PDA

View Full Version : KING OF THE RING #2 HIGHLIGHT REEL

UNrealshots
11-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Well as most of you all know KOTR. The free for all 100 man tournament held by #IPUG in which Disconnect took some of the best players and mashed up there best clips for a highlight reel.

Please enjoy the video and if you did enjoy it give it a like and subscribe to the youtube channel thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ini0Zfh7pVQ

|uK|Rays
11-11-2012, 11:06 PM
disco's vids are amazing, I need to figure out how he gets such good quality. Other than that his editing is spot on.

UNrealshots
11-12-2012, 03:53 AM
Very true ;p

CrashingCami
11-12-2012, 10:52 AM
nice!

UNrealshots
11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
was fun playing in KOTR cant wait for KOTR III :)

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
11-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Awesome :)
thanks for posting it here

|uK|Grimreaper
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
PACO'S VOICE SOUNDS SO GAY!!!!!! jajajajajajaj

UNrealshots
11-13-2012, 01:02 AM
You would fit perfectly grim ur also GAY LOL.

SAM
11-13-2012, 03:17 AM
It is a good quality video. I likey :)

monkey
11-13-2012, 09:43 PM
You would fit perfectly grim ur also GAY LOL.

Hey Unrealshots, where can I find a ladder (or bracket) showing how the competition progressed. Who won? I bet you did, no?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Global Unreal (http://www.globalunreal.com/KOTR/)

UNrealshots
11-14-2012, 01:56 AM
Global Unreal (http://www.globalunreal.com/KOTR/) <--here monkey. No I didn't win i came in 4th overall though.

|uK|chiseller
11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
disco's vids are amazing, I need to figure out how he gets such good quality.
I lol'ed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J38OsKdgSb8&feature=youtu.be
Don't mind the editing, it was more of an experimental thing.

monkey
11-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Global Unreal (http://www.globalunreal.com/KOTR/) <--here monkey. No I didn't win i came in 4th overall though.

Thanks much. 4th out of 100 of the best.....thats pretty sick man. You were so close to the top. I bet in 1v1's you could beat those guys.

I, on the other hand, would have to play for 5 years straight if I want to compete.

UNrealshots
11-15-2012, 12:04 AM
It honestly doesnt take that long to get good. I quit Ut99 back in the early 2000's I didn't have any internet for a awhile, I started back in late 2007 just playing on public servers till late 2009 or early 2010 I cant remember... then someone wanted me to join #MLIG and try to pug I don't remember who told me about it.

That was probably early-mid 2010. My first pug I had 16acc 35-38efficiency getting my ass stomped and only getting 40-60 frags per map. All the top players of course got 105+ every game while maintaining almost a 59-65efficiency of average. I won't lie I had my doubts how the hell do I get that good how can I improve that could take years!!... Then I started watching pugs to watch some players and see how they played and where they looked at so I kinda had an idea where I need to be on D or where I need to go on O or what really works on O.

After that I tried different player.ini's and different opengl settings and actually found one that wasn't bad(effen's.ini's swedish player) and that was the end of 2010. In the first league I signed up for I was worth $436 not that bad but not that great either but after trying different ini's and actually finding one I was comfortable with. I then realize how much better you could play with another ini or have the knowledge to make your own perfectly. Then was the task of getting my mouse settings right and have it where I can actually aim in instagib and do 180's with no problem and without being so incosistent and not being able to hit some of the easy/hard shots that was in early-mid 2011. Next #MLIG season starts in May. I kept messing with dpi and sensitivity and finally found something that felt smooth and accurate for me. I drastically improved within a 1-2 month time span learning my mouse speed learning the muscle memory of flick shotting and learning how far it takes to do a 180 and looking up and down keeping the crosshair steady when aiming for someone above me or below me.

