Your first experience on siege [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Your first experience on siege

SAM
11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm posting this so that we can have a greater understanding...

What was your first time like at the siege server? Was it complicated to figure out? Did you find yourself wondering what the hell the cubes were?

I remember the first time I played siege. I couldn't figure out the constructor and I actually wanted someone to explain things to me and teach me to concept of siege. Along came a guy called warchyld. While he was found to be a cheater (afterwards) he taught me a lot about siege and took hours to explain things which really helped me.

Please post your experiences!

Pie
11-24-2012, 10:48 AM
My first time was more spec than playing. I went on and watched what people did in maps before trying my hand.

When I did go in to play my first time, I mostly DM'd and upgraded people's buildings. When I did think I was building something necessary, I ended up being yelled at constantly cause it was a bad item to build or in the wrong place. So, it made it stressful to learn. I honestly didn't fully learn the fundamentals until a walkthrough was posted, and then mostly got myself comfortable on the FH Siege server. I'm not sure I've ever played a full game on here, because people are far mar experienced who play on the uK servers, and it makes the learning curve pretty steep, when not everyone is willing to slow down and help you. At least, that was MY experience. Others may vary.

Moskva
11-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Running with an enforcer in BathroomsEQ1, wasnt that hard to figure out, but then again theres people that have played the same for months now, like it would be rocket science lel

EsKay
11-24-2012, 12:37 PM
First time was confusing to say the least. Joined middle of a game and couldn't figure out how to get better weapons. Saw the translocater thing and it kept making a weird noise whenever I tried to teleport lol, but then the next game started and I saw how there was a supplier and how people build things and slowly caught on. So first game very confusing, after that just took a sense of knowing where to build and what to build to avoid everyone yelling at you for being a n00b

~~D4RR3N~~
11-24-2012, 03:06 PM
First time I played siege... I think map was |uK|Bathrooms (indeed, I think siege was the first thing I played in online UT lol). As many others I was looking for better weapons, and was all confused (Nuke siren, dude, that was stressing xD), plus, all those messages T_T.
Who thaught me? Yaelon, the next day I played for the first time, yaelon in minicivilwar and Some guy called Alexis Sanchez were teaching me, but it wasnt like SAM (hours), it were like 10-20 mins xD I was very confused.
Other thing, I thought that you gained more RU if you repaired the most (so you can imagine me fucking around looking for someone to repair instead of getting weapons.
hmmm... what else, well, if I remember anything else, I'll tell ya.
P.D: Yes, most of my siege learning was alone, never Spec, but OH, I DO remember people calling me a noob, I think one of my first matches know a little more of siege was against three grimreapers (and yet I still only know one yelling noob)

Disturbed//*.
11-24-2012, 03:25 PM
First time i played siege was back in 07 or 08, I was in |FAST|. Sting told me to come to siege sever.
Had no clue what siege was. Sting taught me a lot about siege. He told me to build cont's where they should go.
I remember i would ALWAYS Past containers. So there i was for like 2 minutes clicking through all the selections just to get cont's.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I already had played siege on BR server (siegeXXL2... D, E? i dont remember)

i discovered easy the uk server, but i was mega noob, all br siege players just make leeches for defend lol, on face we always make 10 conts on each side haisuehui, it was normal there

so i got raped on uk, everyone hated me... all brs that played on uk was noob builders... but i was already good on DM, i had a good aim.

i leave the siege and just played DM on br servers, i become a good player there and when the Terra server died, i back to siege (RC7 i think).

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-24-2012, 04:54 PM
my stories too long to tell lmao

audiosonic
11-24-2012, 05:30 PM
First time I played I was owning noobs left and right, nuking their core 10x at least. Only to find out months later that it was freebuild jejejeje.

After that legendary match I played another game where I went on a removing spree because everything was in my way, probably got kicked out I'm not even remember, but those were the good times.

