lag and packet loss [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : lag and packet loss

damic
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi...

I have a problem... I don't know why but in UK morning server, several days i had a lag (ping 270) and 8-10% PL...
I didn't change anything in the settings of my computer ... I use a router ...
I never had a problem with the internet ...
I have internet 2 mb..
Only on this server i have a problem :( i can't normal pugging :(

Please help me...

UcHiHa
11-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi...

I have a problem... I don't know why but in UK morning several days i had a lag (ping 270) and 8-10% PL...
I didn't change anything in the settings of my computer ... I use a router ...
I never had a problem with the internet ...
I have internet 2 mb..
Only on this server i have a problem :( i can't normal pugging :(

Please help me...

Apart from uk morning after server, than all knows latinos lag like crazy. i have something = but on public.

I dont know why, but public has like a problem i think with provider. Because the lag problems are only for certain time, most of time i have my usually 150 ping, but when it crashes its laggying like 6-7 hours. And after the 6-7 hours server works fine again, at least that to me.

PD: when server is laggy i have 250-300 ping.

DANGERBOY
11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I have better ping on pug server, on public i have laggy, idk why....

SAM
11-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Whenever you have packetloss or ping issues, you need to complete a trace route to the servers at that moment in time.

Open command prompt and type
tracert 75.102.40.198

Without it I can't help you and without it network engineers will not even look at the issue.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Apart from uk morning after server, than all knows latinos lag like crazy. i have something = but on public.

I dont know why, but public has like a problem i think with provider. Because the lag problems are only for certain time, most of time i have my usually 150 ping, but when it crashes its laggying like 6-7 hours. And after the 6-7 hours server works fine again, at least that to me.

you just described the typical traffic shaping INTERNET PROVIDERS DO to everyone.

what you just described is not server side its your internet at that given time in that peak zone period of internet usage!

damic
11-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Whenever you have packetloss or ping issues, you need to complete a trace route to the servers at that moment in time.

Open command prompt and type
tracert 75.102.40.198

Without it I can't help you and without it network engineers will not even look at the issue.

Ok, i send pm to you.

UcHiHa
11-26-2012, 06:27 PM
you just described the typical traffic shaping INTERNET PROVIDERS DO to everyone.

what you just described is not server side its your internet at that given time in that peak zone period of internet usage!

Yeah i know, but the funny part of it, is than this started 5 days ago. And starts after server crash ( after a few hours ) when server crash again ( like 2 or 3 hours of normaly game ) It crash again giving me and like 30% of players normal pings again.

I can make a video if u want.

I dont have problems with uk pug server, i know we always lag there. But in public is first time. It comes every time server crashes.

SAM
11-26-2012, 06:34 PM
np, remember don't just complain about lag. the first step to fixing (if it is a network issues) is to provide a tracert.

UcHiHa
11-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I will post it here. Ping for moment its ok. As soon gets with 250 i'm gonna make the tracert

!DEAD
11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
im not have problems with ping :P

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-27-2012, 11:11 AM

yes, my normal ping on pug and public server is 190-220, but sometimes i get ping 300 on pug, and 400... 1500!! (+) on public, but on public it almost never happens, 1 time in 15 days...

i already posted my tracert of pub mouths ago, and the lag problem happened with less frequency after this. But now i'm getting a differente lag (i did not get 1500 of ping when i did this)

UcHiHa
11-29-2012, 12:14 PM
one is my normal ping (most of time )
Imageshack - screenshot013a.png (http://imageshack.us/f/96/screenshot013a.png/)

And this happened today, 5 times ¬¬

Imageshack - screenshot015dr.png (http://imageshack.us/f/40/screenshot015dr.png/)

500 ping for 20 or 30 sec, like 5 or 6 times everytime i play.