PDA

View Full Version : MLSG III :: Map List and Map Selection

SilverWing
11-06-2012, 03:05 PM
So Moskva and me have looked at the map list on the server, we have selected 8 maps that will for sure be in this season of MLSG (listed below). I have included a poll in this thread, please vote on the map you would like the play this season. ONLY votes that will be counted will be players who have joined this season of MLSG. Your vote will contribute to some discussions that the admin team will have towards finalizing the map list before the draft begins.

Map section:-

In this season of MLSG, each round of the regular season, captains will have to pick a map from a pool of 3 maps (in some cases 4 maps) that will be dedicated for that week. For example, in week one the map pool will consist of Bathrooms, Clarion, Blackriver2a. Each captain will pick one map that they will like to play that week. If both captains pick the same map, the admin will allow both teams to resubmit their map selection. If both teams decide not to change their map selection, that map will be played twice. However, if both teams change their maps pick but end up picking the same map once again, the map that was selected by both teams initially will be the first map played and the map that was selected by both teams the second time will be the second map played for the match. The team listed first on the site will have their map pick played first and the second team will pick the team colour side.

Each week of the regular season will have 3 different maps. The reason on why we are implementing this new map section is because in previous seasons some maps where not played. Also Siege is about teamwork and not about who has the better sniper team. By playing different maps each week we can see which team has the better team work, siege building skill, and knowledge skill.
In playoffs teams will pick from all the maps like the past two seasons and map selection will not be reset in finals (credit to Global Unreal for this idea). This way teams will strategies their path to victory.

Map List:-
1)Bathrooms Fixed
2)MinicivilWar (edit where blue core is fixed)
3)Bluevember
4)Orbital
5)Blackriver2a
6)Butchered
7)Clarion[SwS]
8)([MFN])-ParadiseValley (need some edits)

Higor
11-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Bathrooms: sniper
Minicivil: sniper
Bluevember: shock, bio.
Orbital: pulse, shock, rocket.
BlackRiver: sniper, rocket.
Butchered: sniper, shock.
Clarion: sniper, rocket.
ParadiseValley: sniper.

And you guys wonder why not many ppl didn't get in MLSG II.
Not voting because I'm not signing up, but I recommend a ripper and flak map.

Ronsico and Kanjar maybe?

|uK|kenneth
11-06-2012, 04:10 PM
does it even matter which weapon you use? what are you trying to say? oh wait i get it you want an open map where you can ripper spam as fuck.

oh btw bathroomsEQ1 is also known as a ripper spam map.

Higor
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Suggesting Kanjar and Ronsico for a 5v5 tournament, and you bring up a map not on the list where spam works on 8v8 or greater...

The current map list is unbalanced in favor of a certain kind of player, let's say that the best aimer on your team won't make it to his/her pc the day of the match, what fuck do you do with your defense then?

But I since I'm not playing, I don't care if a team fucks up and votes Minicivil just to get their heads popped the whole game and lose miserably, just giving my two cents to make it a better experience for everyone.

Moskva
11-06-2012, 05:46 PM
McSwartzly2004, Ronsico, BlueVember, Kanjar, Simplex, Relentless not exactly all sniper maps, not to mention you dont attack a core with sniper (unless there is braindamage, then its understandable), also, current map list isnt even 50% done, as we're expecting the poll results, now, the maps selected its because those are certainly tournament-material maps, just need to pug and will notice pretty fast about it

To finalize, teams get to choose between the 3 weekly maps set, so its fair for everyone, and mainly so its not the same open maps over and over each week

SilverWing
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
You guys need to start voting.

Moskva
11-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Remember people you can vote for more than 1 option, cant remember the limit lel

Or should be possible, lol

kron
11-06-2012, 08:35 PM
If you can't deal with the snipers, then you obviously shouldn't be playing MAJOR LEAGUE SIEGE.
It's for the big boys, so it's okay if you can't handle it.
I voted for my maps. Which by the way none of consist of sniper whoring around.

A^3
11-07-2012, 03:32 AM
I don't see a reason for changing map selection. This plays into sniper players only with 3 maps to choose from. Relentless, braveheart are tele maps that should never be in a tourney. You need maps that implement sniper, shock. Strategy , teamwork etc. Btw captains that sign up should all be the same rank no matter what rank they are.

