PDA

View Full Version : CTF-][FL][VortexBase

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-31-2012, 10:45 AM
This is a map that should have been finished a while ago, i was asked by convict if i could create an idea he had and this is the result (name changed as CTF-crossroads doesnt seem to fit the map), i would have finished it a while ago but bad personal problems took me away from the computer.

few screenies

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/alienFLuKE/v2_zps72b5800e.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/alienFLuKE/v1_zps5abca008.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/alienFLuKE/V_zps2ab97341.jpg

Disturbed//*.
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Fluke your back man. I thought you left us for a moment. Nice map i really like it. Can't wait to see it on the sever. Hopefully Convict won't rage on his own idea of a map.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Hopefully Convict won't rage on his own idea of a map.

rofl

looks good anyhow

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-31-2012, 04:56 PM
Hopefully Convict won't rage on his own idea of a map.

is that before or after hell freezes over? lol

im sure SAM will get around to uploading it when he has the time.

!DEAD
12-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Fluke, you everytime make good maps :)

Shotman
12-31-2012, 06:58 PM
its a combination of barnburner and another map which i forgot.

'Zac
12-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Nice job Fluke, only if you can make MORE maps unlike me ( im working on 4 dif maps right now *MULTI-TASKIN'*

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-31-2012, 09:04 PM
its a combination of barnburner and another map which i forgot.

hmm, wouldnt say barnburner myself its more like a cross between kanjar and butchered with a twist.

has two points for booster and SB, tunnels to stay hidden with speed and height for jetpack, tried to think of many styles of siege play and incorporate them in this map, including two hidden nuke rooms (yes, glass on either side of main area is accessible but finding where that is will take investigation.)

think i might have to update the link as there are no path nodes (where RU crystals spawn at beginning of map) first post amended with new link

Moskva
01-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Nice job Fluke, too bad Convict wont see his own map till march

And to that person that said hes making 4 maps at the same time I'll ask you this: What would you like, 4 shit maps all in 1 week? or 1 good map that takes a few weeks

Higor
01-01-2013, 01:12 AM
Nice job Fluke, too bad Convict wont see his own map till march

And to that person that said hes making 4 maps at the same time I'll ask you this: What would you like, 4 shit maps all in 1 week? or 1 good map that takes a few weeks

Well said, now my next 3 month long map will either be a bomb, or I'm just a lazy fuck.
Can't wait to see this one on the server.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
lmao

Trajik
01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Put it on my server this morning without even running it first....thats one Well Made map! Nice work

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
i hope this map dont have 512x512 (or +) textures

a lot of players dont vote fluke's maps cuz it lags a lot... noobs who dont carry with game performance like it
ut engine supports 256x256 (-) textures, make it bigger is useless

SAM
01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Large file there fluke downloading now. You guys should really use the attach feature :D

.seVered.][
01-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Large file there fluke downloading now. You guys should really use the attach feature :D

Hmmm... ok.. I'll give it a try. Demo is CTF-BathroomsEQ1-2012-12-29-21-16-42.zip

25Meg.zip

Demo of Bathrooms.. Blaze..SW.. and a bunch of others. NukeFest,

it went thru all the steps to upload it ...showed it uploading then at the end it says ! Upload
failed. 6.22 minutes

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/Forum/FileAttachFail_zps76654919.jpg

Higor
01-02-2013, 05:52 PM
.seVered.][ USES PROOF BY CONTRADICTION!

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-02-2013, 08:08 PM

yeah, it is..lol but thats down to the texture packs it uses, some of which you already have on the server

Adrian, you shouldnt have a problem with these textures as i kept them down for players with shit computers. :)

Shotman
01-02-2013, 10:58 PM
i don't think textures is the problem that causes lag. It is the amount of lightning, one example is Bathrooms that severed, and higor made that is extremely laggy for about 50-70% the people that play it b/c it has so much lighting, and people will turn off the light to reduce the lag.

Disturbed//*.
01-02-2013, 11:39 PM
severed, and higor made You forgot the 3rd stooge ape. That's me.

|uK|kenneth
01-03-2013, 03:51 AM
i don't think textures is the problem that causes lag. It is the amount of lightning, one example is Bathrooms that severed, and higor made that is extremely laggy for about 50-70% the people that play it b/c it has so much lighting, and people will turn off the light to reduce the lag.

i dont feel any lag i turn it off because i like it lol

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-03-2013, 08:14 AM
i have never lagged due to lights, the only thing i know of that can cause lags during a game may be decals, try unchecking dynamic light and showdecals to reduce lag.

