessful.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
also wanted to add upping the price of nukes is stupid, when you nuke the core nowadays you get back almost double or triple for the nuke itself, maybe its time to stop the core from being damaged so much like it was in older siege versions as well as not giving out as much ru like before too.

the older sieges gave out enough for another nuke and then some if the nuker was sucessful.

yes, but many time, for nuke, a player dont use only 1300 RU, it's neke, boots + trans, invis + belt, speed + boots...

but now the core is giving 3 times more ru than others builds, 2 times is already perfect to me, like the pug version, and it will help to balance the RC

btw, the core give normal ru count is shit on public. Everyone will back to nuke SS lol
maybe for pug server, the old core is really good

terminator
12-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Also, some of admins pls check the thread "Osyris camping" and download it! Thanks!

Feralidragon
12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
maybe its time to stop the core from being damaged so much like it was in older siege versions as well as not giving out as much ru like before too.

I just loved this post, and you know why? Because I remember you strictly defending in the past that the core should give much more RU back then. Do you remember why? Because if the core didn't give more RU, most of the team wouldn't go for the core at all. If we are going to talk about the "old", then let's not forget that the old brought more problems to the gameplay than the new, and that the new is actually working for at least a year (or more?).
So going back to what was proven to NOT work is not the solution either (one thing is not wanting new ideas in siege, another is downgrading to a worse version of it).

As for the prices of the nukes, I have mixed feelings. The last time I played a game, I entered mid-match for 40min and I swear everything you would hear were the nuke siren and nukes exploding, and the map wasn't small at all.
Days ago I thought too much RU was being given, and now I am sure, and probably not only SMs. Rising the price of the nukes surely isn't the right way to go either imho.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
I just loved this post, and you know why? Because I remember you strictly defending in the past that the core should give much more RU back then. Do you remember why? Because if the core didn't give more RU, most of the team wouldn't go for the core at all. If we are going to talk about the "old", then let's not forget that the old brought more problems to the gameplay than the new, and that the new is actually working for at least a year (or more?).
So going back to what was proven to NOT work is not the solution either (one thing is not wanting new ideas in siege, another is downgrading to a worse version of it).

As for the prices of the nukes, I have mixed feelings. The last time I played a game, I entered mid-match for 40min and I swear everything you would hear were the nuke siren and nukes exploding, and the map wasn't small at all.
Days ago I thought too much RU was being given, and now I am sure, and probably not only SMs. Rising the price of the nukes surely isn't the right way to go either imho.

this shit only happens on nuke room maps, that 1 of the reasons i hate nuke room, if a player cant defend his nuke, then make the 2000 one.

Feralidragon
12-13-2012, 06:46 AM
AdRiaN;46801']this shit only happens on nuke room maps, that 1 of the reasons i hate nuke room, if a player cant defend his nuke, then make the 2000 one.
It's not 100% secure (neutron?), and I remember very well by now the gameplay of several months ago, and those rooms were never a problem. Yeah, you had more nukes, but not the massive amount there is right now.
One thing is hear the siren each 5min or so, another is hearing it and hear nukes exploding for the whole 40min until the end of the game.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
It's not 100% secure (neutron?), and I remember very well by now the gameplay of several months ago, and those rooms were never a problem. Yeah, you had more nukes, but not the massive amount there is right now.
One thing is hear the siren each 5min or so, another is hearing it and hear nukes exploding for the whole 40min until the end of the game.
well, it depends on the map. some maps the nuke room is almost impossible to attack, the only way is use neutron

"nuke room" sucks
"competitive nuke spots" is nice

Higor
12-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Other changes:

Nuke Siren volume is adjustable on constructor GUI (or Siege.INI).
Alternate Nuke siren will be used by default on Siege now (3000 RU, around 35% radius).
Translocator has extra distance reduction on both normal and MLSG3 mode respectively.
Nuke on player's back is optional (INI setting on server).

kron
12-13-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm think Higor is just scrolling through here laughing as he makes changes.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-13-2012, 05:37 PM
he is ridiculous

i just hope what he dont put that shit nuke on back, that NOBODY liked as a defaut setting

(NO, NO, higor liked that, so he will put as default, he is better than everyone together!)

and wtf will happens with trans? will stay still more weak then the MLSG3 one? why he dont duplicate the price of all attack itens and make mines cost 30 ru and give 300 when it kill a player?

|uK|kenneth
12-14-2012, 10:54 AM
silverwing make another public server man this siege versions are fucked up. and it seems like its not getting any better.