Banny
11-07-2012, 04:39 AM
does it even matter which weapon you use? what are you trying to say? oh wait i get it you want an open map where you can ripper spam as fuck.

oh btw bathroomsEQ1 is also known as a ripper spam map.

I agree with kenneth. If you're skilled enough im pretty sure you can even mid air hs on bluevember etc. Yes ofcourse snipers are way too common in open maps still it doesn't matter what weapon we use

audiosonic
11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Dat straight from the ass redneck logic

SilverWing
11-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Come on guys!!! You guys need to keep voting. Just remember that your vote will have an impact on what maps will be played for this season. So don't start bitching if you don't like the map list when the season starts.

terminator
11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
BRAVEHEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vote for it!

Higor
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
It is possible to add a no build zone at Braveheart, for those that don't want a map-ending tele, just saying.

audiosonic
11-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Am not voting until simplex is removed from the list, what a terrible map for a 5v5. It is always the same shitty boring games that last forever...

|uK|kenneth
11-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Am not voting until simplex is removed from the list, what a terrible map for a 5v5. It is always the same shitty boring games that last forever...

we have enough votes np:)

SilverWing
11-08-2012, 11:55 AM

Just vote -.- ... Just do what i did... vote for the ones u want but not the one u know people are going to vote for

|uK|Rays
11-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Spoken like a true hero. Simplex is garbage.

Off topic but I think time limit should be reduced to 30 minutes for MLSG matches, inb4 muy grande hatred.

SogeKing
11-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Higor always wants to make the game "noob" friendly...Sniper whoring is just part of UT as a whole. (it is the 1 shot 1 kill weapon)
Sniper is my personal worse weapon...but even as much as I hate it I don't see why we should specifically search for "flak" or "rocket" maps.

It's just part of the game and part of team compositions (you'll always need to have one good Sniper on your team or else you're done for)

I personally enjoy trying to kill snipers with my shock rifle! it's always fun cause I piss them off with my combos! lol

|uK|Rays
11-11-2012, 01:41 AM
I can understand where Higors coming from, but sniper will always be the most favored weapon for siege due to 150 armor/150 health. Sniper headshots are the quickest way to get through that armor so it's only natural that it's used more. Less flat maps/Closer quarter maps won't make sniper less effective for someone who has good aim, but it at least makes spam weapons more viable if you can at least see who you're shooting at. In the end it's whoever kills the core most that wins not whoever pops the most heads off. I think we'll end up with a good balance when the season eventually starts. Admins are working on this stuff and should have some news fairly soon. Good discussion/poll, keep it up.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-13-2012, 03:09 PM
if you cant aim dont play kthxbye

|uK|Shiva
11-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Pretty much the reason I stopped playing/

Shotman
11-15-2012, 07:36 PM
so this proves it, shiva cheats cause he can aim all of the sudden.

|uK|Shiva
11-15-2012, 08:02 PM
If you think I can aim... I have nothing more to say :(

terminator
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Indeed i really wonder WHAT is fun there playing simplex? such a retarded map... i also don't like snipers but that's what siege demands so what to do. There are no flak, rockets maps.. there are maps like niven where
u can kill people by SPAM and luck and hardly by skill

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Indeed i really wonder WHAT is fun there playing simplex? such a retarded map... i also don't like snipers but that's what siege demands so what to do. There are no flak, rockets maps.. there are maps like niven where
u can kill people by SPAM and luck and hardly by skill

yes man, and you think no-zp weapons would be voted? most of players has bad ping, the players with ping 100- would have great advantage over them... players from US and Canada are the best with these weapons... why? they are better? no, it's just the ping!

me too dont like sniper, my favorite weapon is shock and i love flak and rocket, but is impossible use these weapons with 220 ping

btw, simplex really sucks, that's a map what only ends on overtime, unless one of teams are stacked

(yes, niven is a map that 70% of frags are luck, that is the reason all noobs love this map)

Moskva
11-16-2012, 12:14 PM
AdRiaN;44858']btw, simplex really sucks, that's a map what only ends on overtime, unless one of teams are stacked

(yes, niven is a map that 70% of frags are luck, that is the reason all noobs love this map)

You're talking based on public simplex, else you wouldnt do such stupid comparison with niven

Higor
11-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Ahem, me getting over 150 kills on Niven or Coret (if it lasts long) isn't luck.
It requires a different style which I believe any decent Jailbreak player has practiced more than most Siege casuals, it's not just the noobs voting these maps...

