PDA

View Full Version : CTF-'Z-3Bridges(FIXED+SIEGED)

'Zac
12-31-2012, 08:23 PM
3Bridges, I heard some talk about this map is the past here and there, and a little bit on the far wall. And then i realized...I'm already working on it!!I should have posted this a long time ago, this has been sitting in my " DONE MAPS" folder with over 100+ maps along with at. What i did:
1. There was this hole from low where you could shoot through and hit the flag/core.
2. Mid was bugging, there were also 3 other mids and so i took those out and put 1 in the exact mid.
3. Put in a door, and 2 entrances under the core for more entrances.
4. Put in an easter-egg ( you have to find it to see it :))
5. Wasnt mirrored, the blue side had the entrance on the left side wall and the red had in the middle of the wall.
6. Fixed the spawns, the spawns were in random places and dif from each team
PICTURES
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/ss3-1_zpsafb1a1ca.png
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/ss2-2_zpsed30f032.png
http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/TheZac12/ss1-2_zpse0d03f0f.png

.seVered.][
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
There's no [DownLoadLink] (http://127.0.0.1) button in that post `Zac?

~~D4RR3N~~
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I think he wants to PM it LOL

'Zac
01-03-2013, 07:51 PM
No, i just want to see what you guys think about it before i put it up. anyway, fuck it. >> CTF-'Z-3Bridges.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?dl3k3c551naiqt4)

~~D4RR3N~~
01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
No, i just want to see what you guys think about it before i put it up. anyway, fuck it.
ROFL
LOL and how could we give you opinions if we couldn't try it :3

'Zac
01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
people looking at the screenshots. if you just put the link, no one downloads it. and if you put just screenshots, they want to.

|uK|kenneth
01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
people looking at the screenshots. if you just put the link, no one downloads it. and if you put just screenshots, they want to.

only severed whants to check out the whole map.

'Zac
01-07-2013, 05:32 PM
SAM << can you check out this map and prob put on the server? my other 20 maps i guess you havent seen i guess from the PMs...

Disturbed//*.
01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
D E N I E D ! ! !

I dunno

BONZ
02-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Tried the map out. Was fun trying to get in and out of the bases with a translocator. Overall I liked the layout and the core/ flag area is protected to just the extent that you need in CTF/ Siege.

I think maybe with future maps you could try out a new set of textures, to make everything look really sleek and pretty. Although possibly no-one will admit it, I think most of us are a bit sick of the original game aesthetic that uses dark rooms and too much dull grey, dark green and brown colours. Some of the most popular maps (bathrooms, blackriver, bathvember) are based in well lit arenas that have light textured walls and floors. The rest of the darker maps still seem to have moved away from the original UT textures, which the maps I've seen of yours still use in places.

In short, try doing some home decoration on the maps. At least if people don't like the map layout, which I think they should, they'll be more attracted to look at the maps you've made and give em a try. You seem to have a very good handle on getting maps that have good control points, bases, etc, improvement IMO needs to be on the aesthetics

'Zac
02-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Tried the map out. Was fun trying to get in and out of the bases with a translocator. Overall I liked the layout and the core/ flag area is protected to just the extent that you need in CTF/ Siege.

I think maybe with future maps you could try out a new set of textures, to make everything look really sleek and pretty. Although possibly no-one will admit it, I think most of us are a bit sick of the original game aesthetic that uses dark rooms and too much dull grey, dark green and brown colours. Some of the most popular maps (bathrooms, blackriver, bathvember) are based in well lit arenas that have light textured walls and floors. The rest of the darker maps still seem to have moved away from the original UT textures, which the maps I've seen of yours still use in places.

In short, try doing some home decoration on the maps. At least if people don't like the map layout, which I think they should, they'll be more attracted to look at the maps you've made and give em a try. You seem to have a very good handle on getting maps that have good control points, bases, etc, improvement IMO needs to be on the aesthetics

thanks for the feedback BONZ. the only thing that is hard is to find actually good textures. i usually use UTTECH1.utx for MOST of my maps because they have nice floor,ceiling,walls,etc. the best textures i found were on CTF-'Z-ALERIA which were nice bright textures with a sci-fi look to it. you should check it out

BONZ
02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Have you tried picking Higor's brains?

'Zac
02-01-2013, 04:06 PM
well, no. im a very independant person unfortunatly and like to seek things out on my own xD

Chamberly
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Maybe take a look at the Sniper's designer maps... such as ]TKK[40_Dollar_Blowjob map or {DMF}Sav&Son something... usually they are mostly customized. lol.

'Zac
02-01-2013, 06:19 PM
SAVAGE AND SON!??!?! DUDE THATS MY FAVORITE CAMPER/SNIPE MAP IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

Chamberly
02-02-2013, 02:18 AM
SAVAGE AND SON!??!?! DUDE THATS MY FAVORITE CAMPER/SNIPE MAP IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! LOL... & people still plays it! & on sniping competition haha!

