PDA

View Full Version : MLSG III :: MLSG Version

SilverWing
12-06-2012, 02:47 AM
So I just want to here you opinion on what you guys think about the new Siege Version. I only want opinion from the people who have signed up for the season. This post is just to understand how you guys feel about the changes that have been made. MLSG is here to make games more competitive and still keeping the game concept intact.

Do you guys find it more challenging?

Do you like the changes?

Do you find easier or harder to nuke?

Do you find it easier or harder to take down nukes?

DO YOU SEE MORE TEAMWORK ORIENTED SKILL INVOLVED IN THIS VERSION?

What changes would like to see? (As mine tweaks or translocator range tweaks)

SilverWing
12-06-2012, 02:57 AM
Yes, I find it challenging because the game is a little bit more harder to defend and attack without OP buildings that change the game in seconds.

Do you like the changes?
Yes, I find the changes to be more competitive.

It is harder to nuke, I don't know if its just because i'm rusty or it's because I have 5 people trying to spot the nuker.

It's hard, but it can be done. With good teamwork and communication a team can spot a nuker. If teamwork is good people can predict when someone is nuking. One way is to see if there is a change in pace of the enemy attack. You can go with your gut and sense that they are coming or not. Another way to spot nukers is if you shot them and they run back you can tell something is up ( it might be a nuker, or it might be a flamer). There are a lot of way to spot nukers and it can be done easily without a Nuke Siren, JUST NEED TEAMWORK!

Siege is about teamwork and that what it should surrounded by. I have seen more team work, more organized attacks when nuking and taking control of certain areas in the map.

Translocator needs to be nerfed a little more, also the Rocket Cannons

A^3
12-06-2012, 05:24 AM
I think the changes suck. It seems only a few are making all the changes for the rest of us without any discussion.

Siege shouldn't just be about nuking. You've basically limited all gameplay to nuking. You can't defend anymore against it. There's no mines, nuke siren left. You're left with super pros and a few lucky mines. Everything should have remained the same from Mlsg 2. I don't think any league of legend bitch should have any say on how siege should be played. The rest of us have been paying siege all this time with the regular settings.

Keith
12-06-2012, 06:43 AM
I feel like the new Siege version is more based on offense. All the useful buildings that helps the defense are now gone, the mine limit is ridiculously low so if you don't have 1337 aim anyone can pass through the base...

I honestly don't really see how hard it is to nuke now considering there is no more nuke siren and quite low mine limit. You can nuke by surprise now.

I've been always defending at games, attacking is definitely not my thing...

It might be harder for the defense but way easier for the offense players. Looks unbalanced to me...

I still don't get why we should sacrifice useful buildings like nuke siren for stupid weapons like ape cannon.

terminator
12-06-2012, 09:27 AM
I agree with silverwing only here and for all of these changes (didn't try rocket bombs though).
Siege used to be a game without nuke siren. It's not all about nuking but fact is that it was highly important weapon in order to finish most of the siege matches.
I'd let it stay the same. Mine limit as well.
No need to spam the mines, just place at right spots and defenders will do their job by being careful with a little help of mines.

|uK|Dem`
12-06-2012, 10:27 AM
changes are good imo, but i do understand what DA is talking about, bc like 90% of the defenders on the league only can kill with mines and hiding behind the super protectors.
All we need is implement the substitute of nuke siren to help defenders (higor's idea).

|uK|kenneth
12-06-2012, 10:35 AM
No/No/Easier/Harder/No/ changes? just put Everything back as it was.

kron
12-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I understand you all believe that defense is placing mines everywhere and hoping you get lucky.
NO
Defense should require skill. If you don't like it, then go to pub. There you can play with all the mines and nuke sirens you want. HF.
We are making it more pro, if you can't deal with that then I'm sorry yo.

|uK|Rays
12-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I think the changes suck. It seems only a few are making all the changes for the rest of us without any discussion.

Siege shouldn't just be about nuking. You've basically limited all gameplay to nuking. You can't defend anymore against it. There's no mines, nuke siren left. You're left with super pros and a few lucky mines. Everything should have remained the same from Mlsg 2. I don't think any league of legend bitch should have any say on how siege should be played. The rest of us have been paying siege all this time with the regular settings.