SogeKing
11-24-2012, 05:54 PM
1st time playing Siege I removed a Supplier and/or Super Supplier Got banned by a douche named Spongebob.

Didn't return to siege for more than a year...Then SAM came to BLS forums looking for Rob (He needed his Files for the "New" combo server he was making)...SAM invited all BLS to play Siege.

2 years later I became the greatest Nuker the world of siege has ever seen...

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-24-2012, 06:20 PM

2nd

Krikor
11-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Was playing a random BathroomsEQ1 map full server and i kept wondering what the hell was everything like the cubes and the explosions and i didnt know how to get weapons, i figured i could get them killing other people so i would go mid with 16 guys around me fighting each other using enforcer to kill one with 150/150 lol

Almost got kicked in that map, had a lot of vote kicks on me lol

Muffin
11-25-2012, 10:09 AM
I saw some people I knew from HoF on RoseBum once so I just joined. The map was 5 bridges and I remember seeing all these glowing boxes everywhere like "wtf this isnt RX". I quickly caught on to what a supplier was and tested out some of the buildings. I remember thinking the nuke was supposed to magically fly itself to the enemy core so I just ended up shooting it and watching it flying into walls not even killing anybody, lol.

|uK|kenneth
11-25-2012, 10:21 AM
yeah i started playing siege on the rosebum server but after a while they banned me for multigunning rofl.

|uK|Chronox
11-25-2012, 12:31 PM
My first time D//: ?

..Oh Siege..

Ok it was many years ago when nOs* server was number 1 with the never-get-boring Siege XLLe.

It was a bit confusing but itnriging and LOT OF FUN ! :D

Now it is boring lol.

Krikor
11-25-2012, 12:34 PM
HELLO CHRONOX? Lol

Cella
11-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I didnt know how to upgrade stuff etc, and got yelled at grim for most of the time on mcswartzly.. that pretty much it ;p

terminator
11-25-2012, 01:30 PM
I did no much troubles though. Making normal warheads (which got killed easily and i was surprised how), then making invincible warheads
and shooting them from my base (believing they really ARE INVINCIBLE) and was rather surprised when someone shot'em down in air (did it lot of times till i realised it's not that smart :P)

btw first siege match i played was at 2006 (pug match by invitation) and then i had a long time break and i was back at around end of 2010 (??) so i was
a complete noob considering siege at that time

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
i think almost everyone was hated on 1st game, the problem of siege is what a noob really fuck the game, it dont happen on DM or CTF for fun

A^3
11-25-2012, 02:30 PM
If I remember right, a couple of WINGS members asked me to try siege out a few years ago. I hated it for awhile but eventually learned and began to like it. I didnt know then, that I would become the #1 ranked siege player in all of UT.

~~D4RR3N~~
11-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I did no much troubles though. Making normal warheads (which got killed easily and i was surprised how), then making invincible warheads
and shooting them from my base (believing they really ARE INVINCIBLE) and was rather surprised when someone shot'em down in air (did it lot of times till i realised it's not that smart :P)

btw first siege match i played was at 2006 (pug match by invitation) and then i had a long time break and i was back at around end of 2010 (??) so i was
a complete noob considering siege at that time
Oh yeah, also made lost a lot of warheads and raging because I thought my team removed them xDDDD
And yeah, also more than 10000 RU and time wasted on invincible nukes, I always went to the core room and shot them (obv second fire lol xD), and raged when somebody took them down :/ It took me like 4-5 months to realize they're called invincibles because can't be destroyed easily...
Oh, and like my first 7 aprox. nuking experiences, I only went with a lame ShieldBelt (Not even boots), so let's add other... 14000 RU wasted??? xDDDD

Banny
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh yes i remember my first day on siege. map was uK-minicivilwar. I didn't even know where people were getting the weapons from. someone said supplier but u know supplier is built inside the building (LEL). So i ended up picking the weapons from the floor. The nuke spam at the base was a major problem coz i didn't even know how to get weapons + i kept losing the weapon that i picked from the floor.