SilverWing
12-14-2012, 11:15 AM
silverwing make another public server man this siege versions are fucked up. and it seems like its not getting any better.

WTF.... Chill the fuck down... im not in charge of the public server/version... im in charge of the pug version... i really dont give 2 shits about the public version

SAM
12-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Other changes:

Nuke Siren volume is adjustable on constructor GUI (or Siege.INI).
Alternate Nuke siren will be used by default on Siege now (3000 RU, around 35% radius).
Translocator has extra distance reduction on both normal and MLSG3 mode respectively.
Nuke on player's back is optional (INI setting on server).

AdRiaN;46910']he is ridiculous

i just hope what he dont put that shit nuke on back, that NOBODY liked as a defaut setting

(NO, NO, higor liked that, so he will put as default, he is better than everyone together!)

and wtf will happens with trans? will stay still more weak then the MLSG3 one? why he dont duplicate the price of all attack itens and make mines cost 30 ru and give 300 when it kill a player?

Did you see the words optional

Nuke on player's back is optional. This means it's up to me. You boys need some English lessons.

Higor
12-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Ape SAM, where did u go?
We're testing a semi final version on pug, made an experiment with team assignment code...
4way pug !t doesn't break teams anymore!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-15-2012, 05:27 PM
4way pug !t doesn't break teams anymore!

WOW! that's really a good news
finily we will can play 4ways without hassles

(but, 4ways on pug? lol)

Moskva
12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Been thinking that maybe we could add 4 way pugs into the mix kind of like #ipug has with their different mods, well here we could have 5v5 and 4way pugs if theres 12 people (3v3v3v3), could be as the old Multi CTF was as for example, red had to attack gold, gold attacks blue, etc, so we wont see 3 teams team'd up against one

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-15-2012, 08:05 PM
it would be very funny game kkkkk
everyone should join on same channel for more laughs =D

but 20 players joining the pug?

=(

SAM
12-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Sorry higor had to dash. I will check out tomorrow. Promise!

Moskva
12-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Adrian did you even read the post?
Since when is 3+3+3+3=20

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-16-2012, 12:14 AM
it's not?
im bad at math =(

Shotman
12-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Adrian did you even read the post?
Since when is 3+3+3+3=20

3+3+3+3=81 :P

SAM
12-21-2012, 11:54 AM
RC15c added to the server...a lot of "fixes" in this latest RC. I will leave it to Higor to fill you guys in. I'm looking forward to the feedback on this. Remember, keep it positive and constructive rather than complaining and flaming ;0

Scourge
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
For starters, can we go back to a quick-draw of the Constructor? The slow draw is annoying and kind of pointless when you consider that it gives people with keybinds an even bigger advantage.

Higor
12-21-2012, 05:17 PM
For starters, can we go back to a quick-draw of the Constructor? The slow draw is annoying and kind of pointless when you consider that it gives people with keybinds an even bigger advantage.

Unlike UT's default weapons that entirely rely on animation to determine when shooting is possible, in the new constructor this is done internally...
What does this mean?
It means that you can build and switch categories even when drawing and putting it out, those are simple visual effects, eye candy or whatever you call it.
In terms of functionality this constructor is far superior to the previous one.

Scourge
12-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Unlike UT's default weapons that entirely rely on animation to determine when shooting is possible, in the new constructor this is done internally...
What does this mean?
It means that you can build and switch categories even when drawing and putting it out, those are simple visual effects, eye candy or whatever you call it.
In terms of functionality this constructor is far superior to the previous one.

muhbad. :(

Chamberly
12-21-2012, 05:30 PM
RC15c added to the server...a lot of "fixes" in this latest RC. I will leave it to Higor to fill you guys in. I'm looking forward to the feedback on this. Remember, keep it positive and constructive rather than complaining and flaming ;0

You come in with a full RU in first coming into game, no RU topped if reconnected.
If someone killed you, they can't pick up your weapon. (Somehow... if they were already holding it I think)

That's all I can think of now. GG, use it awhile it last. lmao.

Higor
12-21-2012, 05:50 PM
The ru recovery also does IP comparison, while it prevents name laming, it has a small flaw:
If you timeout and your ip changes, wait 10 seconds before reconnecting or you'll be reconnected as PlayerX and RURecovery won't recognize you anymore.

