Suggested add: "Who pushed me?" [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Suggested add: "Who pushed me?"

Scourge
11-07-2012, 01:42 AM
On the HiSpeed CTF server, there's a mod called "whopushedme" that credits players who kill others by pushing them into hazardous areas with frags. This would be extremely useful (and would remove a lot of frustration) in Siege, especially if modified to remove RU from teamkillers. Just a thought <3

Shotman
11-07-2012, 02:39 AM
i dont think it would work because people will just suicide if they are going to fall. But isnt something like that in the server, it appears in green on your screen it will say "You got boosted by x" where x = name of the player who boosted you.

Scourge
11-07-2012, 03:01 AM
i dont think it would work because people will just suicide if they are going to fall.

The mod takes that into account, too, and rewards (punishes?) the pushing player appropriately.

But isnt something like that in the server, it appears in green on your screen it will say "You got boosted by x" where x = name of the player who boosted you.

It is, but it doesn't count the push as anything other than a suicide if it kills you.

Banny
11-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Offtopic : Apart from that , if higor could add "DENIED" sound whenever a nuke is taken down.. the game would become more interesting.

Ontopic : Ye i agree with scourge, that mod must be added

Higor
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM
I can record DENIED from the UT3 editor, and maybe start integrating the pushing into the gametype...
After all, the spawn protection doesn't even require an extra item or something as of RC15.

Banny
11-08-2012, 05:00 AM
I can record DENIED from the UT3 editor, and maybe start integrating the pushing into the gametype...
After all, the spawn protection doesn't even require an extra item or something as of RC15.

I had this from the old combogib mod, think it'll work?

Denied (https://www.box.com/s/mbf42witpdsizo5dvxy3)

SAM
11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
The denied sound from the denied package sounds really crap

Muffin
11-08-2012, 08:32 PM
FH siege had this mod, and I loved it. It'd be awesome if you guys added it.

Higor
11-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Implemented in core Siege.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Implemented in core Siege.

now when i rocket a sp/conts and a ape get in front of me, i suicide and small crater him, i gonna lost 100 ru? ¬¬

SAM
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM
No you won't lose ru. The pusher will. Already snagged this one. The mod itself whopushedme rewards whoever pushes you. So thi is geared more to siege.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
what happens when you boost someone and they accidentally fall off cos the lost control or its a bad boost?

I dont think this should be enabled in pugs maybe more suited to public games.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-09-2012, 08:34 PM
what happens when you boost someone and they accidentally fall off cos the lost control or its a bad boost?

lol puto, i would ask this now haiseh

SAM
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
SiegeGI2 is competitive and I don't think it subclasses into it. Higor?

Higor
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM
My goodness, you're worrying for losin 50 ru if you make a faulty boost?
If that's the only reason you're giving me for not enabling that, then fuck it I'm doing it anyways.

Just go play on HSF, shoot some enemies down to space with shock or rockets for half an hour and come back, it's far better like this.

I'm still adding a INI switch, like almost all of my changes since I like customization, after all it's better to have the option rather than loading a mutator.

audiosonic
11-10-2012, 04:40 AM
I can see how this changes gameplay, it's a lot easier to boost a 150/150 player off an edge rather than killing him.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-10-2012, 06:56 AM
My goodness, you're worrying for losin 50 ru if you make a faulty boost?
If that's the only reason you're giving me for not enabling that, then fuck it I'm doing it anyways.

Just go play on HSF, shoot some enemies down to space with shock or rockets for half an hour and come back, it's far better like this.

I'm still adding a INI switch, like almost all of my changes since I like customization, after all it's better to have the option rather than loading a mutator.
all ru is important, 10 ru... 15 ru... 50 is too much, ok it's only one frag or rocket fires on sps, but all good players know that to get ru is like a race, the team that get ru faster make ss, shp, teles, nukes faster, and win... between -50 for the player that left small crater and for the player that fail the boost, is better what the server keep without this mod, or try edit this for dont remove ru when a team mate get small crater by boost

(missing the siegeRC12, 13... i prefer dont imagine how will be the siege RC20)

Banny
11-10-2012, 07:14 AM
AdRiaN;44193']
(missing the siegeRC12, 13... i prefer dont imagine how will be the siege RC20)

Trying to taunt higor , isn't it? I really feel for him

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-10-2012, 07:51 AM
no, the siege 15 is and this boost fail RU punish is bad... on siege RC13 only was updated what the players asked for, like the teleporter rotation.

RC14 i really dont know what changed, but the server chashed every fucking day, and come that belt + invis bug... RC15 come this ape constructor, 100% bug! today happens again on niven, i made nukes and got trans... i set for upgrade and the constructor changed for itens category!

why he just dont ask for the players if we want or not any change that he is wanting to do?

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-10-2012, 09:17 AM
i can see what adrian is trying to say, the only function for this is to laugh at people who have been marked out for boosting another player add to that the RU loss, the only function for this should be so that admins can see if somoene was really boosting a player to help them or actually boosting them off to get an item in mid or just out of spite because they dont like that player in there team.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-10-2012, 09:51 AM
i can see what adrian is trying to say, the only function for this is to laugh at people who have been marked out for boosting another player add to that the RU loss, the only function for this should be so that admins can see if somoene was really boosting a player to help them or actually boosting them off to get an item in mid or just out of spite because they dont like that player in there team.
wow nice =]
i did not understanded correctly what this mutator does because my perfect english =(

Scourge
11-12-2012, 09:14 PM

I can see where you're coming from with teamkill punishment, but it is definitely frustrating and dumb to be clearly killed by a player on the opposite team and lose ru while they gain nothing - For both the killer and the killed. What say you?

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I can see where you're coming from with teamkill punishment, but it is definitely frustrating and dumb to be clearly killed by a player on the opposite team and lose ru while they gain nothing - For both the killer and the killed. What say you?

do a blaze and headshot him while hes free falling to doom.

Moskva
11-13-2012, 05:08 PM
do a blaze and headshot him while hes free falling to doom.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7k8luEIv1rhi0rbo1_400.gif