^

|uK|fleecey
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I started the first time at the rb server with the old siege, not sure how i then figure it out.. I just remember i thought siege was shit and didn't understand how people could play it.. too long and to much to do! :P then i found uk siege server and i was like, fine.. i will give it a try and see what this mod is about.. remember it was blackriver and i build a sc to block core completely.. then people started to say kick fleece (or whatever name i was using) and i asked why? they couldn't get in or out from core.. so then i understood i should remove it and i did.. but after a while i figure it all out and it became alot fun to play siege :D

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
i remember when i started to play on uk, had the Killer Protector, Stealth, Factory... kkkkk
that itens was meeega overpowered, thankfully that all are not on current siege

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
If I remember right, a couple of WINGS members asked me to try siege out a few years ago. I hated it for awhile but eventually learned and began to like it. I didnt know then, that I would become the #1 ranked siege player in all of UT.

please tell me you were high when you wrote this otherwise this will look much worse on you

A^3
11-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Obviously joking.

Chamberly
11-26-2012, 06:17 PM
1st map I don't remember the name of it but it's an outdoor with a few base building with trees and a river... cross pathway to the otherside. I just stand around watching other people for a bit and saw they were picking up weapons from the supplier and I was standing in it longer (didn't know that it was not multi-user supported) and someone told me to "move jackass" lol. Then I just went killing people, and shooting the other base core... was in middle of a game and left it. Then later a friend invited me and it was one of the uK bathroom map and he was showing me around since it was forever since I know what was there to play so we just pick up some stuffs and went on a killing spree trying to get to the other base. lol. next series coming up... (probably just spec lol)

I found the server when I remember playing at the |uK| iCTF server & BT later. Still in my favorite, I look over it sometimes to see who there.

The first time I heard about siege was a guy was going by Sniper and was about 11 yrs old last year in the Winter season when I been playing on a ZSZ sniper camping server. The guy was like "I can beat you guys on siege" and stuff... lol.

SAM
11-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Obviously joking.

What a terrible joke. You musn't joke that way cos he's the best.

1st map I don't remember the name of it but it's an outdoor with a few base building with trees and a river... cross pathway to the otherside. I just stand around watching other people for a bit and saw they were picking up weapons from the supplier and I was standing in it longer (didn't know that it was not multi-user supported) and someone told me to "move jackass" lol. Then I just went killing people, and shooting the other base core... was in middle of a game and left it. Then later a friend invited me and it was one of the uK bathroom map and he was showing me around since it was forever since I know what was there to play so we just pick up some stuffs and went on a killing spree trying to get to the other base. lol. next series coming up... (probably just spec lol)

I found the server when I remember playing at the |uK| iCTF server & BT later. Still in my favorite, I look over it sometimes to see who there.

The first time I heard about siege was a guy was going by Sniper and was about 11 yrs old last year in the Winter season when I been playing on a ZSZ sniper camping server. The guy was like "I can beat you guys on siege" and stuff... lol.

So basically it took your three times after giving up to come back and actually play with us?

|uK|Shiva
11-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I was born with siege skillz..... only realized them when I played it in the first ever version released by Badger on the Au servers. ;):deadhorse:

Only guy to fuck everyone up with a 300 ping!

|uK|chiseller
11-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I used to play settlers, starcraft and shit with some ctf chaps like noggin. Someone then discovered siege and we started to play our own pugs. I got hooked up really bad and played on the old nOs server all the time. Good times
There was some guy from India, jesus he sucked balls (literally). I think he moved to the states years later.