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
wow 150? so pro

try hitting 500+ enough muscle flexing

simplex is a good map, that requires teamplay, something that siege doesnt have enough of ANYMORE

in the old days this kind of map would have been over way quicker

|uK|Rays
11-16-2012, 11:36 PM
combothedoor is gr8 map do u evn lift?

simplex is trash 5v5 and 10v10

terminator
11-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Let's be honest.. people can hit SHIT with 500 ping if no ZP. Only by luck.
I would like this to be no zp if server would be placed in europe... this way ZP (or newnet if it could work without bugs) is
what is needed to play on this server. Yeah i prefer shock over sniper but i have a hard time using shock on such speed and ping.

I still say simplex is shit.. entering the base, SP lowers your health to 10 and u get pulse (highly overpowered) spammed to death in a second.
fun? skill? none of that. Toooooo easy to defend after the defence is built in decent way, until it comes to nuking.

About Niven.. that map should be removed from uk public already since it's not a siege but CTF map(even hardly a CTF)

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
its a good map in ctf, me and chis own at it ahaha

|uK|chiseller
11-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Indeed and I am thankful the server is not in europe or

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582415/gif/violation.jpg

AdRiaN;44858'](yes, niven is a map that 70% of frags are anticipation, that is the reason all noobs love this map)
There I fixed it for you.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Indeed and I am thankful the server is not in europe or

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1582415/gif/violation.jpg

There I fixed it for you.

antecipation is 50% ping... if somebody is the best player for preview the enemies moviments, but if he see everything 220 ms delayed he will be not so good

Higor
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
So far the only person I haven't outfragged on Niven is chiss.
I've already gone above players like Vatiko in this map.

|uK|kenneth
11-17-2012, 04:47 PM
its not hard... just pamming the fuck out of it.

TDNConvict
11-17-2012, 10:09 PM
higor you look stupid talking about how many frags you and rack up on niven... lolz

and its a weapons tournament.. I use all the weapons at one time or another on almost every single map... flack is great for around the core, ripper or slime for destroying building - sniper and combos for kills and nuke kills - rockets all around use..

just sayin...

Shotman
11-18-2012, 12:23 AM
you forgot the enforcer, piston, chainsaw, and pulse gun.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-18-2012, 12:47 PM
when you get rampages in enemy base with just a piston give me a shout

SilverWing
11-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Rampage with Hammer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z96LYHRlkc&feature=plcp)

Krikor
11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Doing that while your core is getting owned and their core is not even touched :p

--- Updated ---

Why isnt bathrooms on the list?...

Shotman
11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
it is, read first post

|uK|kenneth
11-18-2012, 05:34 PM
enemy base

he said enemy base not you own base....

|uK|fleecey
11-18-2012, 10:16 PM
when you get rampages in enemy base with just a piston give me a shout

Been there done that lol
Just ask chis, he hates me with piston lol

|uK|chiseller
11-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Hax, I tell you.

|uK|fleecey
12-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Last Post: 36 Minutes Ago 01:48 PM
by |uK|chiseller Go to last post

When I click on this topic, I see nothing new?

SilverWing
12-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Its people voting... If a new vote is added it updates the post

|uK|fleecey
12-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Its people voting... If a new vote is added it updates the post

So how come I saw chis post twice, once yesterday and one today?

|uK|chiseller
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
a vote yesterday and one today?

|uK|fleecey
12-06-2012, 08:12 PM
a vote yesterday and one today?

How can you vote twice? I made my vote.. I can't vote again?

Moskva
12-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Different people voting, Fleece

|uK|fleecey
12-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Different people voting, Fleece

No, it was chis twice.. I was just wondering why I couldn't see him. I get it if he voted, but you can't vote twice. I will drop it lol

|uK|chiseller
12-07-2012, 05:23 PM
?
I haven't even voted yet.