How about {DMF}Sav&Son-SiegeED? LOL

BONZ
02-02-2013, 04:37 AM
well, no. im a very independant person unfortunatly and like to seek things out on my own xD

WTF? Dude, you're just asking for some texture files! It'll make things pretty n shit

.seVered.][
02-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Updating maps has a double edge to it. it's not that difficult to add hacks to maps that would only be known to the author, which is why ALL maps submitted get a thorough inspection by our 'crack team of Authors.

On the other hand... change is good. So bring it.

I STRONGLY recommend installing the S3TC textures package on CLIENTS ONLY (Not for Servers or Maps)
Image quality is WAY improved, and performance too. I should have installed this yesterday.

UT Texture, Editing And Download Portal (http://www.utTexture.com)

Before and After shots

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Development/UnrealKillers/ScourgeBathrooms_zpsd23b6dd3.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/ChanClan66/Shot0006_zpsfd59ab55.jpg

Chamberly
02-02-2013, 05:23 AM
different map... but i still don't want S3TC textures lol... i don't like it o.o other ppl tell me it's all texture upgrade

'Zac
02-02-2013, 01:36 PM
hmmm, i found a couple of good texture packs. but 1 question...should there be a CTF-'Z-MINICIVIL]RENOVATED[??

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
hmmm, i found a couple of good texture packs. but 1 question...should there be a CTF-'Z-MINICIVIL]RENOVATED[??

no whats the point of having pretty textures if nothings changed? nancy's

'Zac
02-03-2013, 06:41 PM
no blaze, RENOVATION means changing and fixing things up and putting in nice things or taking out bad things/etc. are you that dumb?

Shotman
02-03-2013, 11:03 PM
to be honest, I do not see anything wrong with current MiniCivilWar and also if you any textures changes then forget it. The textures that is using now looks good enough.

'Zac
02-04-2013, 12:18 PM
i think minicivil needs a little more technique into how it looks. its just a big cube with defaulted brushs and only 3 textures inside the map. 1 the floor, yellow stripes. 2 the grey metal floor on the bases. 3 the color uK signs. and thats it. but im not only gonna change the textures flog. i really want to make the base bigger and outside bigger too with better doors and textures. also, probably add a better nukeroom ( you could shoot rippers down mid and kill at least 2 nukes in there) so mostly make the map come alive and beautiful. maybe add some trees and a lake and maybe some rain maybe o.O...

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-04-2013, 11:18 PM
i think minicivil needs a little more technique into how it looks. its just a big cube with defaulted brushs and only 3 textures inside the map. 1 the floor, yellow stripes. 2 the grey metal floor on the bases. 3 the color uK signs. and thats it. but im not only gonna change the textures flog. i really want to make the base bigger and outside bigger too with better doors and textures. also, probably add a better nukeroom ( you could shoot rippers down mid and kill at least 2 nukes in there) so mostly make the map come alive and beautiful. maybe add some trees and a lake and maybe some rain maybe o.O...

again all mainly featured on looks of the maps instead of making it better which isnt needed

go back to first grade and make a painting of your version

Moskva
02-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Thank the god Aquaman I wont rage at this post against you
But if you think about it, the best maps around are pretty simple (butchered, clarion, minicivil), obviously, every mod has different requirements for maps, but for siege I'd say the more straight to the point it is, the better.
Also I dont know whats your fascination on nuke rooms, but having a nuke room on EVERY map is just unnecessary and takes away the focus from the game as you're more concerned about taking over your/enemy nuke room than other more important stuff (like hitting the core or being aware of mid spawns)

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-05-2013, 09:06 AM
its just zac cant seem to defend his own nukes which would be in his core room so he has to make nuke rooms so they dont all die >;(

Shotman
02-05-2013, 03:41 PM
This is what i hate about the new generation games thay influenced current mappers like Zac. For a game that is 14 year old, the maps do not have to be very detailed. You can see most maps are really simple, they are simple for mappers to edit later for their purpose. Zac's post just helped my point, he is all focus on having details to it, when gamers do not care of that because they will just be killing people. I do not see anybody just stop and look at the detail. Like moskva said the simplier the better but yet have little detail on the map, and also be straight foward. If you want to make detailed maps, go make a map for UT2k4 or UT2k7 where detail is important in those games.

Disturbed//*.
02-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Actually, MiniCivil is not a horrible map, but whom ever made it did not do very good.
Why?

Blue Base: Say i was nuking. All i have to do is Run Up against the wall(say where the Super Supplier is) and just nuke it.
Now most of you think, what is he talking about mothing happen.
Wrong, If i run up to that wall and nuke it, that nuke will go THROUGH the wall and hit EVERYTHING in the base and not hit nothing outside.

Also, I can not remember with base it is, but the core is not symmetrical to the other core. One is moved more to the right then the other is.

Now what i am saying means this. That the maps needs to be FIXED not Renovated. I Belive in what you guys say. The Simple maps are played the most. People do not want to think about something in order to play, like OutWorldHold(Not saying your map is bad. It's a great map trust me.) It's just that people have mostly played with Simple maps.
Back to what i said. This maps needs a FIX. Yes i would like to see a 2013 MiniCivil, but would we really need it? Is the question.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-05-2013, 07:43 PM
bt maps are one for detail

if anything like disturbed said a fix is required

Higor
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM
If map is undergoing fix, move red tower as well, it's closer to the base and provides better leeching range.