Feralidragon
12-22-2012, 07:00 AM
The ru recovery also does IP comparison, while it prevents name laming, it has a small flaw:
If you timeout and your ip changes, wait 10 seconds before reconnecting or you'll be reconnected as PlayerX and RURecovery won't recognize you anymore.
You can always write a RU recovery system which can ultimately rely on a random ID generated and written in the client in each new game. This ID could be a lengthy set of numbers and other characters, like "A52kaTas401Ax_mbs" for example.
That would avoid the IP problem completely.

SAM
12-22-2012, 08:14 AM
You come in with a full RU in first coming into game, no RU topped if reconnected.
If someone killed you, they can't pick up your weapon. (Somehow... if they were already holding it I think)

That's all I can think of now. GG, use it awhile it last. lmao.

is this still happrnning?

|uK|kenneth
12-22-2012, 08:48 AM
yeah theres a bug most of the time it happens if you kill someone with a nuke you can see the nuke but you cant grab it.

Chamberly
12-22-2012, 09:13 AM
yeah theres a bug most of the time it happens if you kill someone with a nuke you can see the nuke but you cant grab it.

I remember that too... when I got killed and my nuke dropped, then it went away? lol.

Sheepy
12-22-2012, 12:06 PM
is it intended, that you can have a shieldbelt on top of a iron / rubbersuit? seems op to me

Higor
12-22-2012, 12:11 PM
is it intended, that you can have a shieldbelt on top of a iron / rubbersuit? seems op to me

Only once, when you grab a second shield belt, that suit will disappear.

~~D4RR3N~~
12-22-2012, 12:53 PM
rofl Nuke Siren is 3k RU?!?! lol why 3k? You could make it 1500, or 2000, but 3000 is INSANE!!

Shotman
12-22-2012, 12:59 PM
yea making NS worth 3k RU and yet radius is lower, much lower than it used to be. Does that make sense to you? If the radius going to make that low then it should be worth 1500 tops 2000 RU. Because you could nuke their base at least 3-5 times betore they make NS. Also the radius varies for all maps like blackriver it will detect river, simplex like in mid water, and minicivil like almost before the front door because they are using sb.

Moko
12-22-2012, 03:15 PM
No clue what version we're on but the sup is slower than death and you get yelled at when you only have 4 bullets.
And team-balancer is still messed up.

And Higor you and I aren't going to be settled until I pwn you in Clarion. LOL

Higor
12-22-2012, 03:58 PM
No clue what version we're on but the sup is slower than death and you get yelled at when you only have 4 bullets.

Took a few looks at the code... I seriously screwed up that one lol...
Will make a small mutator to patch this issue and prevent a whole new release on this bug.

|uK|Grimreaper
12-22-2012, 04:57 PM

because the nuke was dropped against the wall and its bugged in the wall high somewhere but it shows on the floor underneath it so u have to jump directly above it to grab it..

Higor
12-24-2012, 05:26 PM
PUG server is running the patch fix for the Suppliers.

kron
12-24-2012, 06:02 PM
No it's not.
We just played a pug and the supp sucks.

Higor
12-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Which server?

SAM, the patch is ServerActor'd, should be the last one on the list.
MLSG3 and Pub need it.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-25-2012, 09:13 AM
higor meant its on ip1 not ip2 (mlsg3 aka sw's ret shit)

SilverWing
12-25-2012, 11:00 AM
higor meant its on ip1 not ip2 (mlsg3 aka sw's ret shit)
Dont hate on the pug server that gets used the most >;(

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-25-2012, 04:55 PM
only gets used because of the long gone server crashes which are fixed like i told you the other day, ip1 runs better.

Neff
12-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Didn't notice you lost ru shooting the supplier until Severed pointed it out as I was gaining from splash damage.

Tried shooting it only and I liked the result :) Thinking it will give a slight advantage to players who are aware. Gonna be laughing at the people that will continue to spam it and build around it unaware.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-26-2012, 05:57 AM
im glad im not playing... pc cant run UT!!!!! LOL

i think would just get angry with these bugs

|uK|kenneth, this bug is really old, and happen with all weapons

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-27-2012, 05:19 PM
only issue i have is after i run out of ammo on any weapon the constructor auto selects which is a pain if it is set on a build and i end up building something in the middle of a firefight, cant you set it to lower priority? its as if it mimics above warhead launcher.

The other thing as already stated, the nuke siren...3k? really? seems a ridiculously high change for something so important, bases are nuked before you even get to 3k RU, just curious why that was increased?

|uK|kenneth
12-27-2012, 05:46 PM
rofl idk about you guys but since its 3k ime not making the nuke siren anymore 3k is just stupid.