SAM
11-26-2012, 07:18 PM
I used to play settlers, starcraft and shit with some ctf chaps like noggin. Someone then discovered siege and we started to play our own pugs. I got hooked up really bad and played on the old nOs server all the time. Good times
There was some guy from India, jesus he sucked balls (literally). I think he moved to the states years later.

after that chis decided to have a one night stand (what a slut) and he raped us on ....you guessed it. Niven. And then he met fleece and he lived happily ever after. The end.

damic
11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
My first time ... SIEGE it was a shock to me ... I remember run around the map (dont remember which map) with an enforcer and was looking for weapons xD... problem was: weapons were not there :D I didn't know where to get a weapons... and I thought: "why do they shoot the cubes?" LOL :D... I tried to collect them ... but it was not possible :( heheheh

Song for you mate :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIklClFI44

Chamberly
11-26-2012, 09:11 PM
So basically it took your three times after giving up to come back and actually play with us?

Well 1 thing, it take couple of time to learn the game and rules and stuffs (imo it's a whole different ballgame a bit)... so I rather do it slowly. 2nd thing... I'm tied up to do other things that take up my times quite often... also it's not that I "give up" I was giving it a try. Some peoples bug me to play with them. It don't stop. lol.

So I'm trying to be safe here, I see a lot of kick/ban upon siege game so I don't want to be a part of them.

kron
11-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Picked up a sniper and raped.
Nuked core successfully.
Been the MVP of siege forever now.

Neff
11-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Couldn't tell when or what version all I know is it was before SiegeXXL, someone had built walls of containers on both sides and after finding a supplier and figuring out to upgrade it, I eventually moved on to building warheads in plain sight and trying to blow up the walls of containers.

Didn't save it as a favorite and due to UT99 being alive at the time I didn't find a Siege server again for a while. It wasn't until I played again that I realized there were cores and you were supposed to kill them.

Could have been a few years or months later, I really don't know. In 2008 I found a group of Nos Siege Servers and |uK| One Night Stand. At the time the NoS servers were more popular but that didn't last long |uK| had placed freebuild in their mapvote which helped me learn to use all of the builds. :)

CrashingCami
11-27-2012, 12:46 AM
I discovered Siege about 5 months ago, it was then when @.se\/ered.][ taught me about it, he was even developing a siege guide in spanish for latinos :3 I'm a slow learner when it comes to be games, but if it wasnt for him I wouldn´t of get a thing about Siege

Then Krikor, Moskva and Uchi taught me a lot more :3

Thanks all :D most of you ppl have taught me!!!

Crsk
11-27-2012, 02:06 AM
i remember many things like me trying to understand why people are jumping like retards saying "up me" xD i also remember my first games (month) getting raped by AnA and Itchy_Balls in FunHouse Siege Xtreme server, now i feel a big orgasm when i'm raping them both, it is so exciting! (:

|uK|Rays
11-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I remember playing with some old {WINGS} members on their teamspeak, more specifically we would make fun of A^3 for not knowing how to build anything and making nukes at like 5 minutes into a game. I picked up the basics pretty fast back then since the pub server had some great regular players on it back then, Shiva/Blaze/Chis at their prime. Played siege off and on, hated siege xtreme and played RB siege when it first came up, but that quickly went to shit as well. Today I just play to be a general bastard and spam binds, and to remind Blaze that he's a wanker.

|uK|Shiva
11-27-2012, 12:58 PM

I remember being kicked from the nOs server back then by Snakeyes for having a high ping and lagging others roflmao.... servers back then were literally shit. Couldnt handle high pingers.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-27-2012, 06:10 PM

HAHAHAHAH

SAM
11-27-2012, 06:37 PM
I remember being kicked from the nOs server back then by Snakeyes for having a high ping and lagging others roflmao.... servers back then were literally shit. Couldnt handle high pingers.

Could not have been that bad....considering even 'back then' our server could handle it no problems!

OT: still waiting to hear other people's experiences!

noggieB
11-27-2012, 08:44 PM
My first game was on a big weird map. Fortunately nobody else had a clue what to do either, so the game didn't end too dramatically.