SAM
01-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Compressing and uploading this now....will be on shortly :)

Crsk
01-05-2013, 06:42 AM
great map Fluke! thanks and please keep creating maps (:

a lot of players dont vote fluke's maps cuz it lags a lot
i'm one of them \: can't play in MLSG Fluke map

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};48846]i have never lagged due to lights, the only thing i know of that can cause lags during a game may be decals, try unchecking dynamic light and showdecals to reduce lag.

don't forget what happens when you see too much polygons at the same time

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-05-2013, 10:29 AM
yeah but my maps are always low poly count due to that fact, i am wondering what can possibly lag people out so much on atmospheric map and the only thing i can think of is the flames underneath the map but you would only get lag from them if you had them in view.

the map pack i used in that is the same ones i used in simplex renovated, do you lag on that map as well?

|uK|kenneth
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
this map sucks dick, needs to be fixed you can hit the core from almost mid.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-05-2013, 12:18 PM
if it sucks dick then im gonna make more like it and kick the mrs out!!

thanks to mr cheese and whine above, it has been brought to my attention you can hit the core by shooting the glass, i will fix this ASAP, if any other bugs exist, let me know.

|uK|kenneth
01-05-2013, 12:37 PM
i mean it suck right now because they can hit the core from outside ffs i'll guess it will be good when its fixed.

btw not sure but i tjink there is another bug cant explain it i'll show it when i see you on the server.

Disturbed//*.
01-05-2013, 02:18 PM
this map sucks dick. No, you suck dick, and you should stay at LoL

Crsk
01-05-2013, 06:55 PM
yeah but my maps are always low poly count due to that fact, i am wondering what can possibly lag people out so much on atmospheric map and the only thing i can think of is the flames underneath the map but you would only get lag from them if you had them in view.

right now i was trying open your map but i haven't the cache files, then i try to download from here Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files (http://www.filedropper.com/atmosphericmlsgfluke) but link is dead so no test for search the lag causer for now...
but what i think would cause lag is too much things at the same zone (flames underneath, too much players (animations), siege builds, so on), wherever you are in this map the engine is rendering too much things at the same time, almost without occluding from rendering because no portals or zones. idk, if you want, give me the map link and let me help you finding the lag causer. UT99 is a old game and some ones play this game because is good and they can't run new games

flames underneath are static meshes? did you see his collision radius? maybe if you replace it for 2 translucent sheets intersected with a nice flame tex? or maybe trying to occlude from render

the map pack i used in that is the same ones i used in simplex renovated, do you lag on that map as well?

no

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-06-2013, 04:36 PM
SAM

fixed version to go on server, i have changed the core location slightly and made the glass in front solid brush instead of mover so it cant be spammed and damage core, always been a habit to use movers as glass because they are easier to work with when making glass.

also saw a bug today that i have never seen before, some of the glass is movers and they were in the middle of the map, shut all events down on all movers.

|uK|Grimreaper
01-07-2013, 06:02 AM
when is it getting uploaded on the servers?

Banny
01-07-2013, 08:41 AM
It's already there.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-07-2013, 09:02 AM
new version isnt up yet, the old one is, but as soon as the fixed version goes on then it should be much better with longer gameplay, sending a 6 pack at the glass in front of core would hit the core, so had to fix that as well as a few other bugs.

first post amended with new link to the updated map.

Scourge
01-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Less compression and extended version of the audio? :3 Having a loop about every ~2-3 minutes I am not a big fan of

SAM
01-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Taking into account scourge's comment. I'll wait for fluke to confirm he is happy for the version to go on.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-12-2013, 06:16 AM
i havent changed the audio (audio loops anyway once track has ended) , fixed core windows and mover bugs.

the version i uploaded to 1st post is ready to go on SAM

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-15-2013, 07:42 PM
SAM

The version on there is still having really weird mover bugs (i use movers as glass because you can subtract the mover brush to the exact size of the opening which makes mapping faster)

for some reason some of the windows are in the middle of the map (seems to be 2-3 small ones up by spawn area's and one blue large window as you come out of base, first on left, weird thing is this doesnt happen when testing offline)

So i am going to delete all of the mover windows and replace with solid transparent brushes, something i really didnt want to do.

only upside on this version is you can no longer hit the cores by shooting at the glass in front of it.

Higor
01-15-2013, 07:56 PM
The movers being at the wrong positions can be the result of altering variables on those movers from outside of the mover code.
It's still weird why it only happens on clients... I had a similar problem with a spheric shaped mover, it's center was dug into the ground... check that out your movers.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-15-2013, 08:04 PM
yeah, i have had that before with sphere movers, they are very touchy.

i have tried everything i can think of and i noticed when the map starts, they are in their correct places, as soon as the map starts they are all bunched in the centre and they block all actors... BUT, in their original locations, they are there as well, i have changed all their settings and made sure all keys were correct and none were active and all movers were on key 0 when building, even set the state to none.

i have never seen this happen in all my time using movers, so bizarre, i blame HigorS siege changes for it all...lol (j/k)

Higor
01-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Using no states on movers has caused me more problems than good, I simply use TriggerOpenTimed with an unused tag and let it sit forever waiting for a trigger.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Using no states on movers has caused me more problems than good, I simply use TriggerOpenTimed with an unused tag and let it sit forever waiting for a trigger.

i thought the same but also if a mover has zero keys then there is no reason for it to move at all.

i thought by going to object/initial state/none then that would rectify any collision issues, but this one is weird as hell as the movers move to this random location without being touched and you can collide with them in mid as well as their original locations, its almost like they have been cloned.

like i said, i have never, ever seen this happen with movers, so best thing i guess is to remove them all and start again, oddly i used the exact same system with Atmospheric and that works fine.