.seVered.][
12-27-2012, 07:00 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};48447']only issue i have is after i run out of ammo on any weapon the constructor auto selects which is a pain if it is set on a build and i end up building something in the middle of a firefight, cant you set it to lower priority? its as if it mimics above warhead launcher.

Ya, and I have a similar problem with the special weapons, for example

Getweapon sgPulseGun | Getweapon zp_ShockRifle | GetWeapon SiegeInstaGibRifle

will switch to the Insta if I have it, but when it runs out of ammo, it won't switch to the normal shock.. is that something to do with the WeaponPriority or something?

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-27-2012, 09:05 PM
i wouldnt think so, what weapon does it auto switch to?

open your user.ini and look at weaponpriority and see if zp_shockrifle comes directly before siegeinstagibrifle, if it does then yes, you have a problem, but if they are not close then thats why, on mine the constructor was higher than warheadlauncher so i switched it with chainsaw which i am hoping will solve my problem.

unfortunately there are a lot of weapon mods that add priority lists and it can get messed up.

3k RU for nuke siren is ridiculous, i would accept 3k for invincible nuke and nuke siren to stay normal 1200 or 1500 max, hardly anyone will build it at that price, i dont even get why that one was changed, all its doing is pissing people off and wrecking the games. just my 2c on that one function, not knocking the work higor does as a whole, after all, i assume its only a default property anyway that could be changed via .ini?

.seVered.][
12-28-2012, 03:07 AM
Seems that weaponPriority has NO effect in siege. Here is my Weapon depletion order vs. my Priority list. I noticed there are a couple of "strange" entries, which I changed and had NO EFFECT on depletion switching order.

Switching Order after depletion: I started with the enforcer.
zp_Enforcer
UT_FlakCannon
zp_ShockRifle
UT_BioRifle
Ripper
SniperRifle
UT_Eightball
sgMinigun
sgPulseGun
ImpactHammer

[Engine.PlayerPawn]
WeaponPriority[0]=Translocator
WeaponPriority[1]=WarheadLauncher
WeaponPriority[2]=SuperShockRifle
WeaponPriority[3]=Chainsaw
WeaponPriority[4]=ImpactHammer
WeaponPriority[5]=enforcer
WeaponPriority[6]=doubleenforcer
WeaponPriority[7]=SniperRifle
WeaponPriority[8]=ripper
WeaponPriority[9]=UT_Biorifle
WeaponPriority[10]=ShockRifle
WeaponPriority[11]=pulsegunTIW
WeaponPriority[12]=PulseGun
WeaponPriority[13]=Minigun2TIW
WeaponPriority[14]=UT_Eightball
WeaponPriority[14]=minigun2
WeaponPriority[15]=UT_FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[16]=None

so I changed it to this:

[Engine.PlayerPawn]
WeaponPriority[1]=WarheadLauncher
WeaponPriority[2]=Chainsaw
WeaponPriority[3]=Ripper
WeaponPriority[4]=sgMinigun
WeaponPriority[5]=UT_BioRifle
WeaponPriority[6]=sgPulseGun
WeaponPriority[7]=zp_Enforcer
WeaponPriority[8]=UT_FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[9]=UT_Eightball
WeaponPriority[10]=SniperRifle
WeaponPriority[11]=ImpactHammer
WeaponPriority[12]=zp_ShockRifle

Now all it does when a weapon deplete's is switch to the ImpactHammer. Any idea why?

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-28-2012, 07:52 AM
reverse the order, 0 is lowest priority. swap impact hammer with WarheadLauncher

this is mine (mixed with naliweapons3)