My rank was increased to $832 the next season I signed up for compared to $436 that's a pretty nice bump up I then on kept trying different things not anything huge but just small adjustments then I finally tried a different resolution I was using 1024x768 I made alot of nice runs and played really well on it getting atleast 28-33 acc. Then I changed my resolution to 1920x1080 that was a huge jump the way the whole game looked and it changed everything. I could see twice as better characters look really nice and are bigger looking. My aim improved quite a bit now i avg a 34-36acc most of the time. Accuracy doesn't always matter but it does come into play if your a D or O player your more consistent killing people within the first 1-3 shots that helps a lot.

TL : DR - What I really tried to say is it does take time to get good but you have to really try and make your settings perfect it'll take time to learn and really improve if you actually try to pug with better players than play with most of the nooby guys in the public servers. If you can't find a setting you want I'd just do small adjustments here and there and see what works and what needs to be worked on.

Anyway I hope this helps sorry for the huge ass POST. monkey

monkey
11-15-2012, 10:23 PM
It honestly doesnt take that long to get good. I quit Ut99 back in the early 2000's I didn't have any internet for a few awhile, I started back in late 2007 just playing on public servers till late 2009 or early 2010 I cant remember... then someone wanted me to join #MLIG and try to pug I don't remember who told me about it.

That was probably early-mid 2010. My first pug I had 16acc 35-38efficiency getting my ass stomped and only getting 40-60 frags per map. All the top players of course got 105+ every game while maintaining almost a 59-65efficiency of average. I won't lie I had my doubts how the hell do I get that good how can I improve that could take years!!... Then I started watching pugs to watch some players and see how they played and where they looked at so I kinda had an idea where I need to be on D or where I need to go on O or what really works on O.

After that I tried different player.ini's and different opengl settings and actually found one that wasn't bad(effen's.ini's swedish player) and that was the end of 2010. In the first league I signed up for I was worth $436 not that bad but not that great either but after trying different ini's and actually finding one I was comfortable with. I then realize how much better you could play with another ini or have the knowledge to make your own perfectly. Then was the task of getting my mouse settings right and have it where I can actually aim in instagib and do 180's with no problem and without being so incosistent and not being able to hit some of the easy/hard shots that was in early-mid 2011. Next #MLIG season starts in May. I kept messing with dpi and sensitivity and finally found something that felt smooth and accurate for me. I drastically improved within a 1-2 month time span learning my mouse speed learning the muscle memory of flick shotting and learning how far it takes to do a 180 and looking up and down keeping the crosshair steady when aiming for someone above me or below me.

My rank was increased to $832 the next season I signed up for compared to $436 that's a pretty nice bump up I then on kept trying different things not anything huge but just small adjustments then I finally tried a different resolution I was using 1024x768 I made alot of nice runs and played really well on it getting atleast 28-33 acc. Then I changed my resolution to 1920x1080 that was a huge jump the way the whole game looked and it changed everything. I could see twice as better characters look really nice and are bigger looking. My aim improved quite a bit now i avg a 34-36acc most of the time. Accuracy doesn't always matter but it does come into play if your a D or O player your more consistent killing people within the first 1-3 shots that helps a lot.

TL : DR - What I really tried to say is it does take time to get good but you have to really try and make your settings perfect it'll take time to learn and really improve if you actually try to pug with better players than play with most of the nooby guys in the public servers. If you can't find a setting you want I'd just do small adjustments here and there and see what works and what needs to be worked on.

Anyway I hope this helps sorry for the huge ass POST. monkey

Very thorough bit of information Unrealshots. I appreciate the time you took to explain your progress in the game over these years. I find it rather interesting that you used to get such few kills and are now one of the very best. I guess I have to tweak my mouse settings some more because sometimes it just moves too fast for me to even hit a steady target. Haha.

Shotman
11-15-2012, 11:00 PM
well for me i approve my acc when i first joined #MLIG my average acc was around 14-18% acc. Then when #MLIG fail and #Ipug started up my acc went up to 22-24% acc. Then when before i left #ipug my acc was around 28-32% acc.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Do you know when kotr3 is going to be?
I Think insta 1v1s help acc a lot.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-16-2012, 12:55 PM
normal weapon nonzp DM helps a lot.

|uK|MiniWick
11-17-2012, 01:54 PM
normal weapon nonzp DM helps a lot.