Maybe it's time to play offense now :highly_amused:

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-06-2012, 04:30 PM

not really, i still think would be good put the siren back, but costing 2500

Do you like the changes?

better than the previous, but it's not perfect yet

easier! trans lv3 is not problem, the previous lv5 was overpowered, but know we saw that never was needed up trans to 5 for nuke with it

harder

YES!
that's the best part of this version, without siren the defenders must be aware for trans/speed/boots sound and say for everyone using the TS

siren back, with 2500 RU and lower active range, speed with time limit, SMs and Mines giving the classic bonus kill ru, not this overpowered current one, mine limit to 10 (i think now it's 8 by team)

Coll@
12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
how to sign out ?

kron
12-06-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd like everyone complaining to kindly explain WHY the nuke siren should be brought back?
So that you all can stand by your base spamming combos trying to kill the nuker? That's not siege that's idiocy.
We are making siege more competitive, more team-based, more professional.
If you can't handle the changes, please follow Coll@ out the door straight back to the pub server with Alejiji where you can all spam your combos.

Without the nuke siren, siege implements TEAMWORK and PROFESSION. Defenders now have to be aware of sounds such as speed, trans, builds, etc. Not only that, but defenders also have to be more than just sniper whores because they never know when a nuker is coming. It is imperative that the team has people who can use mics because they will be able to call out nukers. Sorry nomic all-stars, but you might not flourish as you usually do because you won't be able to call out people like the mic people do. Not only that, but it also brings out a defenders INSTINCT with being able to sense when a nuke run should be coming and when to pull out the shock to kill or when to snipe to kill.

If you can't keep up with the devolution of siege, I'm so sorry. Stick to public, you'll be an all-star there.

Shotman
12-06-2012, 07:01 PM
adrian on the other topic you wanted nuke siren out now on this post you want it in? make up your mind. done

Also i believe changes weren't done by a few people, a lot of people wanted the classic siege so they tried this. Also how can you not tell when there is nuker coming in? You hear the noise when someone build a nuke, you press f1, oh look blaze made a nuke kill him as much as possible until it says "Blaze was carrying a nuke." Also place your mines wisely where the enemy can't tell they are there and where an enemy mostly stands. I don't think it is a big change, you are pretty much playing siege the same just without a few items (NS, i don't know if EMP and/or Neutron are gone) and a mine limit, which isn't that much but if your defense depends on those, well too bad.

|uK|Rays
12-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Good points and all, but everyone should remember this is still a beta version. I love how people instantly want to drop out at any sign of change. We have the rest of this month to fine tune things. Your feedback means nothing if all you do is cry at every turn, it's going to take more than one or two pugs to get the feel of the changes if you aren't a top player, deal with it.

kron
12-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Less tears please.

|uK|chiseller
12-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Yes.

Do you like the changes?
Yes, it brings back the level of surprise that was gone when the nuke siren was introduced. It also rewards those who are more aware of the game.
Basically, it adds a bit more complexity to it and it's a refreshing change.

Easier.

Harder.

Yes.

Bring back supplier X.
Up the super supplier/health cost.
Remove supplier protection.
Limit translocator to level 2/3.

terminator
12-07-2012, 09:02 AM
We don't need a nuke siren. Kron made a good point.. it sux that players are actually staying in base once they hear alarm, spamming the shock combos and one might be the lucky one to catch that warhead..
and then u can hear assing about how warhead is down when it actually took no skill but just spamming with the shock rifle.

This just requires a bit more skill, bit more of being careful. Watching out on some suspicious movements of certain players or generally on opponent team.
And it requires teamwork!

|uK|kenneth
12-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I'd like everyone complaining to kindly explain WHY the nuke siren should be brought back?
So that you all can stand by your base spamming combos trying to kill the nuker? That's not siege that's idiocy.

says the one that almost never played old siege.