Disturbed//*.
02-05-2013, 09:08 PM
if anything like disturbed said a fix is required

I'll get on this right now.

'Zac
02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
lol i already fixed minicivil, i didnt just move the core i selected half the map and duplicated and rotated it so their both exactly the same and sent it to sam like in september. GG all

SAM
02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
You sent it to me in sept? Please send again :d

'Zac
02-07-2013, 08:21 PM
yes i did, i resent it to you. thank god it was still in my mediafire :) sorry Disturbed, i already got this map covered and checked off my list.

Disturbed//*.
02-08-2013, 06:47 PM
sorry Disturbed, i already got this map covered and checked off my list.

Don't thank me, i will thank you IF your map gets on and IF its Fixed. You said you just roated and duplicated the base to make the other. Your funny guy. I see you take the easy way out.
Just to let you know; When you duplicate BaseX for BaseY and you say you "Fixed" the problem,
it does not fixed the problem. I have tried that, and tested that. You can still nuke BaseX even though BaseY was copied.
BaseX+BaseY≠Fixed.

'Zac
02-08-2013, 07:31 PM
but then both side are equal which is the main problem that needs to be fixed? what needed to be fixed...
1. the flags not in position
my fix: both are the same distance from far wall and close wall
2. the red tower was to close
my fix: same as other side which is fair and fixed
3. the doors are mentally disabled
my fix: both have same collision and the doors open smoother
4. the standing walls in mid werent mirrored
my fix: both the same
5. the map wasnt mirrored and buggy
my fix: bugs fixed and mirrored.

disturbed its fix and fine, you cant take a look at it if you want

Shotman
02-08-2013, 08:35 PM
gosh zac you really can't read. Did you read Disturbed's earlier post? He said one the blue side you can nuke through the wall where you build the SS. And also those "fixes" you did pretty much does not affect the gameplay as much as being able to nuke through the wall .

'Zac
02-08-2013, 08:48 PM
* epic face palm * I MIRRORED THE GODDAM RED SIDE FFS

Higor
02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
* epic face palm * I MIRRORED THE GODDAM RED SIDE FFS

http://images.wikia.com/regularshow/es/images/2/2c/Que_facil_ooooohhh.gif

'Zac
02-09-2013, 06:59 PM
is that a good GIF or a bad GIF....

.seVered.][
02-10-2013, 12:24 AM
is that a good GIF or a bad GIF....

LOL... I think you should start a mini civil war thread. OF COURSE it needs to be overhauled ... for goodness sake .. 2 castles (small and crampted too) with a PIT between them... and a couple of HILLS? COME ON! put a water trap (MOAT) add a master bedroom or better towers or SOMETHING! Just not ALOT.. make a moat ... space things out a little.

'Zac
02-10-2013, 10:12 AM
what? minicivil is fine the way it is, just ask anyone that pugs. i just mirrored it perfectly and exact

Disturbed//*.
02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
[;51761']LOL... I think you should start a mini civil war thread. OF COURSE it needs to be overhauled ... for goodness sake .. 2 castles (small and crampted too) with a PIT between them... and a couple of HILLS? COME ON! put a water trap (MOAT) add a master bedroom or better towers or SOMETHING! Just not ALOT.. make a moat ... space things out a little.

Im with you on this, i would also like to a better MiniCivil.
But back to my question. Do WE really need it? No, Would others and i like to see a better top notched minicivil Yes,

A new MiniCivil is a want, not a need. (My opionion)

'Zac
02-10-2013, 06:48 PM
i actually agree with you too, we dont need one, but the same old same old minicivil does get really bored. who thinks this is a good idea?

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
nobody

'Zac
02-12-2013, 06:16 PM
lol disturbed it was youre idea so you cant even counter act against me!

Disturbed//*.
02-12-2013, 07:02 PM
lol disturbed it was youre idea so you cant even counter act against me!

Maybe you need some BCG(Birth Control Glasses-US Military issued)
and look at what i said. I was talking to severed, not you.

"Hey i found your nose, it was in my business again."

'Zac
02-15-2013, 07:18 PM
keep your business in a thread or a private chat or a private message conversation

Disturbed//*.
02-15-2013, 07:47 PM
keep your business in a thread or a private chat or a private message conversation1076

Shotman
02-15-2013, 10:53 PM

someone ffs approve the image.

'Zac
02-16-2013, 05:07 PM
SAM what are you doing with the map? aka minicivil

SAM
02-16-2013, 06:11 PM
I have it in my inbox. Shall I up this to pub or MLSG only?

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-17-2013, 10:44 PM
both

'Zac
02-19-2013, 04:25 PM
yes SAM to both servers, i also took out the uK tag because of the horrific mirroring, I DIDNT PUT MINE IN IT i just put the reg color signs in it so no worries

SAM
07-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Upped

|uK|Chronox
07-10-2013, 03:59 AM
Bring 5-Bridges and trainyard back or I quit. lol

|uK|kenneth
07-10-2013, 04:00 AM
bye