Nonzp is a big help,

And the video christopher posted, it's a gud vid but the music is lame.. Nice shots

Rope-a-dope
11-20-2012, 09:20 PM
It honestly doesnt take that long to get good. I quit Ut99 back in the early 2000's I didn't have any internet for a awhile, I started back in late 2007 just playing on public servers till late 2009 or early 2010 I cant remember... then someone wanted me to join #MLIG and try to pug I don't remember who told me about it. monkey

it Was IJ`` Beating you on 1v1 and telling you to pug instead of playing pubs since I noticed all your potential !!

Yes, can I take the credit ? =) thx

Just like Shots said, all what u need its a good pay cheat, ok ? ;)

Kidding, but you need a lot of trainning and u need to be open minded to change ur settings and adapt to the best settings available for YOu so you can improve.Also,just follow and ask the best like shots (this apply in everything). (except that he will tell you to play on low details texture instead of high, wich I disagree :P )

monkey
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
"Just like Shots said, all what u need its a good pay cheat, ok ?"

Lol.

I have changed some of my settings and plus my mouse is pretty awesome.

Today someone specced me and said he was sure I was cheating. As I was typing "Take a video of it" he left. Again, earlier someone else said "hmm..." after I killed him a few times mid-air on the map "the eye fix" then went to spec mode and didn't say any anything. I continued playing normally and he still said nothing. This makes me worried that someone is speccing and not drawing any conclusions. Why not just play?

Although I don't and haven't ever cheated, I sometimes worry that I will still be banned because my muscles have built in reactions that move so fast it can be considered to mimic a bot, so I take down my playing a notch or two. Does anyone else do this? You are so worried that people keep calling you a bot you will be banned so you play worse than usual to make people happy. Maybe I shouldn't do that.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-24-2012, 11:19 AM
monkey have you tried other players inis?

You could troll them and say, "you are cheating" or, "how did you find out". Don't worry about being called a bot on combo, players like pixie,I-LOST always call everyone hacks or bots. it depends on the players playing.

Rope-a-dope
11-24-2012, 03:30 PM
When I play I want to RAPE everybody no matter what.

|uK|kenneth
11-24-2012, 05:36 PM
When I play I want to RAPE everybody no matter what.

with cheats or without cheats?

UNrealshots
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Why do you care what people think monkey? It's a public server if your a good player your good It's the same way in Pickup games I've been accused of cheating but hey no evidence no proof no nothing just people get mad when someone is better than them and it's easier for thme to accuse a player of cheating then facing the fact that they are just better than you. Of course there will be people who cheat and sooner or later they will be caught. You don't need to hide it or throttle back just because people think you are a cheater just public noobs. monkey

monkey
11-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Why do you care what people think monkey? It's a public server if your a good player your good It's the same way in Pickup games I've been accused of cheating but hey no evidence no proof no nothing just people get mad when someone is better than them and it's easier for thme to accuse a player of cheating then facing the fact that they are just better than you. Of course there will be people who cheat and sooner or later they will be caught. You don't need to hide it or throttle back just because people think you are a cheater just public noobs. monkey

Thanks Unrealshots. I will try to not hold back. You are right, why should I care what noobs think? I know my limit is not as good as many other people, so if they have to ban me they will have to ban the hundreds of people who are better than me.

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
anyone got the song by PACO :) it was funny

Keith
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
It wasn't me by Shaggy

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
It wasn't me by Shaggy
i meant the video clip they mad with they funny lyrics
i know the original song already :)

!DEAD
12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
keith is seriously bitch :D

Keith
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
?

Shotman
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
nope he is a whore

Keith
12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Fuck you Shotman

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-04-2012, 05:49 PM
i think the above means you love each other dearly?

|uK|Shiva
12-06-2012, 01:11 PM
i think the above means you love each other dearly?

Only the ************s in their mouth make it sound like they are arguing.