PDA

View Full Version : Nuke Siren

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-07-2013, 09:10 AM
I know this has been whined about a few times in other threads since the change.

But, the cost for it is ridiculous and to make matters worse the range is useless on it, we were playing clarion yesterday and as soon as the nuke siren went off, within 2-3 seconds the nuke was fired making the siren totally useless, 3k RU is a lot to pay for something that is now effectively useless.

if it is going to stay like this then you might as well remove it all together from RC16 as no one will build it anyway, NS was a great build and a great help, now its just 3000RU worth of useless animation.

just my opinion, certainly not putting higors efforts down, you will always get people complaining about changes, believe me i know that from years of coding the RocketX, but i have also learned you have to listen to the serious complaints.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
this is true!

~~D4RR3N~~
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
The only good thing I've seen about NS being 3k and shit range is that now everyone is more concerned in watching for nukers, and that has made everyone to communicate better!

But New NS=SHIT IN ELEPHANT'S PANTS FULL OF SHIT

Higor
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
One goes back to normal then?
Range or cost?

~~D4RR3N~~
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
We can make a poll!
I'd rather range! idk about the others!
yeah... Let's make a poll!

Scourge
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};49255]years of coding the RocketX

I see jets in a lot of your siege maps. When are we going to fly them? :3

One goes back to normal then?
Range or cost?

How about cost and range go back to normal and upgrades cost a fuckton?

Higor
01-07-2013, 04:44 PM
A third choice is an auto adjustable siren (2000 RU, Variable range) .
It would work in a way that it's maximum detection radius would only go as far as 60% of the map...

But expect oddities on badly built maps.

Scourge
01-07-2013, 04:53 PM
A third choice is an auto adjustable siren (2000 RU, Variable range) .
It would work in a way that it's maximum detection radius would only go as far as 60% of the map...

But expect oddities on badly built maps.

Simplex Renovated 60% of the map = pretty much 4x the playing area

~~D4RR3N~~
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Damn this is hard!

Scourge
01-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Nuke siren range = 60% of direct distance between enemy cores; average distance between all other cores in 4-way

'Zac
01-07-2013, 05:29 PM
guys, just a reminder, all maps are different sizes so the %s will be smaller as the map gets, and gets bigger the bigger the map gets. so on simplex, itll be a smaller range because the map is smaller, and on minicivil itll be a little bit bigger. go back to school guys and STAY THERE

Scourge
01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
wat

Moskva
01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Well you can always have the big ass range for 3000
or the small one for 1200 so its worth making it

then again its public so cant really tell, play pugs and vote for Giuliani

Shotman
01-07-2013, 06:10 PM
to clarify what Zac said, which he did not make much sense, means that the ns radius varies on the map. If its simplex (or any smaller map) then NS would be sorta perfect. But if its a big map (like Clarion and MiniCivil) then the NS would be worthless.

Scourge
01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
to clarify what Zac said, which he did not make much sense, means that the ns radius varies on the map. If its simplex (or any smaller map) then NS would be sorta perfect. But if its a big map (like Clarion and MiniCivil) then the NS would be worthless.

I mean, that's pretty obvious from what Higor said. What I was pointing out was that for maps like Simplex Renovated, where the nuke rooms are literally a good two miles or so from the play area, the nuke siren would pretty much cover the entire playable area of the map. The problem with my suggestion is maps like Command or Burning where the cores are very close together. So it's really a difficult call for range without doing it by individual map.

Higor
01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Check the poll thread Scourge

The current criteria in mind are the player starts.
Players can only walk where they start, and no map has a player start outside of the map parameters so it's kind of appropiate.

Scourge
01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
That does sound reasonable, but if on Clarion or Bathrooms you've got a nuker flying in with a jetpack from an SB, you're going to have less than two seconds' warning before the nuker arrives. Maybe the range should be expanded against players with jetpacks, reasoning being that the jetpack adds a bigger radar "blip" to the siren?

Higor
01-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Stopping a jetpacker is incredibly easy, just push him away with a shock rifle and all your team will have an extra 5 seconds to play duckhunt on him.
It's what i've been doing lately on BathroomsEQ1

Scourge
01-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Stopping a jetpacker is incredibly easy, just push him away with a shock rifle and all your team will have an extra 5 seconds to play duckhunt on him.
It's what i've been doing lately on BathroomsEQ1

If you have time to line up a shot. No jetpacker worth his salt will allow you to hit him that way.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-08-2013, 07:15 AM
i guess with range its a catch 22 situation due to different sized maps, i like moskva's suggestion of two nuke sirens or you can set it back to 1200 and to upgrade it to max would cost a total of 3k RU, upgrade would be the range from small (first built) to blackriver size(lvl 5), that way only the players can be at fault if the siren goes off and 2 seconds later the nuke is fired because no one upgraded it.

the main point is the initial hit of 3k has put 90% of people off building one and that has increased due to the poor range on certain maps, even if the siren picks up a nuke in a blackriver style map, its still tactical because you dont know when that nuker is coming in, so you have to decide, do you attack or stay in base and defend the core from the nuke, all staying to defend gives the other team the chance to rush the base unopposed.

so its not as simple as saying "if nuke siren range is too big no one has a chance to nuke because other team knows too soon" there are a lot more tactics involved and more teamwork would be needed to get your nuker in there.

I see jets in a lot of your siege maps. When are we going to fly them? :3

i have almost completed a new RocketX, the RX7, you can see the IP in my sig if you want to check it out, none of my mods can be used in siege as it will destroy any weapons i put in game, plus the explosion on the RX will destroy 60% of the core in one hit.

these are old pics but you get the idea.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/alienFLuKE/Shot0129.png

sorry for the off topic.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-08-2013, 09:34 AM
half range on all maps would be nice for the cost of 2.5k

Shotman
01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
we should combine siege and rocketx. Just play in space, flying around no land. I would play it.

.seVered.][
01-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Actually, I suggested the two nuke option. Long Range Siren(LR NukeSiren) and Short Range Siren(SR NukeSiren), but that's not the point. there definitely could be an improvement in the siren to enhance the tactics.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-14-2013, 07:47 AM
we should combine siege and rocketx. Just play in space, flying around no land. I would play it.

That would so not work, RX jet cannons alone would destroy the core pretty fast as they deal 20HP damage per bullet hit and fires at a rate of about 6 rounds per second, builds wouldnt stand a chance and like i already said, the destructive power of RX game play wouldnt work alongside siege.