WeaponPriority[1]=MegatonDecoder
WeaponPriority[2]=sgConstructor
WeaponPriority[3]=ImpactHammer
WeaponPriority[4]=enforcer
WeaponPriority[5]=ut_biorifle
WeaponPriority[6]=ShockRifle
WeaponPriority[7]=SuperShockRifle
WeaponPriority[8]=PulseGun
WeaponPriority[9]=SniperRifle
WeaponPriority[10]=ripper
WeaponPriority[11]=minigun2
WeaponPriority[12]=UT_FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[13]=UT_Eightball
WeaponPriority[14]=WarheadLauncher
WeaponPriority[15]=MegaTon
WeaponPriority[16]=Ionizer
WeaponPriority[17]=NuclearLauncherLevelE
WeaponPriority[18]=NuclearLauncherLevelD
WeaponPriority[19]=UltimaProtos
WeaponPriority[20]=CybotLauncher
WeaponPriority[21]=NuclearLauncherLevelB
WeaponPriority[22]=NuclearLauncherLevelA
WeaponPriority[23]=TheExecutioner
WeaponPriority[24]=FlameTracker
WeaponPriority[25]=WRE
WeaponPriority[26]=BoltRifle
WeaponPriority[27]=Freezer
WeaponPriority[28]=Vulcan
WeaponPriority[29]=MultiMissile
WeaponPriority[30]=NuclearLauncherLevelC
WeaponPriority[31]=Graviton
WeaponPriority[32]=TheMiner
WeaponPriority[33]=IRPR
WeaponPriority[34]=SuperBoltRifle
WeaponPriority[35]=ChainSaw
WeaponPriority[36]=sgEnforcer
WeaponPriority[37]=HyperLeecher
WeaponPriority[38]=FlameThrower
WeaponPriority[39]=CherryBomb
WeaponPriority[40]=bonebar
WeaponPriority[41]=SiegeInstaGibRifle
WeaponPriority[42]=AsmdPulseRifle
WeaponPriority[43]=LDSniperRifle
WeaponPriority[44]=doubleenforcer
WeaponPriority[45]=FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[46]=sgMinigun
WeaponPriority[47]=sgNukeLauncher
WeaponPriority[48]=ZP_Sniperrifle
WeaponPriority[49]=ZP_SuperShockRifle

i swapped around sgconsructor and chainsaw, fixed my problem.

Neff
01-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Super Container is really hard to keep alive on blackriver if the other team has the mountain.

I built 3 containers inside of a super container against the wall, next to the door super container and then a minishield and it wasn't enough to stop all the rippers.

Higor
01-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Blackriver is a case apart, in this game I was playing (the one that lasted 1 hour with cores on 2-98 overtime...), Uchi's team had another SC behind this one healing it and I only managed to destroy it with a sniper + supplier + teammates in the mountain.
I would personally build a the SC not so exposed, then a Forcefield in front of it, 4 or 5 containers below (lower hall) to keep it alive.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Higor would it be possible to speed up the switch anim of the constructor, seems very slow when switching to it as in the select anim to still anim. (switching from a weapon to constructor i mean) maybe cut out a few frames in between the start and end

Neff
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Blackriver is a case apart, in this game I was playing (the one that lasted 1 hour with cores on 2-98 overtime...), Uchi's team had another SC behind this one healing it and I only managed to destroy it with a sniper + supplier + teammates in the mountain.
I would personally build a the SC not so exposed, then a Forcefield in front of it, 4 or 5 containers below (lower hall) to keep it alive.

Yeah I agree it's a case apart, the lighter version where the mountain tele's are built in the middle seems to be harder on the sc.

Don't think it should be stronger just because of one map, but I think it's rediculous how much you have to build just to keep it alive. If teams are really stacked all those containers could result in a very explosive ending.

Higor
01-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Noted for RC16
(Fluke suggestion)

The SC thing has lots of mixed opinions, but BlackRiver... as always, tele on top = map purpose is defeated. (Braveheart too)

Higor
01-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Fixed client log warnings upon joining a game with many buildings.
Fixed Pulse rifle display on third person.

Scourge
01-08-2013, 02:07 AM
Suggestions:

- Freeze grenades :D

- Decimal-based upgrading rather than whole number upgrading, e.g. a container at level 0.5 gives 75 RU instead of just 50 and then 100 once it reaches level 1

- Reservoir - acts as a team RU repository for giving and taking. Core adds to reservoir as though it is a player. Requires Super Container before building.

- MiniCore - Remember the RU bomb suggestion? This is a little different - The MiniCore expands the RU limit and gives RU over time just like the core does, only within a certain radius. Upgrades mean more RU and an expanded range of effect. Weaknesses include high leeching rate, ease of destruction, and costly construction and upgrades. Requires Super Container and Reservoir before building. THE MINI CORE WILL ACT AS A TIEBREAKER IN GAMES GOING INTO OVERTIME, WITH EACH MINICORE UPGRADE ADDING 1 TO THE CORE'S TOTAL "HEALTH SCORE" AT THE END OF THE GAME REGULATION.

- Force fields should pass friendly projectiles and block enemy projectiles.