Through discussion with buddies (mostly CTF players trying out siege) we learned what's good and what's not. Still it took a while ... in an early pug I remember fighting with one of the coRe guys. His position was "I'd rather they spam my big wall of containers, than get into base and spam our core". :)

Eventually Golyat learned how to quickly kill games with mortars on the core ... what a lamer!

I guess Siege could really use some in-game instructions. Well the ServerAds cover the basics at least. The fact that one noob or one lamer can kill a team by camping the sup, is kinda a long-standing bug imo!

terminator
11-27-2012, 10:09 PM
My first game was on a big weird map. Fortunately nobody else had a clue what to do either, so the game didn't end too dramatically.

Through discussion with buddies (mostly CTF players trying out siege) we learned what's good and what's not. Still it took a while ... in an early pug I remember fighting with one of the coRe guys. His position was "I'd rather they spam my big wall of containers, than get into base and spam our core". :)

Eventually Golyat learned how to quickly kill games with mortars on the core ... what a lamer!

I guess Siege could really use some in-game instructions. Well the ServerAds cover the basics at least. The fact that one noob or one lamer can kill a team by camping the sup, is kinda a long-standing bug imo!

I remember i played my first siege match (pug actually if i remember good, still have screen on PC somewhere) with you lol. Back then when Golyat was active

Higor
11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Specing for a couple of minutes...
Private message from .se\/ered.][...

audiosonic
11-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Awww, that's a cute love story.

|uK|kenneth
11-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Specing for a couple of minutes...
Private message from .se\/ered][...

sure...

SAM
11-30-2012, 06:08 PM
sure...

That is actually exactly what happens. Sev you stalker.

.seVered.][
12-07-2012, 05:13 AM
That is actually exactly what happens. Sev you stalker.

Actually, during my first few weeks/months/years. of Moderating (aka STALKING) ...i did 'attempt' to educate and 'inform' some players before just kicking them or banning them... which is alot like stalking. I still make an honest attempt to get them to talk to me before I resort to the BanHammer!

Wait ..what are we talking about? I don't see the post this message came from...

Moko
12-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm posting this so that we can have a greater understanding...

What was your first time like at the siege server? Was it complicated to figure out? Did you find yourself wondering what the heck the cubes were?

That! LOL

I first found the server thanks to Moskva who had another name at the time, he gave me the combo server IP and somehow Siege auto faved in my favorites *Glares at SAM*...
So I joined and was like...What, the heck, is that?! (Map was BadNeighbors)
When I got there I found people I knew from a wile before, CoD|T3RM!N@T0R, BLS'Mattie, Hector, Kron, Draxakor (if this is spelled wrong tell him not to smack me, Moskva. lol)...
I remember I laid in the supplier once because I wanted to give them more room, I didn't know only one person at a time could get ammo...To which I was called a w****, an Drax wanted blood but anyway.. I had a "teacher" who taught me almost zero, others offered but I wouldn't let them because I wanted him to do it, then he dropped me saying I was in a dream world for thinking he'd help me, but oh well. I learned bits and pieces from people (Termi and Grim aim (Areku taught me a trick in aim too), JD showed me some stuff, MAL taught me what conts and Core was for [after about 6 months of me playing I never knew why I had those lol],(and moving combos he tried to help me ), Moskva tried to teach me nuking but I didn't do too well. XD) and stuff by my self...A lot but I'm happy any1 taught me anything. lol :D

Running with an enforcer in BathroomsEQ1, wasnt that hard to figure out, but then again theres people that have played the same for months now, like it would be rocket science

LOL, you did better than me. xD

SAM
12-07-2012, 03:54 PM
*Glares at SAM*...
:cow:

terminator
12-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Moko used to be brave with nukes as i remember long time ago!
Now it's different :( :'(

ZodiaK
12-08-2012, 07:57 AM
http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u424/jettm93/computer_dog-300x217.jpg

I can't remember the 1st map I've ever played but pretty much went like that.^ Fleece was there and told me to make some containers to which I replied something like "wtf is a container?"
I remember being boosted from one building to another which I ended up leaving craters. lol
I was speccing and got a pm from severed insisting I read up on siege basics which helped a lot. I still don't build much on account of people raging if I build it in the wrong spot. So a majority of the time I'll sit in spec and watch the really good players and try to catch on.