TDNConvict
12-07-2012, 10:32 AM
lol I have to commment on this thread... I don't think you guys really think things through before you make changes

do I care about the new changes to the nuke siren - no
do I think there should be a mine limit - no

you guys are one dimensional - personally I think the nuke siren should be kept but make it so that the range is severely lessened - make the range very small - butchered for example is going to be so easy to nuke on lol just come around corner and your there to nuke - was hardly enough time even when there was a siren - lets be honest here the caliber of players in siege is pretty bad... lot of people need a crutch. Before you could wear down a team by grabbing a nuke and letting the rest of your team push up. Allowing them to make other team waste ru on mines and pickup ru by having 4/5 member of your team attack buildings for a few mins while you held back triggering nuke siren. Maybe i'm just way ahead of everyone else but stalling with nuke was a tactic that is gone now.

Doesn't really matter to me either way just making it easier for me to rape. Most maps all your going to need is decent comms/tele to nuke - won't even need boots lol - Personally I think offense was pretty easy even with more mines and an overpowered nuke siren.. going to be pretty ridiculous now with 8 mine limit and no siren/emp. imo teles will be overpowered now

if the caliber of players was better i'd be all for all the changes - but I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves

|uK|kenneth
12-07-2012, 10:36 AM
like i said already remove everything, just keep the suplier and container

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-07-2012, 10:44 AM
adrian on the other topic you wanted nuke siren out now on this post you want it in? make up your mind. done
because now i know how is play without siren ape

btw i still want siren back only if it get new value and lower raidius

terminator
12-07-2012, 01:28 PM
like i said already remove everything, just keep the suplier and container
Then why don't u find this more challenging and want everything to be back???
I like that post although it makes no sense since in 1 post u claim u want only supplier and container (pardon me, suplier :P)
and on a post before u request a nuke siren and no mine limit...
I guess i'm not the only one confused but ok.

|uK|kenneth
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
i said that because it fucked up already common wouldnt it be fun just a suplier and some containers lets give it a limit of 8?..

Moko
12-07-2012, 02:52 PM

Siege shouldn't just be about nuking. You've basically limited all gameplay to nuking. You can't defend anymore against it. There's no mines, nuke siren left. You're left with super pros and a few lucky mines. Everything should have remained the same from Mlsg 2.
What's all this about no mines left.
What's the mine limit now? -.-

Some1 point me to the right thread to tell me changes I forgot where it was.

After I read it and cry I'll give my unwanted opinion.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I understand you all believe that defense is placing mines everywhere and hoping you get lucky.
NO
Defense should require skill. If you don't like it, then go to pub. There you can play with all the mines and nuke sirens you want. HF.
We are making it more pro, if you can't deal with that then I'm sorry yo.

you probably havent even played a pug with xxl2g siege running so please dont talk like you know how basic siege works

i'd just like to say these changes may be hard for those who have only ever played xtreme siege upwards but old siege really is the best siege games you will ever get in MLSG games, just pug a few times see how it is I mean its not even xxl2 siege it still has powerups and other useful stuff in the inventory. Dont whine before you at least try playing several pugs

kron
12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Blaze >;(

TDNConvict
12-07-2012, 11:45 PM
rofl did you guys not see my post on this already?

blaze buddy, the caliber of players isn't strong enough to support what you guys are trying to do.. I guess i'm the only one who realizes that

A^3
12-08-2012, 05:03 AM
Maybe it's time to play offense now :highly_amused:

I have played a few pugs on offense and rarely had difficult cause I know where the defenders mine, sp etc. With no nuke siren, 8 mine limit it should be easy as cake. Rays sucks at offense and is a defensive player. He's a good sniper but can't build or nuke for shit. I may be lower but I can D or O. It's sucks that I can't make it every week so keep me as a free agent. Even with the limitations, no mic, I'm still knowledgeable then most out there.

I think MLSG 3 admins where scared of my d, they had to change everything to help them out.