- Rambo-style minigun as mid spawn: 500-1000 rounds, extremely high rate of fire, extremely high damage (mostly against players), furious recoil, large spread, and heavily slowed movement speed while drawn.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-08-2013, 03:49 AM
-Force fields should pass friendly projectiles and block enemy projectiles.

------ it sucks, or increase the ff value for 2000 lol

-Rambo-style minigun as mid spawn: 500-1000 rounds, extremely high rate of fire, extremely high damage (mostly against players), furious recoil, large spread, and heavily slowed movement speed while drawn.

------ make a lag compensation, or low ping players will have a great advantage with this weapon (minigun is 100% USELESS with 200 ping)

SilverWing
01-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Idk why, never knew RC MB and BB were removable or any of the explosives. I can understand EMP AND NBOMB being removable, but RC, MB, and BB shouldn't be removable because people can buoild it and last second remove it and get RU back plus the RU the RC did damage too.

Should be fixed IMO.

Scourge
01-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Idk why, never knew RC MB and BB were removable or any of the explosives. I can understand EMP AND NBOMB being removable, but RC, MB, and BB shouldn't be removable because people can buoild it and last second remove it and get RU back plus the RU the RC did damage too.

Should be fixed IMO.

I agreed at one point, but then I realized you have only a few seconds to remove the cannon, and by the time you do you could have built more rocket cannons to replace said cannon after having obtained RU from it - If you have the speed to build and remove that quickly, all while under enemy fire, then maybe the player deserves to get the extra RU from also removing cannons that are about to expire.

--- Updated ---

Any comments on the Reservoir or MiniCore ideas?

Scourge
01-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Also, there are a few other small fixes I'd like to recommend:
- Platforms still list upgrades. Other non-upgradeable buildings may as well.
- Being below 10 HP and being struck by an SP projectile RESTORES HP to 10.
- Bio bombs are still useless shit.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-09-2013, 08:21 AM

Should be fixed IMO.
bind for remove ???!!!

HAIUSHEIUASHEIASHEIASHEIASHEASEHASIE
HASIEUHASIEUH

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-09-2013, 10:29 AM
can someone please tell me how they would remove mortar bombs or rocket cannons in a closed core room like blackriver, minicivil etc etc you'd die off your own cannons

Higor
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Added a global sgBuilding variable named bNoRemove.
If a building has this set to TRUE, then the constructor can't remove it.

I removed the sgBaseCore special case and simply set bNoRemove to TRUE on it.
Also, when all explosive building classes finish building, bNoRemove is set to TRUE on them, you can only remove explosives before they finish building.

SilverWing
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM

Also, when all explosive building classes finish building, bNoRemove is set to TRUE on them, you can only remove explosives before they finish building.

Good work!

'Zac
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
so it takes a mine about 1 - 2 seconds to build, and i need to switch to remove in less 1 - 2 seconds w/o bind? i think a delay should be on them, like after or + building you have about 2 - 5 seconds to quickly remove and after that its bNoRemove = True if its possible

Higor
01-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Mines don't belong to sgItemSpawner class.
The only items affected by this change are its subclasses: NeutronBomb, sgExpRocketcannon, sgExpMortarBomb, sgExpBioBiobomb.

Scourge
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
No comments on my ideas? Are they that retarded? :c

Higor
01-09-2013, 06:40 PM
No comments on my ideas? Are they that retarded? :c

I like the gradual containers, like having 75 RU capacity if upgraded to lvl 1.5 and so on...

SilverWing
01-09-2013, 08:28 PM
- Being below 10 HP and being struck by an SP projectile RESTORES HP to 10.

This is pointless because people lower their health to stealth into someones base. If SP shoots at them just to heal the person, this strategy goes to waste.

Scourge
01-09-2013, 08:34 PM
This is pointless because people lower their health to stealth into someones base. If SP shoots at them just to heal the person, this strategy goes to waste.

Right, what I'm saying is that if they happen to be struck by an SP (which isn't firing at them) while below 10 HP, they are healed to 10 HP. I know that 10 HP and below is the limit of SP fire, I use that all the time - I'm just saying this is a minor glitch that should be fixed.

Any thoughts on the Reservoir and Mini Core building ideas?

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-10-2013, 07:48 AM

if i press any bomb bind by accident i will loss 500 ru? (or 600 idk how is the current rc value)
it's impossible set the constructor for remove before the bomb get ready! the only way is bind for remove kkkkkkk

but a bind like this is dangerous... what happen if i press this bind by accident near a SC? BAAAANN! kkkkk

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
if you press something accidentally then you need to uninstall ut