PDA

View Full Version : anti idle

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Whats up with it, just been on the combo server got kicked 2 times, for being idle/not spawning for a few seconds, others keep getting kicked also. Even when i am moving around i can here it beeping.

SAM
11-15-2012, 04:00 PM
To stop people standing in one spot comboing. Upped it to 5 seconds from 2 seconds.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-15-2012, 04:01 PM
its horrible i was moving around shooting and got kicked, its far to strict. There was a rocket server i played on last year, it had a mod that turns off damage if you stood still for 1-2 seconds, you then had to move a small amount of distance to enable damage again. Its more to do with the combos being unlimited than the standing still.

Famine
11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
5 seconds might be a good setting for it...but with the severe server lag the past couple of days who knows.

As it is it doesn't seem to take 5 seconds to get warned, all you need to do is stop moving for 1-2 seconds and you get warned.

and what's up with the horrible lag the past couple of days...it's been so bad that at times I can stand still (if the anti idle mod doesnt kick me trying this) and throw out a shock ball and not move and then fire a primary on my shock ball and the primary passes right through the shock ball. Also sometimes I am unable to dodge or throw my grapple due to the lag.

SAM
11-16-2012, 01:43 PM
All our US servers have been under DDoS attacks over the past few days, short bursts as well as long bursts. They are current under attack as we speak...network engineers are aware and working on the issue.

Famine
11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
ahh, that's too bad. Sorry for your inconvenience and I hope you manage to (what's the technical terms?) stop these attacks soon.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-16-2012, 01:55 PM
@ 5 seconds it's good i think.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-16-2012, 08:08 PM
wouldnt surprise me if it was acf getting mad because sovvie doesnt wanna know him

Shotman
11-17-2012, 02:05 AM
well the downside is when i enter the server there is the usual lag of ACE loading up and i for one sit there until the lag is over. Also if you want to type something, teamsay, of where the EFC or FC is or where the enemies are coming from.

|uK|kenneth
11-17-2012, 04:17 AM
the idle is retarded rofl spawnprotection is retarded as well...

SAM
11-17-2012, 08:01 AM
The idle is to stop retards from sitting in one spot comboing. I've witnessed it working very well. Spawn protect for one second is fine and prevents noobs from spawnkilling the crap out of people.

Kenneth when you stop playing lol and start playing on combo you are entitled to make the above comments.

|uK|kenneth
11-17-2012, 08:19 AM
lol well played it yesterday was looking at f1 and fucking hear the sound already its retarded to hear it, even if your typing something....

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Spawn protection isn't very good, players who combo spam spawn points still get huge amount of kills. Also maps like liandri, duku, control ect you go to grab, kill some one, they then spawn then you're killed because you can't kill them.

What if Grabs were worth a few more points(2-3), you can have 30 grabs + 200+ kills, and be nowhere in the score board because defending seems to have lots more points than attacking. This could encourage players to attack more then just camp in their base, also maybe make the players who just play for points so they are on top so they think they are good, also grab more.

I have seen the anti idle kick players that camp.

|uK|kenneth
11-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Spawn protection isn't very good, players who combo spam spawn points still get huge amount of kills. Also maps like liandri, duku, control ect you go to grab, kill some one, they then spawn then you're killed because you can't kill them.

exactly what i mean.

nonstop
11-21-2012, 01:20 AM
The idle is too short and the spawn protection is really annoying when someone spawns next to you and you can't kill them.

UNrealshots
11-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Tell that to the players who LOVE to camp or spawnkill constantly to stop it and their wouldn't need to be spawn protection and anti idle on the server end of story. Just be glad it isn't worse.

SAM
11-21-2012, 03:00 AM
Thanks to dave, you can't grapple hang anymore if you so much as shoot. These changes are going to stay. At least for the foreseeable short term. Everytime I go server someone is 50 frags 20 points or -300.

terminator
11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Why don't u redirect the spawnkillers to some insta DM servers... in the way if they make couple of spawnkills in a row, they get redirected to insta DM server. Problem solved

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-21-2012, 11:58 AM
The anti idle is fine, it can be a pain if you want to change xhair/mouse ect, but you can always do it at the end/start of games.
I found the mod i mentioned in a previous post quote from the read me.
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Mods/&file=AntiCamper-AH2.rar

Description: Built from NBAntiCamper, this anti-camping mutator causes
your bullets to do 0 damage. Once the camper has started
moving again, damage will be restored again. To lessen
the chance of being punished for talking, it will check
to see if you are typing.
Something like that should help loads on the server.

Why don't u redirect the spawnkillers to some insta DM servers... in the way if they make couple of spawnkills in a row, they get redirected to insta DM server. Problem solved
example what will happen on liandri and other maps, if you don't use combos.

Mega Kill!
Player grabbed the flag!
ULTRA KILL!
M O N S T E R K I L L!
Player is on a rampage!
L U D I C R O U S K I L L!
HOLY SHIT!
HOLY SHIT!
Player dropped the flag!
player was kicked for spawn killing!

Flag runners some times have to frag many times(this will include some spawn killing), just to get out of some bases.

SAM
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
No need to redirect anybody. 1 second spawn protect is enough to prevent it while it is still playing. Anti idle is the same. 10 seconds is generous enough. It's ctf not dm. In ctf I don't see why you'd be in one place for more than 10 seconds. If you are carrying flag and hiding you still wouldn't be in same spot for more than 10 seconds since someone will find you.

InfraRed
11-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Is there such a thing as spawn protect vs the orb/combos and not have spawn protect against your normal beam shots? That way, if you're running flags you could kill the guys popping up and protect against spam combo whores at the same time.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Is there such a thing as spawn protect vs the orb/combos and not have spawn protect against your normal beam shots? That way, if you're running flags you could kill the guys popping up and protect against spam combo whores at the same time.
^

Fader
11-23-2012, 04:54 PM
If you guys hate "combo"gib so much why don't you just stay on the ig servers.. lol

the server is fine in it's current state, though the anti camper thing shouldn't apply to FCs

SAM
11-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Agreed about the flag carrier. Will see what can be done about that.

monkey
11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
The spawn protect is fine but Fader is right about it not applying to FCs.

Also, when typing something, it shouldn't kick immediately it should give you maybe 10 seconds instead of 5.

Also, the message that comes up on the screen should be moved to a lower position so it doesn't completely block your view. I'm a flag runner. I get mostly over 15 grabs a game, some games 30 grabs even, so it's not like I'm here to camp, but even for me it's really annoying when you are trying to cover your FC and you can't aim all of a sudden because huge bold letters block you. I'm guessing the thought behind putting it to block the player is to force them to move. But I say, the fact that they are being kicked is enough motivation to move from one spot.

Just keep in mind that these opinions are coming from a flag runner -non camper.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't think i have ever seen and letters on the screen before, saying that i normally have nexgen or console up when idle.
Also i was in spec last night, playing around with crosshair settings, and i watched a player get two godlikes from camping on the side platforms on woot.

Would it be possible to have a more strict anti idle/anti camper on the insta servers?

SAM
11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Can you make separate thread for insta otherwise threads would get confusing quickly