Banny
12-08-2012, 05:16 AM
One tip : Higor Is it possible to add a mine count just like jump boots so the team players get to know how many mines can we build more else everyone would end up wasting mines in silly spots

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-08-2012, 10:16 AM
the whole point of going back to basics but still using some features of ultimate is to bring out more qualities as a player in everyone, once some people get used to not relying on a nuke siren, they will become more aware of whats around them, cos seriously right now all of you have so many aids to help detect enemies you might as well just walk around with a radar. the whole point is to make games tighter and teams play more cautiously or just go all out and put as much pressure as possible from the beginning

|uK|Rays
12-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I have played a few pugs on offense and rarely had difficult cause I know where the defenders mine, sp etc. With no nuke siren, 8 mine limit it should be easy as cake. Rays sucks at offense and is a defensive player. He's a good sniper but can't build or nuke for shit. I may be lower but I can D or O. It's sucks that I can't make it every week so keep me as a free agent. Even with the limitations, no mic, I'm still knowledgeable then most out there.

I think MLSG 3 admins where scared of my d, they had to change everything to help them out.

hahahah dude I have no problems playing offense. If more people could do what I can do on defense then I would play a lot more offense, simple as that. I bet those pugs you played had some real all-stars in it as well. The point about the mine/nuke siren changes is to make defending a more valuable position. Be glad the other admins didn't like my idea of having only 4 mines on the field at one time, because then you would have really been worthless. Convict might be right about our caliber of players but if anything the changes we make can help develop some people into better overall players.

Higor
12-08-2012, 04:25 PM
One tip : Higor Is it possible to add a mine count just like jump boots so the team players get to know how many mines can we build more else everyone would end up wasting mines in silly spots

I added that code on RC14, the management found it inappropiate so I had to remove it.

Neff
12-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Siegexxl was more attack oriented and way more intense,

Attacking buidings is the fastest way to get ru, and in SiegeXXL it was easier to destroy buildings. Matches would go back and forth more rapidly as one team was being Sieged while the other defended and rebuilt. Tele's and Super Boosters were used more often, and killing the enemies while building your own was a great way to change momentum.

Seeing as the number of post Extreame & Ultimate players greatly outnumbers those that were actually around for Siegexxl I don't blame them for not discussing and polling amoung the players until now.

You guys got to trust them and at least try it out MLSG III is going to require a lot more teamwork, and could be a lot more intense.

My Opinion:

Siege Ultimate Vs. SiegeXXL (Simliar to what will be used in MSLG III)

- Ultimate specific buildings make it harder to attack. (unless EMP or Trans. is in use)
- Ultimate specific buildings make it easier to defend.
- Ultimate bases are harder to destroy and can more easily be spread out.

Buildings not in SiegeXXL that changed the game:

Defense:

Super Container - Cores and bases became easier to block off, defend, and repair.

Forcefield - Very effective in maps with one open entrance, otherwise somewhat useful.
Poison Guardian - ^

Minishield - Created long after players started using SupplierX as a shield.

Motion Sensor - Can prevent players from making it past lines of defense unoticed.

Nuke Siren - resulted in players waiting inside the base to get nukekill. Players could instead be pushing toward the enemy base and easily recognize nukers as they try to get past.

Offense:

Neutron/EMP - change momentum, allow easy bombings.

Flame Gun - self explanatory

Hope somebody other than me has noticed that more has been done for defending than attacking over the last few years =/

Sheepy
12-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Good changes, nuke sir should have never been added in the first place

Weaken trans as chis said

Invis shouldnt trigger motion alarm

:( Add ru factory with shrinker&sup invi& infinite boots :( and this huge 3bridges map :(

Higor
12-08-2012, 11:51 PM

:( Add ru factory with shrinker&sup invi& infinite boots :( and this huge 3bridges map :(

My opinion about countering automated drone detection is, a disruptor item.
Let's say you buy this item and SP's and Motion Alarms won't detect you.

===
In XXL2g: Spam nukes on supplier, good game.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
12-09-2012, 11:53 AM

===

SPS? nooooo!! lol will be too fucking easy nuke/attack using this "rubber suit"
for the alarm i agree

TDNConvict
12-09-2012, 07:39 PM

===

oh hell no

'Zac
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM

* COUGH COUGH * well i am working on 3bridges and siegign it at the moment actually....*C OUGH *

Neff
12-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Whats wrong with the 3 bridges version that has a automated machine gun in the core

Sovvie
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Not having the nuke siren is something to get used to. But the pugs I've played in so far have been pretty exciting :D the lower mine limit does hurt. But I don't think it's a terribly big deal.