!DEAD
12-08-2012, 09:29 AM
my first map on siege it Kanjar and was leech lol

damic
12-10-2012, 01:49 PM

emotion ;o

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-17-2012, 01:38 AM

this explains a lot

|uK|kenneth
12-17-2012, 06:26 AM
AdRiaN;47398']this explains a lot

rofl

SAM
12-17-2012, 06:19 PM
The worst leech map would be something like bathrooms...

BONZ
01-24-2013, 11:26 AM
My first ever map was BlackRiverUltimate. I saw that my team all wanted to run into the Supplier, so I camped inside it with a piston and got kicked after an angry guy with a bio rifle told me to 'EAT THEIR SLUDGE'. The second time I entered I decided that it looked like a pretty complex and cool game, so I behaved myself and did a lot of observing. After a while of playing carefully with builds I bumped into Severed, who showed me the guide to Siege.

Some of the most useful facts I've picked up, about leeching and builds, have been from these forums. For instance I didn't know that Forcefields and Minishields aren't effective leeches until recently. It's given me some ideas about alternative setups on popular maps, one of them being simplex

Keith
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
First time I played siege I didn't knew what to do so I was just fragging around (hasn't changed much though)

SAM
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
so I camped inside it with a piston and got kicked after an angry guy with a bio rifle told me to 'EAT THEIR SLUDGE'

LOL this really made me chuckle....siege makes people RAGE SO MUCH :rugby:

deluxeorgasm
07-19-2014, 11:18 AM
When I first tried to played siege I didn't know anything it just seemed to be complicated, used to play mostly dm and ctf. People were very rude to me on my first uk match because I wasted my ru lol, fleece taught me things and I've also learnt many things by noticing other players tactics :D

Shiro
07-22-2014, 12:04 AM
containers use to repair the core . thats what i tought. got kicked like 5 times by kenneth and blaze :(

[R]^Osyris
07-26-2014, 10:58 AM
The first time I played siege was on server nOs my old clan. Was a prototype and private game, we play leech game with Badger and Snake~Eyes and anothers clan members. Map face.

I was low grav player on server 101 and the experience was amazing the possibilities of game and tactic. Bla bla bla

I really miss snake eyea =(

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-26-2014, 01:08 PM
I miss owning and playing with snake~eyes, sentinel and other nos members was always fun and used to be half a decent challenge with them nowadays its so easy its unbearable :combo::excitedj::zpmini:;)

i_remember_my
07-26-2014, 10:00 PM
my thing was totally out of this world, it all started when unreal was so boring, the games were always the same ctf, dm, etc. until you see the button that said amount of players, I awoke curiosity and appeared that famous server-one night stand-waiting for something new, finished waiting more than 1 hour to finish downloading many files until suddenly between, was in blackriver and saw those cubes, circles rare and said wtf, I thought it was the texture map or something, did not understand anything, then squeezing all the numbers I said back wtf, the translocator was the number zero, and very weighed, gave him click with the intention to leave the module, and the sound was heard, giving both here and seeing that nothing happened, I wondered where the hell are the guns, and I saw those crazy together on the ball, I see I put on the ball snugly other and forget and I started to like it as carrying weapons, then went back to see which weapon to zero, playing all click until I suddenly something appears, was the hub , had gotten the cube anywhere, and very annoying others shooting at me, saying things in English, did not understand English very well, until they kicked me, and from that day I began to understand everything, thank higor that i found me in unrealkiller web site by chance and was connected directly asked him to teach me about the builder, so kind and explain me everything chamberly know i was with the two, that you see, from that moment not vitiate stop lol.